Hal Jordan (Paralax) vs. Kyle Rayner (Ion)

ignacius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

A friend asked me who would win...

Hal Jordan who is possessed by Paralax against, Kyle Rayner with the power of Ion.

This battle is to the death. Only one walks away with there life.

Both are at there strongest, rings fully charged and they are both aware of each other.

This battle takes place in the upper atmosphere of Earth, but neither will destroy the Earth to win the battle even by accident.

So... Who walks or fly's away from this fight?

ignacius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I think it's Hal who wins, and I say this because of his experience with the Lantern power for they both are strong in imagination.

Also I forgot to mention that there is no prep time

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Vaeternus

I think id go with ion here

ignacius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5 JediXMan  Moderator

Ion had more control over his powers than Parallax did. Ion should be more powerful, as far as entities go. I'd also say that Kyle was better as Ion than Hal was as Parallax.

I rather like this scan:

No Caption Provided

He even says that he can stop Hal from ever becoming Parallax.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Also, two things:

1. It's spelled Parallax, not Paralax.
  2. This has been done before.
sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this is classic ZH Parallax, then Hal should take it.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ignacius: well jedis scan is a prime example but also classic ion was ridiculous, reshaped the universe at one point if im not mistaken

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dondave

I'd take Parallax over Ion. Ion couldn't hurt Sinestro and Sinestro by himself was able to rip Ion out of Kyle's body.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@sync1 said:

It should be, although they have exact same power-source, Kyle for some reason had better understanding of the power but sadly he never used it to do anything impressive, Hal has impressive feats though.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sync1 said:

It should be, although they have exact same power-source, Kyle for some reason had better understanding of the power but sadly he never used it to do anything impressive, Hal has impressive feats though.

Heck yeah he had better feats. IIRC, he solo'd pretty much everyone and everything.

ignacius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ignacius

Hmmmm, I was not aware that it was done before... I even did a search. But that is an arguement that im unable to combat. But it still seems that Parallax's control of fear and the yellow power would remove any hyper bonus' s that having ion would give rayner... and rayner may have the ability to stop Parallax from taking control of Hal, but during a fight im not so sure

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ignacius: well jedis scan is a prime example but also classic ion was ridiculous, reshaped the universe at one point if im not mistaken

Hal did the exact same thing, i think. Been a while.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he did i cant recall, we.know kyle/ion could though.feel free to post a scan though, been a while for.me as well

ignacius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaeternus: I read the cv wiki and Parallax does infact rewrite the universe. So with that little ability out, as they would both be trying to unmake each other lol. I guess its all coming down to the amount of skill they have.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he did i cant recall, we.know kyle/ion could though.feel free to post a scan though, been a while for.me as well

No Caption Provided

I think this was it.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sync1: @ignacius: cool, thanks. In that case since both did such, i will prob have to say stalemate imo.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sync1: @ignacius: cool, thanks. In that case since both did such, i will prob have to say stalemate imo.

Its not about both doing it, it was the fact that Ion has better control which is the point Jedi is trying to make. What Hal did, was erases entire time-line , with various future universes erased, all of this so he can bring back Cost City that was destroyed by Cyborg Superman. Feat wise Hal has done more.

The point was, in Green Lantern Vol 3 # 150, this is what Kyle says to Hal Jordan as Spectre (same scan Jedi posted)

No Caption Provided

"I can change what's happened without altering everything that will be"

Which in Hal's case he actually re-created the whole universe and entire time line, presumably because he couldnt undo it without side effect

No Caption Provided

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea I'm going with Hal based on feats, I've heard this battle over and over again and a lot of people say ion, but he didn't have better feats than lax Hal

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Vaeternus

@killemall: not having control doesnt translate to having more power, like you said kyle had more control and thus wouldnt be compromised by the power as weve seen with hals case, but my point is both are clearly capable of messing with the universe so i will still go with stalemate.

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Equonox

Parallax had vastly better feats.

Also this:

@dondave said:

I'd take Parallax over Ion. Ion couldn't hurt Sinestro and Sinestro by himself was able to rip Ion out of Kyle's body.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Killemall

@vaeternus: Thats ok, i wasnt trying to change your view just clarifying what Jedi said. Their power sorce is exactly the same, there should be no difference in power level of the 2.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@equonox said:

Also this:

@dondave said:

Hand of God story arc as nothing to do with Ion entity as seen during Sinestro Corps Wars, 2 different power level mate. Kyle, the one in the battle (white costume) his power source is COIE AM power + Green Lantern Central battery, not the Ion entity.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@equonox said:

Also this:

@dondave said:

Hand of God story arc as nothing to do with Ion entity as seen during Sinestro Corps Wars, 2 different power level mate. Kyle, the one in the battle (white costume) his power source is COIE AM power + Green Lantern Central battery, not the Ion entity.

It's Ion in the OP though

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By slimj87d

@dondave said:

@killemall said:

@equonox said:

Also this:

@dondave said:

but it's Ion at FULL power.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: thats fine dude I admit its been a while since ive read gl, just too many stories to follow lol. Thats why I Feel that way.

;-)

Curious do you read every comic cause you seem to follow a lot and what do you prefer more, dc or marvel or both and are you from uk or australia cause you say mate. Lol sorry for the Questions, you dont have to answer if you dont want. Just curious.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

@dondave said:

@killemall said:

@equonox said:

Also this:

@dondave said:

Yes but the feat in question is when he had powers that weren't from Ion

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By slimj87d

@dondave said:

@slimj87d said:

@dondave said:

@killemall said:

@equonox said:

Also this:

@dondave said:

Lets just go with the census and waste time on debating technicalities. Everyone is debating the Ion KillEmAll is talking about, even the OP.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By dondave

@slimj87d said:

@dondave said:

@slimj87d said:

@dondave said:

@killemall said:

@equonox said:

Also this:

@dondave said:

Lets just go with the census and waste time on debating technicalities. Everyone is debating the Ion KillEmAll is talking about, even the OP.

The OP simply said that Kyle had Ion, he didn't mention any of the other amps he had during Hand of God

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@slimj87d said:

@dondave said:

@slimj87d said:

@dondave said:

@killemall said:

@equonox said:

Also this:

@dondave said:

The OP simply said that Kyle had Ion, he didn't mention any of the other amps he had during Hand of God

Again, I think it's clear we all know which Ion we're using here. If there is still confusion, maybe you can clear it up over PM with the OP?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Probably Parallax, though it wouldn't be easy.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000 said:

Probably Parallax, though it wouldn't be easy.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Killemall

@dondave said:

He was called Ion during Hand of God Story arc as well, just like Hal Jordan was called Parallax, and to be honest his power has nothing to do with Parallax entity either.

The scan here is from Green Lantern Volume 3, 45

No Caption Provided

"I am the Ion"

Thats what he calls him, notice how his costume is white as opposed to star spangled, or a big glowing green lantern symbol in it, because it was different Ion.

I would personally still back Ion in the thread, because despite Parallax having significant feat, and Ion well having very few it was made pretty clear he was mean to be more than Parallax or Oblivion (that dude nearly destroyed the universe)

No Caption Provided

As you can see on the scan the intention was always to make Ion more powerful, i am just honoring the intention despite the lack of feat.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: thats fine dude I admit its been a while since ive read gl, just too many stories to follow lol. Thats why I Feel that way.

;-)

Curious do you read every comic cause you seem to follow a lot and what do you prefer more, dc or marvel or both and are you from uk or australia cause you say mate. Lol sorry for the Questions, you dont have to answer if you dont want. Just curious.

Haha surprised with the last part, mate i spend hours every week reading comics, you really think i would have anything better to do then answer your question :p

I dont read every comics, in fact i dont read anything with street levels. I have always loved GL comics and have read virtually every GL comics post crisis. I like cosmic people, rather than earth based character and hence why i find GL more interesting than i do say Superman, just personal preference.

I have actually read Marvel significantly more than i have read any other comics, and apart from Green Lantern i am not as well versed with DC characters. If i had to pick one among Marvel or DC i would pick Marvel, not because they produce more quality stories , because honestly they dont, but because i am more familiar with character from marvel and thats the comics i started with.

heroesgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Hmm, I think Parallax wins because of feats, but Ion seems to be pretty powerful, but seeing the lack of feats I gotta go with Parallax.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Vaeternus

@killemall: oh cool lol was just curious, im the polar opposite. I prefer dc due to the darker tone of stories and ama huge fan of the jl and vertigo stories over marvel, just my preference but i do like wolverine and carnage. Lol. Gl i read blackest ight and some gl corps but just too many stories to follow lol so now i read mostly jl stuff, superman Batman, earth 2 btw have you read earth two alan scott?

ignacius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok since I have managed to confuse a lot of ppl, because of my lack of reading the different story lines... I have decided to leave out all extra powers except for whats on their hands, there rings... anything more and it just gets out of hand.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Parallax still has better feats

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaeternus: I do , i have read most of Alan appearence outside JSA. I however am a bigger fan of his daughter Jade.

eisjfiejss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By eisjfiejss

@equonox said:

Parallax had vastly better feats.

Also this:

@dondave said:

It is clear that Ion was in fact more powerful than Parallax, even with Parallax's feats. In order to erase the coast city incident from history, Parallax had to destroy the entire timestream and then recreate it. He couldn't just rewrite it. That was the point of Zero Hour. Ion, on the other hand could erase the coast city tragedy by simply warping the timestream. In other words, he could think and the incident is gone from history.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I am guessing you guys are comparing HOG ION Kyle i am going with him .

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: right, in the new 52 as im sure you shes non existent at least right now

ignacius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ignacius

@vaeternus: I do , i have read most of Alan appearence outside JSA. I however am a bigger fan of his daughter Jade.

lol who isn't

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Parallax after a hell of a fight.