Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Static Shock
Guy and Cody Travers.
Guy and Cody Travers.
Billy and Jimmy Lee.
Billy and Jimmy Lee.
Chance encounter in a Subway station. Guy and Cody have their special moves from Street Fighter Alpha, but not their Super Combos. Billy and Jimmy have their special moves from Double Dragon Advance and the Double Dragon Movie game, but not their Super Combos. Who wins?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

OMG..Guy and Cody with the CURBSTOMP.Cody is extremely violent..all he does is fight and Guy is one of the most skilled Ninja in the Capcom U.I don't know what Billy and Jimmy can do but from the games I played...doesn't look like much.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Static Shock
Vance Astro said:
"OMG..Guy and Cody with the CURBSTOMP.Cody is extremely violent..all he does is fight and Guy is one of the most skilled Ninja in the Capcom U."
Well, yeah... Don't think it's a curbstomp though... The Lee brothers are violent also...
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Static Shock said:
"Vance Astro said:
"OMG..Guy and Cody with the CURBSTOMP.Cody is extremely violent..all he does is fight and Guy is one of the most skilled Ninja in the Capcom U."
Well, yeah... Don't think it's a curbstomp though... The Lee brothers are violent also..."
Well I'm not sure of what they can really do..All I know about is Cody and Guy and I know Cody's violence got him thrown in jail 3 times in which he broke out so he could fight some more.I don't see the Lee Brother being on their level but I don't know maybe you could change my opinion.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Static Shock

Well, have you played the Double Dragon fighting game based on the movie? Play that game. It's a Neo Geo game. Download it and play it. Also, in Super Double Dragon and Double Dragon Advance, their combat system is very advanced compared to a lot of arcade beatup games (such as being able to block/parry, and counter attack).

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Static Shock said:
"Well, have you played the Double Dragon fighting game based on the movie? Play that game. It's a Neo Geo game. Download it and play it."
I played every Double Dragon.I know which one your talking about  and I have actually beaten it and I still don't see them being on Cody and Guy's level even though their Supers were extremely powerful.LOL I Can't believe someone other than me has played that...that game is horrible.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Static Shock
Vance Astro said:
"I played every Double Dragon.I know which one your talking about  and I have actually beaten it and I still don't see them being on Cody and Guy's level even though their Supers were extremely powerful.LOL I Can't believe someone other than me has played that...that game is horrible."

I liked it. Based on that game, and the combat system from Super Double Dragon and Double Dragon Advance, I don't think this will be a curbstomp. This is without Super Combos, BTW. Evens the playing field.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Static Shock said:
"Vance Astro said:
"I played every Double Dragon.I know which one your talking about  and I have actually beaten it and I still don't see them being on Cody and Guy's level even though their Supers were extremely powerful.LOL I Can't believe someone other than me has played that...that game is horrible."

I liked it. Based on that game, and the combat system from Super Double Dragon and Double Dragon Advance, I don't think this will be a curbstomp. This is without Super Combos, BTW. Evens the playing field."
I agree that would even the playing field.I think the difference here is skill and experience.Billy and Jimmy are just kids,Cody and Guy have taken down a major crime syndicate 3 times...4 actually if you count Street Wise.
LMFAO..I can't believe you like that game.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Static Shock
Vance Astro said:
"I agree that would even the playing field.I think the difference here is skill and experience.Billy and Jimmy are just kids,Cody and Guy have taken down a major crime syndicate 3 times...4 actually if you count Street Wise.
"

That sh!t was tight, man. Don't hate. LOL. And, Billy and Jimmy are actually grown men, about Guy and Cody's age. They are only depicted as kids in the movie, which doesn't even match continuity. I just added their special moves in there to even the playing field with the other team. And, also, Billy and Jimmy have fought against a major crime syndicate themselves, the Black Warriors. They have defeated them twice, as well as another syndictate in the Double Dragon 3.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Static Shock

And, they defeated the Shadow Warriors in Super Double Dragon.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Static Shock said:
"Vance Astro said:
"I agree that would even the playing field.I think the difference here is skill and experience.Billy and Jimmy are just kids,Cody and Guy have taken down a major crime syndicate 3 times...4 actually if you count Street Wise.
"

That sh!t was tight, man. Don't hate. LOL. And, Billy and Jimmy are actually grown men, about Guy and Cody's age. They are only depicted as kids in the movie, which doesn't even match continuity. I just added their special moves in there to even the playing field with the other team. And, also, Billy and Jimmy have fought against a major crime syndicate themselves, the Black Warriors. They have defeated them twice, as well as another syndictate in the Double Dragon 3."
Oh ok.
The Mad Gear Gang I think is more powerful than the Black Warriors.

But excluding the battle history...I still think Guy and Cody have the edge.Cody is willing to do whatever it takes to win and if we are using the current Cody..he has alot of experience between taking down the Mad Gear and being a part of the Street Fighter tournament.Guy is he master of his art he is the 38th Bushin Master and is very disciplined.In canon SFAlpha storyline..Cody and Guy did pretty well against Ken and Ryu.Guy actually fought Ryu in the SFA storyline but they erased that part of the storyline when they planned to make 2 more games...so they made it so Ryu didn't actually fight everyone in the tournament.I mean Billy and Jimmy are powerful and they look pretty good against common street thugs and some enhanced enemies but I don't see them being able to hang with Guy and Cody because of their experience with powerful opponents and their accomplishments as fighters.I mean for Cody as one man to basically own Metro City because gangs are scared of him is a pretty crazy feat.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Static Shock
Vance Astro said:
"Oh ok.

But excluding the battle history...I still think Guy and Cody have the edge.Cody is willing to do whatever it takes to win and if we are using the current Cody..he has alot of experience between taking down the Mad Gear and being a part of the Street Fighter tournament.Guy is he master of his art he is the 38th Bushin Master and is very disciplined.In canon SFAlpha storyline..Cody and Guy did pretty well against Ken and Ryu.Guy actually fought Ryu in the SFA storyline but they erased that part of the storyline when they planned to make 2 more games...so they made it so Ryu didn't actually fight everyone in the tournament.I mean Billy and Jimmy are powerful and they look pretty good against common street thugs and some enhanced enemies but I don't see them being able to hang with Guy and Cody because of their experience with powerful opponents and their accomplishments as fighters.I mean for Cody as one man to basically own Metro City because gangs are scared of him is a pretty crazy feat.
"

We'll finish this later. Got class in the morning. But, I do remember Guy defeating Evil Ryu in the manga. He blocked all of Evil Ryu attacks with his back turned. And, Guy took him out with one blow, making the 'evil intent' fade away.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I have class in 2 hours lol.

Hal_Jordan1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14  Edited By Hal_Jordan1986
Vance Astro said:
"OMG..Guy and Cody with the CURBSTOMP.Cody is extremely violent..all he does is fight and Guy is one of the most skilled Ninja in the Capcom U.I don't know what Billy and Jimmy can do but from the games I played...doesn't look like much."
Um no
Both Billy and Jimmy are at the very least on par with Guy in terms of ninjitsu skills
Cody is more of a brawler so hes going to be the weakest link here

And Billy and Jimmy also have a wide array of powers and weapons they could use to easily dispatch Cody and Guy
9th Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By 9th Wonder
Hal_Jordan1986 said:
"Vance Astro said:
"OMG..Guy and Cody with the CURBSTOMP.Cody is extremely violent..all he does is fight and Guy is one of the most skilled Ninja in the Capcom U.I don't know what Billy and Jimmy can do but from the games I played...doesn't look like much."
Um no
Both Billy and Jimmy are at the very least on par with Guy in terms of ninjitsu skills

And Billy and Jimmy also have a wide array of powers and weapons they could use to easily dispatch Cody and Guy
"
Hey look everyone..someone pretending to know what he's talking about!
Hal_Jordan1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hal_Jordan1986
9th Wonder said:
"Hal_Jordan1986 said:
"Vance Astro said:
Um no

"
Hey look everyone..someone pretending to know what he's talking about!"
Have you ever read any of the double dragon comics back in the 90's

didnt think so

so sit down and shut up ..  : I
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Hal_Jordan1986 said:
"9th Wonder said:
"Hal_Jordan1986 said:
"Vance Astro said:
Um no

"

didnt think so

so sit down and shut up ..  : I"
Don't make an @ss out of yourself by assuming...you don't know what anyone has read....
Hal_Jordan1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hal_Jordan1986
9th Wonder said:
"Hal_Jordan1986 said:
"Vance Astro said:
Um no

"
Since you know nothing about the subject allow me to educate you

If you played Final Fight SW
you would know that cody while a good street fighter/brawler, isnt up to par with guy or the either of the Lee's
Guy has excellent Ninjitsu ability
The only thing is the Lee's both have the power of the Dragon Force and other powers and magic that would make this a curbstomp in their favor

so do us all a favor and stfu
Hal_Jordan1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hal_Jordan1986
Vance Astro said:
"Hal_Jordan1986 said:
"9th Wonder said:
"Hal_Jordan1986 said:
"Vance Astro said:
Um no

"

didnt think so

Don't make an @ss out of yourself by assuming...you don't know what anyone has read...."
Billy and Jimmy win this in a curb stomp

anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot or hasnt read any of the DD comics

so either hes an idiot of hasnt read the comics
9th Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By 9th Wonder
Hal_Jordan1986 said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Hal_Jordan1986 said:
"9th Wonder said:
"Hal_Jordan1986 said:
"Vance Astro said:
Um no

"

didnt think so

Don't make an @ss out of yourself by assuming...you don't know what anyone has read...."

"
Maybe it's you that is the idiot.
Hal_Jordan1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hal_Jordan1986
9th Wonder said:
"Hal_Jordan1986 said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Hal_Jordan1986 said:
"9th Wonder said:
"Hal_Jordan1986 said:
"Vance Astro said:
Um no

"

didnt think so

"
Maybe it's you that is the idiot."
Despite the fact that ive beaten every FF and DD game and own every issue of the dd comic right

just dont speak anymore
9th Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By 9th Wonder
Hal_Jordan1986 said:
"9th Wonder said:
"Hal_Jordan1986 said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Hal_Jordan1986 said:
"9th Wonder said:
"Hal_Jordan1986 said:
"Vance Astro said:
Um no

"

didnt think so

"
Maybe it's you that is the idiot."
Despite the fact that ive beaten every FF and DD game and own every issue of the dd comic right

just dont speak anymore"
You haven't proven that o anything at all.I can speak all I wish.There is nothing you can do about it.You made several claims that you didn't back up.You expect people to just take your word for it? Your a nobody.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

People just come in battle forums and say any old dumb@ss thing nowadays.

Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ego

oh hell no! no body beats the spinning kick from hell. double dragon 8-bit whoop ass!

The 502 Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By The 502 Kid
Ego said:
"oh hell no! no body beats the spinning kick from hell. double dragon 8-bit whoop ass!"
yeah i believe they would also
Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ego

the feats.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Static Shock
Hal_Jordan1986 said:
"Have you ever read any of the double dragon comics back in the 90's

didnt think so

We aren't going by the comics here. The Dragon Force, or whatever you're talking about isn't allowed. We are going by the games, devoid of any Super Combos.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Static Shock
Hal_Jordan1986 said:
"Billy and Jimmy win this in a curb stomp

"
I haven't read the comic. So, you're basically insulting me, right?

Ego said:
"oh hell no! no body beats the spinning kick from hell. double dragon 8-bit whoop ass!"

The kick was powerful, but Guy and Cody have better moves...
The 502 Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The 502 Kid

lol i didnt even know there was a double dragon comic

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
The 502 Kid said:
"lol i didnt even know there was a double dragon comic"
It sucks....
The 502 Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The 502 Kid
Vance Astro said:
"The 502 Kid said:
"lol i didnt even know there was a double dragon comic"
It sucks...."
yeah that's what i figured
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Static Shock

LMFAO! Really!?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Static Shock
Vance Astro said:
"Oh ok.

"
I can agree with this.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Static Shock said:
"LMFAO! Really!?"
Have you ever read Malibu's Street Fighter comics?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Static Shock
Vance Astro said:
"Have you ever read Malibu's Street Fighter comics?"

Nah. Seen the artwork though. The art sucked, IMO.
The 502 Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The 502 Kid
Vance Astro said:
"Static Shock said:
"LMFAO! Really!?"
Have you ever read Malibu's Street Fighter comics?"
those comics are best use as toilet paper
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Static Shock said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Have you ever read Malibu's Street Fighter comics?"

Nah. Seen the artwork though. The art sucked, IMO."
Double Dragon is slighty better...they are both horrible.Terrible dialouge,terrible storyline,terrible artwork..just appalling....
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Static Shock

They need to make one more Double Dragon game, and stop playing around....

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By King_Saturn
Guy and Cody would win here in a very close fight against Billy and Jimmy Lee
warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By warlock360

Double Dragon ftw

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Voidheart said:
"Double Dragon ftw"
No.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Static Shock said:
"They need to make one more Double Dragon game, and stop playing around...."
The company that owns the rights to it got swallowed by Square-Enix.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Static Shock
Vance Astro said:
"The company that owns the rights to it got swallowed by Square-Enix."
Rage of the Dragons was another Double Dragon game. I think it was the last one. That game was 10x better than the movie game. Remember it?

That reminds me. Gonna edit the thread a little. Billy and Jimmy have access the their special moves from Rage of the Dragons instead of the Double Dragon movie game.... Still, no Super Combos.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Static Shock said:
"Vance Astro said:
"The company that owns the rights to it got swallowed by Square-Enix."
Rage of the Dragons was another Double Dragon game. I think it was the last one. That game was 10x better than the movie game. Remember it?

That reminds me. Gonna edit the thread a little. Billy and Jimmy have access the their special moves from Rage of the Dragons instead of the Double Dragon movie game.... Still, no Super Combos."
Rage of the Dragons is light based on Double Dragon and doesn't have permission from Taito to use those characters that's why the brothers in the game are called Billy and Jimmy Lewis instead of Lee.They aren't actually the same people.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Static Shock
Vance Astro said:
"Rage of the Dragons is light based on Double Dragon and doesn't have permission from Taito to use those characters that's why the brothers in the game are called Billy and Jimmy Lewis instead of Lee.They aren't actually the same people."

Garbage! We'll use them anyway, since they were meant to be Billy and Jimmy Lee.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Static Shock said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Rage of the Dragons is light based on Double Dragon and doesn't have permission from Taito to use those characters that's why the brothers in the game are called Billy and Jimmy Lewis instead of Lee.They aren't actually the same people."

Garbage! We'll use them anyway, since they were meant to be Billy and Jimmy Lee."
LOL ok.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Static Shock

For those who aren't familiar with Rage of the Dragons, check this out. Billy is the one wearing blue, with blonde hair (obviously)....

And, this is the intro, introducing the characters.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By King_Saturn
Ah Very Nice Static...
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Static Shock

Now, even thought I think Guy and Cody would win, this game is enough to say that Billy and Jimmy could be a match for them.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Static Shock said:
"Now, even thought I think Guy and Cody would win, this game is enough to say that Billy and Jimmy could be a match for them."
I agree that it should be a good fight but I don't see any compensation for Guy's speed.