Hal Jordan vs Superman

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NightThrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NightThrasher

Hal takes on Supes. Pre-52 feats allowed. Fight takes place over an ocean. Morals are off.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hal stomps so damn hard

Sewy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol people don't know anything.

If Hal can create kryptonite from his ring then GG Hal wins... If not Superman will break all his bones and crush him.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal wins by creating kryptonite wavelength

brainstorm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

even without kryptonite hal can win this if willing to win

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

I'm quite sure this has been done before......

That being said, I'm giving the majority to Hal.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Morals off = Kryptonite constructs.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ZhuRong

Knowing Supes has a weakness. You should of use Martian Manhunter or Wonder Woman

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre-52? ZH Parallax FTW!!! XD

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

When has Hal ever created Green-K post crisis?

Kyle did before, but Hal =/= Kyle.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dondave

Hal

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: Hal also has matter Manipulation, he'd have no problem creating Kryptonite. Also he had Pieface do it when he defeated the Justice League

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal ftw.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sewy18: I doubt he can do that since it's out of his thinking.

Hal Jordan has a better chance if it is New52 Superman and might win but here Supes wins

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal stomp if he can create kryptonite.

Supes stomp if Hal can't

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Could go either way.

*waits for stupid Justice League Origin scans of constructs shattering.

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way.

HailFire2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HailFire2814

Can't supes move far faster than thought? If so couldn't he just speed blitz Hal and tear his hand/head off before he could register a thought to create a construct? I'm only assuming this would happen since the OP said morals are off so I'm guessing they'd both be out of character. Btw is the Injustice story arc classed as canon? In issue 1 a bloodlusted Supes simply removed Hal's ring before he could even think of doing anything when he tried to stop him from getting to the joker, again if it's not canon I suppose that point is pretty nullified...

Nox_Arc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see the point in bringing up the creation of Kryptonite when Hal has never once done it before, with morals or without. Although, this fight can go either way in my opinion with Hal probably taking a majority due to a lot more experience but even then, it won't be easy.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nox_arc: Hal's plan to take down Supes involves him creating Kryptonite as seen in Green Lantern Legacy.

KnightX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By KnightX

Come on people! There is no way Hal takes the majority of this. Pre-52, Superman took Kyle's best shots and beat him, fought Kilowog to a stand still (and beat him in Panic in the Sky storyline), shattered Kyle's constructs EASILY in the Superman Rex storyline (and Kyle had help from the entire JLA and STILL failed to take Superman down without using Kryptonite). Even when Superman fought Guy, Superman had the clear advantage and Superman wasn't even trying.

In the New 52, it was plainly shown that Hal couldn't even stand up to Superman because Kal was shattering Hal's constructs with EASE and Hal called for HELP from Flash. Now why would he do that if Hal was confident he would win? Simple, he COULDN'T win. Period.

Superman already has the slight majority of wins over GL's and even during the times where the fight ended too early, Superman was shown as the clear superior.

Oh, and Kryptonite is going to be non-factor since Hal has NEVER used it against Superman Pre-52 OR the New-52.

There is NO WAY Hal takes the majority of wins against either Pre-52 Superman or the New 52 version. No way. Superman easily, EASILY, wins this 8/10.

IF (and that's a BIG IF) Hal can learns how to create Kryptonite with his ring then, yes, Hal easily wins the majority. But without it, as the bucketloads of evidence suggests...SUPERMAN EASILY wins 8/10. Easily.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morals off Hal would win as Don explained

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal takes the majority in a tough fight.

Nox_Arc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@nox_arc: Hal's plan to take down Supes involves him creating Kryptonite as seen in Green Lantern Legacy.

It was a theoretical plan sure, but he still never actually created the Kryptonite. On a somewhat related topic, it'd be similar to saying just because Sinestro supposedly broke a GL ring twice, Hal could do the same thing. I'm not here arguing whether he can do it or not, I'm just saying it'd be completely against his character, with or without morals since it never happened.

DaseanComerWCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DaseanComerWCR

Attention click here to see the truth of this post and the way it would go/ has gone respond willingly if you oppose

No Caption Provided

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By ZeroPlus

Been done.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Morals off superman destroy hal jordan.Kryptonite only works on superman at close quarters.Plus to make it even better superman has some good feats of defeating people with kryptonite in his blood stream.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nox_arc: His ring did create Kryptonite though, it was part of the process he taught Pieface in defeating Superman.

Also it wouldn't be out if character of Hal to create Kryptonite due to the fact that the first part of his plan to take down Superman is gor him to create Kryptonite.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor: Hal can turn the entire planet into Kryptonite.

Nox_Arc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@nox_arc: His ring did create Kryptonite though, it was part of the process he taught Pieface in defeating Superman.

Also it wouldn't be out if character of Hal to create Kryptonite due to the fact that the first part of his plan to take down Superman is gor him to create Kryptonite.

Yet, he still never created the Kryptonite himself. That's my entire point dude. He had a theoretical "plan" to take down Superman utilizing Kryptonite, but I personally don't think it means anything since he never once did it before. Perhaps it's just me and I apologize, but I don't think using theoretical notions really apply to these type of battles. The point is to determine how a character may perform and bounce ideas back and forth with another person based off of actual representative feats. Or at least, that's how I view battles.

In this case, I think it's fair enough to say Hal would be completely out of character to use Kryptonite against Superman based on all of his showings with Superman, or any Kryptonians by extension.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Superman fly right into a red sun and still could fight so what are you saying.Kryptonite might weaken superman to a level but this does not mean that he cannot fight back.You make it seem like superman is going to stand still and wait on hal to make a krpytonite ftw.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Dredeuced

@tensor said:

@dondave: Superman fly right into a red sun and still could fight so what are you saying.Kryptonite might weaken superman to a level but this does not mean that he cannot fight back.You make it seem like superman is going to stand still and wait on hal to make a krpytonite ftw.

If you want to use Superman's best feats then Hal's best feats dwarf base Superman.

also Kryptonite and Red Sun radiation affect him differently. Kryptonite is much faster and basically poisonous to his system. Red Sun Radiation is a much slower draining effect. Both obviously vary depending on the story, but Superman has been nearly instantly incapacitated more often than not when met with kryptonite.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nox_arc: His ring did create Kryptonite. Pieface used Hal's ring to defeat the Justice League, part of that was creating Kryptonite. Pieface just followed Hal's plan, I don't see why it would be out of charcter for him to use Kryptonite when it part of his contingency plan and it has been shown to work.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By tensor
Nox_Arc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Nox_Arc

@dondave said:

@nox_arc: His ring did create Kryptonite. Pieface used Hal's ring to defeat the Justice League, part of that was creating Kryptonite. Pieface just followed Hal's plan, I don't see why it would be out of charcter for him to use Kryptonite when it part of his contingency plan and it has been shown to work.

Again dude, I'm not arguing whether the ring can create Kryptonite or not. I made that point a while back. I'm arguing that Hal HIMSELF has never performed the feat. Pieface used HIS ring, Hal never did it himself. Hal also could've used matter manip against Superman plenty of other times they fought but he never once did.

Let's say even if that single instance was applicable, I don't think it'd be fair to consider it consistent as it was never done again. Wouldn't you say that consistency is a factor that helps determine how we use feats with these characters?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By dondave

@nox_arc: Piefcae did it based on a plan Hal created, why wouldn't he use his own plan?

Hal's only fought Superman Post-Crisis when he's been possessed, there's no consistency to base it on except the fact that his plan to take him down involved him creating Kryptonite.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman wins no matter what.

DaseanComerWCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:

@daseancomerwcr said:

Attention click here to see the truth of this post and the way it would go/ has gone respond willingly if you oppose

No Caption Provided

why is batman staring so closely at it,also why is supes so surprised?

lol ikr

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#41  Edited By Extremis

I don't understand how people are saying Hal could create kryptonite. GLs create light constructs, not real organic matter.

Is there something I'm missing?

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

@sophia89 said:

@daseancomerwcr said:

No Caption Provided

why is batman staring so closely at it,also why is supes so surprised?

I think the funniest part is how horrified John Stewart is haha

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Sy8000  Online

Could go either way.

*waits for stupid Justice League Origin scans of constructs shattering.

The worst part is the person who wrote that scene is considered the best green lantern writer of this decade.

This fight could go either way really. In Green lantern rebirth, it was clear the green lanterns could take down superman level beings like MMH and WW, but they did have a surprise advantage in all those. I don't think Hal has ever beat someone that level in a straight up fight, save Mongol who is much slower than other superman level beings. I say supes for a slight majority.

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman stomps, he is faster, stronger, more durable, better stamina, better flexibility and elasticity, better senses and two very useful powers (heat vision and frost breath). Hal is not magic, the only choise he have is the kryptonite constructs but he can do that? there is such a feat in his arsenal? i dont think so... bloodlusted superman it's superboy prime (and superboy prime is a crying baby, he is not superman) and we all know what happend when Guy, Sodam, Hal, etc fought him. ah also, fighting skills... i think that both are even, perhaps Hal is a little bit better in h2h but a little bit is not going to help.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, as much as I love Hal, he loses to Superman. Sorry... Supes is too fast and powerful, even for the greatest Green Lantern.

HAMMER_OF_J2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone is saying that if Hal construct Kryptonite he can beat superman which I can agree with but what happens if Superman can speed blitz him and if Hal can make Kriptonite AND the effects that go with it than he would be able to turn villian and kill superman if he wanted to

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By willpayton

Everyone is saying that if Hal construct Kryptonite he can beat superman which I can agree with but what happens if Superman can speed blitz him and if Hal can make Kriptonite AND the effects that go with it than he would be able to turn villian and kill superman if he wanted to

Hal creating Kryptonite is only theoretical. Kyle did it, but Hal hasnt.