• 93 results
#51 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: Cool, I will add this as well to the main post.

#52 Posted by GhostRavage (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 Very good material here. Congrats friend.

#53 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#54 Edited by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio
#55 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#56 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Nicely done, very detailed. Also, for keeping track of threads, you can always bookmark them on browser, which is what I do. Easy access.

#57 Posted by Angryprune (732 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a question

How experienced should a Viner be before there first tourney

#58 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (11094 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryprune: Should have at least 1 post. Just to be safe.

#59 Edited by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryprune: I would suggest competing in 3 or 4 different tourneys to understand the infrastructure of tourneys. This also lets you make note of what you like and what you don't like so that you can make a tourney that suits your interests.

#60 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (6205 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryprune:

Participate in at least 2 or 3 different tournaments, and make sure they're not all the same design. See the differences in limits, were there certain things that were set too strict thus it made it hard to make a diverse team or were the limits too loose allowing some people teams that were INCREDIBLY powerful, more powerful than the creator of the tournament had intended?

Look at the differences in perk systems or item systems, see what works and what doesn't. Lots of times someone will put an item into a tournament that they know nothing about and it ends up being a huge downfall, some items to avoid are things like the Battle Computer or anything that people consider an "INSTANT WIN" as it takes away from the debates and most people seem to rely on them.

I had started a tournament because I was eager to get one going after I saw all the other Tournament Posts on the forums and then decided I didn't like how I had set it up and canceled it. Make sure you've got everything the way you'll want it and are ready to accept the workload of a tournament before you make one. One of the worst thins out there is an inactive tournament host that's unable to answer questions for those participating in the tournament.

#61 Edited by Angryprune (732 posts) - - Show Bio

@DireDrill @TheTrueBarryAllen

Thank you

#62 Edited by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a really great thread. I'm hosting a tourney these days and I already have some ideas for future tourneys, I'l make sure I read the entire OP carefully before starting my next tourney.

#63 Posted by OreoAssassin (6240 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Has anyone done like a Wingman (2v2v2v2v2)??? I want to make a tournament where people could use the Battle Callout to find a partner who is interested in the same characters. Any tips? Never done a tournament and gonna follow all the guidelines you posted.

#64 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Has anyone done like a Wingman (2v2v2v2v2)??? I want to make a tournament where people could use the Battle Callout to find a partner who is interested in the same characters. Any tips? Never done a tournament and gonna follow all the guidelines you posted.

Some people have tried, but most tournaments never get started.

#65 Edited by OreoAssassin (6240 posts) - - Show Bio
#66 Posted by ernesth100 (77 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm making a "robotic riot" tournament. Only robots, andriods, cyborgs, and machines like the millenium falcon. What do you think?

#67 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3252 posts) - - Show Bio
#68 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (4789 posts) - - Show Bio
#69 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3252 posts) - - Show Bio
#70 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (4789 posts) - - Show Bio
#71 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3252 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmicallyaware1: I think your the 20th person that has wondered in the past 5 days lol. anyway, this is the account I will use for now on.

#72 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (4789 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmicallyaware1: I think your the 20th person that has wondered in the past 5 days lol. anyway, this is the account I will use for now on.

cool, well just checking. I remember you from when I was a noob on the vine, and respected your insight and on debates.

#73 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3252 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmicallyaware1: Thanks for the confidence in my debating. I use to be a major @$$, I am trying to tone that down now and days.

#74 Posted by SMXLR8 (1548 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: TBH is this is a good thread for the basics but for the advanced stuff this thread is not that good

#75 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3252 posts) - - Show Bio

@smxlr8 said:

@cadencev2: TBH is this is a good thread for the basics but for the advanced stuff this thread is not that good

looking back at this thread, it was never meant for Advance stuff. Just the basics. CadenceV2 is not here to think for you what makes a good tourney or not. Just some basic and helpful hints to make a reasonable Tourney.

#76 Posted by SMXLR8 (1548 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw:

1. I said that in my comment so I know
  2. it was a little tip for him not you , the way the thread was I think he thought it would help with some advance stuff but failed to do so
  3. I don't make or enter tourneys here so what you said about that is pointless
  4. why did you quote me?
#77 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3252 posts) - - Show Bio

@smxlr8 said:

@indiecomicsftw:

2. it was a little tip for him not you , the way the thread was I think he thought it would help with some advance stuff but failed to do so
  4. why did you quote me?

Because I know deep down inside CadenceV2 wanted me to make sure you understand the purpose behind this basic thread.

#78 Posted by SMXLR8 (1548 posts) - - Show Bio
#79 Posted by beatboks1 (7525 posts) - - Show Bio

@smxlr8 said:

@indiecomicsftw:

4. why did you quote me?

Indiecomicsftw IS CadenceV2. It's the account he's using these days.

#80 Edited by beatboks1 (7525 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: said

I myself and others like to participate in our own tourneys. I make them up for the sake of creating some good debates. How do you make a tourney as the Dungeon Master (ftr, I never played DnD, I was a Warhammer 40k Guy) who sets all the matches up? How do you do this without being bias? Easy. I always have another user make my matches, or I make all the matches have the same scenario so no one is getting any special treatment. I also try to pick my own character towards the end. That way no one feels you jipped them of the better picks. Ooooor you can make a alternate account to look like your being fair >_> the cowards way!

Another way ( that I like to use) is to have other players come up with the conditions, scenario for all players for various rounds so that usually in tourneys I run only the scenario set is round 1. I do this either by PMing someone to create the scenario etc for a certain round or by PMing several players for ideas and concepts that I combine into the scenario I set up. The first option shifts the advantage to a different player for each round. the second one means that several players have a singular and different advantage each round in being prepared for a certain aspect.

#81 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: said

I myself and others like to participate in our own tourneys. I make them up for the sake of creating some good debates. How do you make a tourney as the Dungeon Master (ftr, I never played DnD, I was a Warhammer 40k Guy) who sets all the matches up? How do you do this without being bias? Easy. I always have another user make my matches, or I make all the matches have the same scenario so no one is getting any special treatment. I also try to pick my own character towards the end. That way no one feels you jipped them of the better picks. Ooooor you can make a alternate account to look like your being fair >_> the cowards way!

Another way ( that I like to use) is to have other players come up with the conditions, scenario for all players for various rounds so that usually in tourneys I run only the scenario set is round 1. I do this either by PMing someone to create the scenario etc for a certain round or by PMing several players for ideas and concepts that I combine into the scenario I set up. The first option shifts the advantage to a different player for each round. the second one means that several players have a singular and different advantage each round in being prepared for a certain aspect.

I am doing something like that now with this Mid Tier tourney. Its going to be Funsiized, DCCR, and TGWH making matches. I just said I will help them with the sign up thread and rules.

#82 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahh, it was unstikied. Im not cool anymore :(

#83 Posted by Oy_the_Billy_Bumbler (820 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Welcome back to us peons. Why was it unstickied? I thought this was pretty helpful and sticky worthy. I always at least reference it whenever I make a tournament, if not outright copy it.

#84 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Welcome back to us peons. Why was it unstickied? I thought this was pretty helpful and sticky worthy. I always at least reference it whenever I make a tournament, if not outright copy it.

Not a cool kid anymore.

#85 Edited by Oy_the_Billy_Bumbler (820 posts) - - Show Bio
#86 Posted by Auction_Sniper (1253 posts) - - Show Bio

Shouldn't this be sticked?

#87 Posted by Cjdavis103 (9819 posts) - - Show Bio

@auction_sniper: Yeah I thought this was sticked

Ah well ( add to favorites)

#88 Edited by jashro44 (25389 posts) - - Show Bio
#89 Posted by Oy_the_Billy_Bumbler (820 posts) - - Show Bio
#90 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3252 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikep12 Bu bump! If your ever lost try to see what worked for others.

#91 Posted by mikep12 (4142 posts) - - Show Bio
#92 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#93 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3252 posts) - - Show Bio
#94 Edited by Pr0metheus (5471 posts) - - Show Bio