Gus Fring (Breaking Bad) vs Hans Landa (Inglourious)

MasterAction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Round 1: They have a sit-down chat over a pleasant meal- what happens?

But seriously now... Round 2: They both have a day of prep with basic knowledge of each other and know they have to kill the other. Who wins and how?

Can Landa be a successful Gus-hunter? Or will he be a sitting (chicken) for Mr.Fring?

Thanks for reading

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Landa wins. He has access to the entire Wehrmacht. Even with older guns, I'd take real soliders over drug hit-men any day. Gus only ever used the one dude (blanking his name atm) anyway.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@fallschirmjager said:

Landa wins. He has access to the entire Wehrmacht. Even with older guns, I'd take real soliders over drug hit-men any day. Gus only ever used the one dude (blanking his name atm) anyway.

Mike had nine 'Operators' who were implied to be special forces or at least military/cops as was Mike, plus many underlings.

But Landa still wins, his numbers advantage is too great.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager said:

Mike had nine 'Operators' who were implied to be special forces or at least military/cops as was Mike, plus many underlings.

But Landa still wins, his numbers advantage is too great.

MIKE!!! He had them, but Gus said no to using them. I remember that for sure.

And yes. Even with 9...Jew Hunter can bring an army. Since that's mostly what a prep would come down to I think. I don't see either of them slugging it out and I don't think Gus can pull another "cartel". That was too reliant on things that doesn't exist between these tow.

MasterAction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: @fallschirmjager: I was gunna make the point that maybe Landa couldn't call on an army because he was only designated soldiers to help him capture Jews, but then again I guess he could just lie and claim Gus is a very important Jew

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@masteraction: He was a colonel in the SS Sicherheitsdienst - which is basically like the spy agency of the SS.

Could he call on the full German army? Not really. But he could probably get an SS division if he deemed it necessary. Even so in the beginning scene he had a squad of soldiers with him. It would only take a company or so to stomp.

Especially SS soldiers. Those psychos wouldn't need much convincing to kill a non-Aryan.

Lord44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lord44

Gus SoloStomps.

No Caption Provided

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rogueshadow  Moderator

@masteraction: @fallschirmjager: Gus had a good number of men, he was selling throughout the entire South West, but many would not easy to call on within a day, near impossible. Let's say he could, the number will still not be able to stand up to an SS division, I mean, what's that, like, 10,000+ soldiers?

Then if we say Hans probably couldn't get an entire division together within 24 hours, he could still get more than Gus whichever way you slice it. Plus, half the battle is getting your men together and where they need to be, Hans has trained soldiers in localised locations that are combat ready, Gus has drug dealers spread across thousands of miles selling meth. Maybe give Gus a week prep and Hans a day or something to get his sh*t together. Because Gus is f*cked here.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masteraction: @fallschirmjager: Gus had a good number of men, he was selling throughout the entire South West, but many would not easy to call on within a day, near impossible. Let's say he could, the number will still not be able to stand up to an SS division, I mean, what's that, like, 10,000+ soldiers?

Then if we say Hans probably couldn't get an entire division together within 24 hours, he could still get more than Gus whichever way you slice it. Plus, half the battle is getting your men together and where they need to be, Hans has trained soldiers in localised locations that are combat ready, Gus has drug dealers spread across thousands of miles selling meth. Maybe give Gus a week prep and Hans a day or something to get his sh*t together. Because Gus is f*cked here.

Division strength varies. I think it was typical for WW2 to have about 20,000 per division. SS would have likely had less men, but better great. Soviet Divisions were way bigger.

But yeah. I think its safe to say its more about men vs men here since both are not the direct combat type. And even with time gap I don't see gangsters beating Nazi soldiers. Mauser rifles are just as effective today.

last0fth3risen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: I would love to see these two in conversation, that would be one hell of a scene.

Round 2: Is Landa alone here? If so, then he doesn't have much of a chance of taking out Gus, and surviving himself. Approaching Gus' house would be suicide, and Gus doesn't really hang out at Los Pollos that often (plus, he would be on high alert). Mike puts a bullet in Landa's head.

If Hans has his men, and the police don't question why there are SS troops walking around New Mexico for some reason, then it's more fair.

Landa wasn't in the Waffen-SS. He was in the SD (intelligence branch of SS), which only had a few thousand people (most of whom were informants, not soldiers). The idea that he could scramble a division together at all is pretty ridiculous, never mind doing it in one day. He can "borrow" Waffen-SS troops, and Wehrmacht soldiers if needed, but nobody is giving him a small army, without a detailed explanation, in writing, for why he needs it (which would take time to process). He would have 100 fighting men at most, and that's being generous. Landa's men lay siege to Gus' place, which he is able to hold off for a while, but not indefinitely. Hell, a single cartel hitman nearly took Gus out. Landa would have snipers and grenades. He would win eventually.

The actual cartel would have beaten Hans pretty easily with one day prep. But Gus has very limited resources by comparison.