• 74 results
#1 Edited by tparks (5419 posts) - - Show Bio

With Halloween approaching, I thought a tournament would be in order.

Halloween Tournament Theme

• 1 on 1 Street Level match-ups
  • Costume's grant themed powers.
  • "Trick or Treat" available at start of match
  • The Championship match will be posted on Halloween (that's why this started so early in September)

Rules

1. Pick four characters for your team.
  2. Characters can be from any media, but no duplicates are allowed.
  3. All characters must be street level
  4. All characters morals are turned off! It's Halloween, so expect a blood bath!
  5. Characters can not bring any equipment to a battle (even if it is standard equipment). Equipment will be available for some costumes. No trading of any costume themed equipment between teammates.
  6. All characters must choose a Halloween Costume to wear during the battle. This costume will give the character powers, weapons, buffs, debuffs, etc...
  7. Characters can not wear the same costume that another character is already wearing.
  8. Costumes will be selected in a draft before each battle. I'll flip a coin before each match. The person who wins the coin toss can either pick the first costume and assign it to one of his or her characters, or let his opponent pick first. If the coin toss winner decides to pick the first costume, the loser will have the option of posting first or second for the start of the battle. If the coin toss winner let's his or her opponent pick the first costume, then the coin toss winner has the option of posting first or second for the start of the battle. The draft will also be a snake format. A snake format means Viner A picks first, Viner B picks second and third, Viner A picks fourth and fifth, Viner B picks 6th and 7th, and Viner A picks 8th. Confused? I thought so, but I'll help you out along the way when the matches start.
  9. Before a battle starts, each team can pick a "Trick" or a "Treat". A "Trick" will somehow harm your opponent. A "Treat" will somehow benefit your team. These will be different for each match up. You will have no knowledge of what the "Trick or Treat" is until your match is made.
  10. I reserve a right to enforce time lines or post limits if matches are taking too long. (I will only do this if it is getting too close to Halloween and we don't have finalist yet.)
  11. Matches are won by voting.
  12. Must have a Halloween themed team name.

What it means to be 'Street Level" for this Tourny

Your characters will be given powers based on a costume choice, so the rules on character abilities is extremely limited. Any character that breaks this limit will be nerfed to meet the requirements. However, all skills, training, intelligence, etc. that a character possesses will be a factor in the battles unless it somehow breaks the rules below or is augmented by a costume.

• Strength Cap: Peak Human
  • Speed and Reflex: Peak Human
  • Durability: Peak Human
  • NO OTHER POWERS ALLOWED

Costume Choices

Spooky Ghost

• Your character is completely silent. No one can hear your character through movement, and that goes for both your opponent AND your team. So verbal communication is non-existent, but your opponent will never hear any of your characters actions.
  • Your character can hover if he/she chooses. The movement speed while hovering is one half the speed that your character can sprint. While hovering, your character can move in any direction, but your character can only levitate up to 6 feet off of the ground. Movement speed is unaffected while touching the ground.
  • Your character can phase through solid objects like walls, but can NOT phase through opponents or your opponents attacks. This includes physical attacks, and ranged attacks.

Zombie

• Your character feels no pain.
  • Your character can only be killed by damage to the brain, spine, or by being burnt to death by fire.
  • Your characters running speed is slowed to half what he or she can normally run. Fighting speed and reaction time are not affected.
  • Your character's intelligence is reduced to that of Savage Hulk. Any physical training your character has had is still ingrained in their subconscious brain though. For example, if your character was a master of a certain martial art, they would still be able to perform those actions through muscle memory and trained reflexes, but they will be useless preparing a strategy. If you have a question on what will be left ingrained in your character and what will be taken away, please ask.
  • Your character's strength is increased by 1/2 of what they are normally capable of.

Soldier

• This costume gives your character equipment and weapons to take to battle. These include:
  • M16A2 Assault Rifle. 40 round clip. Carry 2 extra clips.
  • Beretta M9 pistol. 16 round clip. Carry 2 extra clips.
  • 2 Frag Grenades
  • 2 Smoke Grenades
  • Your character is given a kevlar vest
  • Your character will have perfect team work with all team members. (because of military discipline)

Vampire

• Your character gains a healing factor. Your healing factor will let you heal from minor cuts and bruises in less then a minute. Broken Bones will take 10 minutes. Severe puncture wounds, cuts, burns, etc. will take a half an hour. Near fatal wounds will take 1 hour to heal. Fatal wounds will kill your character. Your character can also be KO'd, but it must be a severe enough blow to KO someone equal to Blade.
  • Your character's movement speed is increased by 1/2 of what they normally can sprint.
  • Fighting Speed and reaction time are increased by 1/4 of what they normally are capable of.
  • Strength is increased by 1/4 of what they are normally capable of.

Witch (Female characters only)

• Your character is given a broomstick. Your character can use the broomstick to fly. Flight speed is double your characters normal movement speed. The maximum elevation your character can fly is 12 feet above the ground and your character can only fly for a total distance of 50 yards before they have to touch down. Your witch's broom will recharge after 2 minutes and she can fly 50 yards again before needing to recharge.
  • Your character is given a magic wand. Your magic wand can shoot blasts of energy equal to that of a .50 caliber rifle. Your energy blasts move at the speed a bullet would move and you can fire one shot every 2 seconds. Your characters aiming abilities will be determined by your characters feats with with other ranged weapons. If they are an excellent marksman with a gun, then they will be with their wand as well.

Ninja

• Your character is given an all black sneaking suit. Sound from your character's movements are reduced by half.
  • Your character is given a katana.
  • Your character is given 8 throwing stars. Your characters ability with throwing stars will be taken from any other feats where they throw objects or weapons with speed and accuracy.
  • Your character's reaction time is increased by 1/4 of what they usually are capable of.

Pirate

• Your character is given a sabre. Your characters ability with this weapon is determined by sword wielding feats.
  • Your character is given a musket with unlimited ammo. The musket's accuracy and damage is equal to a modern .50 cal rifle with out a scope. Your characters feats with this will be determined by use with any type of rifle. Reloading the rifle requires your character to pack a new shot between each shot. This takes 30 seconds.
  • Your character is given 8 musket style pistols that are strapped to several belts on his or her torso. Each have one shot and the accuracy and damage is equal to a modern 9mm handgun. The pistols can be reloaded the same way as the musket. Your characters ability with pistols will also factor into how well they perform with these.
  • Your character is given 2 fragmentation grenades that have a fuse that must be lit with a flame (matches are given to your character). The fuse is 4 seconds long.
  • Your characters balance and agility while fighting are increased by 1/4 of what they are normally capable of. (because of a Pirate's experience fighting in rough waters)

Werewolf

• Your character is given boots, jeans, and a flannel shirt.
  • Your character is also given the ability to "transform" into a werewolf and back to human form whenever he or she desires. (your character puts on a werewolf mask and gloves)
  • While in human form, your character is unchanged.
  • While in Werewolf form, you character is bloodlusted and given:
  • Doubled movement speed.
  • Strength is increased by 1/2 of what they are normally capable of.
  • Your character can bite with wolf fangs. The fangs sharpness is identical to a wolf's and so is bite strength.
  • Your character is given bone claws on his werewolf gloves (similar to bone claw Sabretooth)
  • Your character's intelligence is reduced to that of Savage Hulk. Any physical training your character has had is still ingrained in their subconscious brain though. For example, if your character was a master of a certain martial art, they would still be able to perform those actions through muscle memory and trained reflexes, but they will be useless preparing a strategy. If you have a question on what will be left ingrained in your character and what will be taken away, please ask.

Jason (male characters only)

• Your character is given a hockey mask.
  • Your character feels no pain.
  • Your character is given a machete.
  • Your chacacter's movement speed is reduced by 1/4 of what they could normally sprint.
  • Your character's fighting speed and reaction time is reduced by 1/4 of what they are normally capable of.
  • Your character's strength is doubled.
  • Your character's durability is increased to low level superhuman (Spiderman or Beast)

Ghostface

• Your character is given a knife.
  • Your opponents characters will have no knowledge of your character. This means your opponents will have no idea who your character is, what their fighting style is, if they are a stealthy character, if they are a heavy hitter, etc...
  • Your character will be given 4 days of prep (one for each of your opponent's characters.) With this prep, they are given files on each member of your opponent's team. The files have detailed information on fighting styles and combat tendencies.

Teams

The Night-Night Killaz (i_like_swords): Ninjak (Classic), Ninjak (Current), Punisher, Deadpool (no healing powers)

The Candy Bag (The_Red_Viper): Lady Shiva, Connor Hawke, Batman, Deadshot

Omega Protocol (Funsiized): Izuro Hino, Shirahama Kenichi, Motoko Gettou, N52 Redhood

Caps and Killer (Juiceboks): Cassie Cain, Bullseye (no adamantium), Richard Dragon, Robin (Teen Titans)

Sugar OD (Sovereign91001): Kato II, Nightwing (New 52), Batwoman (New 52), Green Arrow (Arrow)

Trick or Treat Bullies (CadenceV2): Solid Snake, Big Boss, Liquid Snake, Raiden (not Cyborg Raiden)

The Clowns of Horror (JokerGeist): The Joker, Sweet Tooth, Adam MacIntyre, Harley Quinn

Kung Fu Killers (DarkRaiden): Captain America, Black Dynamite, Jackie Chan (cartoon), Shang-Chi

#2 Edited by tparks (5419 posts) - - Show Bio

For now, just pick four street level characters. All of the other costume perks and "trick or treat" buffs and debuffs will only mean anything when matches begin.

#3 Edited by i_like_swords (17691 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: A straight up peak human tourney with buffs? Sign me up!

Ninjak (Classic)

Ninjak (Current)

Punisher

Starlord

Team is subject to change

#4 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, that's a really cool tourney!

I will go with Lady Shiva, Connor Hawke, Batman, Deadshot.

#5 Posted by Pokeysteve (8699 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't have any interest in this but that picture of Jason is creepier than the actual Jason in a few of the movies.

Great idea though. Very creative.

#6 Posted by Funsiized (3726 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: This looks awesome. I am in.

N52 Batgirl

Shirahama Kenichi

Motoko Gettou

N52 Red Hood

#7 Posted by Juiceboks (10892 posts) - - Show Bio

Really diggin this setup. I'll go with Cassie Cain, Bullseye, Richard Dragon, and Moon Knight.

#8 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (11191 posts) - - Show Bio

No powers? Don't think I know enough street level people to compete i:

#9 Posted by Sovereign91001 (5089 posts) - - Show Bio

Kato II

Nightwing (New52)

Batwoman (New 52)

Green Arrow (Arrow)

#10 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: No Powers huh?

Solid Snake

Big Boss

Liquid Snake

Raiden

#11 Posted by nickzambuto (15035 posts) - - Show Bio

Solid Snake

Big Boss

Liquid Snake

Raiden

Well.... just ... FF*CKKKK

#12 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by Juiceboks (10892 posts) - - Show Bio
@cadencev2 said:

@nickzambuto said:

@cadencev2 said:

Solid Snake

Big Boss

Liquid Snake

Raiden

Well.... just ... FF*CKKKK

Suk it!

Hold that thought..don't tell me you're using

Also isn't Snake low superhuman?

#14 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?

ARE YOU FREEKING KIDDING ME? I had this EXACT same idea a while ago—I'm not even lying. Wow I can't believe this.

Blah blah sincerely,

#15 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Hold that thought..don't tell me you're using

This Raiden of course.

Also yes, Snake is low Meta Human, just like BATMAN!

#16 Edited by tparks (5419 posts) - - Show Bio

No powers? Don't think I know enough street level people to compete i:

You can always nerf someone with powers if you can't think of enough characters, but it is better to save that as a last resort.

Not that I can recall or ever heard of. If there is any superhuman attributes that he has, they will be nerfed for this tournament.

@tparks: ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?

ARE YOU FREEKING KIDDING ME? I had this EXACT same idea a while ago—I'm not even lying. Wow I can't believe this.

Blah blah sincerely,

Lol. Great minds think alike?

#17 Posted by i_like_swords (17691 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: My team name is The Night-Night Killaz

#18 Edited by Juiceboks (10892 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by tparks (5419 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: I would join, but........

HOW THE HELL COULD YOU NOT INCLUDE A CLOWN COSTUME!??!????

Killer clowns have been dominating Halloween since the Celtic Age!!!

#21 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll name my tean "The Candy Bag".

...what? You wanted a HW themed name =P

@tparks

#22 Posted by tparks (5419 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: I would join, but........

HOW THE HELL COULD YOU NOT INCLUDE A CLOWN COSTUME!??!????

Killer clowns have been dominating Halloween since the Celtic Age!!!

Sincerely,

I originally had a clown too! Lol. I couldn't think of any good buffs for a clown.

#23 Posted by tparks (5419 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by i_like_swords (17691 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: By any chance would I be able to replace Starlord with a healing factor-less Deadpool? You said earlier you'd allow nerfing but I'm not sure to what extent you meant.

#25 Posted by Funsiized (3726 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Edited by tparks (5419 posts) - - Show Bio

@funsiized: Got it, just noticed that too. lol.

@i_like_swords said:

@tparks: By any chance would I be able to replace Starlord with a healing factor-less Deadpool? You said earlier you'd allow nerfing but I'm not sure to what extent you meant.

That's allowed in the rules. I'll make the switch. I was actually surprised no one has mentioned him yet. Also his low level Superhuman Strength will be reduced to peak human. I think he's normally just above peak human so it's barely even a nerf for strength if any at all.

#27 Posted by i_like_swords (17691 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks said:

@funsiized: Got it, just noticed that too. lol.

@i_like_swords said:

That's allowed in the rules. I'll make the switch. I was actually surprised no one has mentioned him yet. Also his low level Superhuman Strength will be reduced to peak human. I think he's normally just above peak human so it's barely even a nerf for strength if any at all.

Huh.. I wasn't even aware he had superhuman strength. Either way that wouldn't factor into my argument. Woo!

#28 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: No, just no. Deadpool is far too extensively nerf'ed, he shouldn't be allowed at all.

#29 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: My teams name will be the Trick or Treat Bullies.

#30 Posted by tparks (5419 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: I don't recall him ever doing anything superhuman in strength, but I've heard him called low level Superhuman a bunch of times in battles on this site. A lot of people have put him at 4 tons, which always seemed high to me.

#31 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: Whaaa~! *cries* clown or no clown...save me a spot for now.

The Clowns of Horror

The Joker

Sweet Tooth

Adam MacIntyre

Harley Quinn

**put me at the top of da list!

#32 Edited by i_like_swords (17691 posts) - - Show Bio

@jokergeist said:

@tparks: No, just no. Deadpool is far too extensively nerf'ed, he shouldn't be allowed at all.

I thought this too.. but he isn't really. When you think about it, he can retain just about every combat feat he's ever had, except everything he usually heals from should injure/kill him. So yeah.. it's just the same Deadpool except he can't heal. I don't see what's so bad about that.

I mean it's not like I've taken Ultimate Captain America and nerfed him to the max of every single limit.

Edit: Also, isn't Harley a low level meta?

#33 Posted by i_like_swords (17691 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks said:

@i_like_swords: I don't recall him ever doing anything superhuman in strength, but I've heard him called low level Superhuman a bunch of times in battles on this site. A lot of people have put him at 4 tons, which always seemed high to me.

Well.. I'm fairly certain Deadpool is not near the 4 ton range. I'd put him at peak human all around personally.

#34 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by i_like_swords (17691 posts) - - Show Bio

@jokergeist: In terms of the amount he is being nerfed? Yes, quite a lot. In terms of broadness of nerfing? Not much at all. He's the same Deadpool except we can assume that whatever happens to a regular human, happens to him. He still has his same strength, speed, durability ect. I don't see what the problem is!

#36 Posted by tparks (5419 posts) - - Show Bio

The only reason I wouldn't want a character nerfed is if it is made too difficult to claim any feats by them because the character has changed drastically. Deadpool has an abundance of feats that has nothing to do with his healing factor, so I'm ok with it.

#37 Posted by Sovereign91001 (5089 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by tparks (5419 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks said:

Well.. I'm fairly certain Deadpool is not near the 4 ton range. I'd put him at peak human all around personally.

That's exactly where I would put him too, but I was just making sure we were both clear on it.

#39 Posted by i_like_swords (17691 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: Indeedio. Great idea for the tournament btw. I have some fun plans in store for this one...

#40 Posted by Juiceboks (10892 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks Switch Moon Knight for Robin from Teen Titans and I'll dub my team, Caps and Killer

#41 Posted by Funsiized (3726 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by tparks (5419 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: Indeedio. Great idea for the tournament btw. I have some fun plans in store for this one...

Thanks. I'm glad everyone seems to like the idea. I think it should be fun.

@tparks Switch Moon Knight for Robin from Teen Titans and I'll dub my team, Caps and Killer

Got it.

#43 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: Question: the same costume can't appear twice in one match, am I right? Not even on 2 different teams?

#44 Posted by tparks (5419 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: Question: the same costume can't appear twice in one match, am I right? Not even on 2 different teams?

Correct. Before each match you will draft costumes for your team. I put the draft in the rules, but it might sound kind of confusing. I'll make sure when I post the match ups that it goes as smoothly as possible.

#45 Posted by DarkRaiden (8292 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks

1. Karate Kid (classic)

2. Black Dynamite (if possible), if not then Karate Kid (current/modern)

3. Taskmaster

4. Shang Chi

My team name: Kung Fu Killers (alternate is Skull Crushers if not Halloween enough)

#46 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks

1. Karate Kid (classic)

3. Taskmaster

4. Shang Chi

My team name: Kung Fu Killers (alternate is Skull Crushers if not Halloween enough)

Dude, KK is WAY above the limits 0_0

#47 Posted by DarkRaiden (8292 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden said:

@tparks

1. Karate Kid (classic)

3. Taskmaster

4. Shang Chi

Dude, KK is WAY above the limits 0_0

Um....technically he's just a peak human ;)

Going by feats...perhaps. B-but it's all from pure skill of course ;)

#48 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: Give me a break. Holding Superboy in a Nelson isn'e peak human.

#49 Posted by DarkRaiden (8292 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden: Give me a break. Holding Superboy in a Nelson isn'e peak human.

Oh i know but....somehow DC defines that as peak human with just a really, really, really,really high amount of skill. But don't worry, I'm sure tparks will say something and am looking for a kung fu replacement as we speak.

#50 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden:

He also caught him by the wrist mid-flight and slammed him into a tree.

Dude is about as peak human as Sentry.