#1 Posted by The Stegman (22722 posts) - - Show Bio

Rules:

-For this match, let's say both machines are the same size

-Fight takes place in Toyko, Fighters start off 300 Feet Away from one another

-The Eva has no AT Field for this fight

-Gypsy's pilots are Raleigh and Mako

-Unit 01's pilot is Shinji ikari

-Standard weapons for Gypsy (whatever was shown in the film)

-Unit 01 has:

-1 Pallet Gun

-1 Handgun

-1 Progressive Knife

Eva is unplugged, but has NO time limit on battery

Who wins??

#2 Posted by Chibi_cute (4386 posts) - - Show Bio

My bet is on gipsy without the at. field eva is toast.

#3 Posted by The Stegman (22722 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else?

#4 Posted by potter1000 (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Without AT Field, I can see Gypsy winning, the only way Unit 01 has a chance is if it's berserk.

#5 Edited by theONEtaichou (1502 posts) - - Show Bio

I so want to comment but alas movie has not come out in my country (and I don't want a bootleg)...

but fro what I have seen in youtube, and previews etc I would bet my money on Unit 01. But obviously this is a dumb bet since I haven't watched Pacific Rim...

good day

#6 Posted by ZeroMagnio (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I would bet on unit-01. the Eva's have agility and flexibility thus, dishing out well-placed knockout moves in gypsy danger, quickly disabling its arms,legs, or the head entirely

#7 Posted by DunDunDunDunDun (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Eva 01, definitely.

#8 Edited by Fallschirmjager (14687 posts) - - Show Bio

EVA wrecks. Way faster and more agile and just as strong.

Plus given Shinji's habit of going berserk it's pretty much game over with healing and whatnot.

EVA's also weight significantly more than Jaegers do. I believe they weight something like 12-15,000 tons. Twice the weight of Jaegers iirc. And that's without altering their heights.

#9 Posted by FlashGreaterSignEveryone (780 posts) - - Show Bio

EVA wrecks. Way faster and more agile and just as strong.

Plus given Shinji's habit of going berserk it's pretty much game over with healing and whatnot.

this but without berserk, i think he will lose. taking out the AT field is like removing the arms for a jaegar. the reason for an Eva is to have an AT so it can fight angles(who stomp any kaijuu out there)

#10 Posted by Fallschirmjager (14687 posts) - - Show Bio

@flashgreatersigneveryone: Uh...no they wouldn't. AT fields are just forcefields that protect them and Angels from everything. It has to be broken through before they can start attacking each other

They're still robots without it. And EVAs are significantly more agile.

They're just as durable if not moreso having tanked nuclear explosions as well as 3000* degrees Celsius Magma pits.

EVA unit 01 has also broken the sound barrier on land.

I see no advantages for Gypsy. Plasma cannon is nothing to an EVA. Unit 01 takes about a dozen of those attacks (and that's probably lowballing Sacheil) to the face in the first episode before its head plate is broken open.

#11 Posted by FlashGreaterSignEveryone (780 posts) - - Show Bio

@flashgreatersigneveryone: Uh...no they wouldn't. AT fields are just forcefields that protect them and Angels from everything. It has to be broken through before they can start attacking each other

They're still robots without it. And EVAs are significantly more agile.

They're just as durable if not moreso having tanked nuclear explosions as well as 3000* degrees Celsius Magma pits.

EVA unit 01 has also broken the sound barrier on land.

I see no advantages for Gypsy. Plasma cannon is nothing to an EVA. Unit 01 takes about a dozen of those attacks (and that's probably lowballing Sacheil) to the face in the first episode before its head plate is broken open.

please don't try to correct me on evangelion facts... an At field isn't just a force field it's WAY more than that. and Evas aren't robots... they are man made angels... and angles are living things... and yes they will solo any kaijuu i also agreed that unit 01 will win.

most importantl... don't try and correct me about evangelion.

#12 Posted by Fallschirmjager (14687 posts) - - Show Bio

@flashgreatersigneveryone: No need to get touchy. But disturbing the specifics of AT fields or the term "robot" is pointless as far as this fight is concerned.

#13 Posted by FlashGreaterSignEveryone (780 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: misuse of terms can make an argument invalid, as well as making false statements.

#14 Posted by Fallschirmjager (14687 posts) - - Show Bio

@flashgreatersigneveryone: Nothing I said invalided anything. Calling an EVA a robot or a man-made angel changes nothing about the fight.

#15 Posted by FlashGreaterSignEveryone (780 posts) - - Show Bio

@flashgreatersigneveryone: Nothing I said invalided anything. Calling an EVA a robot or a man-made angel changes nothing about the fight.

i never said it changed anything about the fight, and you called an Eva a robot. it isn't. you also said an At field is just a shield. which it isn't.

#16 Edited by Fallschirmjager (14687 posts) - - Show Bio

@flashgreatersigneveryone: Its a mecha, who cares?

And 99% of the time the AT field is used in such fashion. I know it can be used offensively but its also not even present in this fight.

So again, this is all pointless arguing.

#17 Edited by scorpion2501 (4940 posts) - - Show Bio

Eva unit 01 takes this.

#18 Posted by Silverrings (1844 posts) - - Show Bio

Eva is physically superior to Gypsy Danger, far faster, more agile, stronger, more durable, and has more advanced weapons. It'd be a decent fight, at the same size, but Eva definitely wins this.

#19 Posted by FlashGreaterSignEveryone (780 posts) - - Show Bio

@flashgreatersigneveryone: Its a mecha, who cares?

And 99% of the time the AT field is used in such fashion. I know it can be used offensively but its also not even present in this fight.

So again, this is all pointless arguing.

mecha:(noun) Mecha is a science fiction genre that centers around GIANT ROBOTS OR MACHINES controlled by people from inside. These machines vary greatly in size, shape and appearance. Evas aren't machines... secondly who said we were arguing? i am just correcting you for future endeavors (sources from google search)