guardians of the galaxy vs thunderbolts

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Starlord, Drax, Gamora, Groot, Rocket vs. Rulk, Venom, Elektra, Punisher and Deadpool.

Round 1. No prep.

Round 2. 6 hours prep.

Both fights take place in NYC.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Venom should be on the Guardians :/

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Guardians FTW

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bringnit: bc they have to much versatility atleast in my opinion

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can they put down groot?

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna say Guardians take this, since I don't see Groot being put down.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: Rulk could smash him and then just burn the pieces

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also with six hours prep Punisher would do work

qlawkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oni_bane said:

I suspect Rocket's efforts will far outshine any prep Punisher or another Thunderbolt could put together. That's not to say they aren't intelligent enough, just that Rocket is excessively so.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Thoughts @tparks?

@oni_bane said:

@laflux: Rulk could smash him and then just burn the pieces

Groot can't be burned unless he allows himself. He's completely fireproof.

Guardians stomp this. Gamora could take on anyone, including Rulk and Venom one on one and win. She has used her extreme skill to take on more powerful opponents then them.

Groot could take on all of them. He is much much better strength, durability, and healing factor then Rulk, and is the most powerful character here.

Venom is screwed facing Star-Lord. His Element Gun's fire should take care of the Symbiote with ease.

Rocket's guns can put down all of them. He has been packing guns on a regular basis that one-shot space ships with ease. I don't see anyone tanking that, except for maybe Rulk, but Rocket has prep so he will definitely bring a weapon that is strong enough for Rulk. His computer system has information on every being ever recorded by any other computer system. I'm sure Tony Stark or Norman Osborn has extensive files on Rulk, so Rocket would be well prepared.

Drax is just icing on the cake.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Is there any specific feats for his element gun regarding fire? Flash has tanked lots and lots of fire. And he ahould be on Guardians team not thunderbolts!

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@oni_bane said:

I agree with this.

Scenario one with no prep would go the Guardians, but scenario two I see the Thunderbolts pulling it off. Not easily, but they could if they do things Punisher's way.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guardians both rounds

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GOTG

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Venom should be on the Guardians :/

This, Flash left the Thunderbolts, and pretty well embarrassed them on his way out.

Round 1 goes to GOTG. Groot > Rulk (very long fight). Gamora >>>Elektra (short fight). Star Lord > Punisher (moderately difficult fight). Rocket >>> Deadpool (short fight). Drax > Venom (long fight). Basically Venom and Rulk get overrun, even though they should lose their respect fights anyway.

Round 2 goes to the GOTG again. Rocket is one of the greatest strategists in the galaxy, and comes up with all the Guardians battle plans. Star Lord is none to shabby himself. Couple that with tech way above what the TBolts have access to, it's going to be messy. Punisher is good with prep, but in Thunderbolts 23 he revealed he'd been prepping for Venom essentially since day 1...and Venom still embarrassed him. It actually took Leader's prep to take Venom down, and Leader isn't here. Rocket has weapons that devastate massive city-sized starships, TBolts eat it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I love Frank and all, but I am LMAO at the people who think his prep alone can make a difference in a battle against The Guardians where they also have prep. I mean come on people...

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Frank and all, but I am LMAO at the people who think his prep alone can make a difference in a battle against The Guardians where they also have prep. I mean come on people...

Yeah....I had to sigh at some posts.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

People underestimate the strategic and technological brilliance that is Rocket.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Is this current Drax?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By ComicStooge

GotG stomps

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Wolfrazer

@granitesoldier said:

@i_like_swords said:

Quite....seems to me characters get underestimated if they aren't human looking and look instead like animals.

qlawkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By qlawkes

@wolfrazer said:

@granitesoldier said:

@i_like_swords said:

Quite....seems to me characters get underestimated if they aren't human looking and look instead like animals.

Yep, Rocket is top tier as far as comic book geniuses go, and criminally over-equipped for most of his earthly match-ups.

I think Gamora gets treated even worse though. Maybe it's that she seems to prefer a weapon and style over unarmed brute force alone, but people tend to forget that she's a big deal with or without weaponry. Certainly, only Red Hulk could really hope to fight her for any real length of time here.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By tparks

@tparks: Is there any specific feats for his element gun regarding fire? Flash has tanked lots and lots of fire. And he ahould be on Guardians team not thunderbolts!

To be honest, Star-Lord is pretty limited in feats since Bendis took over. He has not even used the fire ability. Based off his classic showings with the gun, he could summon as much fire as he willed. It really was a no limit gun, and was completely controlled by his will. He has even commented that he has to be careful using it, because if he lost control, his elements could be too destructive.

He's capable of causing earthquakes, he's summoned an ocean's worth of water with a blast, has started hurricanes, and melted through space ships with the fire. Again, this is all classic Star-Lord, and it is unkown if he can still hit these levels.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The reason Venom was kept on the the Thunderbolts was to even the numbers and the matchup, or at least that was the attempt. For those who consider this to be a stomp, how does adding Ghost Rider to round one or adding Leader to round two change the equation?

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't believe people think Punisher is a better prepper than Rocket Raccoon. The guy has tech that makes Tony's stuff look like sticks and stones.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When did the thunderbolts change I thought they were blizzard, atlas, radioactive man( at first), songbird, speed demon, and abe? with bullseye and maybe hobgoblin.

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: @qlawkes: I don't all that much a the Guardian of the Galaxy, but I have been reading Thunderbolts, and Punisher, with prep Punisher fought the Avengers. This isn't as one sided as you might think. Just Saiyan. Also not underestimating Rocket. I think Punisher kills Starlord, hell maybe even Rocket. While Rulk fights Groot, Venom and Electra fight Gamora and Drax. But this is just how I see the fight.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oni_bane: I have a hard time thinking Punisher would be much of a threat in this. His best weapons are going to pale in comparison to the Guardians weapons and tech. Rocket makes fun of Earth based weapons all of the time because of how inferior they are. The first thing the Guardians did when Venom joined the team was take him to get some updated weapons so he could keep up with cosmic level threats. Drax was embarrassed to be seen with Agent Venom because his guns were so weak, and Agent Venom's guns on Earth were top of the line.

Give Punisher some Guardians quality weapons, and he would be a serious powerhouse. He could take on some very high tier characters and win.

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: With six hour prep, Punisher could go to a weapons cash, full of super villain weapons. I also agree with the last part of your statement as well.

With a some of the super villain weapons I've seen him use, he is threat and shouldn't be taken lightly.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Besides Rulk and Agent Venom (Flash dies from his stronger weapons) everyone on dies in one shot from Rocket and Thompson is the only one with greater mobility and the ability to dodge his blaster fire. RR with prep makes even more unfair.

qlawkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By qlawkes

@oni_bane said:

@tparks: With six hour prep, Punisher could go to a weapons cash, full of super villain weapons. I also agree with the last part of your statement as well.

With a some of the super villain weapons I've seen him use, he is threat and shouldn't be taken lightly.

Earthly super villain tech, of which the most powerful options are likely in use elsewhere, destroyed, or otherwise inaccessible. The highest level of earth tech, weaponry specifically included, has consistently been shown to be laughably impotent on the galactic stage. Others here have said it, but this is not a narrow gap Punisher is facing. Besides, even if he cancelled the GotG's massive tech advantage, he's not looking at any clean victories. Fairly certain his only feasible chance for a win would be Starlord (or Rocket, purely for the sake of conversation), and neither of them is lacking in skill, experience, or big wins. Absolute best-case-scenario, still has to fight the team's powerhouses after their wins.

@night4345 said:

Besides Rulk and Agent Venom (Flash dies from his stronger weapons) everyone on dies in one shot from Rocket and Thompson is the only one with greater mobility and the ability to dodge his blaster fire. RR with prep makes even more unfair.

Probably this, barring obligatory writer fight-balancing.

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@qlawkes: I am by no means saying that the Thunderbolts win (although the team is awesome). But I am just saying it not as one sided as everyone is making it out to be. Thank you for actually giving the Punisher the respect he deserves though. I would give it to the GoTG 6/10 times

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oni_bane said:

@qlawkes: I am by no means saying that the Thunderbolts win (although the team is awesome). But I am just saying it not as one sided as everyone is making it out to be. Thank you for actually giving the Punisher the respect he deserves though. I would give it to the GoTG 6/10 times

This is actually very lopsided. Were looking at a team that can put up fights with the best cosmic Marvel has to offer like Thanos, compared to a mostly street level team in the Thunderbolts. The power levels are drastically different. I don't think anyone is thinking Punisher is less skilled (besides Gamora who is way more skilled then anyone on Thunderbolts), but he is very outmatched in his power levels. He is also facing two of the best strategists in the Marvel Universe in Rocket and Star-Lord. One of Rocket's powers is that is mind can find the positive outcome of any situation. The Kree measure his brain activity and said he was the highest level strategist they've ever recorded.

Even if it wasn't for all of that, there is still no one strong enough on the Thunderbolts to do anything to Groot. Groot's tough to put in a battle thread, since there is basically no way to put him down anymore.