#1 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

No Gundam Fans who seen Pacific Rim?

#4 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

Again, you pick the wrong types of mechs to face off against one another. Gipsy Danger wasn't designed for ranged engagements and would not stand a chance against multiple beam weapon armed Gundams.

#5 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Again, you pick the wrong types of mechs to face off against one another. Gipsy Danger wasn't designed for ranged engagements and would not stand a chance against multiple beam weapon armed Gundams.

I like Military oriented stuff. Guess Jaegers are not tactical.

#6 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

Jaegers wouldn't do well against our own military what makes you think that they could take on Gundams?

#7 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Jaegers wouldn't do well against our own military what makes you think that they could take on Gundams?

The speed of their running, Plasma Cannons, and extreme durability to tank a underwater Nuke.

#8 Posted by Dratini1331 (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

As already said, Jaegers really can't deal with beam cannons. I also doubt they wouldn't get cut by the beam sabers, though they could take a couple hits. I wanna say Gundams for those reasons, and that they have limited flight.

#9 Edited by Straynger (229 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a pretty lopsided battle in favor of the Gundams.

With that said and some tactics, GD could try to get under water and ambush a suit. GD could manhandle any of them and use it as a shield after ripping its arms off. The other two wouldn't fire on GD for fear of killing their own team mate. GD could try to close in using that tactic and whittle them down.

This would all depend on water depth and/or a good hiding spot.

#10 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

They run fairly slowly, it just looks fast because everything else around them is slow moving at that size.

Plasma Cannons would have extremely limited range in our atmosphere and judging by its fight it only has maybe 10-16 shots before it is empty.

It tanked the outskirts of a 1.2 megaton nuke underwater. We have nukes today that make that one look like a child's toy.

#11 Edited by Chibi_cute (4587 posts) - - Show Bio

8th mobile team takes this. gipsy danger doesn't have long range weaponry compared to the mobile suits with beam cannons that will melt gipsy's armor like butter. not to mention they are more agile and maneuverable.

Even a phantom zaku with legit pilot would give gipsy a hard time or could somewhat defeat it.

#12 Edited by Pr0metheus (5416 posts) - - Show Bio

And here i was thinking Cadence was back.

#13 Edited by ImTheBat (59 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Supersaiyan_Danger (722 posts) - - Show Bio

As already said, Jaegers really can't deal with beam cannons. I also doubt they wouldn't get cut by the beam sabers, though they could take a couple hits. I wanna say Gundams for those reasons, and that they have limited flight.

Actually Jaegars like Coyote Tango and Striker Eureka have long ranged attacks like missiles and giant machine gun bullets.

Gipsy Danger on the other hand is more of a brawling/Spare Jaegar than a long ranger. In a H2H combat scenario I'd give Gipsy the majority tbh.

#15 Edited by Pr0metheus (5416 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331 said:

Actually Jaegars like Coyote Tango and Striker Eureka have long ranged attacks like missiles and giant machine gun bullets.

Gipsy Danger on the other hand is more of a brawling/Spare Jaegar than a long ranger. In a H2H combat scenario I'd give Gipsy the majority tbh.

Is it cause you both have danger in your names?

#16 Posted by Supersaiyan_Danger (722 posts) - - Show Bio

@pr0metheus:

Actual Striker Eureka is my favorite Jaegar, I just picked Danger because it sounds better with Supersaiyan instead of Supersaiayan_Eureka, and Supersaiyan_Striker sounds like I hate DBZ.

Back to the point, Gipsy Danger is armed with a nuclear reactor capable releasing the power of a nuke, has a GD6 Chainsword able to easily cut through Kaiju with Nuke level durability, and is piloted who are expertise in the forms of martial arts.

Interesting Fact:

- Leather Back (CAT 4) and Slattern (CAT 5) both are listed as class 10 Kaiju in durability, and Slattern was able to survive a 1.4 Megaton warhead.

- By logic, Elbow rocket should hit with that amount of force since it nearly K.O'd Leatherback if we were to believe he could tank a 1.4 Megaton warhead.

#17 Edited by Chibi_cute (4587 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Edited by Shawnbaby (10868 posts) - - Show Bio

@diredrill said:

I like Military oriented stuff. Guess Jaegers are not tactical.

They are very tactical...They're just not versatile.

#19 Edited by Fallschirmjager (18728 posts) - - Show Bio

8th MS Team purely because its probably the best Gundam series ever. No silly teenaged kids with mega piloting skills...just regular people experiencing the Hell that is War.

#20 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

8th MS Team purely because its probably the best Gundam series ever. No silly teenaged kids with mega piloting skills...just regular people experiencing the Hell that is War.

HOO-RAH.

As for the battle itself, given the scenario I'd be inclined to give it to the MS Team.

#21 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@fallschirmjager said:

HOO-RAH.

As for the battle itself, given the scenario I'd be inclined to give it to the MS Team.

I loved 08th MS team best as a Mech Show.

#22 Edited by Supersaiyan_Danger (722 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibi_cute: Just wait... I'm about to blow your mind soon!

#23 Posted by Chibi_cute (4587 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Supersaiyan_Danger (722 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Chibi_cute (4587 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Supersaiyan_Danger (722 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibi_cute: The truth... Gipsy Danger and any other Jaegar hits with the force of a 300 kilo ton NUKE!

#27 Posted by Chibi_cute (4587 posts) - - Show Bio

@supersaiyan_danger: Bullshit until calculations are shown..

And then what? thats not gonna change that gipsy gets still stomped in this fight.

#28 Edited by Supersaiyan_Danger (722 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibi_cute: Look around the Vine bro!

I just made the biggest discovery proving Trespasser tanked 3 nukes before dying,the canon comic scan saying "Kinetic force as powerful as nuke", and the writer comparing a Jaegar to a nuke.

#29 Posted by Supersaiyan_Danger (722 posts) - - Show Bio

So Gipsy Nuke punches!

#30 Posted by kyrees (5823 posts) - - Show Bio

@supersaiyan_danger: nuke punch ?! god forbid gypsy actually get near enough to use that. no, gypsy wouldn't win this

#31 Posted by Supersaiyan_Danger (722 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees: It casual and I'm pretty sure these little Star Wars droids better run now.

#32 Edited by kyrees (5823 posts) - - Show Bio

@supersaiyan_danger: really now, dude, the gundams have range, maneuverability, technology and numbers. running won't be enough to save gipsy

#33 Posted by Supersaiyan_Danger (722 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees: I know, it's just now things have changed for the Jaegars. Check out in the off-topic "How many nukes killed Trespasser"

- it will clarify everything

#34 Posted by Chibi_cute (4587 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by kyrees (5823 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Edited by Chibi_cute (4587 posts) - - Show Bio

@supersaiyan_danger: just because its states kinetic force is as powerful as a nuke doesn't mean its punches are equivalent to the force and energy of a nuke..

And i guess you haven't watched any gundam series do you? to call them star wars droids.

#37 Posted by Supersaiyan_Danger (722 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibi_cute: Those places calculate based on Gipsy being a human...

But anyway, I have scans and evidence on:

"How many nukes killed Tresspasser"

- Off-topic section

#38 Posted by Chibi_cute (4587 posts) - - Show Bio

@supersaiyan_danger: nevermind that. i just wanna know of what gipsy can do to turn the tide of this battle because he cleary gets murdered here.

#39 Posted by Funsiized (3726 posts) - - Show Bio

Gundams have the advantage here.