• 115 results
Posted by RBT (4137 posts) 1 year, 4 months ago

Poll: Gwen Tennyson vs Wonder Woman (52 votes)

Gwen Tennyson( Usual AF and UA). 48%
Wonder Woman( Diana- Justice League Cartoon) 52%
#51 Edited by Hyperlight (5705 posts) - - Show Bio

gwen

#52 Edited by RBT (4137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Evil Incarnate No. He didn't know the whole fight. But he was offensive for at most 10 seconds. I am not denying than she's durable. But comparing her strength or durability to Superman is just wrong. Heck she was knocked out by electricity(in ep. where Bruce and Diana dance).

And how exactly will Diana land that one blow? Gwen's shield can hold to Humongasaur. And Humangosaur is more powerful than Diana. I gave Joker example to show how much brain Diana uses when fighting. Gwen outsmarts her.

#53 Edited by RBT (4137 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim said:

First off looking at the fact that this is animated wonder woman I dont think gwen would even need full anodite form to win. Animated JLU wonder woman had trouble taking on krakens, while base form gwen has shown power enough to stop time. Block an asteriod belt, seal interdimentional demons. She would be able to at the least in her base form stalemate diana

As for her anodite form. There is literally no form of wonder woman comic or otherwise that can defeat gwen in that form. If in her base form she is stopping time, teleporting and using telekinesis. Imagine her fighting in her anodite form. Heck remember when the dagon was controling her? Humongasour one of bens physically most powerful and durable aliens was literally crushed by her just closing her hand

Exactly my point.

#54 Edited by Struffer98 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Gwen doesn't need to go into her anodite form to beat cartoon version of Wonder Woman.

#55 Edited by Evil Incarnate (3822 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@Evil Incarnate No. He didn't know the whole fight. But he was offensive for at most 10 seconds. I am not denying than she's durable. But comparing her strength or durability to Superman is just wrong. Heck she was knocked out by electricity(in ep. where Bruce and Diana dance).

And how exactly will Diana land that one blow? Gwen's shield can hold to Humongasaur. And Humangosaur is more powerful than Diana. I gave Joker example to show how much brain Diana uses when fighting. Gwen outsmarts her.

Sure as hell looks like he was on the offense for a lot more than ten seconds.

WW vs Superman JLAU

Furthermore you haven't proven how Gwen compensates for Diana's, speed, durability nor strength. You're whole argument relies on Gwen being fast enough to defensively shield herself from Diana or for Gwen to outsmart her. It'll take one punch to end Gwen.

#56 Edited by RBT (4137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Evil Incarnet Gwen is definitely fast enough. In ep. when Helen and Manny debuted, she easily was able to hold herself against Helen all while protecting a passed out Ben. So, she definitely will be able to pull up a shield before Diana can punch her. In cartoon, Diana never did anything which shows she's even as fast as Jetray let alone an XLR8 running and shooting at her.

Her shieds can hold humongosaur, so can definitely stop Diana.

#57 Edited by Evil Incarnate (3822 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@Evil Incarnet Gwen is definitely fast enough. In ep. when Helen and Manny debuted, she easily was able to hold herself against Helen all while protecting a passed out Ben. So, she definitely will be able to pull up a shield before Diana can punch her. In cartoon, Diana never did anything which shows she's even as fast as Jetray let alone an XLR8 running and shooting at her.

Her shieds can hold humongosaur, so can definitely stop Diana.

Sidenote: You're not quoting/replying to me correctly because you're not spelling my username correctly, which is why it took so long for me to reply because I didn't know you responded to me.

Do you have a clip?

Secondly do you have evidence that Humungousaur is stronger than Diana? I'm aware that it's bigger than she is, but size doesn't automatically equate to being sronger.

#58 Posted by RBT (4137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Evil Incarnate I can't do anything about replying thing. I'm using mobile and it doesn't give options like 'reply' or 'quote'.

Clip of what? Gwen vs Helen? No, I don't. But it happened.

Actually yeah, I do have evidence that Humongosaur-in his weakest form- is stronger than Diana. In first season Diana couldn't stop a missile. While Humongosaur was able to catch falling Washington Tower and put it back.

#59 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3822 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@Evil Incarnate I can't do anything about replying thing. I'm using mobile and it doesn't give options like 'reply' or 'quote'.

Clip of what? Gwen vs Helen? No, I don't. But it happened.

Actually yeah, I do have evidence that Humongosaur-in his weakest form- is stronger than Diana. In first season Diana couldn't stop a missile. While Humongosaur was able to catch falling Washington Tower and put it back.

Okay so he grows in size and as he grows so does his strength. The question then becomes what size was he when Gwen stopped him and was he attempting to break out of her construct?

#60 Posted by RBT (4137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Evil Incarnate He's in his base size. 9ft. She's easily stopped him then and almost crushed him by just closing her hand(kinda like telekinins) when she's in her anodite form.

#61 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3822 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@Evil Incarnate He's in his base size. 9ft. She's easily stopped him then and almost crushed him by just closing her hand(kinda like telekinins) when she's in her anodite form.

So she was in her most powerful form and he wasn't?

Neither you nor anyone else has been able to show evidence that Gwen is durable enough to take a punch from Wonder Woman nor fast enough to catch her. Furthermore I've seen her shields broken so they're not as impenetrable as you and a bunch of others are making it seem.

#62 Posted by RBT (4137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Evil Incarnate Depends on who you mean by she.

When Gwen just stopped Humongosaur, she's not in her most powerful state, niether was he. When Gwen almost crushed him, she's one step lower than her most powerful state and he's again in his base state.

Yes, Gwen's constriuct can be broken. Depends on how much effort she's put into it. Sometimes it is broken by a simple big boulder and sometimes it can withstand an explosion which can clear everything in 2 mile radius.

#63 Edited by RBT (4137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Evil Incarnate No, Gwen is not durable enough to take a punch from Diana. Not in her human form at least. She can take some mighty blow when in Anodite form.

Though she's definitely fast enough. She kept up with Helen while protecting Ben.

#64 Edited by Evil Incarnate (3822 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@Evil Incarnate No, Gwen is not durable enough to take a punch from Diana. Not in her human form at least. She can take some mighty blow when in Anodite form.

Though she's definitely fast enough. She kept up with Helen while protecting Ben.

Can you post ANY videos of any of the feats that you're claiming?

#65 Posted by RBT (4137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Evil Incarnate Not now. I'm using a mobile. But later today. Its only 6am here.

#66 Posted by Perpetr8rMike (590 posts) - - Show Bio

@evil_incarnate: Their Grandmother was preparing to kill Gwen to release her Anodite form. If Diana hits her.. she unleashes Gwen to her true Anodite form which can beat Diana.

#67 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

WW blitz

#68 Posted by RBT (4137 posts) - - Show Bio

@evil_incarnate: Their Grandmother was preparing to kill Gwen to release her Anodite form. If Diana hits her.. she unleashes Gwen to her true Anodite form which can beat Diana.

This.

In the end it doesn't matter if Gwen can pull up a shield in time or not. And what's Diana's speed here anyway? In whole series she hardly showed her speeding skills. I don't think she even went mach 1(correct me if I'm wrong).

And remember what Mongul did to Diana. She hurt her hand trying to hit him. And Superman easily-very easily- defeated him. So, Diana is nowhere close to Supes in the series. Again she was knocked out by electricity. Not very durable is she?

#69 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3822 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@perpetr8rmike said:

This.

In the end it doesn't matter if Gwen can pull up a shield in time or not. And what's Diana's speed here anyway? In whole series she hardly showed her speeding skills. I don't think she even went mach 1(correct me if I'm wrong).

And remember what Mongul did to Diana. She hurt her hand trying to hit him. And Superman easily-very easily- defeated him. So, Diana is nowhere close to Supes in the series. Again she was knocked out by electricity. Not very durable is she?

She'll unleash the side of Gwen that Gwen herself can't control if Wonder Woman decides to kill her? Nice it's not as if WW has to kill her to beat her.

In the episode Maid of Honor Part II you can see Wonder Woman casually dodge and catch military jets, which on average travel between Mach 3 - 6.

Being beat by Mongul isn't a blow to her character as he's insanely stronger and more durable than she is. You act as if he would've been casually beaten by Ben or Gwen using pure strength alone.

Electricity is like God in the JLAU many characters including Superman have been hurt or knocked unconscious by it it. Also once again you say it like Gwen casually uses electricity.

#70 Edited by RBT (4137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Evil_Incarnate Who said Gwen can't control her anodite form? Verdona(Gwen's grandmother) thought than Gwen won't be able to revert back to her human body if she ever goes into Anodite form. But that didn't happen. She's a prodigy. She went into Anodite 3 times, 2 times willingly and came back without a problem. She knows what she's doing in anodite form.

Diana used her lasso to catch the missiles. In Gorilla Grodd episode, she stopped a missile whose strain killed her for a moment.

#71 Posted by RBT (4137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Evil_incarnate No. Superman was NEVER knocked out by electricty(again, correct me if I'm wrong). Even when Diana was fighting Superman, she used electricty on him which didn't stop him for a second.

Mongul is strong, but hurting your hand when hitting him. That's not impressive. Gwen in her Andodite state can beat him, and so can Ben.

#72 Posted by Abocado (666 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman

#73 Edited by Evil Incarnate (3822 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@Evil_Incarnate Who said Gwen can't control her anodite form? Verdona(Gwen's grandmother) thought than Gwen won't be able to revert back to her human body if she ever goes into Anodite form. But that didn't happen. She's a prodigy. She went into Anodite 3 times, 2 times willingly and came back without a problem. She knows what she's doing in anodite form.

Diana used her lasso to catch the missiles. In Gorilla Grodd episode, she stopped a missile whose strain killed her for a moment.

That's nice do you have any sort of proof that she's durable or fast enough to take a punch or evade Wonder Woman?

Yes she did use her lasso to catch a missile, however in the same episode in fact a few frames later you see her catch up to one of the jets and rip the pilot out. The whole point of this argument was to try to get a range of her speed. Catching up to a jet and being fast enough to take out her lasso and catch a missile still put her reflexes and speed above anything that you've shown for Gwen.

@rbt said:

@Evil_incarnate No. Superman was NEVER knocked out by electricty(again, correct me if I'm wrong). Even when Diana was fighting Superman, she used electricty on him which didn't stop him for a second.

Mongul is strong, but hurting your hand when hitting him. That's not impressive. Gwen in her Andodite state can beat him, and so can Ben.

In the battle with Darkseid and Braniac Superman was knocked unconscious by Brainiac's electrical attack and Darkseid's omega beams. In the War World Part 1 episode where Superman first encounters Mongul he's weakened so much so by touch and electrical force field that one laser beam from a robot knocks him out. In the War World Part 2 episode he's beaten to a pulp and nearly killed by robots using electrical attacks until Martian Manhunter saves him by getting the crowd to chant his name thus having Mongul spare his life. Just about everyone has had a bad showing against electricity in the JLAU hell even Martian Manhunter was knocked unconscious in the episode The Blackest Night Part 1. Furthermore you make it seem as if she has to be resistant to electric attacks to beat Gwen, which she doesn't. Does Gwen use electrical attacks that Wonder Woman would have to be careful of?

Mongul is strong and durable. Do you have ANY proof that Gwen or Ben can beat Mongul in a physical confrontation? That does not mean Gwen uses her mana absorbing attacks, etc, but a physical straight up altercation or am I just supposed to take your word for it as apparently I am everything else as you've shown nor recounted detailed evidence nor proof for any of your points.

#74 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3822 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: Seeing as you didn't actually provide and proof of Gwen's speed I was able to locate the episode you spoke of in which she protected Ben while fighting off Helen. The way you spoke of it made it seem like she was successfully able to tag and defeat Helen, which was actually not the case. Helen only used her speed defensively and easily dodged ALL of Gwen's attacks to the point Gwen literally said "Stand Still." When Helen then decided to use her speed offensively she easily ran circle around Gwen and knocked her to the ground. The biggest argument you attempted to provide for Gwen's speed didn't even happen the way you made it out to sound.

#75 Posted by RBT (4137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Evil Incarnate Okay. I agree with your electricty theory.

About Helen arguement, I NEVER said Gwen can match her speed. No, I said that she's able to pull up a shield quick enough to stop her attacks(where she was using her powerd by zigzag-ing). And when Gwen was knocked unconcious, she's actually distracted(watch it again). She had her eyes off Helen.

Anyways it doesn't matter. If Diana does manage to hit Gwen, she'll only unleash her Anodite form which can literally crush her.

#76 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3822 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@Evil Incarnate Okay. I agree with your electricty theory.

About Helen arguement, I NEVER said Gwen can match her speed. No, I said that she's able to pull up a shield quick enough to stop her attacks(where she was using her powerd by zigzag-ing). And when Gwen was knocked unconcious, she's actually distracted(watch it again). She had her eyes off Helen.

Anyways it doesn't matter. If Diana does manage to hit Gwen, she'll only unleash her Anodite form which can literally crush her.

Nothing in that portion proves that Gwen would be fast enough to get a shield up before getting blitzed while I will admit that Helen did wait for Gwen to be distracted before she blitzed her it's not as if she attempted to do so before and was blocked by Gwen in any shape, way or form. So that argument is still a loss because there's no proof that she could make it in time let alone that it would hold against someome with Wonder Woman's strength bashing into it at hypersonic speeds.

Let's discuss this portion of your and pretty much everyone who's siding with Gwen argument.

1. Verdona (The grandmother) was going to destroy Gwen's physical body so that she would become an energy being full time. This brings about the question of what exactly would have happened when her physical body was destroyed. Would she automatically turn into an Anodite and be fully conscious or would she be unconscious because she was killed and eventually awaken in her Anodite form? I'm aware that you can't answer that question because Gwen's body wasn't destroyed thus never giving us an answer, however that also means that you can't blatantly say she would be fully conscious and able to fight after having her body destroyed. Meaning you have no argument unless you can prove otherwise.

2. In the same episode Verdona was nearly beaten by Ben, Kevin and Gwen and would have been had Kevin not stopped because he felt uncomfortable hitting Gwen's grandma. She was tied up and beaten physically to the point she weakened and had to draw more mana. What's to stop Wonder Woman who's stronger, faster, more durable and better skilled from tying her up via the lasso and beating her?

#77 Posted by RBT (4137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Evil Incarnate Gwen has gone into her Anodite form before without passing out. So, it supports the theory that she'll be concious. There's nothing to prove she'll be unconcious.

Verdona was almost beated by them? She flicked Jetray and Kevin away literally without trying. And she's going easy on them the other time. They were her family and hurting them was never her intention. All she wanted was Gwen to come with her. She could've easily destroyed all of them if she wanted. She underestimated them though.

#78 Edited by Evil Incarnate (3822 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@Evil Incarnate Gwen has gone into her Anodite form before without passing out. So, it supports the theory that she'll be concious. There's nothing to prove she'll be unconcious.

Verdona was almost beated by them? She flicked Jetray and Kevin away literally without trying. And she's going easy on them the other time. They were her family and hurting them was never her intention. All she wanted was Gwen to come with her. She could've easily destroyed all of them if she wanted. She underestimated them though.

Gwen went into her Anidote form of her own accord. Meaning she she did it intentionally in the particular scenario she was going to be force to morph after being physically beaten. Your counter argument to Wonder Woman blitzing and hitting her and possibly killing her was that if she did that Gwen would morph into an Anidote and be conscious and continue the fight. You cannot prove that that would be the case as Gwen has never had her body destroyed thus you don't know if she'd be conscious if Wonder Woman literally hit her so hard that her head flew off and her human body was destroyed. If you somehow can prove this then please inform me.

So a very well experienced Anidote was nearly beaten by three kids whom she underestimated, but an inexperienced Anidote is going to easily beat someone who's faster, stronger, more durable and a better fighter?

The grandma was damaged physically enough to where she was almost beaten and would have been if not for Kevin stopping his assault. Whether it was do to the fact that she went easy on them or underestimated them is of doesn't matter because it still goes to show that she can be beat by physical means. The small scuffle she had with them literally weakened her to the point where she had to draw more energy at one point she was literally tied up in spider web and immobilized. In fact the point in which she started to weaken is when Gwen who has no super strength hit her. I fail to see how Wonder Woman who is stronger, faster, and more skilled than anyone who was fighting couldn't tie Gwen up and pound her and until she was weak and unconscious.

#79 Posted by RBT (4137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Evil Incarnate No. The first time when Gwen transformed, during invasion, it was not willingly. She got mad and transformed. Also, Diana can at most destroy her physical body(which a/c Verdona is like a cloth)but not her.She'll be very much alive.You can't prove that she'll be unconcious either.

Remeber when Gwen transformed into an anodite during invasion.She said she could easily stop the whole invasion.Even Ben couldn't do that.

Again,she underestimated them.And she was weakened by Gwen's mana attack.

#80 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3822 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@Evil Incarnate No. The first time when Gwen transformed, during invasion, it was not willingly. She got mad and transformed. Also, Diana can at most destroy her physical body(which a/c Verdona is like a cloth)but not her.She'll be very much alive.You can't prove that she'll be unconcious either.

Remeber when Gwen transformed into an anodite during invasion.She said she could easily stop the whole invasion.Even Ben couldn't do that.

Again,she underestimated them.And she was weakened by Gwen's mana attack.

So If I can't prove it and you can't disprove it it makes it a moot point, which means there's no reason for you to bring it up as fact.

All in all if you go through our argument you haven't proven anything to be completely honest. The biggest thing you were attempting to prove was that if she had her physical body destroyed she'd be conscious in her other form, which you haven't and would then stomp.

Gwen hasn't proved she's fast, strong, skilled nor durable enough in either form to take Wonder Woman.

#81 Edited by RBT (4137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Evil Incarnate Either form?! Ok let me list all of Gwen's power as an anodite-

Flight

Telepathy

Teleportation

Mana Manipulation

Limited Reality Warp

Healing

Spell Casting

Telikienins

Object Creation

Life Sensing

Portal Creation

Teleportation

I'm missing a few. So, still pinning for Diana to win?

#82 Edited by Evil Incarnate (3822 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@Evil Incarnate Either form?! Ok let me list all of Gwen's power as an anodite-

Flight

Telepathy

Teleportation

Mana Manipulation

Limited Reality Warp

Healing

Spell Casting

Telikienins

Object Creation

Life Sensing

Portal Creation

Teleportation

I'm missing a few. So, still pinning for Diana to win?

Please explain to me how that means anything if Diana hits her and knocks her unconscious before she has the chance to use any of her powers? Simply listing her abilities does not guarantee her a win and you once again have NOT proven nor made a case for Gwen.

All of your points were either disproved or have no effect on the outcome of the battle. This is not going to play out like it does in the cartoon neither combatant is going to dick around. Diana is not going to wait for Gwen to transform or get mad enough to transform. You've made no case.

#83 Posted by RBT (4137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Evil Incarnate Oh, yeah I just remembered. Gwen, in her human form, is very durable as well. Remember when the original NRG got out of his suite and fired a huge nuclear blast at her. She didn't even had a scrach on her body. It just stunned her since she's not expecting the blow at all.

Again, Diana is not quick enough. Only feat you've shown of her speed is that she managed to catch those missiles with her lasso. That's not speed. Its precision which comes with training, which she had.

#84 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3822 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@Evil Incarnate Oh, yeah I just remembered. Gwen, in her human form, is very durable as well. Remember when the original NRG got out of his suite and fired a huge nuclear blast at her. She didn't even had a scrach on her body. It just stunned her since she's not expecting the blow at all.

Again, Diana is not quick enough. Only feat you've shown of her speed is that she managed to catch those missiles with her lasso. That's not speed. Its precision which comes with training, which she had.

Which episode was that from I'm sure I can find and dispute it as I have most of your other arguments.

In the same exact episode where she caught the missile she flew up to a speeding jet and ripped the pilot out of it and threw him. I literally told you this before when you only mentioned the missile feat. You're going around in circles because you're running out of possible ways for Gwen to win.

#85 Edited by RBT (4137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Evil Incarnate Its from ep. Too hot to handle.

Ripping out a pilot from a jet is-again called having great reflexes. Anyways, which episode is it from?

Did I mention that Anodite's bodies are omnipotent? Like actually omnipotent? Also Gwen know magic. What stopping her from putting Diana into sleep before she even has chance to do anything? Afterall, all it takes to say a word is less than half a second.

Gwen can defeat Diana in many ways-

By crushing her using telekinins.

Using GL type constructs...

#86 Edited by Evil Incarnate (3822 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@Evil Incarnate Its from ep. Too hot to handle.

Ripping out a pilot from a jet is-again called having great reflexes. Anyways, which episode is it from?

Did I mention that Anodite's bodies are omnipotent? Like actually omnipotent? Also Gwen know magic. What stopping her from putting Diana into sleep before she even has chance to do anything? Afterall, all it takes to say a word is less than half a second.

Gwen can defeat Diana in many ways-

By crushing her using telekinins.

Using GL type constructs...

I just watched the episode and she was literally knocked unconscious and out of the sky and would have hit the ground unless Ben had saved her that proves absolutely NOTHING. Diana does not have to kill her she can knock her out.

I need you to very carefully read my post. I said she caught up to a speeding jet and then ripped him out of the pilot seat. Catching up to a speeding jet would imply that she's fast while being able to rip open the metal would imply that she's strong none of this has to do with her reflexes. It's from Maid of Honor. Also feel free to watch the episode called Hawk and Dove and you'll see Wonder Woman use her super speed to save both Hawk and Dove and then in another scenario in the same episode she is fast enough to catch Hawk who's using his super speed to race towards Dove.

#87 Posted by Perpetr8rMike (590 posts) - - Show Bio

@evil_incarnate: I think your letting your love of the Comic version cloud your judgement. AF and UF Gwen is damn powerful. Without her Anodite body she is a caster to be feared. She has shown as a 10 year old to be on par magically with wizards/sorcerers with decades of experience and she has had a few months. This is her 5/6 years later with that many extra years added. Experience in both her Mana Magic as well as having quickly learned how to use her Anodite abilities without shedding her human form.

She can do that at will btw.

Gwen physically can fight Diana only through use of her constructs and her telekinesis via them. Diana is fast and strong but she was never depicted as Lightspeed in the series as she is in the comics.

#88 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3822 posts) - - Show Bio

@evil_incarnate:

I think your letting your love of the Comic version cloud your judgement. AF and UF Gwen is damn powerful. Without her Anodite body she is a caster to be feared. She has shown as a 10 year old to be on par magically with wizards/sorcerers with decades of experience and she has had a few months. This is her 5/6 years later with that many extra years added. Experience in both her Mana Magic as well as having quickly learned how to use her Anodite abilities without shedding her human form.

She can do that at will btw.

Gwen physically can fight Diana only through use of her constructs and her telekinesis via them. Diana is fast and strong but she was never depicted as Lightspeed in the series as she is in the comics.

1. No one has to be light speed to blitz Gwen. Helen did it and she isn't light speed.

2. As you said WW is too fast and strong in a straight up fight meaning that she could blitz her.

This argument keeps going around in circles.

#89 Posted by RBT (4137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Evil Incarnate She's hit by a nuclear blast which would've vaporized any other human and that counts as NOTHING. Don't know how to counter that. She was not uncouncious. Uncouncious people don't gain conciousness in 10 second. She's stunned because she's not expecting the blow.

You didn't reply how Diana will be able to survive Gwen's telekeinins which posses power to crush H-saur, a more powerful creature. Also, she's basically a Green Lantern(kinda). And yeah, what about making Diana fall asleep?

#90 Posted by RBT (4137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Evil Incarnate No, you are keeping this arguement in circle. Wasn't it eastablished that Gwen was distracted when Helen blitz her? So, that doesn't count.

#91 Posted by morgrim (1026 posts) - - Show Bio

Gwen has put up in seconds shields strong enough to block an asteroid belt and protect from a null void grenade. Even though wonder woman would break through eventually that would provide gwen with enough time to either transform or start using the time manipulation spells

#92 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3822 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@Evil Incarnate No, you are keeping this arguement in circle. Wasn't it eastablished that Gwen was distracted when Helen blitz her? So, that doesn't count.

Gwen is not nor has she ever shown speed to be able to keep up with those of super speed. She couldn't even hit Helen and literally asked her to stand still. Yeah I'm absolutely sure she could use her powers on Wonder Woman if WW stood still. There's nothing to stop Diana from blitzing her while deflecting her attacks.

#93 Posted by RBT (4137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Evil Incarnate How do you deflect magic or telekinesis? Diana can't break Gwen's construct in one blow anyways. Her shield had withstood tougher situations(null void greneade, astroid belt, Humonagosaur). All Gwen need to do is say, "Somnus" and she'll win.

#94 Edited by Evil Incarnate (3822 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@Evil Incarnate How do you deflect magic or telekinesis? Diana can't break Gwen's construct in one blow anyways. Her shield had withstood tougher situations(null void greneade, astroid belt, Humonagosaur). All Gwen need to do is say, "Somnus" and she'll win.

For one it depends on the magic. If she were to say throw a magic bolt than it could easily be deflected.

This is what this match boils down to is Gwen fast enough to act or react to Wonder Woman's speed? If yes prove it if no then she gets blitzed.

So far the only real encounter we have with Gwen when it comes to speed is Helen, which is someone you brought up and someone who completely schooled Gwen.

#95 Posted by mcool135 (413 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Women wins with little difficulty. I'm surprised people even said Gwen would win. (Obviously people who don't know what they're talking about)

#96 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3822 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcool135 said:

Wonder Women wins with little difficulty. I'm surprised people even said Gwen would win. (Obviously people who don't know what they're talking about)

This isn't a well balanced fight all around. You have two people with completely different power sets clashing against one another for Gwen to stand a chance WW would have to be reduced in speed, which wouldn't make it fair as it would just tip the battle into Gwen's favor. A better match would have been Gwen vs Raven from the Teen Titans cartoon as their powers are more similar. I believe that one was already created.

#97 Edited by Perpetr8rMike (590 posts) - - Show Bio

@evil_incarnate: Again if Diana does blitz her all she has done is destroy the physical form of Gwen releasing her anodite form. Anodite Gwen will beat her.

Also Gwen is not that slow she has her mana magic at the ready during any fight so Diana might be fast but she didn't speedblitz Mongul who was shown to be no speedster at all. Your getting the comics mixed up again. She was not shown at being very fast at all.

@mcool135:

You do know this is the Wonder woman from the tv cartoon Justice League right? Not the comic version?

#98 Posted by mcool135 (413 posts) - - Show Bio

@evil_incarnate:

Again if Diana does blitz her all she has done is destroy the physical form of Gwen releasing her anodite form. Anodite Gwen will beat her.

Also Gwen is not that slow she has her mana magic at the ready during any fight so Diana might be fast but she didn't speedblitz Mongul who was shown to be no speedster at all. Your getting the comics mixed up again. She was not shown at being very fast at all.

@mcool135:

You do know this is the Wonder woman from the tv cartoon Justice League right? Not the comic version?

Yes, I can read thank you... Wonder Women in the Justice League cartoon still has the speed and strength needed to take Gwen down. Those two ability's alone will overwhelm Gwen.

#99 Edited by Evil Incarnate (3822 posts) - - Show Bio

@perpetr8rmike said:

@evil_incarnate:

Again if Diana does blitz her all she has done is destroy the physical form of Gwen releasing her anodite form. Anodite Gwen will beat her.

@mcool135:

I'm pretty sure I know where this discussion between you and I will lead, which is the same way it lead with the creator of the thread.

He said in the cartoon WW never displayed super speed and I showed him instances in which she did.

He said that Gwen would change into her Anidote form once her body was destroyed such as when her grandma attempted to do so and I explained that seeing as her grandma failed in that attempt and her body was not destroyed we have no way of knowing whether or not she would have been fully conscious once her physical form was destroyed and she became an energy being. For all anyone knows once her grandma would have destroyed her body she could have been knocked out and woken up in her Anidote form on another planet the thread creator and you seem to believe that once her physical form is destroyed she would become an Anidote and retain her consciousness and wouldn't have knocked out from the pain that would have been suffered during her death. Seeing as neither one of us could come up with a definitive answers as Gwen wasn't killed we had to decide that saying she would automatically turn into her Anidote form and stomp isn't a valid argument. Unless you can prove otherwise.

#100 Edited by mcool135 (413 posts) - - Show Bio

@perpetr8rmike said:

@evil_incarnate:

@mcool135:

I'm pretty sure I know where this discussion between you and I will lead, which is the same way it lead with the creator of the thread.

He said in the cartoon WW never displayed super speed and I showed him instances in which she did.

He said that Gwen would change into her Anidote form once her body was destroyed such as when her grandma attempted to do so and I explained that seeing as her grandma failed in that attempt and her body was not destroyed we have no way of knowing whether or not she would have been fully conscious once her physical form was destroyed and she became an energy being. For all anyone knows once her grandma would have destroyed her body she could have been knocked out and woken up in her Anidote form on another planet the thread creator and you seem to believe that once her physical form is destroyed she would become an Anidote and retain her consciousness and wouldn't have knocked out from the pain that would have been suffered during her death. Seeing as neither one of us could come up with a definitive answers as Gwen wasn't killed we had to decide that saying she would automatically turn into her Anidote form and stomp isn't a valid argument. Unless you can prove otherwise.

Agreed. The sheer fact that Diana is able to block bullets is proof enough that she retains her speed because how else would she be able to knock away freaking bullets if she didn't have speed?