Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I think if hulk can beat them. that two smarter beings with similar power sets can take out the ufoes

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperlight: IIRC the U-Foes have defeated the Hulk before.

And don't forget the area is populated.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@hyperlight: IIRC the U-Foes have defeated the Hulk before.

And don't forget the area is populated.

I don't really recall Hulk losing to the U-foes but one shoting Vector while he was repelling reality itself, and one shoting both Vector and IronClad after losing what it seems to be 90% of his body mass.

No Caption Provided

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: They beat him in Incredible Hulk vol. 2 #276 and in Heroes for Hire #1

No Caption Provided

Also they were able to hold there own with the Mindless Hulk ( one of the most powerful versions) in Incredible Hulk vol. 2 #305

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlordeternal: Nice, would you mind to drop some context? Scans if you have them.

Anyway, how is Mindless Hulk one of the most powerful versions of Hulk? What feats does Mindless Hulk posses to put him above Pak's Hulk, War Hulk and Bannerless Hulk? The only thing i could attribute to that Hulk is the tendency to be immune to draining attacks.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage said:

Nice, would you mind to drop some context? Scans if you have them.

I'll post what I have

In Incredible Hulk #276 Banner is in control of the Hulk, and the U-Foes have gotten control of their powers. X-Ray uses negative gamma rays to force Banner to become human again.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In Heroes for Hire #1 Vapor starts to choke Hulk before he realizes what is happening. In his weakened state Ironclad knocks Hulk out with a boulder.

In Incredible Hulk #305 Hulk is abandoned at the Crossroads. The U-Foes are also sent there based upon Vector’s repeling power that drives them out of Earth’s universe. The fight is great, but Hulk leads each U-Foe into another dimension, and while he returns they do not for quite some time.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Anyway, how is Mindless Hulk one of the most powerful versions of Hulk? What feats does Mindless Hulk posses to put him above Pak's Hulk, War Hulk and Bannerless Hulk? The only thing i could attribute to that Hulk is the tendency to be immune to draining attacks.

The Mindless Hulk possesses all the powers of the Savage Hulk with one notable exception. While the power works the same way the results are very different. The Mindless Hulk is a result of Bruce Banner completely withdrawing himself from the equation of the Hulk. As a result the anger of the Hulk, and therefore the strength, is limitless.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GhostRavage

@warlordeternal:

I do remember the instance of multiple dimensions, that's when Hulk and Ironclad perform the infamous "punch felt in infinite dimensions" feat. Anyway, i rather say they may have a chance against Grey Hulk, however, i don't consider X-Ray as being powerful enough to turn Savage Hulk back to Banner when several people significantly above him have failed, let alone Mindless Hulk and IIRC, Hulk is highly resistant to poison gases, nonetheless, given the situation its Grey Hulk which has a more "educated" mind set than Savage Hulk, i can see him thunderclapping Vapor away.

As for the Mindless Hulk explanation, yeah, basing ourselves in what the "Mindless" state potentially has to offer, yeah, it should be the strongest incarnation of Hulk. However, we've seen Hulk being separated from Banner more than once.

• We have Onslaught's instance where Shrapnel Hulk tells Phoenix Jean to turn off Banner's side from Hulk. In this case your definition applies for the Bannerless Hulk since you said this...

The Mindless Hulk is a result of Bruce Banner completely withdrawing himself from the equation of the Hulk. As a result the anger of the Hulk, and therefore the strength, is limitless.

In the instance he did surpass everybody by busting Onslaught's armor, however, it falls short in comparison to what WBH has shown. Anyway, it needs to be mentioned, that Hulk forms part of Banner, therefore, they need to be together to exploit the real nature of their potential. Hulk was even dying after Onslaught Saga with all the Heroes Reborn and Earth 616 separation (kind of blurry with this though).

We also have Jason Aaron's run which main basis is Hulk dumping out Banner from himself after going to Dr. Doom for a lobotomy. The result of this is a Hulk completely independent from Banner.

At best he shook the Earth by fighting some amped Wildboars, which still falls significantly short in comparison to WBH with all the "start tearing the Earth down by walking" feat, which happens to be the most harmonic Banner/Hulk run so far.

This analysis makes me think that instead of assuming Hulk will actually exploit his limitless strength by turning off the Banner side, is more likely to happen if both are in harmony and/or both want the same goal. This way of do things is actually working pretty good for them in Indestructible Hulk.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WarlordEternal

@ghostravage: Actually the difference between Mindless Hulk and Bannerless Hulk is that Banner wasn't separated. As stated before the Mindless Hulk is the Hulk without the Bruce Banner persona exercising any influence. Banner had just "enjoyed" the longest run of his brain in the Hulk's body to date, but lost control both due to his own insecurities and the influence of Nightmare. Bruce was tired of fighting the Savage Hulk, who was trying to get out, and as a result withdrew completely.

Mindless Hulk does not suffer from a separation like Bannerless or Nutrient Bath Hulk as Banner isn't missing from his mind but merely locked deep away.

Someone had a theory that perhaps the Mindless Hulk is an incarnation of Banner's state of babyhood. When Dr. Strange finds Bruce withdrawn within Hulk's mind he finds him curled up in the fetal position as a baby in a womb. The proposed idea of Banner's psychic suicide is dismissed as he resurfaces after a time. Another reason we could be lead to believe the Mindless Hulk represents Banner as a baby is that each time Mindless went out he seemed to learn. Usually a very hard lesson. But Hulk only remained speechless for a short time. Eventually Hulk learned and acted more as he learned more. Eventually Mindless' learning lead to the re-emergence of the Savage Hulk, long recognized as Banner's childhood, as a baby will turn into a child through learning and growth. Banner's hurt goes all the way back to his days as a baby when his father would do his best to keep Bruce alienated from his mother.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlordeternal: The theory sounds a lot more reliable than to say Mindless is one of the strongest incarnations of Hulk. I think Pak's Hulk, Bannerless and War Hulk should be stronger due to feats.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By OreoAssassin

Grey Hulk and She Hulk. Hulks defeated them and recently Venom put up a really good fight against them

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WarlordEternal

@ghostravage: Bannerless Hulk's power was actually in a state of flux causing him to weaken sometimes which allowed him to be impaled by a stop sign.

While I agree that War Hulk and Pak's Hulk are stronger due to feats, lets not forget about when they showed up. Mindless hulk is a pretty old version and during that time he was the strongest version ever seen.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: Bannerless Hulk's power was actually in a state of flux causing him to weaken sometimes which allowed him to be impaled by a stop sign.

While I agree that War Hulk and Pak's Hulk are stronger due to feats, lets not forget about when they showed up. Mindless hulk is a pretty old version and during that time he was the strongest version ever seen.

• yeah, that's the instance i was referring to... It was because the Hulk entity existed in 2 different universes at the same time, he was dying because the energy of 2 universes was passing through his body or something like that.
  • True, its quite old in comparison to the others. By that moment, yeah, he could be the strongest.