Grievous vs Black Knight and Silver Samurai and possible others

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

General Grievous (expanded universe) vs Black Knight (classic) and Silver Samurai (standard).

General Grievous
General Grievous
Black Knight
Black Knight
Silver Samurai
Silver Samurai

Grievous has 4 light sabers. Black Knight has the Ebony Blade; it does not afford any special defensive protection for him. Silver Samurai has Carbonadium armor and a katana.

I'm not entirely sure if this battle is even. If Grievous is too powerful for this to be an even match, add Snake Eyes with an Antarctic Vibranium katana to the team. Still not enough? Add Grendel Prime with a laser sword.

Snake Eyes
Snake Eyes
Grendel Prime
Grendel Prime

(I may be overestimating Grievous here with this expanded team; I don't know too much about his EU exploits but figure anyone who can kill Jedi, considering their Force abilities, is pretty tough.)

They all have a basic knowledge of the others' abilities. No morals. Fight takes place in a medieval castle, and starts at 30'.

How does this battle go? Can Silver Samurai and Black Knight beat Grievous on their own? Can Grievous successfully take on all four?

spystreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By spystreak

I don't know much about EU Grevious either what I do know is he is a coward the moment the battle starts looking grim he's going to retreat but I think he may be able to pull this off despite his cowardice he has shown quite a bit of Skill in combat with Lightsabers since Dooku trained him in several forms saber combat (maybe all of them) I'm not as fammiliar with the Starwars universe as I was years ago so my Knowledge of EU is a bit Rusty

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

JXM vs. k4tz!

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Decoy Elite

Hurm. Need to know more about Black Knight.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By owie  Moderator

@Decoy Elite said:

Hurm. Need to know more about Black Knight.

He's supposed to be one of the premier sword fighters in Marvel; he beat the Swordsman. The Ebony Blade can supposedly cut through anything, and can disrupt magic. It is also supposedly indestructible.

One thing I'm interested in here is the relative "can cut through anything" abilities of all these swords--light sabers, Ebony Blade, SS's tachyon-enhanced katana, an Antarctic Vibranium sword, etc. Some people's weapons may not hold up against others', which may be a deciding factor.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By batkevin74

I got Erik Arreaga to draw this for me pitting GG Vs some familiar faces. Sure it has bugger all to do with your battle scenario but it does show what 4 Vs 1 four-armed man can do

No Caption Provided

Yup GG Vs TMNJT!

But if you say that here in the Comic Vine battle zone that lightsabers & adamantium are equal then sure it's possible for Black Knight, Snake Eyes, Silver Samurai & Grendel to take down the General

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By owie  Moderator

@batkevin74 said:

I got Erik Arreaga to draw this for me pitting GG Vs some familiar faces. Sure it has bugger all to do with your battle scenario but it does show what 4 Vs 1 four-armed man can do

No Caption Provided

Yup GG Vs TMNJT!

But if you say that here in the Comic Vine battle zone that lightsabers & adamantium are equal then sure it's possible for Black Knight, Snake Eyes, Silver Samurai & Grendel to take down the General

Nice pic.

I'm no light saber expert, but I would personally guess they couldn't cut through adamantium. Nobody has adamantium here though. I think probably they couldn't cut through the Black Knight's sword, because its invulnerability is due to magic, not just physical properties. I'm less sure that if there was a sword-on-sword clash between Grievous and Silver Samurai that Samurai's tachyon-enhanced sword would survive. Samurai may avoid sword-on-sword clashes, but it would be hard to keep that up forever. A vibranium sword might survive a light saber clash, I don't know, but it would melt Grievous's metal.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sandiego008

@Owie: I think it would be smart to assume no one swords cut through each others swords ... or we might have no swords in this sword fight. Battle of the sword hilts!!

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Ferro Vida

Grievous takes this. He took on six Jedi at once, including at least three masters.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By owie  Moderator

@sandiego008 said:

@Owie: I think it would be smart to assume no one swords cut through each others swords ... or we might have no swords in this sword fight. Battle of the sword hilts!!

I know, I was kind of thinking that might be the result!

@Ferro Vida said:

Grievous takes this. He took on six Jedi at once, including at least three masters.

Did he beat them?

Can you explain to me how he does this? I don't understand how he compensates for their Force abilities. I would think 6 people with the Force ought to toast any non-Force enemy.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sandiego008

@Owie said:

@Ferro Vida said:

Did he beat them?

Can you explain to me how he does this? I don't understand how he compensates for their Force abilities. I would think 6 people with the Force ought to toast any non-Force enemy.

This intrigues me as well .. I'm not a star wars follower ... but what is "took on at least three masters" mean ... dodged them, beat them .. but taking on 6 jedi at once is a feat in itself but if 3 are masters I question what is going on. Maybe I am downplaying grievous ..

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ferro Vida

@Owie: @sandiego008:

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By owie  Moderator

@Ferro Vida said:

@Owie: @sandiego008:

Well that was pretty clear in terms of his melee abilities, although I think the general lack of use of the Force was kind of PIS; they threw stuff at him, but didn't just pick him up and batter him against things, for instance. But the Force question is irrelevant to this thread. If this is canon, and if it's consistent with his other showings, then I have to say he could probably take the team in this thread.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sandiego008

@Ferro Vida: are we basing this on comics/anime/ or movies ... has he done such in comics? I ask because i don't know.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ferro Vida
@sandiego008: Why would you restrict the canon showings for this thread? That episode from the cartoon is part of Star Wars canon. I don't know what you are referring to with the anime. Is cartoon okay and the other one not?
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Owie: I think the point was that he was too quick for them to use the force on him like that. 

But yeah, Grievous was a badass before Obi Wan injured him. And even afterwards he was still dangerous. Depending on whether you are using pre-injury or post injury Grievous will dictate the outcome of this thread.
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By batkevin74

Yeah I think GG takes this, mainly coz even in the videoclip he's only using 2 arms. He gets up to 2 arms and a foot. Imagine if he broke out all 4 arms & 1 foot, he'd kill The Balck Knight, Grendel, Silver Samurai, Snake Eyes AND The 4 Ninja Jedi Turtles!

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Silver2467

Grievous' performance at Hypori is not indicative of his standard combat showings. He can and has beaten multiple Jedi simultaneously before, but on no other occasion has he so casually handled multiple Jedi Masters. That being said, he can and has also fought and beaten Jedi Masters before. He killed Adi Gallia, stalemated Mace Windu, held his own against Kit Fisto (whose Shi-Cho form is advantageous against Grievous), held his own against Obi-Wan (whose Soresu form is also advantageous against Grievous), regularly holds his own against Dooku (Dooku, in his own inner musings, has admitted that Grievous can give him a challenge), and so on. Dooku both in Yoda: Dark Rendezvous and Labyrinth of Evil has considered Grievous the most formidable fighter out of all of his subordinates, which includes characters such as Asajj Ventress and Sora Bulq. Grievous has run so fast he seemed to teleport, can fight faster than thought, can move his blades so fast he produces huge blurring afterglows resembling "tornadoes," etc.  

Not really sure I can say who wins because his opponents in this thread are mostly outside my knowledge base, but this gives a better idea of his abilities.

BattleHeiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BattleHeiz

I'll go with fully charged Grendel Prime

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By owie  Moderator

@Silver2467 said:

Grievous' performance at Hypori is not indicative of his standard combat showings. He can and has beaten multiple Jedi simultaneously before, but on no other occasion has he so casually handled multiple Jedi Masters. That being said, he can and has also fought and beaten Jedi Masters before. He killed Adi Gallia, stalemated Mace Windu, held his own against Kit Fisto (whose Shi-Cho form is advantageous against Grievous), held his own against Obi-Wan (whose Soresu form is also advantageous against Grievous), regularly holds his own against Dooku (Dooku, in his own inner musings, has admitted that Grievous can give him a challenge), and so on. Dooku both in Yoda: Dark Rendezvous and Labyrinth of Evil has considered Grievous the most formidable fighter out of all of his subordinates, which includes characters such as Asajj Ventress and Sora Bulq. Grievous has run so fast he seemed to teleport, can fight faster than thought, can move his blades so fast he produces huge blurring afterglows resembling "tornadoes," etc. Not really sure I can say who wins because his opponents in this thread are mostly outside my knowledge base, but this gives a better idea of his abilities.

Thanks that helps put it in context. The team here is mostly made of normal humans, so theoretically they probably shouldn't be able to handle his superhuman speed very easily then. I assume the Jedi can handle this level of speed through their use of the Force to increase their own speed. Grendel Prime is the exception out of them, he's a cyborg with somewhat superhuman speed and strength. All of them are among the very top melee fighters in their respective universes, so I think their skill helps out, especially since its four against one (even if the one has four arms). If it was based purely on skill and we ignored speed, etc., I think most of the team would be about at his level. So if we take the video battle as an unusually high showing, and take into account the fights you mentioned, I could see the team winning some, but maybe not a majority.

BattleHeiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BattleHeiz

@Owie: I always though Hunter Rose was better

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Manchine

Grievous against 1 of these guys I would give him the win. Against multiple got to say no he won't win. Fighting against the best sword fighters is hard for him, although I still see him winning 1 on 1. Going 2 on one against Comics BEST Swordsmen he's just gonna lose. Being master (edit) *Jedi* does not make them Great Swordsmen, Good yes but not great.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By owie  Moderator

@BattleHeiz said:

I think Hunter was the best/most skilled fighter of the Grendels, and his fork is a really cool weapon, but I chose Grendel Prime here because he sometimes carried a laser sword, and I wanted that so it could be a match for Grievous' lightsabers.

BattleHeiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BattleHeiz

@Owie said:

@BattleHeiz said:

I think Hunter was the best/most skilled fighter of the Grendels, and his fork is a really cool weapon, but I chose Grendel Prime here because he sometimes carried a laser sword, and I wanted that so it could be a match for Grievous' lightsabers.

Yes but when fully charged he is pretty damn unstoppable

Droideka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Droideka

If he defeated 7 Jedi at Hypori, Grievous can EASILY defeat those guys! (He defeated Master Barrek, Sha'agi, K'Kruhk, Aayla Secura, Shaak Ti, Ki Adi Mundi, Ki Adi Mundi's apprentice)

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jeanroygrant

@BattleHeiz said:

I'll go with fully charged Grendel Prime