#1 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Master Chief with his Mjonir Armor at the end of Halo 4 and Cortana

Captain Titus with his Power Armour, Iron Halo, and Jump Pack.

Both Are Equip with whatever Weapons and and Gear from both games.

Who is overall superior?

#2 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2663 posts) - - Show Bio

I gotta go with Titus

#4 Edited by nerdork (4039 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Master Chief, and think him to be a match for any type of soldier or street level hero, but Space Marines are on another level. With their twin hearts, extra sets of lungs, dense bone plating around their bodies, glands to purify air and neutralize poisons in the body are part of what make them superior prior to the engangement, or even puting on armor. Strength and durability outside of their armor goes to Titus. Speed may still be with John 117, but barely if at all. Titus also has way more combat experience than MC does, as Titus has, prospecitively, been engaging in war for over 100 years and only getting better at it.

Then there is the armor to consider; I belive that Mjolnir armor allows for a variety of modes (i.e. damage enhancements, speed, jetpack, camo, etc) and will give MC an edge in regards to his readily tentative battle tactics, but the power armor used by space marines is made from the same material as the space fleets (in that universe). And if Titus is allowed the armor he wore in the game (Mark VIII Errant Power Armor), then the previous weaknesses of the earlier versions are all but gone. Not to mention that a Space Marine's conditioning is enhanced to a near limitless endurance when wearing their power armor. A Space Marine's strength is also enhanced a hundred-fold, as they are said to be able to rip the hatches off of tanks, lift dead warbosses, etc. I am sure the same goes for MC in the case of endurance, though. In the armor contest, a Space Marine's Mark VIII Errant Power Armor outclasses the Mjolnir Mark IV Assault Power Armor.

Now, Weaponry: If you are to give standard gear to John 117; he would have (IMO) a BR or DMR, Assault Rifle and a Magnum. He will also have 4 frag grenades (and 4 sticky...why not?) and a combat knife. Titus would be rocking a Bolter, Bolt Pistol, micro grenades (I think 8) and either an energy powered combat blade (not a sword, but a BIG knife) or chainsword. The rounds fired by the Bolter and Bolt Pistol a far larger and more destructive than the ammunition MC uses. The melee weapons are the same story; MC's combat knife is outclassed by the energy power combat blade and epsecially outclassed by the chain sword.

Cortanna is going to MC's biggest advantage, other than his armor's versatile abilities. She will be able to download the informatin necessary to figuring a Space Marine's weakness. But, once he finds out that there really arent any...MC knows he is screwed.

Titus FTW!!! 8-9/10

#5 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

I love Master Chief, and think him to be a match for any type of soldier or street level hero, but Space Marines are on another level. With their twin hearts, extra sets of lungs, dense bone plating around their bodies, glands to purify air and neutralize poisons in the body are part of what make them superior prior to the engangement, or even puting on armor. Strength and durability outside of their armor goes to Titus. Speed may still be with John 117, but barely if at all. Titus also has way more combat experience than MC does, as Titus has, prospecitively, been engaging in war for over 100 years and only getting better at it.

Then there is the armor to consider; I belive that Mjolnir armor allows for a variety of modes (i.e. damage enhancements, speed, jetpack, camo, etc) and will give MC an edge in regards to his readily tentative battle tactics, but the power armor used by space marines is made from the same material as the space fleets (in that universe). And if Titus is allowed the armor he wore in the game (Mark VIII Errant Power Armor), then the previous weaknesses of the earlier versions are all but gone. Not to mention that a Space Marine's conditioning is enhanced to a near limitless endurance when wearing their power armor. A Space Marine's strength is also enhanced a hundred-fold, as they are said to be able to rip the hatches off of tanks, lift dead warbosses, etc. I am sure the same goes for MC in the case of endurance, though. In the armor contest, a Space Marine's Mark VIII Errant Power Armor outclasses the Mjolnir Mark IV Assault Power Armor.

Now, Weaponry: If you are to give standard gear to John 117; he would have (IMO) a BR or DMR, Assault Rifle and a Magnum. He will also have 4 frag grenades (and 4 sticky...why not?) and a combat knife. Titus would be rocking a Bolter, Bolt Pistol, micro grenades (I think 8) and either an energy powered combat blade (not a sword, but a BIG knife) or chainsword. The rounds fired by the Bolter and Bolt Pistol a far larger and more destructive than the ammunition MC uses. The melee weapons are the same story; MC's combat knife is outclassed by the energy power combat blade and epsecially outclassed by the chain sword.

Cortanna is going to MC's biggest advantage, other than his armor's versatile abilities. She will be able to download the informatin necessary to figuring a Space Marine's weakness. But, once he finds out that there really arent any...MC knows he is screwed.

Titus FTW!!! 8-9/10

Love the step by step break down. I didn't even notice Titus was wearing Errant Armour either till now.

#6 Edited by nerdork (4039 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: thanks. Great battle thread. I always wanted to think about this one, but didn't want to post it for some reason. i love the sci-fi battles. Yeah, there is even Mark IX now with the 6ed.

#7 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork: I quite playing in 5th. I need to get my hands on the current Codexes and Fluff lol.

#8 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

Titus destroys.