#1 Edited by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

Grendel

VS

Shang-Chi

Rules

• Morals are on
  • Standard gear (Shang has his electrified nun-chucks)
  • Random encounter
  • Win by KO/Death/Incapacitation

• Begin 10 feet apart
  • Fight takes place here:

Who wins and why?

#2 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: I have to go out but I'm gonna book mark this till later.

#4 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: To be honest I know little about Shang chi but If his ranking in Marvel is accurate it may go either way. Hunter doesn't have morals and is the personification of human aggression and predation If Shang Chi isn't serious about killing him he may die. What is Shang's agility like? I've only read one comic of him and I recall him being pretty skilled.

#6 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell: He was agile enough to train spider-man and teach him his way of the spider:

Should be noted Peter didn't have spider-sense and its just a spar. He also was using special gloves and shoes to allow him to walk on walls. I could try digging up some other stuff if you want?

#7 Edited by Owie (3299 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha! Nice matchup of electric nunchucks vs Grendel's electric fork. I didn't even know Shang had those.

I think if you go strictly by feats, it's probably pretty even, since Grendel didn't go up against the range of opponents that Shang has available in the MU. Shang certainly has the respect of top fighters like Iron Fist and Black Panther. Of course, Hunter's fight against Batman is a pretty good feat. And he did fare very well, often winning, against the superhuman Argent over many fights. Beyond that I may argue that Grendel's mutant brain (giving him a Deathstroke-like ability to use his brain's whole potential for strategic use, and an almost literal infallibility when it comes to accuracy) gives him an innate advantage that, while small, may give him a win over the long run.

Here's his assassination of 20+ gangsters before most of them can even move, as a speed feat. They're in reverse order. You may have to download the one on the right to read it since it's made from multiple pages put together.

I've read a variety of Shang Chi's stuff but not as much of the very recent things in Secret Avengers and whatnot. I'd be curious to see more if you've got it.

#8 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (4465 posts) - - Show Bio

Shang-chi

#9 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@nelomaxwell: He was agile enough to train spider-man and teach him his way of the spider:

Should be noted Peter didn't have spider-sense and its just a spar. He also was using special gloves and shoes to allow him to walk on walls. I could try digging up some other stuff if you want?

How serious is he in a fight?

#10 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell: It was just a spar (Shang chi helped spider-man create his way of the spider). So Peter wasn't to serious.

#11 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: No I mean in general, what is his level of seriousness? Hunter plays around quite a bit, but has grown so adept at killing people in this state that he doesn't ever need to be super serious.