Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Static Shock
@Zoom said:
"
I've never seen anything that would lead me to believe that Hal, or any earth GL, has enhanced reflexes.  Good reflexes?  Definately.  A great top speed and a ring that, considering its other amazing powers, is probably what keeps him from crashing into things at said top speed?  Sure.  But reflexes on par with Wonder Woman?  Not even close. "
Co-signage.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By AtPhantom
@Zoom said:
" @AtPhantom said:
"Hal has taken on Mongul and won, several times in fact. It's not like he can't dish out such level of force. "
When he had Parallax...On paper, Mongul should destroy Hal. "
1. According to retcon, Hal got Parallax only after coast city was destroyed. Mongul beating was immediately after coast city.
2. Hal beat mongul jr. in his latest series too.
cagane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By cagane

What's the situation now? :P

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#104  Edited By Mercy_

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Diana's current power levels lower than what they used to be?

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By velle37
@Strafe Prower said:
"

@Son_of_Magnus:
@Zoom:

You also have to realize those are low end feats, their constructs have stopped kyrptonian level enemys before.

"

Superman broke Hal's arm through his construct.......
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By velle37

What makes Hal so much better than other GLs?..... 

This has never been explained, yet this is what people are told to believe......
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By AtPhantom
@velle37 said:
" What makes Hal so much better than other GLs?.....  This has never been explained, yet this is what people are told to believe...... "
He's a main character....
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By velle37
@AtPhantom said:
" @velle37 said:
" What makes Hal so much better than other GLs?.....  This has never been explained, yet this is what people are told to believe...... "
He's a main character.... "

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#109  Edited By sexy_merc

Kyle has better Post-Crisis feats than any Lantern, so power-wise, he isn't better than other GLs. If you started reading GL with Johns however...

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Mercy_
@Sexy Merc said:
" Kyle has better Post-Crisis feats than any Lantern, so power-wise, he isn't better than other GLs. If you started reading GL with Johns however... "
I did and I love Kyle, but I like Hal, too. :P John will always have a special place in my heart, though because of the Justice League cartoon. :P
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By sexy_merc
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" Kyle has better Post-Crisis feats than any Lantern, so power-wise, he isn't better than other GLs. If you started reading GL with Johns however... "
I did and I love Kyle, but I like Hal, too. :P John will always have a special place in my heart, though because of the Justice League cartoon. :P "
I don't think there's a single GL I don't like. John is awesome, he isn't too far from Kyle is the creative department. 

No Caption Provided
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Mercy_
@Sexy Merc: You're a Kyle fanboy, though. :P
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#113  Edited By Magian

Current WW loses to Hal Jordan.

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By sexy_merc
@The Dark Huntress: That's correct...but I am a fanboy of the whole Green Lantern thing, as well as Hal, Guy, Kilowog, Jade, John, Sodam, Vidar etc. 

Anyways, I gotta go.

Take it easy.
Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Video_Martian
@Zoom said:
"

Wonder Woman. 

Freaking Hawkman can bust GL constructs.  Impulse has taken down a Green Lantern. 

Diana is faster, tougher, hits harder, is more skilled and has more personality than Hal.

"

THIS.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Mercy_
@Sexy Merc: I know. I defer to you on everything GL-related. :P 

See ya. xD
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By velle37

i've never seen anything by Hal that puts him above other GLs.. 

Actually i saw Hal mentioning some of the unique abilities of other GLs when he and Guy were rescuing them from the manhunters.. 

He was explaining a GL whose species' thought patterns were so incredibly fast, his ring would flash a command on and off like a flicker, he talked about GL whose constructs formed like a web, and of a giant rock guy who only uses his ring for backup, and just destroys things with his bare fists... there were others he mentioned but they don't stand out in my mind at the moment...... Also Hal seemed wary of them, because these were all GL's thta Parallax tried to kill....... 

But Hal was around the longest of modern GL's... so fanboys try to give him seniority.. 

But he's never really impressed me........
speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#118  Edited By speedlgt

the main question when fighting any GL is are you faster than a thought? Hal or any GL hurting superman is kinda lame cause superman and flash can both take that ring off the user before they ever think about an attack. WW is always billed as a equal to superman she fast but I dont know how fast? if she faster than hal jordan thought process then she wins. if not she mostlikely looses.  

Hal is way overrated as the greatest GL. he may be the most known but Kyle is way more powerful and better in just about ever way. Hal is no better than the other human GL's he maybe the leader and with that come the bravery and such but never think for a min that he out classes Kyle.
karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By karrob
@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" Any experienced GL would beat Diana "
uknow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By uknow

a rookie GL at his best without PIS should beat easy  ww because they can seal blackholes,have durability of a black hole etc

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Bo88gdan

Hal jordan

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By willpayton

@speedlgt said:

the main question when fighting any GL is are you faster than a thought? Hal or any GL hurting superman is kinda lame cause superman and flash can both take that ring off the user before they ever think about an attack. WW is always billed as a equal to superman she fast but I dont know how fast? if she faster than hal jordan thought process then she wins. if not she mostlikely looses. Hal is way overrated as the greatest GL. he may be the most known but Kyle is way more powerful and better in just about ever way. Hal is no better than the other human GL's he maybe the leader and with that come the bravery and such but never think for a min that he out classes Kyle.

GLs getting their rings taken off by fast opponents seems like just dumb writing to me. The GL ring's auto-shield should always kick in whenever anything threatens the GL, like for example a fast moving object coming towards him. Even if it's not an automatic action the ring takes, we know the GL can order the ring to attack fast moving objects. Why wouldnt any GL just order the ring to always protect him from getting the ring taken away, like as soon as they're given the ring? Seems like that'd be like lesson 1 of being a GL, otherwise any idiot with super speed would go around collecting power rings and killing lanterns.

And, Hal is a greater GL than Kyle because of his determination, will power, and fearlessness. Kyle is very creative which is great, but Hal is the man.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By jeanroygrant

Wonder Woman.

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By RyuHayabusa

Hal couldn't dodge one attack from Amazo

Diana deflected everything he had.

It is pretty clear who would win.

FanteFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By FanteFun

Oh this is obvious Wonder Woman beats Hal Jordan

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By greenteaforme

N52 Wonder Woman has been shown to be far superior to Hal.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#127  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@greenteaforme said:

That sucks since Hal is my favorite hero... I would take pre 52 Hal over Diana though.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenteaforme@dccomicsrule2011: said:

Look how old the thread is, this isn't DCnU versions.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#129  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@drgnx said:

I know I was responding to Greenteafrome comment the New 52 version WW being superior to Hal.

FanteFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By FanteFun

@drgnx said:

the thread evolves....this is the most recent version of the characters from my understanding

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By blackadamFTW

If morals are on, Hal wins.

If morals are off, Diana wins.

FanteFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By FanteFun

@blackadamFTW said:

why do moral matter?

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By blackadamFTW

@FanteFun said:

@blackadamFTW said:

why do moral matter?

Hal would be able to react to a morals on Diana, letting him beat her.

Morals off Diana would insta-blitz.

FanteFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By FanteFun

@blackadamFTW said:

@FanteFun said:

@blackadamFTW said:

why do moral matter?

Hal would be able to react to a morals on Diana, letting him beat her.

Morals off Diana would insta-blitz.

I dont think Wonder Woman ever LET anyone beat her. With Wonder Woman's standard morals she is capable of killing when necessary. I don't see how morals make a difference.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By blackadamFTW

@FanteFun: I'm not saying that Wonder Woman is going to let him win. I'm just saying she's less likely to try and snap his neck if she has morals on. If Hal can get his hands on her, I think he should win.

FanteFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By FanteFun

@blackadamFTW said:

@FanteFun: I'm not saying that Wonder Woman is going to let him win. I'm just saying she's less likely to try and snap his neck if she has morals on. If Hal can get his hands on her, I think he should win.

ok well the explanation is kind of vague. anyway Wonder Woman does not have to snap his neck to win she can break plenty of bones which will result in a morals on non fatal win. Wonder Woman easily breaks his constructs so I just dont see what Hal can do to her if he "gets his hands on her"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FanteFun said:

@drgnx said:

the thread evolves....this is the most recent version of the characters from my understanding

No, because then all the previous arguments would be invalidated. When you create a new thread, in involves current version (unless stated otherwise). If the version changes you need to create a new thread to apply to those versions.

FanteFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By FanteFun

@drgnx said:

@FanteFun said:

@drgnx said:

No, because then all the previous arguments would be invalidated. When you create a new thread, in involves current version (unless stated otherwise). If the version changes you need to create a new thread to apply to those versions.

Then they are invalidated. I am not going to make a new thread for this. Also all the other threads don't create new threads for 52 versions that would be chaos.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FanteFun said:

@drgnx said:

@FanteFun said:

@drgnx said:

1) Then they are invalidated. 2)I am not going to make a new thread for this.

1) Right, because the new guy/girl says so

2) Talking about irrelevant version of characters is the same as talking about irrelevant characters and that is against the rules.

@FanteFun said:

Also all the other threads don't create new threads for 52 versions that would be chaos.

Actually they do, its not chaos, most people read the descriptions to understand the versions being used

Case and point, a match with "New 52 Superman" and "New 52 Wonder Woman"

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/new-52-superman-vs-wonder-woman/681576/

There are also threads with different version of Superman and Wonder Women, does it make sense to have every version battle it out in one thread, or have separate threads for the versions being used?

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By blackadamFTW

@FanteFun said:

@blackadamFTW said:

ok well the explanation is kind of vague. anyway Wonder Woman does not have to snap his neck to win she can break plenty of bones which will result in a morals on non fatal win. Wonder Woman easily breaks his constructs so I just dont see what Hal can do to her if he "gets his hands on her"

Wonder Woman easily breaks New 52 Hal's constructs.

Hal's constructs have shielded him from a planet busting attack, and two inferior GL's have survived a supernova, so I don't think Wonder Woman will be breaking them easily.

Also, I think Hal should be able to react to Wonder Woman. He's caught Zoom before, so he should be able to catch her.

FanteFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By FanteFun

@drgnx said:

@FanteFun said:

@drgnx said:

@FanteFun said:

@drgnx said:

2) Talking about irrelevant version of characters is the same as talking about irrelevant characters and that is against the rules.

@FanteFun said:

Also all the other threads don't create new threads for 52 versions that would be chaos.

Actually they do, its not chaos, most people read the descriptions to understand the versions being used

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/new-52-superman-vs-wonder-woman/681576/

There are also threads with different version of Superman and Wonder Women, does it make sense to have every version battle it out in one thread, or have separate threads for the versions being used?

Great easy solution create a 52 thread for this then because I am not going to do it. a lot of the 52 events have been reconnected.

FanteFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By FanteFun
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@blackadamFTW said:

@FanteFun said:

@blackadamFTW said:

Hal's constructs have shielded him from a planet busting attack, and two inferior GL's have survived a supernova, so I don't think Wonder Woman will be breaking them easily.

Also, I think Hal should be able to react to Wonder Woman. He's caught Zoom before, so he should be able to catch her.

I looks like she has NO trouble breaking them to me.

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By IZZR
@FanteFun said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@blackadamFTW said:

@FanteFun said:

@blackadamFTW said:

I looks like she has NO trouble breaking them to me.

Well in the new 52 his constructs seem about as powerful as paper glass. they ruined Hal. Supes and Diana have both broken his constructs with extreme ease its almost pathetic.
FanteFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By FanteFun

@IZZR:Well thats my point. Wonder Woman wins here.

FanteFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By FanteFun

@IZZR: Also Wonder Woman has broken Green Lantern Constructs prior to the new 52.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FanteFun said:

@drgnx said:

@FanteFun said:

@drgnx said:

@FanteFun said:

@drgnx said:

@FanteFun said:

Great easy solution create a 52 thread for this then because I am not going to do it. a lot of the 52 events have been reconnected.

I'm glad you understand that

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#147  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Hard one. Both characters are often severely underestimated or overestimated.

FanteFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By FanteFun

@drgnx: yes ver@drgnx said:

@FanteFun said:

@drgnx said:

@FanteFun said:

@drgnx said:

@FanteFun said:

@drgnx said:

@FanteFun said:

I'm glad you understand that

yes very much so...but still I see no point to create another thread

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#149  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@FanteFun: New 52 power levels are not the same as pre 52 power levels and the constructs Diana broke were from a random trainee GL. There is also the fact that The current JL series is iffy when it comes to power levels. He had the League manhandle Darkseid for Christs sake.

FanteFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By FanteFun

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@FanteFun: New 52 power levels are not the same as pre 52 power levels and the constructs Diana broke were from a random trainee GL. There is also the fact that The current JL series is iffy when it comes to power levels. He had the League manhandle Darkseid for Christs sake.

The Pre 52 Green Lantern was not a trainee He was a full green lantern He was not at Hals level but he was a full green lantern. Not a trainee

and as far as I am concerned the 52 is the Current version. and its clear Wonder Woman can break is constructs quite easily.