Gym Leader Challenge: Steve Rogers vs Shang Chi (VOTES OPEN)

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

> This is a battle from Marvel's Street Level Gym!

*If you are feeling lucky and want to take your chances, you can challenge me here*

I bring to you an epic battle for the immortal Dragon badge!

No Caption Provided

The Challenger, @supremegeneration, representing:

Captain America

No Caption Provided

vs

This Gym Leader, supporting:

Shang Chi

No Caption Provided

RULES

• No prep;
  • Standard gear;
  • In character / Morals On;
  • Standard elimination rules apply (KO, incapacitation, etc)
  • Post limit: one opener, two rounds (rebuttals) and one last post for conclusions;
  • Both debaters have 60 hours (2 Days, 12 Hours) to respond to a post, before forfeiting.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@higorm Who would you like to start?

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 HigorM  Moderator
HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

@supremegeneration:

Shang Chi

> Post #1: Opening Statements

>> Bio

No Caption Provided

Shang-Chi, who's name can be interpreted as "a rising and advancing spirit" was born in Hunan province in China, son to a wealthy international crime lord named Fu Manchu and an unknown american woman genetically selected by his father. Although possessing no superpowers, Shang-Chi has a lifetime of combat training behind him and is an expert in all known forms of terrestrial martial arts, enabling him to equal and best many superhumans. He is highly revered as the "Master of Kung-Fu." Although he prefers to fight empty-handed, Shang-Chi can also formidably use any martial arts weapon and is skilled at improvising weapons out of ordinary objects in his environment. Shang-Chi is also a skilled teacher, having most famously trained Spider-Man to become a skilled martial artist and having helped him develop a unique fighting style that complemented his spider powers. Shang-Chi is a master of meditation and relaxation techniques as well, allowing him to receive psychic premonitions, limit the spread of toxins in his blood stream, and render his pain receptors insensitive.

>> Abilities

Shang's mastery of chi allows him to disperse physical trauma across his entire body (as opposed to accumulating at any single point) and strike with enough force to break through reinforced steel. On many occasions, he has also demonstrated the ability to dodge and deflect bullets from automatic weapons after they've been fired, and he is quick and agile enough to keep up with the likes of Spider-Man. While possessing no superhuman senses, Shang-Chi is highly attuned to his surroundings thanks to his training and having spent most of his life thwarting his father's assassins. He is able to pinpoint the breath sounds and heart beats of silent aggressors, as well as the distant loading of firearms by gunmen. On one occasion he was even able to detect the precise location of Jean Grey and Cyclops, cloaked by the former's psionic powers. He has also demonstrated the ability to sense small changes in the environment that would be unnoticed by most, as demonstrated during his mission in the No Zone.

Concerning pure combat skill, Shang Chi is notably more skilled than Steve Rogers. He also possess enough agility, speed and reflexes to keep up with the super soldier, and most important, possess enough endurance (withstood powerfull attacks from stronger foes) to take his blows if he manage to hit him in the first place. Shang is considered by many as being the most skilled character in the entire Marvel Universe, despite being only a completely normal human. Captain America is a really tough challenge, but at the end of the day, the master of all martial arts will prove he's able to put the soldier down. More to come in the next post.

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm:

Openers: Super Soldier

No Caption Provided

Steve Rogers was a scrawny fine arts student growing up during the Great Depression. His alcoholic father died when Steve was a child, and his mother passed away from pneumonia after he graduated high school. In early 1940, appalled at Nazi Germany’s horrific atrocities, Steve attempted to enlist in the army. Failing to pass physical requirements, he was invited to volunteer for Operation: Rebirth, a project intended to enhance US soldiers to the height of physical perfection via the inventions and discoveries of Professor Abraham Erskine. Rogers eagerly accepted and became the first test subject. After injections and ingestion of the "Super Soldier Serum," Rogers was exposed to a controlled burst of "Vita-Rays" that activated and stabilized the chemicals in his system. The process successfully altered his physiology from its frail state to the maximum of human efficiency, including greatly enhanced musculature and reflexes.

Shang-Chi's martial arts will be one of the biggest problems Cap will face in h2h. But Shang-Chi is at a distinct disadvantage in that he's only peak human. Cap's physicals could well put him in the low-metahuman range, and Shang-Chi will have to give it his all to even budge the Living Legend. Cap's durability, strength, and speed will give him the edge he needs to finish the Master of Kung Fu.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HigorM  Moderator

@supremegeneration:

Post #2 - Rebuttals

Shang-Chi's martial arts will be one of the biggest problems Cap will face in h2h. But Shang-Chi is at a distinct disadvantage in that he's only peak human. Cap's physicals could well put him in the low-metahuman range, and Shang-Chi will have to give it his all to even budge the Living Legend. Cap's durability, strength, and speed will give him the edge he needs to finish the Master of Kung Fu.

On paper, this disparity about the physical attributes is latent and obvious, however, if we make a deeper analysis, we'll see that when it comes to martial artists in general, especially Shang Chi, that gap won't be a decisive factor, at least not as much as the martial arts gap, which I shall explain next.

You can argue and bring examples to strengthen your argument, like saying for example that despite Batman being much more skilled than Deathstroke but because of the contrast in the physical department, Slade was able to trash him with relative easy. The thing is, Batman was only a peak human while the other superhuman. It may look almost the same situation here, but the difference is that Shang Chi, unlike Bruce Wayne, is able to disperse physical trauma across his entire body (as opposed to accumulating at any single point) and strike with enough force to break through reinforced steel, thanks to his mastery of chi. Which means that, through his extensive training and meditation, he was able to reach such a high level of combat prowess that despite not having actual super powers like Iron Fist for example, he's able to perform similar moves and tecniques to would place him at the superhuman level.

This is nothing new for him, since even in classic old days he was using said tecnique to disentangle himself from the Thing for example, as you can see below:

But Shang Chi possess even better feats and more recent ones. Next scans shows him being able to absorb a punch comming from Hiroim, one of Hulk's warbounds and a character with 100ton strength:

Of course he was physically hindered but it's a great feat that shows he can ultimately close that gap regarding physical stats. Bottom line is that Shang Chi possess effective ways to remove Cap's initial advantage, while Steve can't do much to balance the combat skill gap between the two.

Now, as for cap's durability, which is indeed impressive, Shang Chi also possess ways to get around that through the use of pressure points, something that most of the time ingores the enemy durability level. He can locate different pressure points on a person's body and incapacitate, paralyze, severely injure, etc..

Avatar image for deactivated-579e79a09210d
deactivated-579e79a09210d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post 2 - Counters

Italics = Me

Underlined = HigorM

• This is nothing new for him, since even in classic old days he was using said tecnique to disentangle himself from the Thing for example, as you can see below:
  • But Shang Chi possess even better feats and more recent ones. Next scans shows him being able to absorb a punch comming from Hiroim, one of Hulk's warbounds and a character with 100ton strength:
  • Of course he was physically hindered but it's a great feat that shows he can ultimately close that gap regarding physical stats. Bottom line is that Shang Chi possess effective ways to remove Cap's initial advantage, while Steve can't do much to balance the combat skill gap between the two.
  • Now, as for cap's durability, which is indeed impressive, Shang Chi also possess ways to get around that through the use of pressure points, something that most of the time ingores the enemy durability level. He can locate different pressure points on a person's body and incapacitate, paralyze, severely injure, etc..

The Thing feat

• The Thing is much above Cap in Strength, and that strategy was against someone much bulkier. Cap's first usual first instinct is to engage. Shang-Chi however proved he has the strength to knock a weighty opponent of their feet.

Cap has proven to be able to hang with Hulk for short periods of time.

• Uses pressure points on the Hulk to make him fall, then throws him. Skill + Strength feat
  • Here he's able to knock the Hulk back a bit.
  • Here he again proves to be able to push the Hulk.

Hiroim feat

• That feat is impressive. 100tons+ absorbed. While Cap's shield can absorb kinetic energy only, it's still blocked impressively powerful strikes.
  • His shield took a blow from OF Thor. (It got dented, but it didn't break iirc)
  • The shield can take blows from the Hulk
  • Not even Wolverine's adamantium stands a chance.

The last counter

Now, as for cap's durability, which is indeed impressive, Shang Chi also possess ways to get around that through the use of pressure points, something that most of the time ingores the enemy durability level. He can locate different pressure points on a person's body and incapacitate, paralyze, severely injure, etc..

So far as I know, no character has survived Pressure Points that easily. But you forget that Cap uses them as well, on beings even as big and strong as the Hulk. Assume PP's cancel each other out, which isn't the case, Cap's durability will ensure his win:

• He can take Gambit's explosions point blank and still be up for the count.
  • War Machine can throw him to the ground, hard, and he's still up for a fight.

Fighting Skills

• Not even Spider-Man can dare contend with Captain America
  • Defeats fighter whom has "catalogued every fighting style in the world"
  • 3 and 4 are out of order, just look at them switched around. Anywho, Cap beats down a room filled with Asgardian trolls.
  • Effortlessly beats down Beast

Combat Speed

• All 3 of them prove Cap is a certified bullet dodger

Closers

While Cap isn't on par with Shang-Chi in terms of fighting skill, Shang-Chi will have to pack a lot of punch to try and budge Cap. They both have knowledge of pressure points making them both extremely deadly in h2h/cqc but Cap's already imposing durability and superior strength will close the speed gap which is Shang-Chi's main advantage (note I said main, not only). Cap's reactions coupled with his shield will make sure Shang-Chi studies more his next butt-kicking :P

@higorm

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm: I don't wanna win by your late post.

Well I do, but that's not me.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm: 9 hours, better get cracking.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag for votes btw.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HigorM  Moderator
HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

@supremegeneration:

Post #3: Last Rebuttals

> "The Thing feat"

I see that you brought similar feats regarding the combination of skill and strength. They are great and all but not relevant to this fight. You see, for Shang Chi it makes sense to present those kind of feats where he's able to overcome or deal with togher/stronger foes because he's using a special skill to reduce the stats gap. That's my argument from the start, Shang can turn Steve initial advantage into an even ground. Those feats you presented would make sense if Captain was facing someone stronger than him.

> "Hiroim feat"

Same logic can be applied here. This is not a best feat contest, so presenting comparable feats to show Cap can do the same won't help you prove he can beat Shang Chi. The Hiroim feat proves that Shang Chi can block a punch from a 100toner and remain alive and conscious. If he posssess that level of skill applied in durability it's safe to say that a punch from Steve should be easier to absorb.

> "the last counter"

Now regarding pressure points, I'm aware that Steve possess the skill to display such move but your argument is a clear misconception. It's clear that between the two Shang Chi is the more skilled one. So it would be rational to assume that his level of skill would prevail in combat situation. Now as for durability, I've already explained fact that pressure points is used to neutralize a foe regardless of his durability, you said for yourself that Cap has done the same on stronger opponents so why it shouldn't work on him? It seems that you have contradicted yourself.

> "fighting skills"

3 and 4 are out of order, just look at them switched around. Anywho, Cap beats down a room filled with Asgardian trolls. Effortlessly beats down Beast

Most of those scans are either out of context or irrelevant, cause none of those reflect how good Steve can be against other skilled opponents. I mean, how great is Beast regarding martial skill? Asgardian trolls? Really?!

> "combat speed"

I'd say they are about equal since both possess comparable feats, for instance, Shang was able to dodge bullets after they were fired, keep up with spider-man (who said he was the fastest human he has ever seen), best another martial artist with speed-enhanced drug, etc.

Bottom line, there's nothing Steve can do to increase his combat skill in the middle of the fight while Shang can use his chi to match the Captain stats during the fight for enough time to put him down.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

t4v

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Third Post: Rebuttals Once More

Hiroim/Thing

> "The Thing feat"

I see that you brought similar feats regarding the combination of skill and strength. They are great and all but not relevant to this fight. You see, for Shang Chi it makes sense to present those kind of feats where he's able to overcome or deal with togher/stronger foes because he's using a special skill to reduce the stats gap. That's my argument from the start, Shang can turn Steve initial advantage into an even ground. Those feats you presented would make sense if Captain was facing someone stronger than him.

> "Hiroim feat"

Same logic can be applied here. This is not a best feat contest, so presenting comparable feats to show Cap can do the same won't help you prove he can beat Shang Chi. The Hiroim feat proves that Shang Chi can block a punch from a 100toner and remain alive and conscious. If he posssess that level of skill applied in durability it's safe to say that a punch from Steve should be easier to absorb.

You misinterpret my intentions in the scans. What I was trying to show is that Cap can do anything Shang-Chi can, only on slightly higher tiers. Shang-Chi is a top-of-the-line human, which combat skill better than Cap. But Cap also only needs a few hits to take down Shang-Chi, as he has superior strength and much more combat experience.

Last Counter/Fighting Skills

> "the last counter"

Now regarding pressure points, I'm aware that Steve possess the skill to display such move but your argument is a clear misconception. It's clear that between the two Shang Chi is the more skilled one. So it would be rational to assume that his level of skill would prevail in combat situation. Now as for durability, I've already explained fact that pressure points is used to neutralize a foe regardless of his durability, you said for yourself that Cap has done the same on stronger opponents so why it shouldn't work on him? It seems that you have contradicted yourself.

You again misinterpret my words. For my section of the "The Last Counter" I was showing durability feats for Cap if ever our Pressure Points cancelled each other, also stating that it wasn't the case. I also never said that Pressure Points wouldn't work on Cap. So in true fact I didn't contradict myself.

> "fighting skills"

3 and 4 are out of order, just look at them switched around. Anywho, Cap beats down a room filled with Asgardian trolls. Effortlessly beats down Beast (Supreme)

Most of those scans are either out of context or irrelevant, cause none of those reflect how good Steve can be against other skilled opponents. I mean, how great is Beast regarding martial skill? Asgardian trolls? Really?! (Higor)

Wait NONE of them reflect what Cap can do against highly skilled opponents? NONE of them?

• I put beast up there because Beast is extremely agile, much like Shang-Chi. Even if Beast possesses little to no knowledge of Martial Arts he is still good enough to be placed.
  • Asgardian Trolls have enhanced stats, possibly even above Cap. Even if off-panel he had to have used his skill advantage to win that battle.
  • You don't consider Spider-Man a rather worthy Martial Artist, especially with his spider sense? I'll post it again:
No Caption Provided

Cap was stomping Pete until Spidey used his suit to his advantage. Also keep in mind Pete was amped by both the Iron Spider suit and the Other powers.

• The fighter that "catalogued every fighting style in the world" sounds a lot like Shang-Chi save for the fact that Shang-Chi has potentially more experience.

Combat Speed

> "combat speed"

I'd say they are about equal since both possess comparable feats, for instance, Shang was able to dodge bullets after they were fired, keep up with spider-man (who said he was the fastest human he has ever seen), best another martial artist with speed-enhanced drug, etc.

So both bullet timers and both can contend with Spider-Man. Since they're about equal, perhaps very very slight edge to Shang-Chi, then Shang-Chi will have a hard time even hitting Cap.

Since you wanted some:

I see you keep pointing out that I only post feats of Cap replicating yours. How about I show you his fighting skills and stuff eh?

• The first scan shows Kang stating that Captain America would be a worthy foe as he adapts to anything, and that he mastered his simulation which many people train many decades to attempt to do so.
  • 2/3 are again, and sorry, swapped. Cap senses a change in the air and engages Panther h2h. It is worth noting 2 things: 1) is that Panther states that Cap can adapt to any fighting style and 2) that they were both arguably holding back. It is alternatively worth noting that Black Panther also has knowledge of every fighting style in the world.

My point for this part being that Cap can adapt to and beat Shang-Chi.

Another opponent he can hold his own against is Wolverine. IIRC Shang-Chi has bowed down to.

No Caption Provided

Now I have proved that Cap has more than what it takes to keep Shang-Chi with his Combat Speed, let's see what Shang-Chi can do in your closer?

@higorm

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HigorM  Moderator

@supremegeneration:

Post #4: Counters & Conclusions

> "Hiroim/Thing"

You misinterpret my intentions in the scans. What I was trying to show is that Cap can do anything Shang-Chi can, only on slightly higher tiers. Shang-Chi is a top-of-the-line human, which combat skill better than Cap. But Cap also only needs a few hits to take down Shang-Chi, as he has superior strength and much more combat experience.

I get your intentions, but for this particular combat they are no relevant cause we are not measuring feats to see who can do this or that better than the other. Like I said, for Shang Chi it makes sense because he's in physical disavantage in comparison to Steve Rogers, that's why I presented evidence to prove he can not only close this gap but also endure his hits if he manage to tag him. Now for Captain America those feats doesn't make sense since he's not facing someone with superior strength or anything like that, you should be focusing on skill and not stats, something that so far you've failed to accomplish.

> "Last Counter/Fighting Skills"

You again misinterpret my words. For my section of the "The Last Counter" I was showing durability feats for Cap if ever our Pressure Points cancelled each other, also stating that it wasn't the case. I also never said that Pressure Points wouldn't work on Cap. So in true fact I didn't contradict myself.

Well it sounded quite confusing at least, that's why I brought that up. Especially when you bring examples like this one:

1. "He can take Gambit's explosions point blank and still be up for the count."
  2. "War Machine can throw him to the ground, hard, and he's still up for a fight."

1. Tell me why this is relevant to the pressure point argument? Being able to tank a minor explosion from Gambit who wasn't even trying to kill or severely injure him?

2. Again, why is it relevant to the pressure point argument? What's the nexus between being ok after a throw down and being hit with nerve strikes? I can't see the this as a logical argument, like at all. Let me break down to you again, next scans clearly shows what i'm talking about:

As you can see, regular punches were useless against that guy with great durability so he changed to pressure points to take him out.

Further on this, Shang Chi manage to use nerve strike on Gorgon, someone with both superior stats and skill in comparison to Captain America.

No Caption Provided

That being said, it's safe to assume that Shang Chi is more than able to perform a nerve strike on Steve and put him down for good.

Wait NONE of them reflect what Cap can do against highly skilled opponents? NONE of them?

• I put beast up there because Beast is extremely agile, much like Shang-Chi. Even if Beast possesses little to no knowledge of Martial Arts he is still good enough to be placed.
  • Asgardian Trolls have enhanced stats, possibly even above Cap. Even if off-panel he had to have used his skill advantage to win that battle.
  • You don't consider Spider-Man a rather worthy Martial Artist, especially with his spider sense? I'll post it again:

Once again you are confusing one thing with another.

1. Beast possess zero martial skill in comparison to Shang Chi. It's a good agility feat but that's all, and we've already settled the agility/speed part, so no reason to bring this feat as I said.
  2. Shang Chi possess countless feats against fodder canon of all sorts of stats, none of those feats we're brought here to prove anything against Cap because it would be a waste of time since it would not matter. We are not facing random characters here with no martial skill, so there's no reason to bring such feats.
  3. That fight was back in the day where Peter had no martial arts training so I don't see why I should consider him as a "worthy Martial Artist". But it's good that you bring that up since it was Shang Chi who trained him during the events of Spider-Island, together they created the Way of the Spider, a modifed verson of Peter's own combat style and Shang-Chi's martial arts. Further on this, the scan you posted where Captain is "stomping" Peter only benefits my argument, since it proves that a inferior character (physically speaking) with enough skill can best a physically superior character with no martial skill.

> "combat speed"

So both bullet timers and both can contend with Spider-Man. Since they're about equal, perhaps very very slight edge to Shang-Chi, then Shang-Chi will have a hard time even hitting Cap.

That's not true. Many other martial artist manage to tag Steve on several occasions, from Daredevil to Wolverine and more.. I'd say that considering their skill, it will be hard for Steve to tag him than the opposite.

> "Since you wanted some"

Another opponent he can hold his own against is Wolverine. IIRC Shang-Chi has bowed down to.

Now you post scan incompletely? Come on.. How about the rest of the fight where Caps needs help to get rid of Wolverine?

No Caption Provided

Or how about the whole fight where Shang Chi clearly schools Logan?

Once again you failed to present solid evidence to prove your claims, and your lack of support towards Captain leads to me to believe that he doesn't have what it takes to score a victory over Shang Chi, here's why:

• Enough striking power to shatter concrete walls, bricks, metal, etc..
  • Enough endurance/durability to withstand a strike from Steve, thanks to his ability to manipulate chi in order to spread the pain equaly throughout his body, this also works to close the stats gap.
  • Captain America can't close the martial skill gap in the middle of the fight the same way Shang can close the stats gap;
  • Clearly more skilled than Captain America, thanks to his extensive training and meditation, something proven by feats against the likes of Iron Fist, Wolverine, Gorgon, etc. Black Panther himself said that he considers Shang Chi to be superior to Iron Fist.
  • Pressure points can and will work on Steve regardless of his durability, as clearly explained.
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm:

Final C/C (Counters/Conclusions)

Hiroim/Thing

I get your intentions, but for this particular combat they are no relevant cause we are not measuring feats to see who can do this or that better than the other. Like I said, for Shang Chi it makes sense because he's in physical disadvantage in comparison to Steve Rogers, that's why I presented evidence to prove he can not only close this gap but also endure his hits if he manage to tag him. Now for Captain America those feats doesn't make sense since he's not facing someone with superior strength or anything like that, you should be focusing on skill and not stats, something that so far you've failed to accomplish.

Alright...

Skills

Well it sounded quite confusing at least, that's why I brought that up. Especially when you bring examples like this one:

1. "He can take Gambit's explosions point blank and still be up for the count."
  2. "War Machine can throw him to the ground, hard, and he's still up for a fight."

1. Tell me why this is relevant to the pressure point argument? Being able to tank a minor explosion from Gambit who wasn't even trying to kill or severely injure him?

2. Again, why is it relevant to the pressure point argument? What's the nexus between being ok after a throw down and being hit with nerve strikes? I can't see the this as a logical argument, like at all. Let me break down to you again, next scans clearly shows what i'm talking about:

As you can see, regular punches were useless against that guy with great durability so he changed to pressure points to take him out.

1) It may not be relevant, but you keep forgetting that Steve also possesses an extreme knowledge of pressure points, not to mention that the explosion also supports my argument of an x-variable scenario if pressure points ever cancelled each other out.

2) See above.

Yes he had great durability, but again you forget that Cap also has extensive PP knowledge.

Skills cont.

Further on this, Shang Chi manage to use nerve strike on Gorgon, someone with both superior stats and skill in comparison to Captain America.

That being said, it's safe to assume that Shang Chi is more than able to perform a nerve strike on Steve and put him down for good.

Once again you are confusing one thing with another.

1. Beast possess zero martial skill in comparison to Shang Chi. It's a good agility feat but that's all, and we've already settled the agility/speed part, so no reason to bring this feat as I said.
  2. Shang Chi possess countless feats against fodder canon of all sorts of stats, none of those feats we're brought here to prove anything against Cap because it would be a waste of time since it would not matter. We are not facing random characters here with no martial skill, so there's no reason to bring such feats.
  3. That fight was back in the day where Peter had no martial arts training so I don't see why I should consider him as a "worthy Martial Artist". But it's good that you bring that up since it was Shang Chi who trained him during the events of Spider-Island, together they created the Way of the Spider, a modifed verson of Peter's own combat style and Shang-Chi's martial arts. Further on this, the scan you posted where Captain is "stomping" Peter only benefits my argument, since it proves that a inferior character (physically speaking) with enough skill can best a physically superior character with no martial skill.

Agree to agree on the Gorgon feat for now.

That being said what makes you so sure Chi can even land a hit in the first place? Or that this will be his first move? This is in-character and in most of the scans you showed me he goes for regular martial arts first, not nerve strikes.

1) We have settled.

2) Fodder fodder, I just wanted to prove to the voters that Cap can take both bigger (Trolls) and smaller (Spidey) opponents due to his skill advantage.

3) I brought this scan up because Spidey was amped by two ways: the Iron Spider suit and the Other powers. I would consider him at least a worthy fighter before his "Spider-Fu" is learned, especially with his amps. The Iron Spider seriously amped his durability, allowing him to even take IM shoving him through a reinforced glass wall in Civil War. The Other powers amped his spider-sense by... well a lot. But even an amped spider-sense couldn't save him from Cap. Now I don't see how Cap stomping Peter benefits your argument "since it proves that a inferior character (physically speaking) with enough skill can best a physically superior character with no martial skill." Unless you mean to say Spidey has better physicals than Cap (I'd call them about equals) and that Spidey is the one with no skills, then you really confused me. It seems you're saying Cap hasNOmartial arts skills, which is absolutely not true.

Second-Last Counters

> "combat speed"

That's not true. Many other martial artist manage to tag Steve on several occasions, from Daredevil to Wolverine and more.. I'd say that considering their skill, it will be hard for Steve to tag him than the opposite.

> "Since you wanted some"

Now you post scan incompletely? Come on.. How about the rest of the fight where Caps needs help to get rid of Wolverine?

Or how about the whole fight where Shang Chi clearly schools Logan?

In Combat Speed you contradict yourself. You say that Cap and Shang have about equal combat speed, then say that it's not true.

in Wanted some-

I didn't post the scan incompletely. I only showed the parts where there was an actual fight going. In the last part, the only part shown is Giant-Man kicking Wolverine out of the plane. I wanted to show how Cap could contend with Wolvie.

As for the Shang-Chi fight, S-C was schooling Logan until Wolvie wanted to end it, especially since Shang-Chi still bowed after that calling the "New Master".

Final Counter

Once again you failed to present solid evidence to prove your claims, and your lack of support towards Captain leads to me to believe that he doesn't have what it takes to score a victory over Shang Chi, here's why:

• Enough striking power to shatter concrete walls, bricks, metal, etc..
  • Enough endurance/durability to withstand a strike from Steve, thanks to his ability to manipulate chi in order to spread the pain equaly throughout his body, this also works to close the stats gap.
  • Captain America can't close the martial skill gap in the middle of the fight the same way Shang can close the stats gap;
  • Clearly more skilled than Captain America, thanks to his extensive training and meditation, something proven by feats against the likes of Iron Fist, Wolverine, Gorgon, etc. Black Panther himself said that he considers Shang Chi to be superior to Iron Fist.
  • Pressure points can and will work on Steve regardless of his durability, as clearly explained.

Again, for the final counter, as posted above w/ Kang and Black Panther, Cap can and will adapt to Shang-Chi. He adapted to a machine that warriors "train decades to attempt" and even stalemated BP. I showed him against Spidey, against the fighter whom "catalogued every fighting style in the world". Cap has more than what it takes to take down Shang-Chi:

No Caption Provided

Cap already won in a spar, and this is in-character. What's to stop him from doing so again?

• He break all of that, but I've shown enough to show that Cap can and will tank all of that.
  • Cool, so when Cap gets his hits in he'll flare everywhere not just one spot.
  • Shang-Chi can close the stats department, barely.
  • Shang-Chi being superior to IF has nothing to do with this.
  • PP's will also work on Shang-Chi. It's a matter of who gets a hit first.

Closer

• Cap's physical department will allow him to take anything that's in character for Shang-Chi, which isn't Pressure Points.
  • Cap can and will get a hit into Shang-Chi, especially when he can adapt to any fighting style in the world.
  • Shang-Chi, although both distracted, already lost to a holding back spar w/ Cap.
  • Shang-Chi's regular hits would do nothing annoy Cap.
  • Cap has skill comparable to at least Wolvie, which will allow him to win this battle.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 HigorM  Moderator

@supremegeneration: alright, voting time! This was a nice one, thank you!

@spector_rand: we are ready for votes, will you tag people or what? Might as well add some rules for voting..

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HigorM  Moderator

Bump 4 Votes!

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bachh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap have the lead in physical stat but the lead isn't big enough to givehim the overall win. Shang Chi have inferior stat but with his Chi manipulation he can withstand Cap attack long enough for him to bring Cap down with strike in pressure point since pressure point ignore your durability by affecting the inside. Also Shang have overall better skill imo so my vote for Shang Chi and HigorM, Supreme Generation give out a very good debate and solid feat also. The battle will bevery close with shang chi have a slightly more chance of winning.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bachh2: This is a CaV. Vote for the person who you think won the debate, not which character you think would win.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@higorm: Higor edges it with IMO more relevant scans, and attacking the non relevant ones.

bachh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By bachh2

@jacthripper: i clearly say that my vore for HigorM and shang chi, just forgot to put the @ before the name...

Edit 1. And sorry for using shangchi this and that, what i mean that higorm present enough scan and feat for shang chi to overcome his opponent strong point while proving that he can survive long enough to defeat him

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giving my vote to @higorm. The fight is close but his debunks were on point and he obviously researched his opponents moves to find a hole. +

@supremegeneration

You should really stop using that tactic where you save your most important post for last in hopes of your opponent not having time to respond to it. You should have used Cap vs Shang Chi sparring at the start to have it debated. Last posts are not for showing feats.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll try to give this a read

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bachh2 said:

@jacthripper: i clearly say that my vore for HigorM and shang chi, just forgot to put the @ before the name...

Edit 1. And sorry for using shangchi this and that, what i mean that higorm present enough scan and feat for shang chi to overcome his opponent strong point while proving that he can survive long enough to defeat him

Sorry, my mistake.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bachh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By bachh2
Avatar image for monarch_chronicle
Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Avatar image for monarch_chronicle
Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Il throw my vote behind @higorm. But tbh nether truly convinced me that their character would definitively come out on top.

Higor was very successful in countering good points made by @supremegeneration and attacking irrelevant or loosly relevant scans that Supreme provided, but this also was to his determent as he (imo) spent too much time on Cap's irrelevant feats.

Supreme logically had good posts that made sense. He lost mainly because he tried to go feat for feat with HigorM early on but found his feats to be less relevant to the actual match.

Overall nether did poorly and the quality of the ideas were there, but HigorM was ruthless in his rejection of poorly picked feats.

@supremegeneration in the future just remember going feat for feat to prove your character is at least close to par in certain aspects is a good strategy, but it cant be the only strategy. If you talked about why Caps shield or strength would give him the win in addition to his knowledge and familiarity with Shang Chi and martial arts in general, this may have played out differently.

Good job to both debators

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You don't mess with da chinaman'

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@higorm definitely gets my vote, stronger counters, better analysis and superior evidence overall. A little on the short side and nitpicking at times but many more positives than negatives. My biggest problem with SupremeGeneration's case for Steve Rogers was specifically his use of Steve's fight with Spider-Man in Civil War. He missed the major context that Spider-Man is essentially a huge Captain America fanboy, he has massive respect and admiration for Steve. Peter was undoubtedly holding back massively as he didn't want to fight Steve, let alone harm him and capture him. He was still kind of conflicted about his side in the Civil War conflict. Steve defeating Peter came down far more to character and morals on Peter's part rather than solely Steve's skill and tactical thinking.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 HigorM  Moderator
Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Think I'll vote for @higorm, same reasons other people said.

@supremegeneration might have been good to have used that scan of Cap and Shang sparring earlier

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 HigorM  Moderator
The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers