• 61 results
#1 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
   Can Hancock from the film take down Invincible in an all out fight  ? 
#2 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
No One has an opinion here  ? Okay I Get It. No One Has Seen Hancock yet huh  ?
#3 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

King you know I love your topics......but. COME ON!

#4 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawk said:
"King you know I love your topics......but. COME ON!"
You Dont Think Invincible could handle Hancock  ?
#5 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

no....dude can't fly and isn't half as strong.

#6 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
Invincible can fly and he has a super strength level of over 400 tons
#7 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
Any Other Takers  ?
#8 Posted by mkdeadpool (220 posts) - - Show Bio

hancock, for being this close to having a double entendre name lol

#9 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
mkdeadpool said:
"hancock, for being this close to having a double entendre name lol
"
LMMFAO... Ha Ha Ha  !
#10 Posted by Ego (2324 posts) - - Show Bio

i am really convinced hancock can take out the juggernaut now.

#11 Posted by Shiryu (3058 posts) - - Show Bio
mkdeadpool said:
"hancock, for being this close to having a double entendre name lol
"

Ewwwwwwwwwww, but funny.
#12 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

uh hancock is NON CANNON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wow that fetl kinda cool....I just really wanted to say that!

but really I think Invencible wins

#13 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

The word is CANON.

#14 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"The word is CANON.
"
if I were a mod I would just delete that post for having no relevance to the thread at all, and slightly for just being stupid

I havent seen Hancock, how strong was he?
#15 Posted by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

Hancock for the win.

Even only havinf seen the trailers, the train strength feat (stoppiong it) would indicate a strength level higher than Invicibles current level.

#16 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"The word is CANON.
"
oh sorry BIG man pointing out my mistake.....shall Igo through and point out yours?

Resonate said:
"Buckshot said:
"The word is CANON.
"
if I were a mod I would just delete that post for having no relevance to the thread at all, and slightly for just being stupid

I havent seen Hancock, how strong was he?
"

Ya know whats STUPID is  people who piss and moan about CANON all the time to discredit comic books just so they can win a little battle.

#17 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
speedlgt said

Ya know whats STUPID is  people who piss and moan about CANON all the time to discredit comic books just so they can win a little battle.

What makes Hancock non-canon? It's movie version, and the only version we know of. Since the movie came out first, we're using that Hancock. So, it counts. Why discount him because he isn't in comic books?
#18 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
Doesnt Invincible have a chance in the Power department  ?  Hancock slung a Whale that weighed what... 200-300 tons ?  Invincible can lift 400 tons... I dont see the Curbstomp here... and dont both of them use super sonic flight too ? How is this such a one sided fight ?
#19 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Doesnt Invincible have a chance in the Power department  ?  Hancock slung a Whale that weighed what... 200-300 tons ?  Invincible can lift 400 tons... I dont see the Curbstomp here... and dont both of them use super sonic flight too ? How is this such a one sided fight ?
"
Do you think Invincible would stop a train by standing in front of it? Also, 400 tons is Invincible's limit. The whale that Hancock tossed couldn't possible be Hancock's limit based on how he tossed it away.
#20 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL......I was thinking unbreakable dude. LMAO.....

#21 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"speedlgt said

What makes Hancock non-canon? It's movie version, and the only version we know of. Since the movie came out first, we're using that Hancock. So, it counts. Why discount him because he isn't in comic books?
"

nah man I am not saying hes not canon. the question or survey on the site a few days back said "do you like non-canon movies like Hancock ......" so I just wanted to play "NOT CANON" card. I do like Invincible in this fight though
#22 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
speedlgt said:
"nah man I am not saying hes not canon. the question or survey on the site a few days back said "do you like non-canon movies like Hancock ......" so I just wanted to play "NOT CANON" card. I do like Invincible in this fight though"
Oh, OK. No worries.
#23 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"King Saturn said:
"Doesnt Invincible have a chance in the Power department  ?  Hancock slung a Whale that weighed what... 200-300 tons ?  Invincible can lift 400 tons... I dont see the Curbstomp here... and dont both of them use super sonic flight too ? How is this such a one sided fight ?
"
Do you think Invincible would stop a train by standing in front of it? Also, 400 tons is Invincible's limit. The whale that Hancock tossed couldn't possible be Hancock's limit based on how he tossed it away.
"
I dont know if Invincible could stop a train like that or not... never seen him do it... but thats not to say he cant. And also Invincible has some experience fighting Superhuman Opponents... Hancock does too... but I dont think to Invincible's extent.  I can see Hancock winning here but not a curbstomp
#24 Edited by Avantar (385 posts) - - Show Bio

The largest killer whale weight is approximately 5500 kg which is a little over 12000lbs or 6 tons. I believe that the whale in Hancock was a gray whale whose top weight is around 40 tons

#25 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
Avantar said:
"

The largest killer whale weight is approximately 5500 kg which is a little over 12000lbs or 6 tons.

"
Are you Serious  ?  Cause if thats the case.  Invincible himself maybe able to do that feat...
#26 Posted by Avantar (385 posts) - - Show Bio

40 tons max for the whale Hancock slung..not 200-300. And for the record..Hancock was a terrible movie..started out good and crashed as quickly as his landings did

#27 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Avantar said:
"

The largest killer whale weight is approximately 5500 kg which is a little over 12000lbs or 6 tons.

"
Blue Whales (200 tons) and Humpback Whales (79,000 lbs) are bigger...
#28 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
Avantar said:
"

40 tons max for the whale Hancock slung..not 200-300. And for the record..Hancock was a terrible movie..started out good and crashed as quickly as his landings did

"
40 tons ?  Really  ?  Wow... I saw some stats on Wikipedia that said some whales weighed over 200 tons
#29 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"40 tons ?  Really  ?  Wow... I saw some stats on Wikipedia that said some whales weighed over 200 tons"
Read my post above. And, even if the whale was 40 tons, what about the train feat? He has to be stronger than that.

Avantar said:
"

"
What kind of whale was it?

#30 Posted by Avantar (385 posts) - - Show Bio

The Blue whale is the largest mammal on Earth and maxs out at around 150 tons.

#31 Posted by mkdeadpool (220 posts) - - Show Bio

All the math, hurting my head

#32 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio
Avantar said:
"The Blue whale is the largest mammal on Earth and maxs out at around 150 tons."
Actually many have reached 190.  And one was I think 210.
#33 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawk said:
"LOL......I was thinking unbreakable dude. LMAO....."
Ha Ha Ha  !  Nah. Unbreakable would get Stomped Out here... I know better than that

lol
#34 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Avantar said:
"The Blue whale is the largest mammal on Earth and maxs out at around 150 tons."
You didn't answer my question. What kind of whale did Hancock throw in the movie?
#35 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"King Saturn said:
"40 tons ?  Really  ?  Wow... I saw some stats on Wikipedia that said some whales weighed over 200 tons"
Read my post above. And, even if the whale was 40 tons, what about the train feat? He has to be stronger than that.

The Train Feat is something that you got me on there... not sure if Invincible can actually hurt Hancock
#36 Posted by Rdeegvainl (775 posts) - - Show Bio

the math on the train one comes out to around  200,000 Ton hit.

#37 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
Rdeegvainl said:
"the math on the train one comes out to around  200,000 Ton hit.
"
Really  ? How did you figure that out ?
#38 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Rdeegvainl said:
"the math on the train one comes out to around  200,000 Ton hit.
"
Can you do the math for us, please?
#39 Posted by Rdeegvainl (775 posts) - - Show Bio

ok give me a second here.

#40 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
Rdeegvainl said:
"ok give me a second here.
"
No Problemo
#41 Posted by Rdeegvainl (775 posts) - - Show Bio

oops, edit, it is 20,000 tons

Trains on average weigh in at about 7000 tons and can go pretty fast. Put in 65 mph or just over 100 kph (27.8 meters per second). Convert this to metric, and its 6,350,293 kilograms. Momentum is P=M * V Plug in 6,350,293 * 27.8= 176,538,145 newtons, which are kilogram-meter/second which converts to 180,018,800 kg force or 39,687,353 lbs force or in terms of tons, 19,842 tons.

I haven't seen the movie yet, probably going to see it tonight.

#42 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
Rdeegvainl said:
"oops, edit, it is 20,000 tons

Trains on average weigh in at about 7000 tons and can go pretty fast. Put in 65 mph or just over 100 kph (27.8 meters per second). Convert this to metric, and its 6,350,293 kilograms. Momentum is P=M * V Plug in 6,350,293 * 27.8= 176,538,145 newtons, which are kilogram-meter/second which converts to 180,018,800 kg force or 39,687,353 lbs force or in terms of tons, 19,842 tons.

I haven't seen the movie yet, probably going to see it tonight.
"
Oh I See. So the actual force of the train was 20,000 tons... well that is still greater than the max limit of 400 tons Invincible can press force at.  But is this fight really a curbstomp ?  I dont think so... but I can agree Hancock would win here
#43 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"Hancock for the win.

Even only havinf seen the trailers, the train strength feat (stoppiong it) would indicate a strength level higher than Invicibles current level."
Is there a correlation between how much you can get hit by and not move and how hard you can hit with a fist? I'm just not seeing how his durability tells you his strength level. Are you talking about the force of the train being more than Invincible can dish out? That's probably true, but Invincible has a couple things going for him. The impact of the train was spread out all over Hancock. Invincible's punch would focus all the force in one area. Also, he actually knows how to fight super powered enemies. That's experience Hancock lacks. Don't know how much it would count for, but it is something he's got.

Resonate said:
if I were a mod...
You're not.

speedlgt said:
oh sorry BIG man pointing out my mistake.....shall Igo through and point out yours?

Feel free to do so if it makes you feel better.

Hope this wasn't aimed at me. I wasn't trying to discredit anything. Just commenting on an increasingly common error that annoys me.

Static Shock said:
I think he could. He's been knocked off his feet by super powered punches quite a bit, but he's also taken hits and stood his ground at other times. I don't have any calculation to back me up, but I don't think it would be a stretch if Kirkman wrote that into a story. In my case at least, it wouldn't require a huge suspension of disbelief. And how do you know 400 tons is the limit? That's just the last number he's stated. Two things have factored into his strength, his growth and his continued training. Time has passed since the near 400 ton measurement so I don't think that's his limit since he's grown since then and, going off the fact that until very recently (last issue) he was still working with the government , he was probably still training. And where did the measurement on the whale come from? Just googling I'm seeing Blue Whales at 200 or so tons. Was that the kind of whale it was? And was that whale the maximum possible weight? I saw the movie but I don't remember, but I don't feel like assuming it's the biggest possible whale in the world.

speedlgt said:
the question or survey on the site a few days back said "do you like non-canon movies like Hancock ......" so I just wanted to play "NOT CANON" card. I do like Invincible in this fight though"
It said "Are you interested in non-comic comic book movies..."
#44 Posted by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"the creator said:
"Hancock for the win.

Even only having seen the trailers, the train strength feat (stoppiong it) would indicate a strength level higher than Invicibles current level."
Is there a correlation between how much you can get hit by and not move and how hard you can hit with a fist? I'm just not seeing how his durability tells you his strength level. Are you talking about the force of the train being more than Invincible can dish out? That's probably true, but Invincible has a couple things going for him. The impact of the train was spread out all over Hancock. Invincible's punch would focus all the force in one area. Also, he actually knows how to fight super powered enemies. That's experience Hancock lacks. Don't know how much it would count for, but it is something he's got.

I wasn't foucsussing on his durability with this feat, although he did not even show a scratch from the impact. It was his trsength that was the focus from this quote. The fact that he lent in to the train slightly but that was all he did. The train failed to move him at all.

Now I disagree that the train weighed in at 7000 tonnes. I would actually estimate the train to be lighter than that - significantly as there only appeared to be approx 10 - 12 box cars (1 of them at least being a liquid transporter). However, this still hits with a huge amount of force.
#45 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

I wasn't specifically looking for it when I watched the movie but he didn't really lean into it I don't think. Just turned to it and put his head down a little. Does it really make a difference if he leaned into it or just stood there?

#46 Posted by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"I wasn't specifically looking for it when I watched the movie but he didn't really lean into it I don't think. Just turned to it and put his head down a little. Does it really make a difference if he leaned into it or just stood there?
"
Ultimately I suppose not. The fact that he did not move is testament to the strength the character has.

I suppose he could have used his flight ability to remain rooted to the spot but I don't think we can credit him with that :)
#47 Posted by Avantar (385 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Avantar said:
You didn't answer my question. What kind of whale did Hancock throw in the movie?
"
The whale in Hancock was a gray whale
#48 Posted by Zenma (4970 posts) - - Show Bio
Avantar said:
"Static Shock said:
"Avantar said:
"
"
which weighs on average 35 tons, 40 max, but hancock threw that whale at least more than a mile if not close to it
#49 Posted by Avantar (385 posts) - - Show Bio
Zenma said:
"Avantar said:
"Static Shock said:
"Avantar said:
"
"
which weighs on average 35 tons, 40 max, but hancock threw that whale at least more than a mile if not close to it
"
What is your basis for the mile away toss? It struck a small sailboat.
#50 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
Wow.  There are so many issues with Hancock actual strength in this battle...