Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@jonny_anonymous: Wait...is Void Stalkers a real team?!?!? That's the best team ever!!! How have I never seen this before?

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OreoAssassin
tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oreoassassin: All the Avenger characters like Iron Man, Flash, and Captain Marvel are all just temporary for about 6 issues or so, and then a new character will be cycled through. Flash probably doesn't have many issues left, even though he hasn't even done anything yet. Lol.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@tparks said:

@oreoassassin: All the Avenger characters like Iron Man, Flash, and Captain Marvel are all just temporary for about 6 issues or so, and then a new character will be cycled through. Flash probably doesn't have many issues left, even though he hasn't even done anything yet. Lol.

Nah, Flash is Earth representative. Carol just managed to interact with them.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tparks

@dondave: When Tony sent Carol to space, he told her to spend some times on the Guardians roster. It's in Captain Marvel #1.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@tparks: Unfortunately not lol they are just I team I invented.

Why does every Guardian of the Galaxy battle never include Agent Venom :(

I did think about using Venom since I think he would be a good fight for Wraith but I wanted to keep it 5 Vs 5.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous:

Unfortunately not lol they are just I team I invented.

Awww. :(

You picked some of my favorite Marvel characters that I was always disappointed never went anywhere after DnA was done with Marvel. Darkhawk went from being a nobody to one of the coolest characters ever. I really wish Jack Flagg would join back up with the current Guardians again. Don't get me started on Wraith. I'm still mad that he never had a single appearance since Annihilation: Conquest.

I nominate you to be a new editor / writer for Marvel. This team needs to happen.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: like Dondave said, hes Earths representive and hes there long term at least.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: like Dondave said, hes Earths representive and hes there long term at least.

Maybe, I would be very surprised if he's there for more then another 4 or 5 issues though. Bendis even said that the idea of Agent Venom tagging along was not because he would have any significant relevance to the plot, but just because he is a cool character and would be fun to see in space. With the future story lines of Nova, Thanos, Drax, and Star-Lord from the Cancer-Verse coming up, it doesn't sound like he will be much of a factor on the team.

They will probably continue this trend with characters that are losing popularity, or just need a boost in popularity.

Look at who they have had on the team so far.

Iron Man, whose book was not doing so hot. He had no contributions to the story really, and he left after a brief stint, but got a bit more people to read his book because of it.

Angela, who needed some recognition as a new character being brought from Image. The Trade was even called Angela, but she didn't really have much to do with what was going on in the Guardians story. She was just kind of there.

Captain Marvel, who had a new ongoing series come out, and needed the popularity boost to drive sales up on her book by implying there would be several cross-overs with the Guardians, when the cross-overs have been pretty much just filler on a few pages. She has barely even been in the issues, but she's been on 3 covers and is advertised as the newest member of the team.

Now Venom, who had sales on his book drop so they had to cancel it. He still had fans who loved him, so they put him on a book that would draw readers who have never read Venom, to get them interested in the Guardians. So far though, all he has done is get captured and separated from the Guardians, but not anything to make his presence there memorable or necessary. I'm sure he will leave soon and be replaced with another character that is on the outskirts of being popular, and needs a slight boost to their reputation, before he goes somewhere else with Marvel hoping that readers will pick up another book because of this.

It's a pretty smart system for boosting sales and promoting the book around the height of their popularity. This happens all the time in other big name books, we just aren't used to seeing this happen, because the Guardians haven't been big names until recently.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@tparks: Angela is still with the Guardians

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@tparks: Angela is still with the Guardians

She's been gone for a few issues now. She made an appearance in the last issue, because the Badoon were broadcasting Gamora's fight Universe Wide, and Angela saw it, so she came to help Gamora fight the Badoon.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: @dondave: Guys, battle!

Also Bendis said he was going to do an arc about the symbiotes home planet

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: @dondave: Guys, battle!

Also Bendis said he was going to do an arc about the symbiotes home planet

Sweet. Last interview I saw, was when they showed the promo with Venom, and when they asked Bendis about why Venom, he said it was just because he's cool, and no real reason besides that. They have been hinting about Flash not even knowing anything about his symbiote throughout the couple of issues he's been in though, so that would be cool to see. I would love to be wrong about Flash if they can get him to become more of a cosmic player and leave his Spider-Man stuff at home, because I think Flash is a really awesome character, but not cut out for a cosmic series quite yet.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous:

As for the battle, I think the Guardians take this. Wraith is a wild card though. They never really showed how his abilities would work on anything besides Phalanx.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: What's your thoughts on Bucky now becoming a cosmic assassin?

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By tparks

@jonny_anonymous said:

@tparks: What's your thoughts on Bucky now becoming a cosmic assassin?

It's cool seeing some of these Earth characters mix it up in the Cosmic Universe, but to be honest, I'd rather see some of the Cosmic Characters doing this instead who are being ignored. All the characters on the Void Stalkers would be amazing to see at least making cameos. There are even somewhat bigger named characters that could be seen more of like Quasar, Warlock, Ronan, Super Skrull, etc...

Nothing against Bucky, because he's great. I just want the cosmic stuff to be a bit more cosmic.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Yeah I'd love a team like my Void Stalkers and a Infinity Watch team with Quasar, Adam Warlock, Noh Varr and others who are basically like the Future Foundation but cosmic.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Yeah I'd love a team like my Void Stalkers and a Infinity Watch team with Quasar, Adam Warlock, Noh Varr and others who are basically like the Future Foundation but cosmic.

Word.

Nice avatar by the way. Never seen anyone else who is a fan of Wraith, let alone even know who he is. Lol.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Yeah it's a shame because I asked Tom brevoort if there is any plans to use Quasar in the future and he said no.

Yeah I think he's hella cool, he's like Clint Eastwood in space.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By tparks

@jonny_anonymous said:

@tparks: Yeah it's a shame because I asked Tom brevoort if there is any plans to use Quasar in the future and he said no.

Yeah I think he's hella cool, he's like Clint Eastwood in space.

Quasar's the best. I wouldn't mind see him and the Annihilators have a little reunion arc.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Yeah I would love that! If something big hits the fan. If only Nova was back *sigh*