• 115 results
Posted by RBT (4132 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Gwen Tennyson vs Wonder Woman (52 votes)

Gwen Tennyson( Usual AF and UA). 48%
Wonder Woman( Diana- Justice League Cartoon) 52%
#1 Posted by morgrim (1020 posts) - - Show Bio

If she is in anodite form then she stomps without a doubt

#2 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see Gwen winning unless she goes in that other form.

#3 Posted by JediXMan (30206 posts) - - Show Bio

Even if she goes into the Anodite form, I believe Wonder Woman's Lasso is capable of grabbing intangible creatures. Could be wrong.

#4 Posted by Phylos (2641 posts) - - Show Bio

What is Gwen capable of in her Anodite form?

#5 Posted by Juiceboks (8402 posts) - - Show Bio

She wins in anodite form. Her 15 year old body gets one shotted though.

#6 Posted by randomcharachter (323 posts) - - Show Bio

What are Gwen's feats?

#7 Edited by RBT (4132 posts) - - Show Bio

@phylos: Well she's a complete energy being formed of mana and can suck mana from almost anything. Kinda like a Green Lantern only more powerful since she's made of mana.

#8 Posted by RBT (4132 posts) - - Show Bio

@randomcharachter: Gwen when not even completely into her anodite form was able to blast a Highbreed commander(who are powerful) away to a very impressive distance. Again without completely going in her anodite form she was able to almost crush Humangosaur(One of Ben's most powerful alien) (when Diagon took control of her.)

#9 Edited by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

Morals? That's a big factor in this fight.

#10 Posted by Perpetr8rMike (590 posts) - - Show Bio

Gwen can literally remove the life from Wonder Woman till she is too weak to continue the fight. Her Andolite form is just a full version of her powers but she can create barriers, platforms, etc similar to Green Lantern, she can also use Life force (Mana) to track people and such.
A good test of her barrier was when Max Tennyson (Her grandpa) used a Nullvoid Grenade of sorts to take himself and a Highbreed Commander out, at the time this was thought to have killed them but instead sucked everything around them into the Nullvoid. Gwen was able to create a barrier and withstand the pressure of a dimensional shifting device. So her barriers can be pretty powerful when she wants them to be.

#11 Posted by RBT (4132 posts) - - Show Bio

Morals are on. They won't kill.

#12 Posted by RBT (4132 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see Gwen winning unless she goes in that other form.

In both AF and UA she's capable of going into her anodite form.

#13 Edited by NeonGameWave (7712 posts) - - Show Bio

Gwen destroys Wonder Woman.

#14 Edited by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@sideslash said:

If morals are on, Gwen won't go Anodite.

She only does it when bloodlusted.

And Wonder Woman has gone for a kill shot before with normal morals (she's sliced open Superman's throat with her tiara before with morals on).

#15 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (3978 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@sideslash said:

If morals are on, Gwen won't go Anodite.

She only does it when bloodlusted.

And Wonder Woman has gone for a kill shot before with normal morals (she's sliced open Superman's throat with her tiara before with morals on).

She has done this in the Justice League Cartoon? I must have missed that ep. which one is it again?

#16 Posted by RBT (4132 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideslash Gwen has NEVER been bloodlusted. What are you talking about? Out of the trio, she's most careful with her powers. Ben was hell ben on'taking down' Ultimate Kevin and we all know how Kevin is. Gwen goes into anodite mode when she's very ANGRY. But even then she's shown restraint( not killing Zombozo). Believe me, she's the last out of trio who'll ever attempt to kill sombody.

#17 Edited by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordofallhumans: Only just realised it's animated Diana. She still wins.

@rbt said:

@sideslash Gwen has NEVER been bloodlusted. What are you talking about? Out of the trio, she's most careful with her powers. Ben was hell ben on'taking down' Ultimate Kevin and we all know how Kevin is. Gwen goes into anodite mode when she's very ANGRY. But even then she's shown restraint( not killing Zombozo). Believe me, she's the last out of trio who'll ever attempt to kill sombody.

Like when the Highbreed was going to kill Kevin (Alien Force finale), she got bloodlusted in order to protect Kevin, and even resisted Kevin talking her down.

The Zombozo incident I was actually going to reference. She was gradually getting more and more bloodlusted over the course of that episode, especially since Zombozo had kidnapped her aunt.

Yes, she's shown restraint, but that doesn't mean she wasn't bloodlusted.

#18 Posted by RBT (4132 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideslash She's NOT resisting Kevin taking her down. Kevin was trying to calm her down because it was her first time being in anodite form. And thing could've gotten ugly. She got into the anodite form because of her love for Kevin and anger at Highbredd commander. Also, if she were bloodlusted in Hit them where they live, just how many microsecond would it have taken her to slice Zombozo's head off? Not much. She was scaring him which was pretty sucessful.

#19 Edited by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@sideslash She's NOT resisting Kevin taking her down. Kevin was trying to calm her down because it was her first time being in anodite form. And thing could've gotten ugly. She got into the anodite form because of her love for Kevin and anger at Highbredd commander. Also, if she were bloodlusted in Hit them where they live, just how many microsecond would it have taken her to slice Zombozo's head off? Not much. She was scaring him which was pretty sucessful.

She was. Kevin was trying to talk her down, and she replied, almost word for word:

No! With this power, I-I could stop the whole invasion!

Kevin had to pretty much beg her to return to her human form. Bloodlusted, she stomped the Highbreed with a single move. Kevin was trying to talk her down because she was bloodlusted

During the Zombozo incident, in Hit Em Where They Live, she was still bloodlusted. Again, her comment made was:

Spread the word to every lowlife you know; if you - or anyone else - goes after our family, it's not my cousin you need to worry about: It's ME!

Not her exact quote, but you get the idea. She's threatening him, pretty much with death if he ever dares to do it again. How is that not bloodlusted?

#20 Edited by Nefarious (19566 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman one-shots.

#21 Edited by RBT (4132 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideslash About the Highbreed invasion part. She's not bloodlusted, more like powerlusted. She's feeling that kind of power for the first time and she thought she could've stopped the whole invasion herself(this shows how powerful she's in her anodite form. Could WW has stopped that invasion single handely? No.) If she were bloodlusted her words should've contained 'kill those highbreeds0

About Zombozo, she's trying to scare him. If she'd wanted to kill him, he'd never had gotten chance to poof away.

#22 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@sideslash About the Highbreed invasion part. She's not bloodlusted, more like powerlusted. She's feeling that kind of power for the first time and she thought she could've stopped the whole invasion herself(this shows how powerful she's in her anodite form. Could WW has stopped that invasion single handely? No.) If she were bloodlusted her words should've contained 'kill those highbreeds0

About Zombozo, she's trying to scare him. If she'd wanted to kill him, he'd never had gotten chance to poof away.

She changed into an Anodite for the first time BECAUSE she was bloodlusted.

For all we know, stop the invasion could have meant killing them.

"Could WW have stopped that invasion single-handedly?"

Maybe. She could tear through all the Highbreed, DNAliens, and their ships and stuff. And since she doesn't tire, she could have done it for as long as she wanted to.

Yes, she was trying to scare him. But in the words of a true genius: "It's not about Zombozo, it's about sending a message."

#23 Posted by RBT (4132 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideslash Bloodlusted is a heavy word. Maybe if the commander had killed Kevin, then thought of killing him would be the first to pass through Gwen's(or anybody who liked/loved Kev)'s brain. But he didn't. So, its safe to say she transformed coz she was very angry and not bloodlusted.

Also, DNAliens are powerful and HB's are more. Taking thousands of them would've been a problem form even WW.And about her not getting tired-Wasn't that Batman's plan to take her out. Tire her enough till her heart gives out?

#24 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11990 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna guess that they aren't bloodlusted since it wasn't specified.....Wonder Woman one shots

#25 Posted by russellmania77 (14876 posts) - - Show Bio

wonder woman, i think she is above her in speed and strength

#26 Edited by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: The thing is, that was the exact threat the Highbreed used. He threatened to kill Kevin, then Gwen went Anodite.

The fact is, she's not going to go Anodite with normal morals. There's always been some emotional trigger that made her get real angry/bloodlusted. She's not here, so Diana kicks her through a mountain.

#27 Edited by Perpetr8rMike (590 posts) - - Show Bio

You people do realize this is the Justice League Cartoon version not the comic version of Wonder Woman right?
Gwen does not need to change forms to use her powers, she can do anything a GL can do and better as her power source is virtually endless she does not exhaust it.

This Diana who had trouble fighting more then three Thenogarians(sp?)[Hawkgirl's people] I doubt she could one shot anyone in the JL cartoon. She is strong but much more Muted.

Gwen would take this in a few moments.

#28 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3808 posts) - - Show Bio

You people do realize this is the Justice League Cartoon version not the comic version of Wonder Woman right?

Gwen does not need to change forms to use her powers, she can do anything a GL can do and better as her power source is virtually endless she does not exhaust it.

This Diana who had trouble fighting more then three Thenogarians(sp?)[Hawkgirl's people] I doubt she could one shot anyone in the JL cartoon. She is strong but much more Muted.

Yet she also beat Hawkgirl and Vixen and handled herself pretty well against Superman...

#29 Posted by Perpetr8rMike (590 posts) - - Show Bio

@evil_incarnate: Yes I am aware of her time in the JLU cartoon. But I mean she cannot One Shot at Light Speed anyone in this situation. She has no ability whatever so ever to go Light Speed, hell she has never been seen in the Series breathing in Space (Nither has Superman for that matter.)

#30 Posted by Juiceboks (8402 posts) - - Show Bio

@perpetr8rmike Gwen in her human body has never done anything that would make her more powerful than say Hal Jordan.

#31 Posted by Perpetr8rMike (590 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks: Not currently no I meant her constructs are typically as strong as his where depicted in the JLU show.

#32 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23867 posts) - - Show Bio

lol not even close,when she kills immortals,contain supernovas and black holes then we can talk.

#33 Edited by Perpetr8rMike (590 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011:

When did Wonder Woman do this in the JLU show?

Did you even bother to read the OP? and anyway I said a GL didn't say which one.

#34 Posted by RBT (4132 posts) - - Show Bio

@Evil Incarnate Yeah,for first few seconds Then Supes found out that he's fighting Diana and used his hand to defend himself. So that doesn't count. And Vixen is not really that powerul. Also, she's not the sharpest tool in the box. Once Joker threw a doll at her,which she CAUGHT and kept it in her hands for almost 2 seconds before it exploded.Gwen is brains of the group.

Also, in ep. where Toy man sent Supes back, Savage mentioned taking down GL was hardest. Gwen is more powerful than GL.

#35 Posted by MirrorWave4 (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

Gwen has magic greater than Lord Voldemort, and everybody knows what Voldemort can do to SUPERMAN on one of my threads. So has Wonder women a problem?

#36 Posted by MirrorWave4 (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

Gwen has magic greater than Lord Voldemort, and everybody knows what Voldemort can do to SUPERMAN on one of my threads. So has Wonder women a problem?

#37 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (23867 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011:

When did Wonder Woman do this in the JLU show?

Did you even bother to read the OP?

Did you even read what I posted?You said she was on GL power level,when I said:

"lol not even close,when she kills immortals,contain supernovas and black holes then we can talk."

I was referring to GL you should have at least saw that I underlined that specific part

@perpetr8rmike said:

lol not even close,when she kills immortals,contain supernovas and black holes then we can talk.

Now did you even read my post?

#38 Posted by Perpetr8rMike (590 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: No I read it, I was used to writing WW. Show me GL doing any of those things in the JLU universe. I will wait for pics.

#39 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (23867 posts) - - Show Bio

@perpetr8rmike said:

@dccomicsrule2011: No I read it, I was used to writing WW. Show me GL doing any of those things in the JLU universe. I will wait for pics.

I was referring to comic Gl not the cartoon version my mistake.

#40 Posted by RBT (4132 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 Yeah. We're talking about JLU cartoon. When did John Stewart did any of these things? And Vandal Savage mentioned that GL was harder to take down than Wonder Woman. That makes her an easier challange than Stewart. Gwen can do all Stewart does in JLU cartoon and better. When she's in her anodite form(we've only seen very few of it) she can par with Har Jordan(comics). Plus she's a sorceress. She's done many powerful spells. Remember 3 Gwens at same time in time heals?

#41 Edited by Perpetr8rMike (590 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: Yes this is about the JLU characters compared to Gwen. Stop bringing comics into this.

#42 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (23867 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@dccomicsrule2011 Yeah. We're talking about JLU cartoon. When did John Stewart did any of these things? And Vandal Savage mentioned that GL was harder to take down than Wonder Woman. That makes her an easier challange than Stewart. Gwen can do all Stewart does in JLU cartoon and better. When she's in her anodite form(we've only seen very few of it) she can par with Har Jordan(comics). Plus she's a sorceress. She's done many powerful spells. Remember 3 Gwens at same time in time heals?

I was referring to the comic version my mistake and even when in anodite form she is not on Comic Hal's level.

#43 Posted by Perpetr8rMike (590 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: No was anyone saying she was, We have not seen her full powers as an anodite as she is still very young and untrained in her full powers.

#44 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (23867 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: Yes this is about the JLU characters compared to Gwen. Stop bringing comics into this.

I already realized my mistake no need to get hostile.

@dccomicsrule2011: No was anyone saying she was, We have not seen her full powers as an anodite as she is still very young and untrained in her full powers.

rbt said she can be on par with comics Hal Jordan,and just because you are untrained that still does not mean we can put her on a level she is not on.

#45 Edited by morgrim (1020 posts) - - Show Bio

First off looking at the fact that this is animated wonder woman I dont think gwen would even need full anodite form to win. Animated JLU wonder woman had trouble taking on krakens, while base form gwen has shown power enough to stop time. Block an asteriod belt, seal interdimentional demons. She would be able to at the least in her base form stalemate diana

As for her anodite form. There is literally no form of wonder woman comic or otherwise that can defeat gwen in that form. If in her base form she is stopping time, teleporting and using telekinesis. Imagine her fighting in her anodite form. Heck remember when the dagon was controling her? Humongasour one of bens physically most powerful and durable aliens was literally crushed by her just closing her hand

#46 Edited by RBT (4132 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrules2011 I meant she's potential. She's one of the most powerful being of universe. And yes, she needs a lot of training and control before she'll be even close to Hal. Again, she has potential. Nad Gwen is the type of girl who always puch past her potentials(ep. Its not easy being Gwen- I think that was the name.)

#47 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23867 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@dccomicsrules2011 I meant she's potential. She's one of the most powerful being of universe. And yes, she needs a lot of training and control before she'll be even close to Hal. Again, she has potential. Nad Gwen is the type of girl who always puch past her potentials(ep. Its not easy being Gwen- I think that was the name.)

Fair enough.

#48 Posted by INFINITE_DOOM (265 posts) - - Show Bio

If Wonder Women destroys Gwen's human she will expose her anodite form, i'm going with gwen.

#49 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3808 posts) - - Show Bio

@evil_incarnate: Yes I am aware of her time in the JLU cartoon. But I mean she cannot One Shot at Light Speed anyone in this situation. She has no ability whatever so ever to go Light Speed, hell she has never been seen in the Series breathing in Space (Nither has Superman for that matter.)

She still clearly has the edge in speed, strength, skill and durability over Gwen,

#50 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3808 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@Evil Incarnate Yeah,for first few seconds Then Supes found out that he's fighting Diana and used his hand to defend himself. So that doesn't count. And Vixen is not really that powerul. Also, she's not the sharpest tool in the box. Once Joker threw a doll at her,which she CAUGHT and kept it in her hands for almost 2 seconds before it exploded.Gwen is brains of the group.

Also, in ep. where Toy man sent Supes back, Savage mentioned taking down GL was hardest. Gwen is more powerful than GL.

I'm sorry it doesn't count why? Because you said so? You act as if the entire match he knew that they were under a spell when in fact he knew towards the end of the fight. Also you act as if Gwen has any of the items Joker has at her disposal. Wonder Woman is still stronger, faster, more durable and better skilled than Gwen is. It'll only take one punch to end this.