Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Carter_esque
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Details

The Rules

1. Morals: OFF
  2. Prep: None but both characters have full intel on each other.
  3. Weapons: Kal El has the Sword of Superman.
  4. Location: Mxypolis (Fifth Dimension), 200 feet apart in mid-air
No Caption Provided

Who wins and why?

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

... What's stopping both their brains from exploding simply by BEING in the Fifth Dimension, sensing things their three dimensional minds aren't equipped to even recognize, let alone handle?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ION very easily.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Carter_esque

ION very easily.

What? You do see that I gave Supes the sword right? That alone def. evens things out.

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Beware_My_Power

@jwwprod: darn, on mobile just for the perfect QFT!!!

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod said:
No Caption Provided

lol this gif makes me laugh every time. Okay so why don't you like this match up?

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@carter_esque:

1: I'am getting pretty tired of SA Superman threads (though now that I think about it these SA Superman threads actually makes me want to make a Demonbane vs SA Superman thread though I'm not going to).

2: Ion wins this quite easily.

3: The Sword of Superman doesn't have that many feats.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton said:

ION very easily.

What? You do see that I gave Supes the sword right? That alone def. evens things out.

Actually I didnt see that. But, I'm not sure what feats the sword actually has, so I'll stick with ION until someone shows how Superman + Sword can win.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jwwprod

@carter_esque said:

@willpayton: @jwwprod: How can Ion possibly defeat Superman? Just curious

Well we know that, Ion was more powerful than Zero Hour Parallax (and we know what he is capable of) and that Ion could have restored the events of Zero Hour and make it to never happen in the first place (Hal as the Spectre even stated it).

How I'm not saying that the Sword of Superman is completely featless, when Superman had it he basically became one with the universe or something like that which is actually a pretty decent feat but when we come down to it in terms of feats the Sword of Superman shouldn't be that much powerful then a Cosmic Cube (which is not actually a bad thing if the sword is only as powerful as a Cosmic Cube since Cosmic Cubes are actually multiversal).

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By AllStarSuperman

i have the Sword of Superman issue. He has no feats, just speculation. He is almost combined with god/the Presence himself

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

let me be the point this out I hate Kyle Rayner. all the Other GLs i love (especially nu 52 Guy Gardner hes doing great) sorry cant help you here

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith said:

... What's stopping both their brains from exploding simply by BEING in the Fifth Dimension, sensing things their three dimensional minds aren't equipped to even recognize, let alone handle?

Kyle's been to the fifth dimension before. It was a very weird experience, but he survived it just fine.

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Beware_My_Power

@carter_esque: you were right to add SoS. The problem? It's just as featless as SMP1M...

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Uchiha545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one wins they become mxy and bat mites toys

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SA supes did stand in the core of the big bang unharmed, so unless ion has showings of immense energy he is boned.

Plus how durable is his face? I tend to use the SBPvDax as the benchmark, but take into consideration that kyle is an inferior species.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AllStarSuperman

let me be the point this out I hate Kyle Rayner. all the Other GLs i love (especially nu 52 Guy Gardner hes doing great) sorry cant help you here

wat? why? what did Kyle ever do to you?

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

@allstarsuperman hes just so ehh...

Hal is always so reckless but hes got the will power to back it up

John is careful and has very intricate designs

Guy (when he had a GL) was always over confident but again could always rely on the raw willpower he had

I just hate Kyle.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidman560: Kyle's constructs are amazing though. And the little i have read of him i enjoy

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

from what I know, this guy Ion beats down on even Dark Schneider. SA Superman dont stand a chance.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@jwwprod said:

@carter_esque:

1: I'am getting pretty tired of SA Superman threads (though now that I think about it these SA Superman threads actually makes me want to make a Demonbane vs SA Superman thread though I'm not going to).

2: Ion wins this quite easily.

3: The Sword of Superman doesn't have that many feats.

PIS > Shining Trapezohedron, obvi. (:

Agree with the outcome though.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

from what I know, this guy Ion beats down on even Dark Schneider. SA Superman dont stand a chance.

How does that quantify? SA Superman could stomp Schneider too..

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowlaville said:

No, he could not. SA Superman minus that sword of his has no feats, in terms of speed or strength that rivals Scneider.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowlaville: You're kidding right? Superman's feats are better than Darsh's feats by about a mile.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowlaville: You're kidding right? Superman's feats are better than Darsh's feats by about a mile.

Nope.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@carter_esque:

ehh the SOS is supposed to be powerful (the most power Supes ever felt or something like that) but it has no feats. It is speculated to made of the same material as the creation of the Universe and made Superman one with it. But since there are no solid feats I would put my money on Kyle.

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for phantomlantern8
PhantomLantern8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@carter_esque said:

@lowlaville said:

No, he could not. SA Superman minus that sword of his has no feats, in terms of speed or strength that rivals Scneider.

You speak those words, but I don't think you know what they mean. Prepare for the Great Wall of Scans.

No Caption Provided

Dozens of planets being pulled effortlessly with one hand.

No Caption Provided

Read the second panel, enough said.

No Caption Provided

Faster than infinity.

No Caption Provided

Mind control.

No Caption Provided

Immense intelligence.

Need some more?

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@carter_esque said:

Nope.

Your whole hang up on Dark Schneider is built on bias, fanboyism and nothing more. Your word on matters concerning Darsh should't be taken with a grain of salt.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@carter_esque said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@carter_esque said:

Nope.

Your whole hang up on Dark Schneider is built on bias, fanboyism and nothing more. Your word on matters concerning Darsh should't be taken with a grain of salt.

Why don't you actually read the manga before you speak of it? I've read it 4 times.

Until then, you're quite confused. Its your opinion that means absolutely nothing.

You can ask @uberhikari@princearagorn1@reikai@dratini1331@jwwprod or anyone who's actually read Bastard. Even among those of use who have read it, we disagree on his exact power level (from galaxy to universal) but every single one of us would agree that he stomps on Silver age Superman

Each and every one of them will tell you the same thing. And so would anyone who actually has read Bastard

In fact, given your overall failures of making battle threads in general, I would say I have a bit more credibility than you on just about any subject. But whatever. Think what you want. This isn't a DS vs SA Superman thread and I'm not going to spam this thread (which is also fail because Ion stomps)

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@lowlaville said:

@carter_esque said:

@lowlaville said:

You speak those words, but I don't think you know what they mean. Prepare for the Great Wall of Scans.

No Caption Provided

Dozens of planets being pulled effortlessly with one hand.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Faster than infinity.

No Caption Provided

Mind control.

No Caption Provided

Immense intelligence.

Need some more?

I think what he means is feats worth mentioning Hand of God ion. Or Dark schneider, for that matter.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@carter_esque said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@carter_esque said:

Nope.

Why don't you actually read the manga before you speak of it? I've read it 4 times.

Until then, you're quite confused. Its your opinion that means absolutely nothing.

You can ask @uberhikari@princearagorn1@reikai@dratini1331@jwwprod or anyone who's actually read Bastard. Even among those of use who have read it, we disagree on his exact power level (from galaxy to universal) but every single one of us would agree that he stomps on Silver age Superman

Each and every one of them will tell you the same thing. And so would anyone who actually has read Bastard

In fact, given your overall failures of making battle threads in general, I would say I have a bit more credibility than you on just about any subject. But whatever. Think what you want. This isn't a DS vs SA Superman thread and I'm not going to spam this thread (which is also fail because Ion stomps)

lol I could care less what think about my threads. Until you try making some yourself, your opinion on said subject is irrelevant. But how about I make a barebones SA Superman vs. DS battle thread? I'll even call of of the experts from both sides in; whichever side presents the better case is the side that I'll concede to. It's time to either put up or shut up regarding this issue (I'm talking to myself too).

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@carter_esque: The reason I don't make threads is because I don't comment about characters I don't know about (unlike some people) and the ones I do know about, I all ready know the outcome so there is no need to post a thread.

Make whatever thread you want. Heads up though, I'm about to go to sleep (I work 3rd shift...sleep during the day) and won't be able to respond until tonight. You'll have to deal with the others first.

But anyone who's actually read Bastard is going to tell you the same thing.

Although you might want to check to see if someone all ready made the thread. They probably have.

Hell. You can even do a CaV if you want. I don't care.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Carter_esque

bump

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager said:

@carter_esque: The reason I don't make threads is because I don't comment about characters I don't know about (unlike some people) and the ones I do know about, I all ready know the outcome so there is no need to post a thread.

Make whatever thread you want. Heads up though, I'm about to go to sleep (I work 3rd shift...sleep during the day) and won't be able to respond until tonight. You'll have to deal with the others first.

But anyone who's actually read Bastard is going to tell you the same thing.

Although you might want to check to see if someone all ready made the thread. They probably have.

Hell. You can even do a CaV if you want. I don't care.

Yea I think you guys should do a CaV thread together :)

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This one made me LOL! :3

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, so, HoG should LOGICALLY win. I think I remember him being a universal level being, capable of being a seemingly infinite amount of places around the universe at the same time.

SA Superman though is PIS given form. He's pretty much on par with Bugs Bunny and his toon-force.

SA Superman can't lose.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith said:

the sword of superman makes Superman omnipotent

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#38 Posted by MrDestroyer187 (580 posts) - 3 years, 4 months ago - Show Bio

Origin of the Sword of Superman:

For the first time in January 1972, Superman started to become aware of larger issues - like just what effect his presence on Earth was having on the development of human society. Previous writers had criticized Superman as being "too powerful," but Maggin and fellow writer Cary Bates, who had been on Superman since 1967, took the approach that Superman, by definition, was supposed to be powerful. They began to explore Superman's legend and focus on his moral righteousness, subtly constructing a new continuity built upon his Silver Age history and succesfully transforming him into a much more inspiring figure than he had ever been before.

As the decade progressed, it was no longer sufficient for him to be merely Earth's mightiest mortal, he became the universe's. Some called this event 'Genesis.'" Thus begins the earliest piece of this new origin of Superman, as presented in Superman Annual #10. One piece of primal matter formed in that creation somehow took the shape of a sword. That sword floated through space for eons and later came to be known by the strange symbol on its hilt, in millions of languages, on millions of planets, as the "Sword of Superman." The sword is the stuff of legend, resisting the efforts of all who try to capture it, as if sentient, as if waiting for the one being in the universe who is destined to hold it.

Meanwhile, on a planet in the exact center of the Milky Way Galaxy, a race that is almost as old as the universe takes it upon itself to guard the growth of intelligent life on as many planets as possible, first through a corps of robots assigned to protect a small group of planets (the robots would later become known as Manhunters), later with a galaxy spanning batallion of magic ring wielding warriors. Realizing that even immortals can't last forever, the self-styled "Guardians of the Universe" hope someday to turn their task over completely to these Green Lanterns, if only a warrior of such noble proportions can be found who would be capable of leading them (Superman #257).

In a seemingly unrelated event, a race of gaseous beings called the "Sun Thrivers" created a giant red sun by drawing matter from nearby parts of the galaxy. They intended to use this star as a home for themselves as they travelled around the universe. The fate of their original star is unknown. Presumably it was destroyed in some manner, possibly a manner similar to the ultimate fate of this new sun.

Indeed, this sun proved to be an unstable vehicle. The Sun Thrivers compensated for this unbalance by creating planets to orbit their sun. One of these planets, made of incredibly dense matter, was unstable itself. However, the Sun Thrivers managed to hold it together for 10,000 years, long enough for another race of cosmic beings to get some use out of it (Superman #255).

Soon after the creation of this incredible artifact, two space explorers crash landed separately on its surface. Even though they didn't know of each other's existence, they managed to find each other on its gigantic continents. Unable to rebuild their crafts, the two astronauts are forced to make the best of life on the barren planet, with its wispy atmosphere of crimson gases. Coincidentally, the two astronauts turned out to be a male and female of the same species, one named Kryp, the other, Tonn (Superman #238)

These two stranded astronauts turned a world so unfit for life that early generations had to sleep more than half the day and felt more comfortable crawling than walking, into a bustling super scientific civilized world. The weakest died before they could produce children, but the human species displayed its surprising adaptability and evolved to meet the challenge.

The race's physiology was subtly altered, although the outward appearance changed very little. Muscle tissue became denser. Motor reflexes became sharper. Optic capacities widened. The race began expanding out from the low gravity regions around the equator to the upper latitudes. At least, that's the way Elliot Maggin described it in his 1978 novel Superman: Last Son of Krypton.

Central to the history of this evolving planet was an incredible family called "El." Kings, philosophers, scientists, explorers, musicians, and architects all followed one another with bewildering rapidity. It was almost as if someone was watching this family, guiding them, in order to produce an evolutionary masterpiece, a Superman (The Krypton Chronicles).

That someone, most likely, was the aforementioned Guardians of the Universe. For 10,000 years they had manipulated the descendants of Kryp and Tonn until, in Jor-El and Lara, they had created the genetically perfect couple, the couple who would produce the one who would be heir to the Guardians, who would rule the Green Lantern Corps after their passing, Kal-El, the greatest Green Lantern of them all!

Unfortunately, the planet they had chosen for this experiment was unstable and due to self destruct. A Green Lantern named Tomar-Re was dispatched to preserve the planet until Jor-El could build a space ark and escape to found a new colony. This plan, too, came to disaster, as the space villain, Brainiac, stole Jor-El's completed space ark when he shrunk the city of Kandor and placed it in a bottle. Though he fought valiantly, Tomar-Re was only mortal. He could not save Krypton, and so all perished, except for Kal-El, who was rocketed desperately away into space by his father, determined that at least something from Krypton would live on (Superman #257).

The rocket bearing Krypton's last son landed in Smallville, Maryland (or was it Kansas?) where, with the intercession of the famous scientist, Albert Einstein, who had been contacted by Jor-El for help, the foundling was adopted by the Kents. (This moving the time of Superboy's adventures from the '30s to the '60s.)

Soon, the Kents realized that this child had spectacular abilities. Clark, for instance, learned to read English almost immediately, although he exhibited a contempt for the rules of grammar, saying things like, "Me want read Tale of Two Cities again!" The space ship Kal-El had flown in had opened up a space warp, dragging all manner of debris from the vicinity of Krypton, including, in addition to a large swarm of kryptonite, a lost satellite containing his pet dog, Krypto.

The presence of this cosmic being, and perhaps the matter he had dragged along with him, seemed to upset something in the equilibrium of the planet. It was almost as if a mystical magnetic force had been shot through the atmosphere. Extraordinary beings of all shapes and sizes began to appear, where for all of the planet's past history, there had been none whatsoever. Men of cosmic powers were attracted to this globe as if it were a focal point, a cosmic crisis point, waiting for something of universal import to take place (JLA #153)

That event was a dream that came to Jonathan Kent, causing him to awaken in the middle of the night and draw a strange symbol, a weird design, "something like a test pattern" as Perry White called it in Superman #417. Somehow, Jonathan Kent knew that his foster son was destined to wear this symbol and bring it to the far corners of the universe (Superman Annual #10).

First as Superboy, then as Superman, he fought as a champion of justice, the first in a seemingly endless series of super beings that came to inhabit the planet Earth. It was almost as if super powers were contagious, as if he had so much super energy that he radiated it to others.

It came to pass that, in the course of a great battle for Truth and Justice, man and sword finally came together. For the first time the sword allowed itself to be grasped by the hand of a man. Holding it, Superman found himself expanding, spreading across the winds of the universe, the whole history of creation flooding his mind. His consciousness expanded, he was becoming an all-seeing, all knowing Protector. Then he let it go.

"You have done well, my son. You have earned your name. Your future is yours to make. Your greatness among living things is assured." This message was left in his head as the sword receded into the blackness of space once again. The sword remains out there. It waits until he who has earned it is ready to retrieve it and fulfill his ultimate destiny in Eternity (Superman Annual #10).

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantomlantern8: Like I said before, those feats are nothing compared to Dark Schneider. Minus a mention, the sword is featless, too. Dark Schneider can bust galaxies, has moves equalling big bang in power. He can go times infinity an instant (speedwise). You don't seriously mean to tell mem those feats in your scans are rivalling Scneider?

Take time and go through the thread here.

Avatar image for phantomlantern8
PhantomLantern8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowlaville: No more Dark Schneider, all threads regarding him hurt my brain.

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No man. You are very wrong.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/dark-schneider-118435/respect-dark-schneider-1502331/ Read through. SA Superman is a low level Angel in Bastardverse (without that sword of his). Dark Schneider is well above or on the level of Seraphs.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowlaville: isn't ION nigh-omnipotent?

Regard the comment I was replying to. It compared DS to SA Superman as SA Supes being superior. IMO Ion takes this because SA Supes does have a sword but it has no history of feats behind it.

@lowlaville: No more Dark Schneider, all threads regarding him hurt my brain.

lol iight. Some people decided to debate against my simple comment (which is true btw), xD Sorry.

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@degraaf said:

@jonsmith said:

the sword of superman makes Superman omnipotent

That makes him about equal to odin.

No Caption Provided

anything else?

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers