• 57 results
#1 Posted by Vance Astro (91555 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say Cap.They are on the same level physically but Captain America has almost perfect defense and alot of combat experience.

#2 Posted by Dante V. Inferno (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Who wins and why?

#3 Posted by Last_Guardian (28377 posts) - - Show Bio

omg Captain America woops his @$$ badly...sonic boom or not...Captain America has defeated much, much worse

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91555 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante V. Inferno says:

"The sonic boom,and flip kick thing aren't a factor?I would say they are,even though Cap's shield is vibranium and might absorb the blast."

Well they are factors but that's assuming he could get Cap to make an error and get inside his defense.I don't think he can.A flash kick is incredibly risky because he has to land from being upside down...it basically hands Cap the advantage if he doesn't connect.Sonicbooms are nothing really for the Shield...Cap has blocked blasts from Thor.

#5 Posted by Dante V. Inferno (73 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess.

#6 Posted by Dante V. Inferno (73 posts) - - Show Bio

The sonic boom,and flip kick thing aren't a factor?I would say they are,even though Cap's shield is vibranium and might absorb the blast.

#7 Posted by Vance Astro (91555 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Captain America. He's a male athlete enhanced to peak-human levels of strength, speed, endurance, durability, reflexes and agility and uses a Vibranium steel alloy shield as if it's an extension of his body. And, he's a master martial artist of many different forms, all amalgamated into his own fighting style. Guile is just an average athletic male with with mastery in military martial arts, despite his special moves. The way I see it, Cap owns him in everything because he's superior..."

I'm pretty sure Guile is peak human or above.He's a very good fighter too.He stalemated Chun-li and beat Blanka.

#8 Posted by Static Shock (47668 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America. He's a male athlete enhanced to peak-human levels of strength, speed, endurance, durability, reflexes and agility and uses a Vibranium steel alloy shield as if it's an extension of his body. And, he's a master martial artist of many different forms, all amalgamated into his own fighting style. Guile is just an average athletic male with with mastery in military martial arts, despite his special moves.

The way I see it, Cap owns him in everything because he's superior...

#9 Posted by Static Shock (47668 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"I'm pretty sure Guile is peak human or above.He's a very good fighter too.He stalemated Chun-li and beat Blanka."

I seriously doubt that. No proof behind it. He can be a good fighter, but it doesn't mean that he's peak-human.

#10 Posted by Dante V. Inferno (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Dante V. Inferno says:
"To face Blanka,you would almost have to be."

Not necessarily. That's like saying Blanka is peak-human, but there's no proof behind that either..."

I mean,there is if you watch the movies...kinda.

#11 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

I was gonna ask where you got your stats for Guile from.

#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91555 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"I was gonna ask where you got your stats for Guile from. "

I'll show you..hold on.

#13 Posted by Dante V. Inferno (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Vance Astro says:
"I'm pretty sure Guile is peak human or above.He's a very good fighter too.He stalemated Chun-li and beat Blanka."

I seriously doubt that. No proof behind it. He can be a good fighter, but it doesn't mean that he's peak-human."

To face Blanka,you would almost have to be.

#14 Posted by Dante V. Inferno (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Comics then.

#15 Posted by Static Shock (47668 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante V. Inferno says:

"To face Blanka,you would almost have to be."

Not necessarily. That's like saying Blanka is peak-human, but there's no proof behind that either...

#16 Posted by Dante V. Inferno (73 posts) - - Show Bio

You people are smart.

#17 Posted by Static Shock (47668 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante V. Inferno says:

"I mean,there is if you watch the movies...kinda."

The movies don't prove anything either. He was only in Street Fighter: The Animated Movie, and he only made one appearance against Zangief. And, the continuity of the characters is based on the games (since they are the original media for Street Fighter) or the comics (maybe), not the movies. So, there isn't any say-so for the movies...

#18 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

It actually doesn't matter if Guile is slated as Peak Human or not. In fact I've never seen anyone else slated as Peak Human besides Cap. If Guile can or has performed feats equal or greater then Cap, then the term Peak Human is a moot point. Batman isn't slated as Peak Human, but through his feats one can easily assume he is.

#19 Posted by Static Shock (47668 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"It actually doesn't matter if Guile is slated as Peak Human or not. In fact I've never seen anyone else slated as Peak Human besides Cap. If Guile can or has performed feats equal or greater then Cap, then the term Peak Human is a moot point. Batman isn't slated as Peak Human, but through his feats one can easily assume he is."

So, can anyone tell me what Guile has done on the level of Cap? I'll wait. :)

Dante says:

Well Comics then.

Can you provide evidence to put Guile on Cap's level of athleticism?

#20 Posted by Vance Astro (91555 posts) - - Show Bio

So what do I have to show Guile doing to prove my point?

#21 Posted by Vance Astro (91555 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Vance Astro says:
"So what do I have to show Guile doing to prove my point?"
Provide something that puts him on or above Cap in terms of being an athlete. I don't think using the games would be a good thing, because Cap is also in Capcom games (with better moves and combos, IMO) and all of the characters are made to fight against each other because of the game itself. Got any Street Fighter comics? LOL."

I have all the Street Fighter comics but I don't think the scans of Guile will prove anything.I have good showings of feats for everyone but him.Guile only fights Birdie and Charlie.

#22 Posted by Vance Astro (91555 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Gambler says:
"It actually doesn't matter if Guile is slated as Peak Human or not. In fact I've never seen anyone else slated as Peak Human besides Cap. If Guile can or has performed feats equal or greater then Cap, then the term Peak Human is a moot point. Batman isn't slated as Peak Human, but through his feats one can easily assume he is."
So, can anyone tell me what Guile has done on the level of Cap? I'll wait. :) Dante says:
Well Comics then.
Can you provide evidence to put Guile on Cap's level of athleticism?"

He only fights twice in the comics...you can't really tell hat he can do in them.

#23 Posted by Dante V. Inferno (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Gambler says:

So, can anyone tell me what Guile has done on the level of Cap? I'll wait. :)

Dante says:

Well Comics then.

Can you provide evidence to put Guile on Cap's level of athleticism?"

Nope.I don't know anything about the dude,except movies/games.

#24 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

Feats of agility equal to Cap, bullet dodging seems to be the norm for Peak Human characters, some nice strength showings. I cant remember how much Cap can lift, but showing Guile lift something equal or greater to that of which Cap has lifted. Things like that

#25 Posted by Static Shock (47668 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

Provide something that puts him on or above Cap in terms of being an athlete. I don't think using the games would be a good thing, because Cap is also in Capcom games (with better moves and combos, IMO) and all of the characters are made to fight against each other because of the game itself. Got any Street Fighter comics? LOL.

#26 Posted by Dante V. Inferno (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Vance Astro says:

Provide something that puts him on or above Cap in terms of being an athlete. I don't think using the games would be a good thing, because Cap is also in Capcom games (with better moves and combos, IMO) and all of the characters are made to fight against each other because of the game itself. Got any Street Fighter comics? LOL."

Im a beast with Cap/Guile/Strider.

#27 Posted by Static Shock (47668 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante V. Inferno says:

Nope.I don't know anything about the dude,except movies/games."

Tough luck, pimptight™. LOL.
Post Edited:2008-06-01 05:28:51

#28 Posted by Dante V. Inferno (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Dante V. Inferno says:
"Can you provide evidence to put Guile on Cap's level of athleticism?"

Nope.I don't know anything about the dude,except movies/games."

Tough luck, pimptight™. LOL."

Man you guys are cool.Can you add friends?

#29 Posted by Static Shock (47668 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante V. Inferno says:

"Man you guys are cool.Can you add friends?"

Yes, you may. :P

#30 Posted by Dante V. Inferno (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Dante V. Inferno says:
"Man you guys are cool.Can you add friends?"

Yes, you may. :P"

Where?

#31 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Vance Astro says:

Actually Guile is one of the only characters to have more Special moves then traditional moves. Which as we know take more power away from an opponent, making him more dangerous in the game then Cap.

#32 Posted by Static Shock (47668 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante V. Inferno says:

"Where?"

Go to people's profiles. Should be a button there that says "Add as a friend or enemy."

#33 Posted by Static Shock (47668 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Which as we know take more power away from an opponent, making him more dangerous in the game then Cap."

Huh?

#34 Posted by Dante V. Inferno (73 posts) - - Show Bio

SONIC BOOM.I loved saying that as a kid.

#35 Posted by Static Shock (47668 posts) - - Show Bio

Too bad Guild didn't develop as much as the other characters did over the years.

#36 Posted by Dante V. Inferno (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Dante V. Inferno says:
"I know.He could use a haircut."

The hair's fine. I meant, that as a character, he's too basic. He's not as complex as the other characters. He was a fav back in the day, but as Street Fighter got more an more complex, Guile still felt like the only character that stayed the same... So, I grew out of him. I think he's one of the sorriest characters now."

Charlie was cool.

#37 Posted by Dante V. Inferno (73 posts) - - Show Bio

I know.He could use a haircut.

#38 Posted by Static Shock (47668 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante V. Inferno says:

"I know.He could use a haircut."

The hair's fine. I meant, that as a character, he's too basic. He's not as complex as the other characters. He was a fav back in the day, but as Street Fighter got more an more complex, Guile still felt like the only character that stayed the same... So, I grew out of him. I think he's one of the sorriest characters now.

#39 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

" I don't think using the games would be a good thing, because Cap is also in Capcom games (with better moves and combos, IMO) . "

Static Shock says:

"Gambler says:
"Which as we know take more power away from an opponent, making him more dangerous in the game then Cap."

Huh?"

Guile has more Special moves in the game. He's one of the only characters who has MORE special moves then regular ones. The Special moves take away more power from their opponent (when they land) so Guile has an arsenal of attacks that if they connect will drain more power away from Cap. Who only has a couple or two special moves. See what I'm saying? In the game Guile is better then Cap

#40 Posted by Dante V. Inferno (73 posts) - - Show Bio

There goes my bed time.4:00 in the damn morning.Later cool guys.

#41 Posted by Static Shock (47668 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Guile has more **Special** moves in the game. He's one of the only characters who has MORE special moves then regular ones. The Special moves take away more power from their opponent (when they land) so Guile has an arsenal of attacks that if they connect will drain more power away from Cap. Who only has a couple or two special moves. See what I'm saying? In the game Guile is better then Cap"

Oh. You mean more Super Combos than special moves. OK. I see what you're saying. But, they both have the same amount of Super Combos in the game, though. Cap's just seems more devastating.

#42 Posted by Static Shock (47668 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante V. Inferno says:

"Charlie was cool."

Same character to me. A complete waste. But, he did seem faster, though. He was only made because the story needed an origin for Guile, who learned to fight from Charlie.

#43 Posted by Static Shock (47668 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"No, Guile has more Special Combo Moves then almost every character in the game."

In Marvel vs. Capcom 2, he only has three. And he has the same amount in Capcom vs. SNK 2. Cap and a lot of other characters in either of these have a default number of three Super Combo commands. Very few of them have less...

#44 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Gambler says:
"Guile has more **Special** moves in the game. He's one of the only characters who has MORE special moves then regular ones. The Special moves take away more power from their opponent (when they land) so Guile has an arsenal of attacks that if they connect will drain more power away from Cap. Who only has a couple or two special moves. See what I'm saying? In the game Guile is better then Cap"

Oh. You mean more Super Combos than special moves. OK. I see what you're saying. But, they both have the same amount of Super Combos in the game, though. Cap's just seems more devastating. "

No, Guile has more Special Combo Moves then almost every character in the game.

#45 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Gambler says:
"No, Guile has more Special Combo Moves then almost every character in the game."

In Marvel vs. Capcom 2, he only has three. And he has the same amount in Capcom vs. SNK 2. Cap and a lot of other characters in either of these have a default number of three Super Combo commands. Very few of them have less..."

Source?

#46 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Dash-in LP -> LK -> MP -> crouching HP -> jump LP -> LK -> MP -> MK -> HP

• Your basic aerial rave combo, with some timing you can easily replace the HP

with a Crossfire Assault super.

LP -> LK -> MP -> crouching HK -> Summersault Strike

(Corner) Suplex -> Backfist -> Summersault Strike

Crouching LK -> crouching HP -> jump LP -> MP -> Backbreaker -> OTG Crouching LK

-> crouching HP -> repeat

(Corner) Crouching HK -> Summersault Strike -> Jump LP -> LK -> Crossfire

Assault

(Corner) Jump-in HP -> land LP -> crouching MP -> crouching HK -> Summersault

Strike -> LP -> crouching HP -> jump LP -> LK -> MP -> MK -> Crossfire Assault

#47 Posted by Vance Astro (91555 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Static Shock says:
"Gambler says:
" Guile has more **Special** moves in the game. He's one of the only characters who has MORE special moves then regular ones. The Special moves take away more power from their opponent (when they land) so Guile has an arsenal of attacks that if they connect will drain more power away from Cap. Who only has a couple or two special moves. See what I'm saying? In the game Guile is better then Cap"
Oh. You mean more **Super Combos** than special moves. OK. I see what you're saying. But, they both have the same amount of Super Combos in the game, though. Cap's just seems more devastating. "
No, Guile has more Special Combo Moves then almost every character in the game."

He doesn't have more than Ryu or Akuma.And in MVC2 alot of Marvel characters have more than him...Silver Samurai being one of them.

#48 Posted by Static Shock (47668 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Source?"

www.gamefaqs.com

#49 Posted by carlito_keyes34 (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Well since Guile can hold his own against M. Bison, I don't see why Cap would whoop him

#50 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2661 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap would obliterate Guile.

Guile is EXTREMELY good, but Cap is just out of his league. Cap is beyond peak human, he is at the peak of what a human could be. Guile is maybe peak human. IMO this really isn't a contest.