Gun User Tournament!

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Perezite
Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@i_like_swords said:

@juiceboks said:

Chris Redfield, Punisher, Solid Snake, Snake Eyes. These guys good?

Yeah, apart from Solid Snake who's been chosen. Although, I don't know anything about Snake Eyes. What's his stats like?

What's your team name and the perk you qualify for. And your standard equipment?

I can switch Snake for Jill Valentine. Snake Eyes is part of the G.I Joe team and is their ninja commando and martial arts trainer. He has no superhuman abilities but being a ninja he does have peak human physical attributes and is a casual bullet dodger. Nothing too special compared to some of the other guys here.

They all qualify for the Delta, on me! perk. I'll get back to you on the gear.

Sounds good to me. I'll put you in.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultimate Falcon uses guns primarily and is so good that he was able to use guns to take down Ultimate Colossus!

Cloud 9 was the best shot to come out of the Initiative, Taskmaster said so.

Flight was not a restriction and the flight does not in anyway improve or aid their aim. They are both peak human.

If anything what I bolded strengthens my claim that he's over.

Sorry but flight is classed as a superpower and offers a distinct advantage in fights. Can you pick other people? Preferably with no superpowers or enhancements whatsoever?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: @i_like_swords: What the deal with Gear. Grenades, Infrared Goggles, Octo Camo that mimics the the background your touching, ect?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: @i_like_swords: What the deal with Gear. Grenades, Infrared Goggles, Octo Camo that mimics the the background your touching, ect?

Yeah I meant to touch on that. Grenades aren't going to be allowed as a part of standard gear but if prep is available in certain scenarios then there's nothing stopping you from acquiring them.

Stuff like infrared is fine. Octo camo is kind of pushing into future tech but I'll allow it for prep.

@perezite said:

@i_like_swords said:

@perezite: What's 2115?

The year I thought the EDS takes place in.

Oh yeaaah. PM me about it.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: Man, fantastic picks. I'll check those movies out in due time. Anyhow, what perks do you qualify for besides the all movie one, and what standard gear have you got?

I'm group announcing it soonish anyway, but if you're reading this:

Make sure to let me know your Team Name, Characters and where they're from, standard gear, and perks.

The all movie one is the only perk I think i qualify for. John is a cop, Smith is sort of an anti-hero type, Wesley is an Assassin, And Ethan is a Secret Agent.

As for gear..I'm giving them all 3 guns....most of them will get 2 handguns and then a Rifle or SMG. If that's not cool..I'll change it up

John Preston: 2x Beretta 92fs (Handgun). Skorpion SMG

Smith: Walther PPK, Beretta 92fs, IMI Micro Galli 9 (Assault Rifle, a Carrot.

Wesley Gibson: Beretta 92fs, H&K USP compact (Handgun), H&K UMP 9 (SMG)

Ethan Hunt: Beretta 92fs (It's a popular gun in Hollywood it would appear), Skorpion (SMG), H&K G36K (Assault Rifle)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

@shawnbaby: Man, fantastic picks. I'll check those movies out in due time. Anyhow, what perks do you qualify for besides the all movie one, and what standard gear have you got?

I'm group announcing it soonish anyway, but if you're reading this:

Make sure to let me know your Team Name, Characters and where they're from, standard gear, and perks.

The all movie one is the only perk I think i qualify for. John is a cop, Smith is sort of an anti-hero type, Wesley is an Assassin, And Ethan is a Secret Agent.

As for gear..I'm giving them all 3 guns....most of them will get 2 handguns and then a Rifle or SMG. If that's not cool..I'll change it up

John Preston: 2x Beretta 92fs (Handgun). Skorpion SMG

Smith: Walther PPK, Beretta 92fs, IMI Micro Galli 9 (Assault Rifle, a Carrot.

Wesley Gibson: Beretta 92fs, H&K USP compact (Handgun), H&K UMP 9 (SMG)

Ethan Hunt: Beretta 92fs (It's a popular gun in Hollywood it would appear), Skorpion (SMG), H&K G36K (Assault Rifle)

Alright, I'll add it all in.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Pokergeist

@i_like_swords:

Eh, Im dropping out. I feel to restricted and everyone is kinda on way too even ground.

GL with the Tourney.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

Eh, Im dropping out. I feel to restricted and everyone is kinda on way too even ground.

GL with the Tourney.

Half the war is debating as much as it is picking your team.

Thanks

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You didn't ask how he did it though!

Ultimate Falcon is a high end scientist in addition to a marksman. He had studied the dossiers on the X-men and surmised that though the armor over most of his body was thick and suitably bulletproof but that in order for Colossus to see the metal coating over his eyes would need be thin and porous. Using this knowledge he put two guns in his eyes and threatened to pull the trigger while he explained this to everyone in the room. The Guns were perfectly standard but his scientific knowledge allowed him to use them to gain the upper hand on a guy who could snap him in half. He is not just a gunman, he is a smart one.

Every character comes with distinct advantages and disadvantages which is why they were picked. I can try and come up with another set but realize that your rules do not prohibit my team.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diredrill: I get that but the fact is flying is a super power. Nobody else is choosing people who fly.

Anyone else?

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2 said:

Yeah I meant to touch on that. Grenades aren't going to be allowed as a part of standard gear but if prep is available in certain scenarios then there's nothing stopping you from acquiring them.

Stuff like infrared is fine. Octo camo is kind of pushing into future tech but I'll allow it for prep.

@perezite said:

@i_like_swords said:

@perezite: What's 2115?

The year I thought the EDS takes place in.

Oh yeaaah. PM me about it.

I have. A lot...actually...

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@i_like_swords

Punisher- M60 machine gun, Beretta M9, Gerber Mark 2 Combat Knife, Kevlar body armor.

Chris Redfield- 909 handgun, H&K G-36 Assault Rifle, Grenade Launcher, Combat Knife, Kevlar body armor

Jill Valentine- Beretta 9x4, M4 Rifle, Rocket Launcher, Kevlar body armor

Snake Eyes- FN Five-seven handgun, Katana, trench knife,smoke bomb, 12x shuriken, bodysuit

If you don't allow the grenade and rocket launcher then that's cool too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords

Punisher- M60 machine gun, Beretta M9, Gerber Mark 2 Combat Knife, Kevlar body armor.

Chris Redfield- 909 handgun, H&K G-36 Assault Rifle, Grenade Launcher, Combat Knife, Kevlar body armor

Jill Valentine- Beretta 9x4, M4 Rifle, Rocket Launcher, Kevlar body armor

Snake Eyes- FN Five-seven handgun, Katana, trench knife,smoke bomb, 12x shuriken, bodysuit

No grenade launcher or rocket launcher as a part of standard gear although they can be accessed through prep time. I'll stick it in.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@i_like_swords: I looked at that last guys equipment for his squad,is kevlar allowed? I figured it would be againist the rules considering one of the perks is too get bullet proof vests.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: I looked at that last guys equipment for his squad,is kevlar allowed? I figured it would be againist the rules considering one of the perks is too get bullet proof vests.

Nope you're allowed your own kevlar. Only thing I'm banning is explosives (although they are obtainable through prep or the video games perk)

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Oh okay im going to edit the vests they have ingame into my post.

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

If there are still spots i like to join with the team: "Snipe it up"

Sgt. Carlos "Cougar Alvarez (Movie The Losers) - S&W 629, SR-25

Gunnery Sergant Bob Lee Swagger (Movie Shooter) - Cheytac M-200 Intervention, M4A1 With Scope, M1911A1

Wassili Saizew (Movie Enemy at the Gates) - Mosin Nagant M91/30 Sniper Rifle

Private Daniel Jackson (Movie Saving Private Ryan) - Springfield 1903A4, M1911A1

Well that should do it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stompa said:

Gunnery Sergant Bob Lee Swagger (Movie Shooter) - Cheytac M-200 Intervention, M4A1 With Scope, M1911A1

Private Daniel Jackson (Movie Saving Private Ryan) - Springfield 1903A4, M1911A1

Well that should do it.

Nice team, and props for using Daniel Jackson. SPR is a great film. I'll put your team in. You qualify for the military perk and the movie perk, do you know any others you might qualify for?

Also, since your guys are all soldiers, are they going to be a good team?

@pr0metheus said:

@i_like_swords: Oh okay im going to edit the vests they have ingame into my post.

I put your teams edited gear but I removed some of Sams stuff just to keep it all fair.

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Sylvain

May i solo with my Combat Arms avatar :P?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sylvain said:

Nope :P

You can however submit a team!

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sylvain said:

Nope :P

You can however submit a team!

Nah i'm not good at those games.Anyway see ya someday.....

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didnt think about this till now but if anyone is familiar with him Agent 47 would be a very good team member if he isnt already picked!

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Stompa

@i_like_swords said:

@stompa said:

Well that should do it.

Nice team, and props for using Daniel Jackson. SPR is a great film. I'll put your team in. You qualify for the military perk and the movie perk, do you know any others you might qualify for?

Also, since your guys are all soldiers, are they going to be a good team?

@pr0metheus said:

I put your teams edited gear but I removed some of Sams stuff just to keep it all fair.

Of the mentioned none but maybe it would be good to make a perk that helps you create cover or helps you hide or else there will propably mostly Mexican standoffs......and thank you very much yes my first idea was Daniel Jackson and the others just added up because of the sniper theme. :-) There personalities are quite similar and they are all team players so i think they will be a very good working machine as a team with Swagger propably taking the lead.

*edit i would like to add kevlar west as gear for Swagger and Cougar....that sounds realistic to me and wouldn´t hinder them. Also both of them wore one in their movies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stompa: Oh don't worry, the scenarios will have plenty of cover to work with.

Oh no, I meant like their moral alignment. Are they the good guys or the bad guys? I'm guessing good.

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh no, I meant like their moral alignment. Are they the good guys or the bad guys? I'm guessing good.

Those movies (besides the Losers) are quite realistic so i think "good" or "bad" always depends on your point of view but concerning their moral compass i would say they all are trying to do the right things and for me that would more qulaify them as good guys.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stompa said:

@i_like_swords said:

Those movies (besides the Losers) are quite realistic so i think "good" or "bad" always depends on your point of view but concerning their moral compass i would say they all are trying to do the right things and for me that would more qulaify them as good guys.

There's a "neutral" option too but I just figured they'd be good.

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stompa said:

@i_like_swords said:

There's a "neutral" option too but I just figured they'd be good.

Yeah i know and usually i would say a soldier is a tool and only as good or bad as the one who uses the tool but since they are all starring in Hollywood movies i think they will qualify good. :-p

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#79  Edited By beatboks1

If I was gonna play I'd take

Hex ( from his 21st century post apokaliptic world where he was a gun fighter biker riding a thee wheeler)

Black Hood ( MLJ/ Archie comics version) problem is he's a walking amory. his pepper box fires everything from grenades to gas grenades and even his Luggers fire amor piercing shells)

Arsenal ( back when Roy used guns not arrows)

Vigilante ( Adrian Chase - but he's got a healing factor so out)

guess thatleaves me out since three wouldnt make the cut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: Yep..

Got anyone else? Remember: Modern day guns, no superpowers. Or someone from the past if you want.

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

actually, nevermind, i dont think im going to have enough time to do this torunimate. sorry

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@beatboks1: Yep..

Got anyone else? Remember: Modern day guns, no superpowers. Or someone from the past if you want.

I wasn't playing, I said If I were I'd would have been after them. All only use "modern Day guns" because even thoug Hex was set in the future it was one where the world went sort of backward after WWIII wiped everything out. But BH's guns are over the top. I don't do "street level" not my wheel house as it were and the number of Characters I can debate there is VERY limited.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 the_red_viper  Moderator

Name: The Villains

Deadshot-One barrett 50 cal sniper rifle and his wrist-mounted silenced pistols.

Deathstroke-One handgun, one uzi and one assault rifle, and a sword (Is his armor allowed?).

David Cain-One silenced assault rifle and one combat knife.

Bullseye-One sniper rifle and 5 throwing knives.

Perks:

Boom! Ratatata

This is a hold up!

I'm not sure, but maybe also Delta, on me!, please clarify :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadshot-One barrett 50 cal sniper rifle and his wrist-mounted silenced pistols.

Deathstroke-One handgun, one uzi and one assault rifle, and a sword (Is his armor allowed?).

Perks:

Boom! Ratatata

This is a hold up!

Read the rules over.

Deadshots aim is enhanced

Deathstroke is way over peak human

Bullseye isn't allowed because of his adamantium spine, skull and knuckles.

Is there anything about David Cain thats over the limits?

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper said:

Perks:

Boom! Ratatata

This is a hold up!

Read the rules over.

Silly me

David Cain is a top-notch assassin from Ra's al-Ghul's league of shadows. Nothing above peak human.

Deadshot's aim isn't enhanced I think his eye-thingy gives him information about the target (distance, etc), things you can find in many modern sniper rifle scopes. Then again I might be wrong.

Deathstroke... okay :(

Bullseye... had no idea he has adamantiun bones 0_0

Y'know what, I'll change my team altogether:

Name-The Anti-Heroes

Jonah Hex

Judge Dredd

Black Widow

Punisher's taken, Red Hood's taken... damnit. Guess I'll take Nick Fury. I guess he's an anti-hero... if he isn't, then I'll change. Again.

Perks:

Boom! Ratatata

I am the law

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

hey can i get in this with

Fantom X (reg gear)

Deadpool (no healing factor cuz that would be cheating or swords just pistols but can he have his other long range weapons i know he has knives he throws and stuff)

Black Widow (reg gear just pistols though)

Union Jack (just a pistol also)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

@the_red_viper said:

Perks:

Boom! Ratatata

This is a hold up!

Read the rules over.

Silly me

David Cain is a top-notch assassin from Ra's al-Ghul's league of shadows. Nothing above peak human.

Deadshot's aim isn't enhanced I think his eye-thingy gives him information about the target (distance, etc), things you can find in many modern sniper rifle scopes. Then again I might be wrong.

Deathstroke... okay :(

Bullseye... had no idea he has adamantiun bones 0_0

Y'know what, I'll change my team altogether:

Name-The Anti-Heroes

Jonah Hex

Judge Dredd

Black Widow

Punisher's taken, Red Hood's taken... damnit. Guess I'll take Nick Fury. I guess he's an anti-hero... if he isn't, then I'll change. Again.

Perks:

Boom! Ratatata

I am the law

If you can show me that Nick Fury is an anti-hero I'll allow it.

Also, can you give me your standard gear.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By sync1

@i_like_swords: I can't think of anyone that falls within the requirements other than Red Hood. you can remove me from the tourney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hey can i get in this with

Fantom X (reg gear)

Deadpool (no healing factor cuz that would be cheating or swords just pistols but can he have his other long range weapons i know he has knives he throws and stuff)

Black Widow (reg gear just pistols though)

Union Jack (just a pistol also)

Fantomex is over the limit, I'm not letting people nerf characters so no Deadpool. Widows taken. Union Jack is fine.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 the_red_viper  Moderator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By DarkRaiden

@i_like_swords

My Team:

Lupin the 3rd

Jigen (From Lupin the 3rd)

Golgo from Golgo 13

Spike Spiegel(Cowboy Bebop)

Perks: I'd say one or both of these:

This is a hold up!

I am the law

Oh yeah, standard equipment?

Jigen- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_%26_Wesson_Model_19

That's his favorite weapon, I'll say he has 20 bullets of extra ammo (since he never really runs out otherwise).

Lupin - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walther_P38

This is his favorite weapon, and I'll give him 5 extra cartridges.

Golgo - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M16_rifle

This with a scope is his favorite weapon, and I don't know, like 3 extra clips I guess

Spike Spiegel - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jericho_941

This is his favorite, with I guess three cartridges or w/e.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper said:

@i_like_swords: Meh, I'll take The Comedian instead of Nick.

Uhm, is that a nickname for Redhood or?

No... The Comedian... from Watchmen

As for equipment... Jonah gets dual revolvers

Dredd gets "Lawgiver" (his pistol), it has various types of ammo, here's info about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawgiver_(Judge_Dredd) and a 50 cal sniper rifle

Widow gets dual 9mm pistols and an assault rifle

Comedian gets an assault rifle, a knife and a flamethrower (if the flamethrower is forbidden, then an uzi)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

@the_red_viper said:

@i_like_swords: Meh, I'll take The Comedian instead of Nick.

Uhm, is that a nickname for Redhood or?

No... The Comedian... from Watchmen

As for equipment... Jonah gets dual revolvers

Dredd gets "Lawgiver" (his pistol), it has various types of ammo, here's info about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawgiver_(Judge_Dredd) and a 50 cal sniper rifle

Widow gets dual 9mm pistols and an assault rifle

Comedian gets an assault rifle, a knife and a flamethrower (if the flamethrower is forbidden, then an uzi)

Jonah's cool

Dredd's Lawgiver is a little OP and is classed as future tech but I'll allow you to give him any.. special one time gear or another kind of conventional firearm to replace it.

Widows cool.

Flamethrower won't be allowed in random encounters, but I'll go into detail about that kind of gear with prep time (which is going to be awesome, btw) so uzi? I'll put in your team.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lupin the 3rd

Jigen (From Lupin the 3rd)

Golgo from Golgo 13

Spike Spiegel(Cowboy Bebop)

This is a hold up!

I am the law

Can you link me to your teams wikis?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spikes cool.

Lupins cool.

Jigens cool, so long as that hat thing doesn't boost his aim. If it does you can just remove it from gear.

Golgos cool.

Just tell me your standard gear and what perks you think you qualify for.

Got a team name?

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spikes cool.

Lupins cool.

Jigens cool, so long as that hat thing doesn't boost his aim. If it does you can just remove it from gear.

Golgos cool.

Just tell me your standard gear and what perks you think you qualify for.

Got a team name?

This is a hold up!

I am the law

And maybe, just maybe (because they all have mangas which are like comics....)

Boom! Ratatata

Oh yeah, standard equipment?

Jigen- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_%26_Wesson_Model_19

That's his favorite weapon, I'll say he has 20 bullets of extra ammo (since he never really runs out otherwise).

Lupin - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walther_P38

This is his favorite weapon, and I'll give him 5 extra cartridges.

Golgo - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M16_rifle

This with a scope is his favorite weapon, and I don't know, like 3 extra clips I guess

Spike Spiegel - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jericho_941

This is his favorite, with I guess three cartridges or w/e.

The hat....he makes the same shots with and without it, so it doesn't matter to me, just makes him look cool.

And a team name? Hm...a thief, a marksman assassin, another assassin, and a bounty hunter. Golgo, Lupin, Jigen, Spike....um.......

I guess the G.A.T.E.

Guns Allied against The Enemy (or evil I guess)

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator