The Challenger

No Caption Provided

Composite Taskmaster @agentghostrider

The Gym Leader

No Caption Provided

Buffy the Vampire Slayer @sirfizzwhizz

The Awesome Gym (AKA The Indie Gym)

No Caption Provided

Gym Badge of Champions who break free from the herd of sheep.

No Caption Provided

Specific Rules

• Random Fight
  • Death or KO
  • Standard Gear

Overall Gym Rules

• Challenger has the right of selecting the limits (within the tier), and selects who they are using first.
  • Gym Leader chooses the set up, whether a solo character or team.
  • The Gym Leader is allowed to select a second to fill in for them in case of time constraints.
  • If the Challenger wins the debate by votes, they earn the badge. However, if they lose the vote, the Gym Leader can still bestow the badge if he/she so wishes.
  • The Challenger can only match one gym at a time.
  • The Challenger has 60 hours (2 Days, 12 Hours) to respond to the gym leaders post, before forfeiting.
  • The Gym Leader creates the battle in a separate thread.
  • The Challenger can contest for taking over the gym if they defeat the Gym Leader 3 consecutive times, or if the Gym Leader has become inactive with permission from the voters and the commissioner (@spector_rand currently).
  • Votes are counted by the commissioner, not the Gym Leader.
  • The commissioner has the final say in any dispute.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@agentghostrider

Alright, I could open this with a intro to who Buffy is, but if people reading this do not know who she is, WATCH HER ON NETFLIX! Sheeeeshh....

No Caption Provided

Gear

Anyway lets get into the gear load out. What is standard for Buffy? Slayer Scythe.

A ancient weapon fueled directly by the Seed, which is the source of all magic. Nearly unbreakable enchanted weapon.

Other than this, she carries wooden stakes. Yup. Scary, pointy, wooden stakes.

Initial Thoughts

Now, on to the match itself. In this match is all about skill and stats. At least for Buffy. In this match, Buffy will prove to have skill more than enough to match, with stats that exceed, and win the day for her. Gear wise she is packing the only two things she need. Now lets discuss the big arguments for Tony, his skill. Yes, he can copy moves, and is considerable in the skill department. While Tony may know more moves, Buffy still holds the considerable experience factor. So lets discuss Buffy's skill.

In the famous episode that touch on innate skill, it is stated Slayers on the subconscious level have the memories, and experiences of past slayers. When they "Activate" the skills are natural and present in them to a degree. They cannot recall experiences and such when they try to, but they have it in them. Proven in this episode when a young girl who "activated" had the skill and memories of the Boxtor Rebellion Slayer that Spike had killed, speaking a asian language, and enough skill to decimate Spike. Even though said girl had no training, or was taught any other languages. This is also shown in the canon origin comic of Buffy.

Scan 1-2 shows how Buffy growing up she experience the lives, and deaths of past Slayers just like the little girl Slayer in the episode above. Scan 3 flat out has Buffy explaining she has thee memories of fighting and killing from various Slayers before her. Scan 4 states Buffy's untouched mental prowess as well in the same issues of her past memories.

No Caption Provided

As stated here when Buffy releases the potential in all Slayers to be full fledged Slayers, this Slayer Gigi is hit with the shared memories of past slayers.

No Caption Provided

All this comes to a head in the canon season 8 comics, when Buffy faces Fray. Fray had no connection to past Slayers, no memory of them. Buffy overcomes Fray using her memories of every past Slayer's battle. This is stated directly, showing experience triumphs over brute force. Thats three examples of how past lives provide a string innate skill for Slayers, and Buffy more so.

No Caption Provided

Buffy then honed these skill in a very strict training environment for three years with Giles, aka Ripper, who was one of the top Watchers ever known. Just to drive the point home on Giles training, and Buffy's innate skill, here is a example of Buffy's first training session shown in the first few episodes when Giles attempts to teach Buffy the basics.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

We do know in her hand to hand training with Giles, Buffy uses a advance hybrid form Akido and Jujitsu. We also know Buffy spent most of her last school year training with Angel who knows Judo, so its safe to say she learn that as well. This leads to some facts that she is proficient in those three forms that we know about for strict hand to hand.

No Caption Provided

Kendra, another Slayer that was in her mid teens, was already was an expert in all weapons. More evidence of Slayer training by Watcher in a few years, and the innate skill that goes with it. However in this scene Kendra who is a Expert in all weapons, showed a misunderstanding of the weapon design that Buffy used, to which Buffy replies she can show her a thing or too. Giles had even train gone as far as to teach Buffy to fight blind, which Buffy uses several times on invisible, or unseen foes.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Halfway Season two, second year of training, Giles runs out of ideas of things to train her in. Tries blind fighting, and yet Buffy not only manages to know where Giles is at, but bounce a ball off the wall to tag him. Her first official Blind Fighting exercise.

No Caption Provided

Buffy was nearly ambushed by three invisible demons, only to hear them sneaking on her. She then manages to fight them all and beat them down.

No Caption Provided

Buffy again faces off against a Watcher blindfolded taking out him, and another target. Besides blind fighting, Buffy also showed incredible accuracy as well between her innate skills, and training.

As seen, Buffy uses Stakes and blades as successful range weapons. Hand throwing them great distance in some of these scans with accuracy to nail the heart of super fast vampires.

No Caption Provided

With her high accuracy, nothing is safe.

In short, Buffy is proven a master of all weapons through the shows use of weapons she had fought with, insane accuracy, some clear documented martial arts, and a killer advantage in battle experience against more diverse cast of dangers than Task Master can bring.

So I see Buffy matching very well in the ring, and winning with her stat advantages she has unlike Tony who can only mimic a stats via a certain move.

Avatar image for agentghostrider
AgentGhostRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@sirfizzwhizz: I noticed something here, What is the Starting Distance? Tell me that and I can get started

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sirfizzwhizz
bachh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is this require voting or somthing?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bachh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AgentGhostRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Won't be able to post intill Monday due to family plans with Thanksgiving

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AgentGhostRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Let's Go

The Taskmaster Dude Thingy

No Caption Provided

"Class is now in Session"

Now, Here is his Comicvine Wiki Description

Tony Masters, also known as Taskmaster possesses the ability to absorb knowledge and instantly replicate combat skills of anyone he observes. He has used these skills as a teacher to many super villains, henchmen, and even some heroes. In order to clean his record, he started working to the U.S. government as a combat instructor and currently serves as a member of S.H.I.E.L.D's Secret Avengers.

Taskmaster is a skilled warrior, he also is fast as hell, and has a lot of gear, especially since this is a Composite Taskmaster.

Here is a list of the Gear he has

• Shield, Nigh-Unbreakable
  • Broadsword
  • Katana
  • Dual .45 Calibers (Pistols)
  • Bow & Arrows (Trick Arrows included, like Hawkeye's) (Mainly Explosive, and Nerve Gas)
  • Energy Device (Uses it to help make duplicate weapons)
  • Billy Clubs
  • Throwing Stars
  • Laser Sword
  • Grenades
  • Rocket Boots
  • Shock Gloves
  • Remote Shocker Thingy
  • Web Shooters

The fight it's self

I really like this fight, as we don't have to debate things like TP, TK, or Phasing and other stuff like that.

Now, when it comes to skill, I agree, Buffy does in fact have more Experience, this however does not mean she is more skilled.

and bear with me, as I've never seen a thing with Buffy in my life (I freakin mistaked her for Kill Bill for Pete's sake)

But I has a question about all that experience, wouldn't it get repetitive? I mean, she is gaining knowledge from former Slayer, but that's it, former Slayers, who all had the same job and such. Don't get me wrong, I image that she has some memories from certain Slayers that stand out, but I image a lot of the "Slayer Skill" is repetitive.

That's not really the case with Tony, Each of his Move sets are from a different fighter.

I mean, this allows him to fight both Captain America and the Winter Solider, At the Same time

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Nice showing of Reflexes and Accuracy, Blocks Bucky's Shots with his shield even thou Bucky was behind him, and as he Railed Bucky's gun right out of his hands.

And both of these guys can perceive bullets, Cap sees them in Slow Mow, and Bucky has Tagged Bullets in Mid Flight with his Shield.

As for Hand to Hand Skill, Taskmaster teaches Villains how to Fight at his Taskmaster Institute in the "Marvel Heroes" Universe

No Caption Provided

Note how he Reacts to the Hydra Agent Flying at him from behind with a Jet Pack.

Now, I can post the scans, (But don't feel like it) but Taskmaster stomped Hawkeye, and fought him in till Tony got bored, and blocked all of his shots, and Clint is a great shot.

Now, there is more i'm going to go into in my next post, but for now I just felt like I needed to get this post up.

I feel like Taskmaster's Skill and Speed will enable him to stay ahead of Buffy's Strength, and with a Laser Sword to help combat Buffy's Durability (Tony's isn't that Bad) he'll have this fight in the bag.

AgentGhostRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Interested in seeing if composite Taskmaster is going to bring something to the table that 616 doesn't already have. Tag for votes.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agentghostrider: Been busy. Babies B Day, my College Graduation, and 10 year anniversary all this week alone. Been busy.

AgentGhostRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agentghostrider: Been busy. Babies B Day, my College Graduation, and 10 year anniversary all this week alone. Been busy.

take your time, there are some thing I want to edit in my post

@lukehero said:

Interested in seeing if composite Taskmaster is going to bring something to the table that 616 doesn't already have. Tag for votes.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Tfv

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@agentghostrider:

Here is a list of the Gear he has

• Shield, Nigh-Unbreakable
  • Broadsword
  • Katana
  • Dual .45 Calibers (Pistols)
  • Bow & Arrows (Trick Arrows included, like Hawkeye's) (Mainly Explosive, and Nerve Gas)
  • Energy Device (Uses it to help make duplicate weapons)
  • Billy Clubs
  • Throwing Stars
  • Laser Sword
  • Grenades
  • Rocket Boots
  • Shock Gloves
  • Remote Shocker Thingy
  • Web Shooters

Neat, though I rarely see him make use of half that gear :) I know your using composite, but I had standard gear in the rules. Can I see Taskmaster making use of all this gear more than once, and stated in his bio? If you like to use non standard gear, I can change OP to accommodate.

Let me know.

The fight it's self

I really like this fight, as we don't have to debate things like TP, TK, or Phasing and other stuff like that.

Yes this will be more of a skill fight and stats.

and bear with me, as I've never seen a thing with Buffy in my life (I freakin mistaked her for Kill Bill for Pete's sake)

No Caption Provided

But I has a question about all that experience, wouldn't it get repetitive? I mean, she is gaining knowledge from former Slayer, but that's it, former Slayers, who all had the same job and such. Don't get me wrong, I image that she has some memories from certain Slayers that stand out, but I image a lot of the "Slayer Skill" is repetitive.

Not a bad question at all, and its kinda of complicated. Let me explain. All those memories add to her skill in the way how you react and attack matters in a fight. Most people do not think as fast as they fight, and people who plan a fight out before it happens is not the same as skill in a fight where muscle memory matters most. Skill is a very hard thing to quantify, so this match is very tricky.

As I showed above, the Slayer memories Buffy has reaches the span of 1000s of past Slayers dealing with Vampires, Magic users, and Demons with special abiltiies. So to answere the question propose, is it repetivie? Yes and no. Muscle memory works by how often you do something, and Buffy has that in spades. Its also good to note how past Slayers deal with a host of magical powered threats with special powers. Fire breathing, Telepathy, Healing, Phasing, Invisibility, Hexes, Mud Monsters, Sludge Beings, Freeze Beams, Super Stat Beasties, and tons more. The fact is her skill and experience of past Slayers who dealth with special soul sucking sludge monsters, allow Buffy to know how to deal with the same beast even though she possess no details. Only the fighting skill and memories.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Buffy states she did not have the exact memory of who this monster was, unless she was dreaming which she can then track it down. However, her experience and skill is not the same as memory.

As seen in her fight with Fray. Buffy is able to access and tap into the overwhelming skill of the past Slayers to beat fray who was cut off from the memories of Past Slayers. Fray her self is very skilled (over 12 issues in a series), killing 23rd century tech armed Vamps with just Stakes and Slayer Scythe. Still Buffy trumped her and easy.

In there fights Buffy states this overwhelming experience gap she has over fray who was stringer, and more accustom to the 23rd century battlefield. Fray was also not holding back, and Buffy was. All she had has the memories of past slayers for fighting skill to whoop that ass!

Also I like to go back to this point of skill/experience. Here is a example of Buffy's first training session shown in the first few episodes when Giles attempts to teach Buffy the basics.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

With zero training and effort, Buffy effectively uses official weapon maneuvers and styles to beat Giles on her first day of training with the quarter staff. Even though Giles been taught all his life as a kid weapon styles, hand to hand, and magic by the Watchers. Innate skill pulling through.

No Caption Provided

When Buffy first became a Slayer, she never knew how to fight Vampires, never knew the rules. Yet in her first random fight, she accurately killed and defeated two Vampires with heart stabs even though she had no clue what she was doing, even the Watcher who trains to fight them getting taken out, and still had no idea what she done afterward other than the Watcher saying "Only the Chosen one can do that." She instinctively knew the weakness and strength of foes who have special powers, and can only be killed in unique ways, and this would apply to all the other special powers past Slayers came against in their service. Vampires were the most numerable demons, not the only ones that Slayers were tasked with as seen above with the sludge demon. Same for the unique 23rd tech Fray had which was responded to in kind like any other special/magical powers launched at Buffy. So long explanation short, is it repetitive? Sure. Is it still more experiences and muscle memory in the old noggin that even task Master has? Yes.

That's not really the case with Tony, Each of his Move sets are from a different fighter.

I mean, this allows him to fight both Captain America and the Winter Solider, At the Same time

Well lets turn the tables here for a second, does Task Master knowledge and seeing people fight get repetitive in the long run? It should, there is only so few ways to throw a punch right, and seeing Daredevil do it or Cap do it makes little difference if they are throwing a punch right with the limitations of movement in the human body, regardless of stats. Most Martial Arts are similar to others because the human body can only effective move so many ways to begin with for the most effective fighting forms. Its why MMA fighters chose three or four forms they think are the best and pick out the best moves from that selection. So while experience may get repetitive to a degree, so does knowing so many forms of Martial Arts or copying people styles. In the end though, Buffy and her experience has encounter more varied threats and more situations in a battle than Tony ever has.

Of course we are now going WAY AND BEYOND in analyzing logic and skill. Honestly I rather not focus the debate to much on this. The fact is Buffy has been trained in all forms of weapons, expert in fact in all forms of weapons, has a unique hybrid fighting style of several MA forms she uses personally, and has the experience to counter any situation Tony can muster honestly. TBH, both are not edging the skill gap too much. The fight comes down to stats and gear. Buffy has superior stats by far, and Taskmaster has some decent gear though I need an answer on what is standard for a fact.

And both of these guys can perceive bullets, Cap sees them in Slow Mow, and Bucky has Tagged Bullets in Mid Flight with his Shield.

Well Buffy and Angel can perceive bullets, and blitz blur speed Vampires several at a time so :)

As for Hand to Hand Skill, Taskmaster teaches Villains how to Fight at his Taskmaster Institute in the "Marvel Heroes" Universe

Name on villain though that measures up to the skill tier of Marvel though. Just one. I know Angel trained Buffy for a year, and Faith as well. both are high tiers in fighting. Buffy in turn trained dozen of Slayers, and they were the most effective fighting force in the world till Twilight. Training others will play little role here though.

Note how he Reacts to the Hydra Agent Flying at him from behind with a Jet Pack.

.... it made me laugh is that is what your going for :)

Now, I can post the scans, (But don't feel like it) but Taskmaster stomped Hawkeye, and fought him in till Tony got bored, and blocked all of his shots, and Clint is a great shot.

Yes, all true, though I see no reason for Buffy not to stomp Hawkeye as well hoenstly.

Now, there is more i'm going to go into in my next post, but for now I just felt like I needed to get this post up.

I feel like Taskmaster's Skill and Speed will enable him to stay ahead of Buffy's Strength, and with a Laser Sword to help combat Buffy's Durability (Tony's isn't that Bad) he'll have this fight in the bag.

I need to see feats of the laser sword being standard unless we want to change the OP real quick. All my matches are initial standard gear. As for stats, I will argue this, Tony has very limited Double Speed which taxes him, meanwhile Buffy operates at that speed level casually. Also she has the minor healing factor, better blunt durability, and superior strength. I think we covered skill too as in they will be roughly equal regardless. Not to toot my own horn...

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/skill-battle-question-knowledge-vs-expeirence-1746356/

But the fact is Experience and Knowledge in Martial Arts forms are pretty even overall. Buffy and Tony will be very comparable skill wise.

No Caption Provided

AgentGhostRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AgentGhostRider

@sirfizzwhizz: So, before I post, I'm just wanting to make sure, are we both just agreeing that Buffy and Taskmaster are in the same Skill Department and we don't need to debate that further?

As for the Gear, Composite Tasky uses most of that stuff quite often

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: So, before I post, I'm just wanting to make sure, are we both just agreeing that Buffy and Taskmaster are in the same Skill Department and we don't need to debate that further?

As for the Gear, Composite Tasky uses most of that stuff quite often

I think they are, but that is up to you.

Composite Tasky still would use Composite standard gear ;)

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AgentGhostRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz:

Neat, though I rarely see him make use of half that gear :) I know your using composite, but I had standard gear in the rules. Can I see Taskmaster making use of all this gear more than once, and stated in his bio? If you like to use non standard gear, I can change OP to accommodate.

He has used all of that Gear from time to time, and carries it on him, The Remote Shocker may be the only thing Debatable, but the Taskmaster who used that only had one Movie (Captain America and Iron-Man: Heroes United)

but for Bios talking about Gear, Here you go, in the Black Box near the Bottom

No Caption Provided

But the fact is Experience and Knowledge in Martial Arts forms are pretty even overall. Buffy and Tony will be very comparable skill wise.

True, True.

Yes, all true, though I see no reason for Buffy not to stomp Hawkeye as well honestly.

That's not the point, the point is that Taskmaster Already Stomped someone who is notorious for his Accuracy, yet he didn't hit Tony once. So I highly doubt Buffy will tag Tony with her Scary Stakes.

I need to see feats of the laser sword being standard unless we want to change the OP real quick.

The Closest 616 Taskmaster came to using a "laser" Sword was just his standard Sword on fire when facing Venom, "Ultimate Spider-Man" Taskmaster on the other hand

No Caption Provided

Ever since Agent Venom was introduced into the show, it's the sword he's been wielding, and it can cut through Steel Beams like Butter.

As for stats, I will argue this, Tony has very limited Double Speed which taxes him, meanwhile Buffy operates at that speed level casually. Also she has the minor healing factor, better blunt durability, and superior strength.

He is hardly ever seen using Double Speed outside of his Udon Run, so you can't slap Double Speed onto every good speed feat he has. Being able to duel Two Bullet Timer at the same time is his normal speed. I can grab a lot of examples of Tony beating and being faster than people who are Bullet Timers. Then you can add Double Time to this which makes him even faster. So, no, I doubt (In till I see any Speed Feats) Buffy will be able to even keep up, let alone be faster than Tony. Not only that, Tony can actually keep Double Time up for several Minutes

No Caption Provided

Now for Healing Factor, Tony has never had a stated Healing Factor, however, he did Recover from Spider-Woman's Venom Sting in a few seconds

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

It should be noted that his Costume was still smoking when he got back up.

As For Durability, Taskmaster took a blow from an Angry Spider-man, and getting hit by both Daredevil (Who can Flip Limos) and a Car on the Same page

Blow From Spiderman

No Caption Provided

Gets Hit by Daredevil and a Car

No Caption Provided

There are notable "Motion" Lines behind the Car indicating it was moving, and at a high speed at that, so no "The Car wasn't moving" Talk here.

As For Strength, I agree, Maybe. I remember you saying that Faith the Slayer was Stronger than Buffy, and one of Her Feats is Punching a Hole in a Shower wall while injured. Here Taskmaster Learns how to hit Harder, and uses the same techniques that a guy punching through a foot or so of stone was using

No Caption Provided

Now Please, If Buffy is stronger than this, just say so (and show so, :P) Because this is like Taskmaster's Best Strength Feat.

My Opinion of this Fight has barley Changed, Taskmaster will outpace Buffy and cut Her down with his Laser Sword. He may even cut through the Slayer Scythe (The Sword was hot enough to cut through Steel)