User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By nefarious
Grifter
Grifter

Bane
 Bane

Setting:  Crime Alley ; Unpopulated.    

> Unarmed Combat only. 
> No psionic powers for Grifter. Bane is Not on Venom.
> Both have little knowledge about each other. 
> Elimination via Knock-out or Incapacitation. 
> Starting distance: Close-combat. 

Who wins this fight?
(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

Since it's unarmed combat only, I would back Bane for the win.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ThexX

I am going with Grifter he has special forces training and is trained by Zealot how fought Midnighter to a draw if i am not mistaken.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By jrock85

I'm going with Bane on this one.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#5  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@ThexX said:

I am going with Grifter he has special forces training and is trained by Zealot how fought Midnighter to a draw if i am not mistaken.

Zealot did train Grifter and fight Midnighter to a draw (or thereabouts) but she's walking around with around ten thousand years of combat training and experience and no matter how good a teacher she is, she didn't transfer all that knowledge and skill to Grifter in the short time she was training him.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sandiego008

@Buckshot: She probably passed enough on for him to beat bane ... bane is an awesome fighter but he is below top tier ... grifter in theory potentially in top tier ... I would give this to grifter.

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@sandiego008 said:

@Buckshot: She probably passed enough on for him to beat bane ... bane is an awesome fighter but he is below top tier ... grifter in theory potentially in top tier ... I would give this to grifter.

Bane is able to consistently give Bruce Wayne the fight of his life, even off Venom. He's about as close as anyone could possibly get to being Batman's equal. 
Grifter is really better than that

Mind you, I'm not trying to tear down your argument or anything. I'm just trying to learn more about Grifter. I have basic knowledge on him, but I was never under the impression that he is above the level of Batman's-near-equal in terms of hand to hand combat.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Saren

I'm going to say Bane, but my knowledge of Grifter's fights is limited to his two encounters with Midnighter, one fight with Zealot in the sewers where he lost, and his fight with one of the Kindred whose name escapes me.

EDIT: I checked. It was Paris.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By TDK_1997

I'm going with Bane on this because this is unarmed combat and I don't know that much for Grifter.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Stronger

@jrock85 said:

Me too

thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By thanobomb1124
@Buckshot

@ThexX said:

Zealot did train Grifter and fight Midnighter to a draw (or thereabouts) but she's walking around with around ten thousand years of combat training and experience and no matter how good a teacher she is, she didn't transfer all that knowledge and skill to Grifter in the short time she was training him.

Got the scans of the fight?
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By ReVamp

Bane.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By nefarious

We all love Bane.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@(((Prodigy))) said:
@sandiego008 said:

Bane is able to consistently give Bruce Wayne the fight of his life, even off Venom. He's about as close as anyone could possibly get to being Batman's equal. 
Grifter is really better than that?  Mind you, I'm not trying to tear down your argument or anything. I'm just trying to learn more about Grifter. I have basic knowledge on him, but I was never under the impression that he is above the level of Batman's-near-equal in terms of hand to hand combat.
Grifter gave Zealot a good fight in just h2h.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Saren

@Morpheus_ said:

@(((Prodigy))) said:
@sandiego008 said:

Grifter is really better than that? Mind you, I'm not trying to tear down your argument or anything. I'm just trying to learn more about Grifter. I have basic knowledge on him, but I was never under the impression that he is above the level of Batman's-near-equal in terms of hand to hand combat.
Grifter gave Zealot a good fight in just h2h.

In WildC.A.T.S #23? Wasn't Zealot making out with Cole half the time during that fight? Didn't seem like she was taking it all that seriously.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By darktiger

Grifter kills bane he has tp plus his fighting skills are better,all he has to do is use his weaponry and tp to confuse bane then knock him out

Avatar image for protectyournose
protectyournose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By protectyournose

@Stronger said:

@jrock85 said:

Me too