Hal Jordan vs Stardust

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RoyalDivinity

Fight takes place above the planets atmosphere. 
no knowledge on each others powers.  
Who wins? 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By isaac_clarke

Stardust should win, mainly because Hal can't really put him down. 
Hopefully the nonsense argument that Stardust is susceptible to being sucked up into a GL ring despite displaying control over energy, including his own body.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By Pharoh_Atem
@isaac_clarke said:
 Stardust should win, mainly because Hal can't really put him down. Hopefully the nonsense argument that Stardust is susceptible to being sucked up into a GL ring despite displaying control over energy, including his own body.
i thought stardust was a female.
AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#4  Edited By AssertingValor

Hal jordan..........
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By isaac_clarke
@dccomicsrule2011 said:

i thought stardust was a female.

Simply going by what Galactus said:  
"BUT NEVER HAS ONE WILLINGLY DELIVERED UNTO ME THE LAST SURVIVORS OF HISOWN RACE." 
Stardust shouldn't actually have any type of sex though, being an energy being an all.
No Caption Provided
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Hal wins.....

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#7  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt  Online

stardust is a female. the "his own race" is simply refereing to people in general. this was confirmed in super hero squad.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By progenitorigin

Going with good ol' Hal.
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By isaac_clarke
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
stardust is a female. the "his own race" is simply refereing to people in general. this was confirmed in super hero squad.
Your ignoring that Superhero Squad is built for kids, a character named Stardust, who loves Galactus, isn't going to come off too well if he is a he to children. 
That and completely non canon to Stardust appearance, remains that. The best indication of his gender was from Galactus' own words, while I understand his heralds tend to be a complete sausage fest, if he wanted to establish him as a her he could have referred to him as such.
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By buttersdaman000

Ehh ill say Hal for now.
I dont think Stardust is even close to Surfers levels....

Avatar image for marvelrules2011
marvelrules2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By marvelrules2011

Hal Wins

Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal.

departed402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By departed402
@buttersdaman000 said:
Ehh ill say Hal for now. I dont think Stardust is even close to Surfers levels....

this
sa5m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By sa5m

The Hal Jordan I believe =)

silverman201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By silverman201

Hal.
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By czarny_samael666

Good battle.  Stardust is easily a planet buster who can turn intangible, so she should be able to take Hal.

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RoyalDivinity
@czarny_samael
Thanks. Is that the only reason you think she wins?
Avatar image for cypher_s_gambit
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Cypher's Gambit

Stardust power can last her forever, Hal's Ring can last him 2 hours at max just flying around. The stronger that the effect of his Ring uses, the more juice it consumes. He can contain Stardust for sure, but the question is, for how long?

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By czarny_samael666
@PunkMastaFlex said:
@czarny_samael: Thanks. Is that the only reason you think she wins?
Pretty much, but the point is, that Hal would have a problem with hitting her and we all knows that BRB gives probably everything he had to defeat her and she just transform. Besides, she can open portals (so BFR is an option), creates black holes... She is a powerhouse.
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael said:
Good battle.  Stardust is easily a planet buster who can turn intangible, so she should be able to take Hal.
Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21  Edited By TheSpiritStalker

I'll go with Stardust, Beta Ray Bill's punches couldn't put him down.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump. I think this is a good battle, though personally I'd lean toward Stardust

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd back Hal

MrStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MrStranger

Could go either way, but Green Lantern's got way more showings to choose from.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What are Stardust's best feats?

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He planet busted with a bullrush, is basically immune to physical attacks, can phase through physical and energy attacks, has matched BRB in energy, can summon black holes.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:
@willpayton said:

He planet busted with a bullrush, is basically immune to physical attacks, can phase through physical and energy attacks, has matched BRB in energy, can summon black holes.

Hmm, ok, that sounds pretty good. Are there scans?

Eeef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with Hal. He has a lot more showings compared to Stardust.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal should take it.

He should at least match Stardust in damage output, plus there's the advantage of versatility and speed.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Kevd4wg

@lanternbatman

Anyway, the main reason I think Stardust wins is her phasing. Unless Hal has scans of resisting phasing, she can phase through his constructs, which should hurt pretty bad for him.

Stormbreaker 3
Stormbreaker 3

Along with that, I think the ability to slam Hal with a planetary bullrush wouldn't be all too great, for him, especially since IIRC Hal has worse blunt force durability then energy based

Stormbreaker 4

That's not the kind of attack I see Hal tanking, but maybe I'm wrong, feel free to enlighten me.

I think we can both agree that neither will have a major problem with speed

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: Not Hal, but John put MMH in a construct in Cosmic Odyssey and he couldn't get it.

Darth_Nimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5c443c2a6994d
deactivated-5c443c2a6994d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg:

Anyway, the main reason I think Stardust wins is her phasing. Unless Hal has scans of resisting phasing, she can phase through his constructs, which should hurt pretty bad for him.

So you're saying Stardust will phase through Hal's restraint, protection bubbles and blunt constructs, thus rendering most of his attacks and a defensive tactic useless? I won't show scans at the moment as my internet connection is currently a bit poor, but to cite instead, in Brave and the Bold Vol. 1 #30 Amazo attempted to phase through Hal's construct bubble by vibrating through Flash's super-speed, but he just bounced off of it. Admittedly it is a scan from the Pre-Crisis era, however it's been retconned into Post-Crisis canon when Amazo regained his memories/data banks/whatever they call them in Justice League Of America Vol. 2 #5 ergo making it valid here. Another user also mentioned an instance I was unaware of, John putting Martian Manhunter helpless in a construct. I assume you're implying she will phase through his energy blasts as-well, but I question the consistency of using the phasing in-character. If she didn't attempt to phase against Beta Ray Bill's Stormbreaker strikes, Human Torch's flames, and Storm's lightning blasts, what makes you think she'll use it here? Either her arrogance is just too much for her to consistently use the phasing or it is blatantly out-of-character, ergo, inapplicable.

Now that I've gotten through her phasing, there's actually putting her down. I won't argue blunt constructs, her blunt force durability is admittedly highly impressive and Hal's attacks aren't putting her down in any reasonable period of time. Regardless he has the options of restraining her for the incapacitation or taking her down with energy blasts. Stardust overpowering Beta Ray Bill in a strength contest is decent but Hal has moved half (Superman did half the other work) the Earth at MFTL speeds across the solar system back to it's orbital position after Starbreaker was pulling it to the Sun without much effort, and effortlessly restrained Lobo twice. Lobo has crushed a city into a bite-sized package then ate it, ragdolled DOS Superman (who was still strong enough to shake Earth with his hits), etc. On energy projection, did Stardust have any notable feats in that area? I think you know most of Hal's feats, he's one-shotted Yellow Lanterns, Guy Gardner w/Sinestro ring, a group of Elite Lanterns including John Stewart and Kilowog, Cyborg Superman, Superboy Prime, Amazo, Krona, etc. As far as I'm aware, the only argument you can make in favor of Stardust is reconstitution, but it takes her several minutes to do so, and if memory serves correct, one minute of KO/Incap/Kill is enough based on battle-forum rules. If all else fails, Hal could absorb her in his Power Battery in a similar vein/sense to how he did Dr. Light in Green Lantern Vol. 3 #36.

Aong with that, I think the ability to slam Hal with a planetary bullrush wouldn't be all too great, for him, especially since IIRC Hal has worse blunt force durability then energy based

Hal cannot consistently tank planet-busting blunt force, however there are a few important things to note here. She did it with a huge bullrush down to under the mantle, bullrushing is not her first-move at all and in comparison with restraint constructs, energy projection and energy absorption Hal has a bigger chance of taking her down than she would with the bullrush, specifically faster than she would due to the more options, moreover as far as I'm aware Stardust's bullrushes are only FTL which as we both know Hal can fully react to. In addition he could simply create dozens of constructs and energy blasts from everywhere like he's done several times in Rebirth, blunt construct slams that disperse into energy projection explosions once they hit Stardust will repeatedly disrupt her bullrushes. Any one bullrush that actually tags him will hurt but it can be withstood given he's tanked strikes from Larfleeze, Superboy Prime and Cyborg Superman, and you've already seen my extrapolations of those feats.

I think we can both agree that neither will have a major problem with speed

I disagree, but your main points of phasing and planet busting are more relevant here so I'd prefer not to dive into irrelevancy.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lanternbatman:

So you're saying Stardust will phase through Hal's restraint, protection bubbles and blunt constructs, thus rendering most of his attacks and a defensive tactic useless?

Not all the time obviously, but yeah, Stardust will likely abuse her phasing against Hal

in Brave and the Bold Vol. 1 #30 Amazo attempted to phase through Hal's construct bubble by vibrating through Flash's super-speed, but he just bounced off of it. Admittedly it is a scan from the Pre-Crisis era, however it's been retconned into Post-Crisis canon when Amazo regained his memories/data banks/whatever they call them in Justice League Of America Vol. 2 #5 ergo making it valid here.

Oh come on man, Pre-Crisis scans? Even if it was retconned to be post-crisis we all know how much of a mess the pre-crisis characters were with consistency and powers. Plus the way it happened in the post crisis era could've been completely different then how it happened pre-crisis.

nother user also mentioned an instance I was unaware of, John putting Martian Manhunter helpless in a construct. I assume you're implying she will phase through his energy blasts as-well, but I question the consistency of using the phasing in-character. If she didn't attempt to phase against Beta Ray Bill's Stormbreaker strikes, Human Torch's flames, and Storm's lightning blasts, what makes you think she'll use it here? Either her arrogance is just too much for her to consistently use the phasing or it is blatantly out-of-character, ergo, inapplicable.

I'm not sure about the john instance, that very well could work, but as for phasing being in character/out of character, phasing is actually her races's natural state as seen in Annihilation: Heralds of Galactus 1. I'm pretty sure it being her natural state should invalidate that it is out of character especially since Stardust has 17 appearances, some of which she did nothing in. At the very least, phasing for her is more consistent then draining for Hal. Anyway, my bad about the phasing there were a few others instances I thought he did it, but the stuff just bounced off.

Still an option tho. As for storm's lightning, let's talk about that(ignoring the fact that Heralds were nerfed to like mid tiers in that story). After being hit with her lightning, Stardust like instantly reconstituted

Fantastic Four 546

Now that I've gotten through her phasing, there's actually putting her down. I won't argue blunt constructs, her blunt force durability is admittedly highly impressive and Hal's attacks aren't putting her down in any reasonable period of time. Regardless he has the options of restraining her for the incapacitation

While phasing/energy absorption isn't super in character for Stardust, I think we can both agree she would do it instead of being trapped in a bubble. As for energy absorption, it happened when she absorbed the rest of her race in Annihilation: Heralds of Galactus 1.

or taking her down with energy blasts

I don't really see this either. Along with tanking planetary level energy multiple times, she has a crazy feat in Annihilation 3 where she held off Galactus's planetary(at least) energy blast for a prolonged period of time, admittedly with help from Red Shift. Since it's from Galactus I think it's damn more powerful then planetary tho.

Admittedly, Stardust doesn't fully stack up strength wise, but with energy blasts she can definitely at least hurt Hal imo. In Stormbreaker 3 she was firing an energy blast against Bill that dwarfed the planets behind them, but when Bill absorbed it and redirected it back through her(which she tanked), the energy feeding off the blast was dwarfing planets in the foreground, meaning it was bigger then them

So I think that at the very least, Hal would have serious problems putting Stardust down, especially when coupled with her regeneration.

Fair enough on Hal resisting the bullrush, but combined with energy attacks, I think it'll wear him down

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'd side with Hal on this one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c443c2a6994d
deactivated-5c443c2a6994d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg:

Oh come on man, Pre-Crisis scans? Even if it was retconned to be post-crisis we all know how much of a mess the pre-crisis characters were with consistency and powers. Plus the way it happened in the post crisis era could've been completely different then how it happened pre-crisis.

......And what's the point? The Pre-Crisis character's consistency objectively does not matter here, it was retconned to be Post-Crisis, the feat is Post-Crisis, why does Pre-Crisis inconsistency matter to Post-Crisis (?), there is nothing wrong with the feat, I ask you again why even if it was retconned to be Post-Crisis, to have objectively unequivocally happened in the Post-Crisis verse, why do inconsistencies from a previous multiverse/era matter from an in-universe standpoint? On the way it happened, aside from the fact there is no reason to believe the event changed in it's entirety when there has been absolutely nothing to suggest that, Justice League Of America Vol. 2 #5 has Amazo remember the events of Brave and The Bold Vol. 1 #30 and we see those events that previously happened, it's literally the exact same sequences, there I highlighted them in blue:

No Caption Provided

I'm not sure about the john instance, that very well could work,

I just went through the Cosmic Odyssey series, it's #2 and here are the scans. J'onn didn't explicitly attempt to phase out of the construct on-panel, but at the very least based on logic, the extreme degree of the situation that actually ended up in the planet Xanshi busted and it's population killed, and how MMH was actively trying to get out of the construct John entrapped him in, as well as his reactions, it is safe to assume he tried phasing off-panel, at the very least it was implied he had no possible way to get out...

but as for phasing being in character/out of character, phasing is actually her races's natural state as seen in Annihilation: Heralds of Galactus 1.

Are you referring to them being non-corporeal lifeforms (?), because that does not necessitate having the natural state of phasing; all being non-corporeal means is that you're composed of various gases or energies, and her race are energy-beings, they are fully tangible; furthermore Stardust actually despises being from a non-corporeal race, she thinks corporeal are far superior, which might be the reason she does not use phasing much in the first place and that discredits this argument of yours a bit more...

I'm pretty sure it being her natural state should invalidate that it is out of character especially since Stardust has 17 appearances, some of which she did nothing in.

That's a bit reaching, it does not matter if it is her natural state, if she doesn't consistently use it against her opponents and lets herself get tagged, then this argument is invalid, for whatever reason (either pure arrogance or the fact that she despises it) she simply doesn't use it, I'm not sure why that would invalidate OOC...

At the very least, phasing for her is more consistent then draining for Hal.

Meh....using phasing once and letting herself get tagged several other times vs. draining three times and not draining the one other time you needed to (from what I remember at least).

As for storm's lightning, let's talk about that(ignoring the fact that Heralds were nerfed to like mid tiers in that story). After being hit with her lightning, Stardust like instantly reconstituted

It was not instantly or close to it, Storm blasts Stardust, Storm leaves, Ben lifts over the rock, Storm goes and talks to Silver Surfer, then Stardust is reforming, it's a bit hard to determine how much time that is in-universe but given all the actions I think it is far to estimate 1-2 minutes, ergo enough for Hal to win, regardless a better example to support my point would be Stormbreaker: The Saga Of Beta Ray Bill #3 wherein it is clear she needed a few minutes to reconstitute (given all the dialogue and discussion) from Bill's planet-busting onslaught or Annihilation: Heralds Of Galactus #1, here we actually see the process of her reconstitution and it is clear in this instance that the reconstitution is not instantaneous...

While phasing/energy absorption isn't super in character for Stardust, I think we can both agree she would do it instead of being trapped in a bubble. As for energy absorption, it happened when she absorbed the rest of her race in Annihilation: Heralds of Galactus 1.

And she should have phased out of Beta Ray Bill's onslaughts, Storm's lightning, and all the previously aforementioned attacks, yet she didn't, the same applies here, why would she phase out of the constructs when she did not phase when need be? On energy absorption, aside from the fact that she again didn't use it when she needed to against Human Torch and Storm's energy attacks, you would notice Stardust absorbed and channeled her race through her cosmic spear weapon, which isn't something Hal has to necessarily let Stardust have when he restrains her, actually he can use his constructs to grab and take it from her, it's not a huge obstacle especially given Green Lantern versatility.

I don't really see this either. Along with tanking planetary level energy multiple times, she has a crazy feat in Annihilation 3 where she held off Galactus's planetary(at least) energy blast for a prolonged period of time, admittedly with help from Red Shift. Since it's from Galactus I think it's damn more powerful then planetary tho.

Tanking planetary energy projection AoEs isn't anything new for Green Lanterns; fodder Lanterns along with Kilowog have outright no-sold a planetary explosion in The Green Lantern Corps #218, Hal one-shotted a group of Elite Lanterns along with John Stewart and Kilowog by the indirect effect explosion of his energy projection clash with Star Sapphire in Green Lantern Vol. 3 Annual #1, ergo this is not enough, and that's without getting into Hal's higher-tier feats against Cyborg Superman, Superboy Prime, Amazo, and Krona. Admittedly he doesn't casually generate so much force to take down these heralds and teambusters, that's why they being higher-end feats matter, it all depends on the situation and his level of willpower, but Hal can generate so much power when the need arises, it's been a fairly consistent trait of his character since Johns' and honestly damage output is his best suit far.

Galactus's blast is quantifiably planet-busting (and not any more, if you'll go by the "it's Galactus!" game to say it's more than planetary than you might as well say it's galaxy level because Galactus...as far as I'm aware Annihilus just wanted to destroy the planet and not expend any much more energy), which is decent, but Stardust held it back along with Red Shift meaning she should have taken half the force being fair here. But Hal is more then capable of generating more damage output than half-planet busting, in fact I'd go so far as to say he has even more impressive feats than flat out planet busting. Just so we're clear, like I've just said, Hal's blasts are circumstantial. I don't expect him to go around throwing "LOLOL planet-busting+ blasts GG no re" that'd be completely disingenuous of me. But the feats still speak somewhat to his lower tier blasts (which have shattered Captain Atom's forcefield and took him down, by the way), and he can generate them when in a tough spot like he's done in...the majority of instances when he was in a tough spot.

Admittedly, Stardust doesn't fully stack up strength wise, but with energy blasts she can definitely at least hurt Hal imo. In Stormbreaker 3 she was firing an energy blast against Bill that dwarfed the planets behind them, but when Bill absorbed it and redirected it back through her(which she tanked), the energy feeding off the blast was dwarfing planets in the foreground, meaning it was bigger then them

Does that energy blast just have a lot of range to it or is it actually pretty powerful? More curious than argument here. Regardless, I'll just show you Hal's energy-durability showings now, energy durability is easily his best durability and for good reason:

Action Comics #627; Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #20: The Green Lantern Corps #218

One-Two: A surprise/unexpected quantum bolt blast from Captain Atom "cranked way up" ergo it is much more powerful than his usual blasts, is still casually tanked and ultimately shrugged off by Hal with no visible damage, and again, this is far more powerful than his usual energy blasts. Three-Five: The Green Lantern Corps fails to take down some Prism beasts, so they, along with the Sinestro Corps, amp Mogo with hundreds of power rings. Hal's job is to lure the Prism Beasts there, forcing him to take the blast, which he did, in fact he tanked it and shrugged it of. Mogo alone is stupidly powerful to say the least, with hundreds of power rings amping him including top-tier Lanterns like John Stewart and Kyle Rayner, he should have solid planetary+ level projections at the very least, probably more, yet Hal just shrugs it off. Six-Seven: Some fodder Lanterns casually no-sell a planetary explosion, going unfazed. Logically Hal should be far more durable than these, and yet they no sell planetary level energy attacks, so planetary+ level blasts should be casually tanked by a far more Lantern like Hal.

I don't think Hal will have any problems with Stardust's energy projection. I think Stardust is capable of defeating characters like Thor and Superman quite comfortably, but I'd argue the same for Hal, and Hal sort-of counters her (restraining constructs, energy projection vs. her energy durability which is lower than her blunt force, energy durability vs. her main form of attack energy attacks, Green Lantern versatility vs. energy absorption and bullrushes). He should win this handily.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb52f8f25413
deactivated-5bb52f8f25413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hal

Avatar image for the_happy_wendingo
The_Happy_Wendingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hals high tier feats dwarfss the best of Stardust.