• 56 results
#1 Posted by King Saturn (223798 posts) - - Show Bio

Can the Green Lantern Hal Jordan defeat Classic Thor ?

#2 Posted by lordraiden (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

King Saturn says:

"Can the Green Lantern Hal Jordan defeat Classic Thor ?"

very unlikely, i'd say! jordan's good and all with his lantern ring, but thor's powers and mjorlnir alone dwarf a lanterns power! he is the GOD of thunder, after all! he all, and has a vast array of powers! jordan would give him a bit of a tussel, but thor's just too much for jordan to win or do anything on his own! a better question would be how many GL's would it take to take down classic thor?

for the win!

#3 Posted by White Phantom (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern's ring can do anything he wills it to do. Their power is near unmatched. I'm going with GL, though it would be a close fight.

#4 Posted by lordraiden (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

White Phantom says:

"Green Lantern's ring can do **anything** he wills it to do. Their power is near unmatched. I'm going with GL, though it would be a close fight."

I'm gonna have to beg to differ! there power is not even close to being matched, Thor holds much more power than a lantern! Willpower alone does not equal a god!

#5 Posted by White Phantom (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"White Phantom says:
"Green Lantern's ring can do **anything** he wills it to do. Their power is near unmatched. I'm going with GL, though it would be a close fight."

I'm gonna have to beg to differ! there power is not even close to being matched, Thor holds much more power than a lantern! Willpower alone does not equal a god!"

Just saying that GL has a vast amount of power at his disposal. It'd be very close, but I'm sticking with GL. His power is too versatile.

#6 Posted by lordraiden (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

White Phantom says:

"lordraiden says:
"White Phantom says:
I'm gonna have to beg to differ! there power is not even close to being matched, Thor holds much more power than a lantern! Willpower alone does not equal a god!"
Just saying that GL has a vast amount of power at his disposal. It'd be very close, but I'm sticking with GL. His power is too versatile. "

that's cool! but if ya wanna check out versatility:

Thor's powers and abilities:

Thor is a superb hand-to-hand combatant and has mastered a number of weapons such as the war hammer, sword, and mace. He is also very cunning and intuitive in battle, with many centuries of experience. Thor possesses two items that assist him in combat: the Belt of Strength, and his mystical hammer Mjolnir. The former item doubles his strength,[25] while the second is used for flight; weather control; energy projection and absorption; dimensional apertures; matter manipulation, as well as the most powerful of his offensives: the God Blast,[26] and the Anti-Force. [27]

After his resurrection, Thor has accepted his heritage as a child of the Elder Goddess Gaea, and has demonstrated the ability to create country-spanning chasms in the Earth itself. [28]

After Odin's death, Thor inherited his father's power, the Odinforce. Thor was then capable of feats such as reconstructing the Earth's Moon,[29] willing the Asgardian monster Mangog into nothingness [30] and by focusing his entire power into a hammer throw even decapitated a Desak-occupied Destroyer.[31] Thor later briefly acquired mastery of the Runes, and a level of enlightenment that allowed him to free Asgard from the eternal cycle of Ragnarok, becoming even more powerful than his father.[

basically, mjorlnir>GL ring! take of hals ring, and you just have hal, take away mjorlnir, and you still have thor, god of thunder!

Winner: Thor, god of thunder!

but don't let me take away your passion for GL, cause he's one of my faves too! I just don't think he's in thor's level of abilities and strengths!

#7 Posted by White Phantom (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

This is normal Thor though, and I said it'd be a very close fight. I just think Thor's powers revolve too much around might, while GL's, even if they don't match up in might, make up in other areas that Thor lacks.

#8 Posted by lordraiden (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

White Phantom says:

"This is normal Thor though, and I said it'd be a very close fight. I just think Thor's powers revolve too much around might, while GL's, even if they don't match up in might, make up in other areas that Thor lacks."

that's just poor writing/writers who portray thor as a brick and nothing more than muscle! and it's irrelivent if it's normal or odinforce, any thor can take a GL! Heck, 50 GL's couldn't even stop prime!

#9 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"White Phantom says:
"This is normal Thor though, and I said it'd be a very close fight. I just think Thor's powers revolve too much around might, while GL's, even if they don't match up in might, make up in other areas that Thor lacks."

that's just poor writing/writers who portray thor as a brick and nothing more than muscle! and it's irrelivent if it's normal or odinforce, any thor can take a GL! Heck, 50 GL's couldn't even stop prime!"

You do know that any mediocre GL can make shields and explosions that can withstand Supernovas, right?

#10 Posted by White Phantom (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally, someone who realizes Thor can't beat everyone. And I never saw him do that, but I have no doubt he could

#11 Posted by lordraiden (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"lordraiden says:
"White Phantom says:
that's just poor writing/writers who portray thor as a brick and nothing more than muscle! and it's irrelivent if it's normal or odinforce, any thor can take a GL! Heck, 50 GL's couldn't even stop prime!"
You do know that any mediocre GL can make shields and explosions that can withstand Supernovas, right?"

yeah, I do! and like i said, I love the GL corpse! just like everyone else though, they have there limitations, depending on who they fight! and I personally can't see just one GL taking out thor! just my two cents worth!

#12 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

this battle has been done before and Jordan won. Hal Jordan is one of the best green lanterns and since Kyle knows how to split atoms to make nuclear explosions im sure Hal does. don't think even a God can survive an unknown amount of nuclear explosions happening at point blank.

#13 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol classic thor is above the gl here if you look at it this way classic thor could break open the dom of a 20,000ft celestial armor thats pretty damn strong blasts classic thor with his hammer saved about 1/5 of the marvel universe when he absorbed something into his hammer some energy then he used it to repower a sun he can pretty much absorb all of the gls attack and return into higher also a gl wouldn't expect 15,000,000 volts coming down on his or wouldn't be able to dode it in time lol. Classic thor has the advantage here ultimate thor on the other hand he probably almost lose or just would lose.

#14 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Sparda says:
"lordraiden says:
"White Phantom says:
You do know that any mediocre GL can make shields and explosions that can withstand Supernovas, right?"

yeah, I do! and like i said, I love the GL corpse! just like everyone else though, they have there limitations, depending on who they fight! and I personally can't see just one GL taking out thor! just my two cents worth!"

But this isn't just one GL. This is the best GL. He can probably move faster than Thor, he's beaten up Superman, he has huge power. If he can imagine it, he could probably do it. He could very well make a shield around Thor, and Thor couldn't move or get out of it-these things can take lots of punishment, likely more than Thor can give out quick enough. Then Hal makes a Nuke go off inside of the shield, and Thor is KO'd-he simply can't take that much. He's been knocked out by Hulk's punches and such, and while Hulk is darn strong, a few of his punches can't match the force of a nuclear explosion going off beside your face.

#15 Posted by lordraiden (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"this battle has been done before and Jordan won. Hal Jordan is one of the best green lanterns and since Kyle knows how to split atoms to make nuclear explosions im sure Hal does. don't think even a God can survive an unknown amount of nuclear explosions happening at point blank. "

yeah, he can, and has! and again, what the hell makes anyone think in a battle, especially against someone like Thor, Kyle or Jordan's gonna just freely stand there with all the time in the world and whip up a nuclear explosion and thor's just gonna stand there and let them and take it like a bitch in heat! again, have a think about these battles! we know that alot of these superheroes have these amazing powers, but in battle scenerios, it takes some tact to win a fight! and again, anything a GL can do, thor can do and then sum! it goes both ways, it's the same as someone comming in and saying thor can just teleport them away or do this or do that! battles are not won in one move!

#16 Posted by White Phantom (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"lordraiden says:
"Sparda says:
"lordraiden says:
"White Phantom says:

yeah, I do! and like i said, I love the GL corpse! just like everyone else though, they have there limitations, depending on who they fight! and I personally can't see just one GL taking out thor! just my two cents worth!"

But this isn't just one GL. This is the best GL. He can probably move faster than Thor, he's beaten up Superman, he has huge power. If he can imagine it, he could probably do it. He could very well make a shield around Thor, and Thor couldn't move or get out of it-these things can take lots of punishment, likely more than Thor can give out quick enough. Then Hal makes a Nuke go off inside of the shield, and Thor is KO'd-he simply can't take that much. He's been knocked out by Hulk's punches and such, and while Hulk is darn strong, a few of his punches can't match the force of a nuclear explosion going off beside your face."

Exactly what I've been trying to say, anything he imagines, he can make happen.

#17 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

King Saturn says:

yes, easily...

M

#18 Posted by White Phantom (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"King Saturn says:

yes, easily...

M"

another ally!

#19 Posted by lordraiden (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

ps, and just because this battle was done before, and you say jordan won, that doesn't cement it in stone and make it so forever! there will always be 101 scenerios for either character to come out on top! I will concede enough to say that yeah, GL does have the potential to do some damage and even win! but doesn't mean that he always will, if much at all! these battles are as much about discussion and learning about characters and the powersets, as much as "this battles been done, this guy won"! honestly, ya know how lame and boring that sounds! Imagination seems to be lacking here, and need to drive outside of this tunnel vision!

#20 Posted by lordraiden (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Does any body here actually realize that if thor threw his hammer lets say at the speed of thought like he spun it before when he was fighting surtur hal couldn't stop it does anybody realize that if thor threw his hammer three times the speed of light and charged it with the enrgy of thousands blazing suns like he did to surtur hal wouldn't be able to block it or stop it and would die cmon classic thor wins with ease one hammer throw game over one lighting strike game over hes smarter and stronger and faster then hal."

what more can we say?

#21 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Does any body here actually realize that if thor threw his hammer lets say at the speed of thought like he spun it before when he was fighting surtur hal couldn't stop it does anybody realize that if thor threw his hammer three times the speed of light and charged it with the enrgy of thousands blazing suns like he did to surtur hal wouldn't be able to block it or stop it and would die cmon classic thor wins with ease one hammer throw game over one lighting strike game over hes smarter and stronger and faster then hal.

#22 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#23 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"yeah, he can, and has! and again, what the hell makes anyone think in a battle, especially against someone like Thor"

how long do you thnk it would take him to do that? so your saying EVERY THING a GL can do Thor can do and more, even Classic Thor?

have a think about the next person you try and tell off BTW.

#24 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"lordraiden says:
"Sparda says:
"lordraiden says:
"White Phantom says:
But this isn't just *one* GL. This is *the best* GL. He can probably move faster than Thor, he's beaten up Superman, he has huge power. If he can imagine it, he could probably do it. He could very well make a shield around Thor, and Thor couldn't move or get out of it-these things can take lots of punishment, likely more than Thor can give out quick enough. Then Hal makes a Nuke go off inside of the shield, and Thor is KO'd-he simply can't take that much. He's been knocked out by Hulk's punches and such, and while Hulk is darn strong, a few of his punches can't match the force of a nuclear explosion going off beside your face."

Thats where you wrong thor got hit direcalyy by a null bomb that was capable of taking out a whole planet while he was knocked out and he didn't even get a scartch so a little nuke won't do anything to him lol espically to his face if he took a null bomb hed on.

#25 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"ps, and just because this battle was done before, and you say jordan won, that doesn't cement it in stone and make it so forever! there will always be 101 scenerios for either character to come out on top! I will concede enough to say that yeah, GL does have the potential to do some damage and even win! but doesn't mean that he always will, if much at all! these battles are as much about discussion and learning about characters and the powersets, as much as "this battles been done, this guy won"! honestly, ya know how lame and boring that sounds! Imagination seems to be lacking here, and need to drive outside of this tunnel vision!"

He said that this battle had already been done because we're trying to avoid double battles. The general consensus the first time was that Hal won. So, instead of going off like that, try and understand what he's trying to say first.

#26 Posted by lordraiden (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"lordraiden says:
"yeah, he can, and has! and again, what the hell makes anyone think in a battle, especially against someone like Thor"
how long do you thnk it would take him to do that? so your saying EVERY THING a GL can do Thor can do and more, even Classic Thor? have a think about the next person you try and tell off BTW. "

Even classic thor! and not sure how why you think i'm telling anyone off! there just my opinions, thats all! there discussion boards, people, thats all! i'm pretty sure we're all free to talk and voice our opinions?

#27 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

King Saturn says:

"Sparda says:
"lordraiden says:
"ps, and just because this battle was done before, and you say jordan won, that doesn't cement it in stone and make it so forever! there will always be 101 scenerios for either character to come out on top! I will concede enough to say that yeah, GL does have the potential to do some damage and even win! but doesn't mean that he always will, if much at all! these battles are as much about discussion and learning about characters and the powersets, as much as "this battles been done, this guy won"! honestly, ya know how lame and boring that sounds! Imagination seems to be lacking here, and need to drive outside of this tunnel vision!"
He said that this battle had already been done because we're trying to avoid double battles. The general consensus the first time was that Hal won. So, instead of going off like that, try and understand what he's trying to say first."

Hey Sparda, have you been on the Marvel Boards ?"

Yes.

And you?

#28 Posted by lordraiden (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

My apologies! I honestly don't believe i was going off or trying to offend anybody! but if anyone feels I have, then i'll apologize and tone it down a little with what I say!

#29 Posted by King Saturn (223798 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"lordraiden says:
He said that this battle had already been done because we're trying to avoid double battles. The general consensus the first time was that Hal won. So, instead of going off like that, try and understand what he's trying to say first."

Hey Sparda, have you been on the Marvel Boards ?

#30 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

@raiden: LOL

Sorry, I just realized what your avatar is.

#31 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, so did I. You try and make something original and you get the mods hammering on you hard....

#32 Posted by King Saturn (223798 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"King Saturn says:
"Sparda says:
"lordraiden says:
Hey Sparda, have you been on the Marvel Boards ?"
Yes. And you?"

Yeah. I was on there and I got into a lot of trouble with my Creative Battle Threads. LOL

#33 Posted by lordraiden (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"Yeah, so did I. You try and make something original and you get the mods hammering on you hard...."

Really? are they pretty strict over there or something!

#34 Posted by lordraiden (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"King Saturn says:
" Can the Green Lantern Hal Jordan defeat Classic Thor ?"
yes, easily... M"

wow, that's a pretty big call! easily! wow! I would conceive a win for jordan, but never easily against someone like thor!

#35 Posted by King Saturn (223798 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Sparda says:
"Yeah, so did I. You try and make something original and you get the mods hammering on you hard...."
Really? are they pretty strict over there or something!"

They are very strict ! If you have any charcters outside of the comic book realm in your battles. You can expect the Mods to be on your butt quick !

#36 Posted by lordraiden (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

King Saturn says:

"lordraiden says:
"Sparda says:
They are very strict ! If you have any charcters outside of the comic book realm in your battles. You can expect the Mods to be on your butt quick !"

so do you still go there? is it worth it?

#37 Posted by lordraiden (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"@raiden: LOL Sorry, I just realized what your avatar is. "

Yeah, after akuma took out the lord of the lighting, he threw in his fighting hat and exchanged it for his pimping hat and switched proffessions! he's now king of the pimps!

#38 Posted by King Saturn (223798 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"King Saturn says:
"lordraiden says:
"Sparda says:
They are very strict ! If you have any charcters outside of the comic book realm in your battles. You can expect the Mods to be on your butt quick !"
so do you still go there? is it worth it?"
Not Much. Not only are they very strict on the Marvel Boards they are very biased with the characters. You could have Hulk against Superman and Supergirl and they would be poating about how tough a fight it would be for Superman and Supergirl to win.
Post Edited:2007-12-27 12:49:28
#39 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

All in all, Marvel was a good site, this place is better.

Akuma the pimp......lol....

#40 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"All in all, Marvel was a good site, this place is better. Akuma the pimp......lol...."

Hey SPARDA!!!!!

#41 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Resonate says:

"Sparda says:
"All in all, Marvel was a good site, this place is better. Akuma the pimp......lol...."

Hey SPARDA!!!!!"

Whoa RESONATE!!!!!

#42 Posted by King Saturn (223798 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

Okay I can agree with that. Just stay out of the Battles Forum there !

#43 Posted by Fantasma Ghost (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"zee crusher says:
"Does any body here actually realize that if thor threw his hammer lets say at the speed of thought like he spun it before when he was fighting surtur hal couldn't stop it does anybody realize that if thor threw his hammer three times the speed of light and charged it with the enrgy of thousands blazing suns like he did to surtur hal wouldn't be able to block it or stop it and would die cmon classic thor wins with ease one hammer throw game over one lighting strike game over hes smarter and stronger and faster then hal."

what more can we say?"

I am a fan of Hal Jordan, he is the greatest Green Lantern ever, the man without fear, but guys to say he defeats Thor, is to me too much. Thor has defeated Galactus, Ego the Living Planet, The Elders of the Universe, Thanos, Surtur and fought the Celestials to win their respect, the Celestials themselves spoke to him in person. The list goes on and on, and even I don't think his willpower is greater than Thor's, it must be hard hearing that from a guy that his powers come from his will, but if you read into Thor you will know why. The son of Odin, a warrior born is just in a level higher than Hal, period. And I know Mjolnir is more powerful than a normal Green Lantern ring. Even the Celestials themselves respect Mjolnir. Hal can give Thor a good fight, but is a fight he cannot win.

#44 Posted by lordraiden (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantasma Ghost says:

"lordraiden says:
"zee crusher says:
what more can we say?"
I am a fan of Hal Jordan, he is the greatest Green Lantern ever, the man without fear, but guys to say he defeats Thor, is to me too much. Thor has defeated Galactus, Ego the Living Planet, The Elders of the Universe, Thanos, Surtur and fought the Celestials to win their respect, the Celestials themselves spoke to him in person. The list goes on and on, and even I don't think his willpower is greater than Thor's, it must be hard hearing that from a guy that his powers come from his will, but if you read into Thor you will know why. The son of Odin, a warrior born is just in a level higher than Hal, period. And I know Mjolnir is more powerful than a normal Green Lantern ring. Even the Celestials themselves respect Mjolnir. Hal can give Thor a good fight, but is a fight he cannot win."

Thats all i'm trying to say: respect to the thundergod!

#45 Posted by Fantasma Ghost (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Fantasma Ghost says:
"lordraiden says:
"zee crusher says:
what more can we say?"
I am a fan of Hal Jordan, he is the greatest Green Lantern ever, the man without fear, but guys to say he defeats Thor, is to me too much. Thor has defeated Galactus, Ego the Living Planet, The Elders of the Universe, Thanos, Surtur and fought the Celestials to win their respect, the Celestials themselves spoke to him in person. The list goes on and on, and even I don't think his willpower is greater than Thor's, it must be hard hearing that from a guy that his powers come from his will, but if you read into Thor you will know why. The son of Odin, a warrior born is just in a level higher than Hal, period. And I know Mjolnir is more powerful than a normal Green Lantern ring. Even the Celestials themselves respect Mjolnir. Hal can give Thor a good fight, but is a fight he cannot win."

Thats all i'm trying to say: respect to the thundergod!"

Cool avatar bro!

#46 Posted by lordraiden (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantasma Ghost says:

"lordraiden says:
"Fantasma Ghost says:
"lordraiden says:
"zee crusher says:
what more can we say?"
Thats all i'm trying to say: respect to the thundergod!"
Cool avatar bro!"

Cheers, FG!

#47 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"this battle has been done before and Jordan won. Hal Jordan is one of the best green lanterns and since Kyle knows how to split atoms to make nuclear explosions im sure Hal does. don't think even a God can survive an unknown amount of nuclear explosions happening at point blank. "
Um I believe when I made this thread a long time ago and I believe we all agree'd that classic thor would beat hal. I mean just because they can spilt a molecule doesn't mean they would (Unless there evil).
Post Edited:2007-12-27 23:32:23
#48 Posted by lordraiden (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

Copy says:

"acewasp23 says:
Um I believe when I made this thread a long time ago and I believe we all agree'd that classic thor would beat hal. I mean just because they can spilt a molecule doesn't mean they would (Unless there evil).
Post Edited:2007-12-27 23:32:23"

Yeah, that's my point! scenes like this will come along and all of a sudden, it means they can take gods and the likes out! surfer can do so many abstract things, and thor's pretty much owned him in most of there encounters! i'm not saying it's inconceivable a lantern can't give thor a run for his money and win a few, but I believe the majority goes to thor! someone posted that a lantern could do anything there will alows them too, so what does that mean? if jordan willed it, he could erase the spectre or superman out of existance? I know hals will power is good and one of the strongest, but again, will power alone isn't always going to give you the win, especially against heavy hitters and gods!

#49 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

i say thor

#50 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"i say thor"

Thank you Appy.