#1 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10361 posts) - - Show Bio

Random encounter.

Takes place in NYC

Prime is fully charged

It's broad day light

Morals on

Win by Kill or KO

No solar flare or laser weapons for Prime.

No one is bloodlusted

Who wins and why?

#2 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10361 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by i_like_swords (12585 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10361 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by i_like_swords (12585 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell: I guess it depends on Grendels energy limit. But Luther should be fast and durable enough to outlast him while putting a good hurting on him. Once his energy is drained, Luther ends the fight.

#6 Edited by Nelomaxwell (10361 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell: I guess it depends on Grendels energy limit. But Luther should be fast and durable enough to outlast him while putting a good hurting on him. Once his energy is drained, Luther ends the fight.

But the question is will the fight last that long?

#7 Posted by i_like_swords (12585 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell: Well I don't have the answer to that question.

#8 Posted by Owie (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on his wiki, it looks like Strode would have the probable edge on strength, they're probably around the same durability. Strode seems like he has a top-level healing factor which could heal almost any damage Prime does to him. And Strode has precognition too. I think Strode wins a decent majority, but it would be a good fight.

#9 Posted by Soothing_Sounds (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

Could go either way, but i also think Luthor Strode should take it 7-8. If Grendel had his other powers weapons and abilities, i would give it to him based solely off the wiki.

#10 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10361 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Owie (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

A better chance, at least. But it's unclear to me what it would take to really put Luthor down. I mean in one of the scans on his entry, he was choking a guy with his intestines.

#12 Posted by Soothing_Sounds (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell: Yes. I personally have never seen a Grendel Prime comic, but he seems to be on par stat wise to Luthor. Luthor has precog and an amazing hf backed by great pain tolerance. But against a skilled dude with a laser sword, i see Grendel winning this, but only slightly.