Hancock vs Man of Steel and Neo

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Mandarinestro

Since so many people think Hancock wins against either of these guys, I'm pitting him against both of them.

Start five miles apart in the real world at Metropolis, in character, with prior knowledge, and random encounter. Neo has all of his powers.

KO is an acceptable win condition.

I repeat, KO is an acceptable win.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

People think Hancock would beat Supes? What? Inside the Matrix Neo is unstable.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: This is outside the Matrix but Neo has all of his powers as if they are his physical powers. Inside the Matrix no one would be able to beat Neo because he is The One.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is gonna turn ugly

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: Here's the thread

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/hancock-vs-man-of-steel-1486853/

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Hancock basically invulnerable to physical damage as long as his "other half" isn't around him? How are MoS and Neo going to put him down?

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Hancock basically invulnerable to physical damage as long as his "other half" isn't around him? How are MoS and Neo going to put him down?

This.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DarthAznable
GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hancock one shots

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rogueshadow  Moderator

How many times does the Hancock no limits fallacy have to be reiterated on CV? Hancock never encountered anybody on his level, people said he was invulnerable to damage because all he'd ever had to deal with was bullets, knives and missiles, it's not like he was in a world where policemen carried around multiverse destroying ray guns. MOS would have been thought to be invulnerable too if he'd been the only Kryptonian around.

Hancock has great feats from the freight train, his fight with Mary etc but either of these two is one is a helluva fight, both simultaneously is too much.

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't neo stomp both of them with his full power.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GXrevolution96

@rogueshadow:

Hancock never encountered anybody on his level

He fought Mary, who was just as powerful as he was. She beat him all over the place an he wasn't even scratched or injured at the end of it

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By laflux
Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How many times does the Hancock no limits fallacy have to be reiterated on CV? Hancock never encountered anybody on his level, people said he was invulnerable to damage because all he'd ever had to deal with was bullets, knives and missiles, it's not like he was in a world where policemen carried around multiverse destroying ray guns. MOS would have been thought to be invulnerable too if he'd been the only Kryptonian around.

Hancock has great feats from the freight train, his fight with Mary etc but either of these two is one is a helluva fight, both simultaneously is too much.

The movie stated that she was stronger than Hancock. So, in fighting a person stronger than himself he got tossed around quite a bit, and from that he was no worse for ware. Took zero damge. It is not a fallacy as it is explained AND shown in the movie.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

umm.. wouldn't mary be counted as a person of his level of power?.. i think he didn't received any scratch from that fight even though he was getting depowered constantly as mary was around him.... but superman did received damage from his fight with zod.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow:

He fought Mary, who was just as powerful as he was. She beat him all over the place an he wasn't even scratched or injured at the end of it

I mean before that. How I should have worded it as, 'he'd never encountered anybody sufficiently powerful that we could even begin to speculate that he might actually be invulnerable'.

He was described as invulnerable because he'd never encountered somebody who could dish out the levels of damage Mary could and she wasn't exactly an omniversal threat. He didn't tank Omega Beams or Adamantium, the threat level in his world was vastly smaller before the emergence of Mary, so of course he would be regarded as invulnerable, all he'd ever had to take was bullets and cars etc, not shots from Galactus. Calling him invulnerable is fallacious.

Aee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hancock is 100% totally, absolutely, completely, fully, entirely invulnerable to damage in the absence of Mary. He obliterates without breaking a sweat

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96 said:

@rogueshadow:

I mean before that. How I should have worded it as, 'he'd never encountered anybody sufficiently powerful that we could even begin to speculate that he might actually be invulnerable'.

He was described as invulnerable because he'd never encountered somebody who could dish out the levels of damage Mary could and she wasn't exactly an omniversal threat. He didn't tank Omega Beams or Adamantium, the threat level in his world was vastly smaller before the emergence of Mary, so of course he would be regarded as invulnerable, all he'd ever had to take was bullets and cars etc, not shots from Galactus. Calling him invulnerable is fallacious.

Granted, but the same can be said for Clark in MOS. His whole life, he never encountered a being that could hurt him until he met Zo and Foara. Its the same with Hancock.

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team. Neo may as well not be here, tbh.

Hancock doesn't really have a way of sustaining physical damage, and even against Kryptonians, Clark didn't show much lasting damage or fatigue. The deciding factor would be heat vision, and whether or not it would affect Hancock.

Korraspirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Korraspirit

Hancock. He is basically immortal and cannot be hurt.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rogueshadow  Moderator

@gxrevolution96: That's what I said in my initial post.

MOS would have been thought to be invulnerable too if he'd been the only Kryptonian around.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow said:

@gxrevolution96 said:

@rogueshadow:

Granted, but the same can be said for Clark in MOS. His whole life, he never encountered a being that could hurt him until he met Zo and Foara. Its the same with Hancock.

Its not the same. He wasn't described as invulnerable from a human or himself. He was described as such from MARYs standing. She knows their origins and history and isn't basing it off of him stopping bullets. She says they become Mortal when close, basically saying that they are immortal while separate. The movie explains it.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rogueshadow  Moderator

@sachmoo: I'm aware, so how does that suggest that he's invulnerable? Mary herself wasn't that powerful that just because she couldn't harm him that makes him invulnerable, as in, impervious to all harm. I've debated this at least half a dozen times and don't intend to again. Tanking shots from Mary doesn't make you invulnerable, let's say he flew into the Sun and had no effects, that does not mean that he is invulnerable. If he starts tanking shots from omniversal threats then you can make a case, but Mary - a woman who can throw a truck around - stating he is invulnerable does not make it so.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By OrdinaryAlan

Fair points. But comparing feats of strength, speed, durability, etc. I'd place MoS, Neo (outside the matrix) and Hancock around the same power levels. So Hancock's perceived "invulnerability" should still hold true for this fight, IMO.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

Fair points. But comparing feats of strength, speed, durability, etc. I'd place MoS, Neo (outside the matrix) and Hancock around the same power levels. So Hancock's perceived "invulnerability" should still hold true for this fight, IMO.

I agree Hancock is of a level with MOS based on his feats, he is probably a good bit stronger too. I don't see him being able to take them both though.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hancock may be Immortal but that doesn´t mean he can´t be knocked down or damaged (he was clearly burnt in the icecream scene).

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DarthAznable
No Caption Provided

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Sachmoo

@sachmoo: I'm aware, so how does that suggest that he's invulnerable? Mary herself wasn't that powerful that just because she couldn't harm him that makes him invulnerable, as in, impervious to all harm. I've debated this at least half a dozen times and don't intend to again. Tanking shots from Mary doesn't make you invulnerable, let's say he flew into the Sun and had no effects, that does not mean that he is invulnerable. If he starts tanking shots from omniversal threats then you can make a case, but Mary - a woman who can throw a truck around - stating he is invulnerable does not make it so.

Ok, so you don't like the word invulverable. We will use the word she says, "Your becoming Mortal". Those are her words in the movie. Now, not in all cases is the inverse true, but in this case based on that statement, we can assume they are immortal as there is no in between.

Aside from that, if she says he is, then why would you believe otherwise? That's just being stubborn. If that's the case, we could deny everything until proven without a doubt. In MoS, Kal's dad said his 'cells will drink the suns rays' and become 'like a god to them'. Then we see him doing AMAZING things. But i can say i don't believe it because i want you to prove it to me by showing me his cells. Even though it was spoken, and pretty much shown. It isn't like she said it in Jest, or we have any other reason to believe she is lying.

In Iron man they said he went supersonic, should i not believe that until i see him flying with an odometer in hand?

Redmonkeyssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Unless Neo and MoS start throwing jabs harder than that train he took head on, I don't see them having any chance(assuming he stands there for those punches)

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordinaryalan said:

@rogueshadow said:

I agree Hancock is of a level with MOS based on his feats, he is probably a good bit stronger too. I don't see him being able to take them both though.

Invulnerable: "impossible to harm or damage"

If Hancock flew into the sun and shrugged it off, he is invulnerable. Also, "Invulnerable" is relative. In my book, if man tanked a 50 megaton nuclear explosion, he is invulnerable. TBH, Hancock is at least on MOS Clark's level. Their strength, durability and strengths feats are similar. Clark would most definitely give him a good fight. The thing I noticed about the Clark in MOS, is that even though they were getting battered, for instance Faora beating Clark to a pulp, they never showed any sighs of Injury or damage, unless my memory is failing me. Like in the smallville TV series, whenever Clark went up against someone at his level of strength i.g another krptonian, he was always hurt by their hits and bled most of the time. Clark in MOS never actually got injured or damage. Its like he was getting dominated, but at the same time, Faora's attacks were any long lasting effects and were by far from killing him.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rogueshadow  Moderator

@sachmoo said:

@rogueshadow said:

Ok, so you don't like the word invulverable. We will use the word she says, "Your becoming Mortal". Those are her words in the movie. Now, not in all cases is the inverse true, but in this case based on that statement, we can assume they are immortal as there is no in between.

Aside from that, if she says he is, then why would you believe otherwise? That's just being stubborn. If that's the case, we could deny everything until proven without a doubt. In MoS, Kal's dad said his 'cells will drink the suns rays' and become 'like a god to them'. Then we see him doing AMAZING things. But i can say i don't believe it because i want you to prove it to me by showing me his cells. Even though it was spoken, and pretty much shown. It isn't like she said it in Jest, or we have any other reason to believe she is lying.

In Iron man they said he went supersonic, should i not believe that until i see him flying with an odometer in hand?

Stop with the reductio ad absurdum, it's nothing to do with the word itself, its the semantics, nothing suggests that he is incapable of sustaining harm. You think he can tanks shots from TOAA?

You clearly aren't getting the premise of being unable to be harmed by anything. Why not make a Hancock vs Silver Surfer thread if that's the case and he truly can't be harmed?

Mary said he can't be harmed from her perspective in that universe. In the Hancockverse, there are no Darkseid level beings, no Galactus', nobody with a comparable damage output exists, so to say that because, to the inferior beings of the Hancockverse he is all but invulnerable is folly. MOS probably thought he was indestructible until he encountered the Kryptonians.

I'm done.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow:

I see where you are coming from. What is wrong with your statement, is you assume you know everything Hancock has been hit with. I mean obviously he hasn't been hit by Darkseid himself, but In their 3000+ Years of life, you assume the worst he has dealt with was Mary. I mean it isn't like he is restricted to earth. He drew on the moon, so who knows where he has been and there are super powered beings, so who knows what is all in the hancockverse.

Basically, Your taking the unknown (What Hancock has dealt with) a verbal statement (Mary saying he is 'becoming' mortal) and him taking what would be substantial harm to any human being, peak level or not, and coming up with your conclusion of; he is not immortal. This Because you want to see the proof in the pudding. While i am taking the same Info and coming to the opposite conclusion because I tend to believe Mary, until proven otherwise.

That's fine. Difference of perspective.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rogueshadow  Moderator

@sachmoo: You are making some serious assumptions by assuming he has dealt with worse than Mary when nothing suggested as much, the burden of proof is entirely upon you.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Sachmoo

@sachmoo: You are making some serious assumptions by assuming he has dealt with worse than Mary when nothing suggested as much, the burden of proof is entirely upon you.

I'm not assuming he has dealt with anything stronger than Mary. As i said, that's the Unknown in the equation. I'm assuming Mary knows what she is talking about through 3000+ years of knowledge. Tricky part is, you believe her too, but also believe that they are the most powerful beings in their Universe. Mind you, she also clearly had some form of weather manipulation too, so who knows if we even saw the extent of her powers too.

No way i can prove you wrong. Guess we will have to wait and see if a Hancock 2 comes out.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hancock gets stomped

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 rogueshadow  Moderator

@sachmoo: It is unknown, meaning we cannot say he is invulnerable, we can only go on the feats he has displayed, as I have been saying since the beginning. Hancock never went against up against a being of sufficient power to name him invulnerable, maybe he is, but he never displayed that so to conclusively label him invulnerable is folly.

IIRC Hancock was supposed to be causing the lightning and Mary the thunder (might be the other way around) according to extras. He was Zeus, hence the Eagle and them being siblings + wed, like Hera and Zeus.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Clark wasn't really hurt in MoS and Hancock wasn't really hurt in his movie either. This thread is a dead end.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burnface said:

Hancock gets stomped

Why do you think he gets stomped. You don't even think that he might be at least even. Both their feats are comparable. Personally, I think people throw the word "stomp" around too often. Superman vs Spiderman would be a stomp.

Roy_el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it would be a draw between kal and Hancock.

Neo would get his butt kicked cause he is not invurnable. Even as the one he had a limit. If his fight with smith had gone on any longer he would have been beaten to death.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roy_el: Can Neo use his hax power? Can he alters someone else code? He turns Hancock to cheese or copy paste superman 7 billion times. Real world but has all of his powers, huh?

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually taking Hancock after a long fight. MoS can likely match strength with him and Neo matches speed. However Ike not sure either of them possess enough to put him down for good and neither have his level of durability.

Roy_el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Roy_el

@hatemalingsia: I'm not sure. But his manipulation of the code was inconsistent. He blew up smith but never did anything similar again. He just fought with his martial arts skills and had to concentrate to fly until his final fight with smith.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Mandarinestro
Redmonkeyssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@black_arrow: that was ash from the fire. He sustained no injury from it. He was just hot.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Mandarinestro
Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hancock hasn't really gone through a serious durability test so we will never know

Stalemate.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#50  Edited By lowlaville

Yes, Hancock is invulnerable, can survive in the vacuum of space too.