#1 Posted by Nefarious (20653 posts) - - Show Bio
Grifter
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
 Bane
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
Setting:  Crime Alley ; Unpopulated.    
 
> Unarmed Combat only. 
> No psionic powers for Grifter. Bane is Not on Venom.
> Both have little knowledge about each other. 
> Elimination via Knock-out or Incapacitation. 
> Starting distance: Close-combat. 
 
Who wins this fight?
#2 Posted by (((Prodigy))) (2443 posts) - - Show Bio

Since it's unarmed combat only, I would back Bane for the win.

#3 Posted by ThexX (1570 posts) - - Show Bio

I am going with Grifter he has special forces training and is trained by Zealot how fought Midnighter to a draw if i am not mistaken.

#4 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Bane on this one.

#5 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThexX said:

I am going with Grifter he has special forces training and is trained by Zealot how fought Midnighter to a draw if i am not mistaken.

Zealot did train Grifter and fight Midnighter to a draw (or thereabouts) but she's walking around with around ten thousand years of combat training and experience and no matter how good a teacher she is, she didn't transfer all that knowledge and skill to Grifter in the short time she was training him.

Moderator
#6 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot: She probably passed enough on for him to beat bane ... bane is an awesome fighter but he is below top tier ... grifter in theory potentially in top tier ... I would give this to grifter.

#7 Posted by (((Prodigy))) (2443 posts) - - Show Bio
@sandiego008 said:

@Buckshot: She probably passed enough on for him to beat bane ... bane is an awesome fighter but he is below top tier ... grifter in theory potentially in top tier ... I would give this to grifter.

Bane is able to consistently give Bruce Wayne the fight of his life, even off Venom. He's about as close as anyone could possibly get to being Batman's equal. 
Grifter is really better than that
 
Mind you, I'm not trying to tear down your argument or anything. I'm just trying to learn more about Grifter. I have basic knowledge on him, but I was never under the impression that he is above the level of Batman's-near-equal in terms of hand to hand combat.
#8 Edited by Saren (25697 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to say Bane, but my knowledge of Grifter's fights is limited to his two encounters with Midnighter, one fight with Zealot in the sewers where he lost, and his fight with one of the Kindred whose name escapes me.

EDIT: I checked. It was Paris.

Moderator
#9 Posted by TDK_1997 (14902 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Bane on this because this is unarmed combat and I don't know that much for Grifter.

#10 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

I'm going with Bane on this one.

Me too

#11 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2015 posts) - - Show Bio
@Buckshot

@ThexX said:

I am going with Grifter he has special forces training and is trained by Zealot how fought Midnighter to a draw if i am not mistaken.

Zealot did train Grifter and fight Midnighter to a draw (or thereabouts) but she's walking around with around ten thousand years of combat training and experience and no matter how good a teacher she is, she didn't transfer all that knowledge and skill to Grifter in the short time she was training him.

Got the scans of the fight?
#12 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane.

#13 Posted by Nefarious (20653 posts) - - Show Bio

We all love Bane.

#14 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@(((Prodigy))) said:
@sandiego008 said:

@Buckshot: She probably passed enough on for him to beat bane ... bane is an awesome fighter but he is below top tier ... grifter in theory potentially in top tier ... I would give this to grifter.

Bane is able to consistently give Bruce Wayne the fight of his life, even off Venom. He's about as close as anyone could possibly get to being Batman's equal. 
Grifter is really better than that?  Mind you, I'm not trying to tear down your argument or anything. I'm just trying to learn more about Grifter. I have basic knowledge on him, but I was never under the impression that he is above the level of Batman's-near-equal in terms of hand to hand combat.
Grifter gave Zealot a good fight in just h2h.
Moderator
#15 Posted by Saren (25697 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@(((Prodigy))) said:
@sandiego008 said:

@Buckshot: She probably passed enough on for him to beat bane ... bane is an awesome fighter but he is below top tier ... grifter in theory potentially in top tier ... I would give this to grifter.

Bane is able to consistently give Bruce Wayne the fight of his life, even off Venom. He's about as close as anyone could possibly get to being Batman's equal.
Grifter is really better than that? Mind you, I'm not trying to tear down your argument or anything. I'm just trying to learn more about Grifter. I have basic knowledge on him, but I was never under the impression that he is above the level of Batman's-near-equal in terms of hand to hand combat.
Grifter gave Zealot a good fight in just h2h.

In WildC.A.T.S #23? Wasn't Zealot making out with Cole half the time during that fight? Didn't seem like she was taking it all that seriously.

Moderator
#16 Posted by darktiger (4619 posts) - - Show Bio

Grifter kills bane he has tp plus his fighting skills are better,all he has to do is use his weaponry and tp to confuse bane then knock him out

#17 Posted by protectyournose (908 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stronger said:

@jrock85 said:

I'm going with Bane on this one.

Me too

Me Three.