Hancock vs General Zod

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lordraiden

Hancock has to stop Zod from taking over his city, can he take down the Kryptonian general? Battle starts in the middle of the city.

Bonus Battle:

Zod & Faora vs Hancock & Mary (both at full power not affecting each others powers)

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod and Faora

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With Hancock vs Zod, Hancock wins, just because, as long as Mary isn't around, he's invulnerable.

In the bonus battle, Mary and Hancock would get their butt whooped, because they turn mortal when they're together.

Jmarshmallow

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kryptonians

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Zod stomps.

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kryptonians

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With Hancock vs Zod, Hancock wins, just because, as long as Mary isn't around, he's invulnerable.

In the bonus battle, Mary and Hancock would get their butt whooped, because they turn mortal when they're together.

Jmarshmallow

That logic is only valid in the Hancock universe because he hasn't faced on anyone on his level of strength or durability. If we were to go by comic book Lore, Superman is generally accepted to invulnerable in the absence of Kryptonite or magic. If Superman didn't face anyone as strong as him he would be seen as invulnerable and impervious to damage. But as we all know, someone on his strength level can harm him. So we can't really say that Hancock wins because he's said to invulnerable if Mary isn't around. He could be seen to be invulnerable because he lives on an earth that only has humans and so has no one to challenge him physically and therefore we cannot assume he'd win because he's said to invulnerable

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: thank you for saying that people always say he cant be hurt but i couldnt argue against it because i didnt have an acount

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: @coolcat4: @dondave: That logic is only valid in the Hancock universe because he hasn't faced on anyone on his level of strength or durability.

Yes he did. When he fought mary. she was at least his match and even she couldn't hurt him. Superman is stated to be "nigh invulnerable" not invulnerable. The directors have stated in interviews that Hancock is invulnerable if mary isn't around. and nothing in the movie contradicted those statements

and so has no one to challenge him physically and therefore we cannot assume he'd win because he's said to invulnerable

As said he has faced someone on his level. IMO it depends on Zod's durability. They may not be able to hurt each other. Just because Hancock is invulnerable does not mean he has infinite strength. I'm not sure.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: Since Mary IS around .... Zod and Faora win.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@jmarshmallow: @coolcat4: @dondave: That logic is only valid in the Hancock universe because he hasn't faced on anyone on his level of strength or durability.

Yes he did. When he fought mary. she was at least his match and even she couldn't hurt him. Superman is stated to be "nigh invulnerable" not invulnerable. The directors have stated in interviews that Hancock is invulnerable if mary isn't around. and nothing in the movie contradicted those statements

and so has no one to challenge him physically and therefore we cannot assume he'd win because he's said to invulnerable

As said he has faced someone on his level. IMO it depends on Zod's durability. They may not be able to hurt each other. Just because Hancock is invulnerable does not mean he has infinite strength. I'm not sure.

Pretty much this. I don't really remember anything Handcock did that showed he could bang with Zod, but I don't think Zod could hurt him. Zod also might be faster. So I feel like round 1 is a complete stalemate.

Round two is a stupid stomp for Zod.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AngryHulks

@pooty said:

If Peter Berg becomes a comic book writer, he must have the worst creativity ever. Anyway, if Hancock sequel is under work for somehow, he may later prove that his invulnerability may have limit after all. Simply someone as strong as him does not cut it, they need someone really, really powerful, literally his Doomsday.

Anyway, stalemate might be a possibility right now, and I agree with you on this.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angryhulks: @bossmonster: I agree with both your statements. Stalemate or inconclusive

@pooty: Since Mary IS around .... Zod and Faora win.

very true. but i think the OP meant for them to remain at full power. also, they can always fly away from each other.

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Zod has far more fighting experience, he trained on Krypton. Where did Hancock train, on the streets?

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

very true. but i think the OP meant for them to remain at full power. also, they can always fly away from each other.

The OP suggests nothing of the sort .....

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By King_Saturn

Zod has far more fighting experience, he trained on Krypton. Where did Hancock train, on the streets?

Zod was getting tagged by Jor-El in the beginning of MoS... and nothing suggested in that film that Jor-El was some type of great martial arts fighter. Hancock would be able to tag Zod and vice versa... just as Superman was able to tag him... your point is completely moot.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By pooty

@ancient_0f_days: I know. i think it is an oversight. even if it isn't just because they start together doesn't mean they have to stay in the same area

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@ancient_0f_days: I know. i think it is an oversight. even if it isn't just because they start together doesn't mean they have to stay in the same area

If Hancock sees that Mary is having trouble, he will make an attempt to rescue....and she will be having trouble if she is fighting Faora. In any case, I'd bet on either team regrouping or trying to add support to the other team member...difference though, it won't hurt the kryptonians in the end. Even if they do stay apart, unless they are miles apart, John will feel the effects of Mary's proximity and slowly begin to weaken ..... Hancock should've been alone if the OP intended for his plot based invulnerability to have significant effect here

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: If Hancock sees that Mary is having trouble, he will make an attempt to rescue....and she will be having trouble if she is fighting Faora.

Disagree. First Faora may be the one who needs help. Second, Hancock and Mary both know that trying to aid each other will only hurt them more. It makes no sense for them to fight in the same vincinity when they know their weakness. They will split up and fight as individuals.

PopeSid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HANCOCK WINS!

PRAISE BE TO OUR LORD AND SAVIOR!!!!

PopeSid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HANCOCK WINS!

PRAISE BE TO OUR LORD AND SAVIOR!!!!

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

edited the op, Hancock & his wife are at full power, otherwise it's a pointless battle, this is the battles forum, after all, there is no plot devices needed here lol

Keikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordraiden: It doesn't matter if they are together to fight a battle, they weaken overtime as seen with Hancock being around for weeks for eventually becoming mortal and even then he had strength beyond a humans, the only thing that went that was noticeable was that his invulnerability/durability had gone.

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deus: the power said that they won't affect each other in close proximity. Means no powers disappearing. But still the kryptonians win.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Iragexcudder

Dondave is God

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team Zod.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By GXrevolution96
@deus said:

@lordraiden: It doesn't matter if they are together to fight a battle, they weaken overtime as seen with Hancock being around for weeks for eventually becoming mortal and even then he had strength beyond a humans, the only thing that went that was noticeable was that his invulnerability/durability had gone.

This. Exactly.

To add to this; Hanock and Mary's powers don't go just from being close. It is only when they begin to "re-connect on a emotional level" e.g. they start caring about one another, do their powers begin to disappear. Hancock was visiting Ray every other day for weeks and still had his powers. Even when they go out to dinner and later kiss, they still have their powers. It is only after their fight and when Hancock starts becoming emotionally close to her, does his powers fade. And even then, he was causally tossing hospital beds around like beach ball, and was still "alive" after being shot a dozen times in the chest.

As already mentioned, the only thing that went down was DURABILITY, which was still high enough for him to tank a fire extinguish to the back, and being shot multiple times in the torso.

BRAX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kryptonians win a close, long hard fought battle..

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hancock kneels.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hancock dies hard

MBCB2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod solostomps.

Aatroxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod both rounds.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

hancock both rounds

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hancock in both i think is above their league to a some degree base on his showing but they will put up a pretty good fight before going down

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zod low diff