(GTAV) Trevor Philips vs (Marvel) The Punisher

• 78 results
badayoyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Each charecter is in full health with standerd armor, and one parachute.

They each have unlimited ammo with one of each:

Combat knife

Assault Rifle

Handgun

Combat Machine Gun

Shotgun

Sticky bombs

RPG

Sniper Rifle

Minigun

They both have a vehicle

Punisher's Battle van

Trevor's Truck with all max upgrades

Setting: in Los Santos

Story: Punisher is driving to Trevor's safehouse in Los Santos to kill Trevor but Trevor gets a warning call five minutes before the Punisher shows up.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Punisher easily

Avatar image for capedcrusader16
CapedCrusader16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trevor dies horribly

badayoyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By badayoyo

I'm leaning towards Trevor his feats in GTAV are impressive. He basically kicked everyone's a$$.

Novawing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Punisher without a doubt.

Luke-E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I like Trevor, he's not surviving this one, Punisher's life basically consists of routinely killing people like Trevor and to be fair Punisher has beat down some of the tougher street levelers in Marshall, we all know how deadly Punisher with a gun is too right? Punisher is gonna tear Trevor apart.

badayoyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luke-e: Does he routinely fight people as bad a$$ as Trevor, Really? I think people seem to underestimate Trevor he is literally the beddest man in the GTA universe.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 juiceboks  Moderator

@badayoyo: He hasn't done anything Punisher couldn't or hasn't a dozen times over.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@badayoyo: He hasn't done anything Punisher couldn't or hasn't a dozen times over.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me know when Punisher storms into a military case with a couple machine guns and kills everybody there, then steals a helicopter which he uses to steal a billion dollar government weapon of mass destruction.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 juiceboks  Moderator

@nickzambuto: You know..that's really not as impressive as your trying to make it out to be. I don't really see why Frank couldn't do the same considering he's better trained, more strategically inclined, and a better shot.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: You know..that's really not as impressive as your trying to make it out to be. I don't really see why Frank couldn't do the same considering he's better trained, more strategically inclined, and a better shot.

How on Earth is that not impressive? Trevor took on an entire military base. Dozens and hundreds of trained soldiers all shooting him at once. And he won. Cannon fodder or not, sheer numbers has to count for something. That's out of Frank's ability.

drowzyburro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have seen Trevor in action he is just some old bald headed man, punisher would destroy Trevor.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 juiceboks  Moderator

@nickzambuto: It's not impressive for the very reason you just stated. They were fodder, and Trevor doesn't bring anything to the table that Frank doesn't have in spades. How does taking on a military base translate to beating Punisher 1v1? I could easily argue that Trevor got lucky and would have died had the security been halfway competent(which they weren't). Trevor isn't a bullet-timer or anything close to it like Frank and he doesn't have any accolades when it comes to combat or marksmanship that Frank doesn't exceed in one way or another. So why is that one feat so far ahead of Punisher's capabilities?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: It's not impressive for the very reason you just stated. They were fodder, and Trevor doesn't bring anything to the table that Frank doesn't have in spades. How does taking on a military base translate to beating Punisher 1v1? I could easily argue that Trevor got lucky and would have died had the security been halfway competent(which they weren't). Trevor isn't a bullet-timer or anything close to it like Frank and he doesn't have any accolades when it comes to combat or marksmanship that Frank doesn't exceed in one way or another. So why is that one feat so far ahead of Punisher's capabilities?

So statements and presentation are better than actual feats? Prove the security wasn't competent. Sounds to me like you just like and respect Punisher more, when it's clear he can't replicate what Trevor has done. It's been said that Punisher has killed 2,000 people - Trevor killed that many throughout the few weeks that GTAV took place. His missions involve slaughtering dozens and dozens of enemies all at once. He's taken on tanks, attack choppers, and singlehandedly wiped out an entire biker gang. These are things Punisher has never done.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 juiceboks  Moderator

@nickzambuto: No..but Frank has Trevor beat in both. Proof that they were? They were nothing but cannon fodder that the player at that point in the game should be killing by the dozens with absolutely no trouble. Which is really all of Trevor's "feats"..theyre determined by game mechanics. Not even cutscenes. Trevor's actions are determined by the player's aptitude and not Trevor himself. These aren't technically Trevor's feats..theyre the players. You can't translate them to a battle such as this and technically Frank could accomplish them all the same way my little cousin did. By dying dozens of times as he made it to checkpoint after checkpoint. Punisher has done all of that stuff and more with only one life..not only that but he has feats against superhumans and other skilled characters on his level. Trevor doesn't and I could easily say he's not capable of half the stuff Frank does on a daily basis.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks said:

So statements and presentation are better than actual feats? Prove the security wasn't competent. Sounds to me like you just like and respect Punisher more, when it's clear he can't replicate what Trevor has done. It's been said that Punisher has killed 2,000 people - Trevor killed that many throughout the few weeks that GTAV took place. His missions involve slaughtering dozens and dozens of enemies all at once. He's taken on tanks, attack choppers, and singlehandedly wiped out an entire biker gang. These are things Punisher has never done.

was this in game play or a cutscene?

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@w0nd: It was in gameplay.

godofnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By godofnick

Punisher roflstomps.
People actually think that a psychotic meth head hick stands a chance against a vigilante who's highly trained, and was a marine?

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: It was in gameplay.

well then that's based on AI/ gameplay mechanics, and the player lol. I the player dies then what? If the player wins by the skin of his teeth, then what? video game characters are the worst. If there was a cutscene or something showing him take on these guys then you can see what kind of skill he has, if this is based on the player, the way he handled it could have ranged from being badass, to taking forever and barely....no?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 juiceboks  Moderator

@w0nd: That's exactly what I'm saying lol. Even if Trevor did do all of that stuff in cutscenes, that doesn't necessarily put him above Frank at all.

badayoyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: Your logic makes no sense the story cutscenes in GTAV does show him most of the time in the beginning and the end of a mission, rampage, etc…. what the player does or performs in the game is a mute-point because in reality Trevor doesn't die what happens is he gets to one cutscene to another doing the damage that is projected. The story is already there so all the feats in the game are real…not from the millions of gamers who play

Young_Murloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frank

badayoyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By badayoyo

@young_murloc: Franklin was freaked out by Trevor in GTAV so Trevor wins?

Young_Murloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@badayoyo: Frank as in Frank Castle the Punisher not Franklin from GTA lol.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@juiceboks said:

Actually, he's killed almost 50,000 people.

Honestly, Punisher has literally every advantage possible over Trevor. Killing fodder isn't half as impressive as half the stuff Frank's pulled off.

Hell, Frank could take all 3 GTA 5 protagonists and all GTA 4 protagonists at once and slaughter them all.

badayoyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@young_murloc: A little detail would of helpedd but seriously Frank CAstle is a washed up has been compared to the new bad a$$ in town. Trevor may be old but he's still the new breed anti-hero that acts just as crazy as how all the gamers play in GTAV. Trevor also has 5 minutes to set up for the Punisher,,, Frank will be punished

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@badayoyo said:

@young_murloc: A little detail would of helpedd but seriously Frank CAstle is a washed up has been compared to the new bad a$$ in town. Trevor may be old but he's still the new breed anti-hero that acts just as crazy as how all the gamers play in GTAV. Trevor also has 5 minutes to set up for the Punisher,,, Frank will be punished

Translation: I have no idea about the Punisher so I'll just ramble about how great Trevor is, to justify him winning.

badayoyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Are we talking about Frank Castle or Batman the king of PIS the man who can defeat Superman because you sound like some fanboy now.

Young_Murloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

@badayoyo said:

@comicstooge: Are we talking about Frank Castle or Batman the king of PIS the man who can defeat Superman because you sound like some fanboy now.

What are you talking about?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MonsterStomp

Honest to G?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ComicStooge

@badayoyo said:

Your laughable sense of denial doesn't change the fact that fight ends like so...

No Caption Provided

badayoyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagmar_merrill: @comicstooge: punisher is a loser compared to Trevor who's rich as hell by the end of GTAV…what does Puniser have to show for his years of badassery??? Becoming FrankenCastle?? Besides people point to Punisher's military training but Trevor was military too but they kicked his ass out because he is too crazy. Trevor is also a genious tacticion in GTAV

Dagmer: I'm talking about fanboyism and overestimating your favorite charecter like so many do Batman

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jashro44

@nickzambuto said:

Let me know when Punisher storms into a military case with a couple machine guns and kills everybody there, then steals a helicopter which he uses to steal a billion dollar government weapon of mass destruction.

Let me know when people in grand theft auto shoots someone as fast as spider-man.

@nickzambuto said:

Honestly I will acknowledge that at times video game characters get the short end of the stick when put up against comic characters......But these feats really don't sound that great. I mean is there anyone in the grand theft auto universe as skilled as daredevil? Frank has held his own in melee combat with daredevil before. Sure he's also been stomped but considering the quality of opponent he's facing thats not a bad thing. Or what about black widow? Anyone in grand theft auto universe even comparable to her? Frank has stalemated her in hand to hand. He has better feats but I don't think there required yet.

Fighting tanks and helicopters would be impressive....If Trevor were fighting a tank or helicopter. He's not though.

He's fighting a skilled, tactical marksman who knows what he's doing, and regularly goes up against super humans. Has Trevor shot anyone like wolverine before (who was actively trying to dodge bullets)? As mentioned above has he shot anyone like spider-man? What about burn out? Has he contended with someone like Daken?

I don't know much about grand theft auto but from what I'm hearing these feats aren't that impressive. I'm sorry but...They just aren't.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frank

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

616 Punisher>MAX Punisher>Trevor

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ComicStooge

In any case, you want fodder killing?

Punisher slaughters a paramilitary squad using only a knife:

No Caption Provided

That alone in more impressive than anything Trevor has done. Put him in the same scenario and Trevor would die.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ComicStooge

@badayoyo said:

@dagmar_merrill: @comicstooge: punisher is a loser compared to Trevor who's rich as hell by the end of GTAV…what does Puniser have to show for his years of badassery??? Becoming FrankenCastle?? Besides people point to Punisher's military training but Trevor was military too but they kicked his ass out because he is too crazy. Trevor is also a genious tacticion in GTAV

Dagmer: I'm talking about fanboyism and overestimating your favorite charecter like so many do Batman

FrankenCastle was freaking awesome. And that was 5 years ago.

In any case, I'm done responding to you. There's no point in debating with someone who can't even spell "character" or "genius" correctly. I'd get a better argument from a brick wall.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@badayoyo said:

@w0nd: Your logic makes no sense the story cutscenes in GTAV does show him most of the time in the beginning and the end of a mission, rampage, etc…. what the player does or performs in the game is a mute-point because in reality Trevor doesn't die what happens is he gets to one cutscene to another doing the damage that is projected. The story is already there so all the feats in the game are real…not from the millions of gamers who play

You are misunderstanding what the user is saying. The basis of his or her criticism is that actions taken in between cut-scenes by player input is completely arbitrary in sense that the player has multiple avenues available to them in order for them to complete the necessary accomplishes needed to progress the story, so gameplay sequences aren't a reliable means of trying to establish a character some feats.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

@badayoyo said:

In any case, I'm done responding to you. There's no point in debating with someone who can't even spell "character" or "genius" correctly. I'd get a better argument from a brick wall.

have you tried?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That alone in more impressive than anything Trevor has done. Put him in the same scenario and Trevor would die a virgin.

:O

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

@badayoyo said:

have you tried?

Hell yeah, I have.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ComicStooge

@comicstooge said:

That alone in more impressive than anything Trevor has done. Put him in the same scenario and Trevor would die a virgin.

:O

No Caption Provided

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Punisher

Eggnogui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points