owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

Grendel-Prime vs Boba Fett

Grendel-Prime in the Devil Quest era, when he has been highly rebuilt; laser sword, gauss pistol, plasma rifle, and missile gauntlet, and other standard abilities. He is fully charged.

Boba Fett is EU, beskar armor and normal gear.

Battle takes place in the arena at Geonosis, starting at 20', in the daytime.

In character, win by any means.

Who wins and why?

Grendel-Prime
Grendel-Prime
Boba Fett
Boba Fett

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Im going to go ahead and say that its Grendel. Considering he took down a giant robot.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 owie  Moderator
Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

And I was literally just thinking to make this... -_-

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 owie  Moderator

@shiryu said:

And I was literally just thinking to make this... -_-

Cool (I hate when that happens too!)...what's your take on the fight then.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@owie:Looking through your respect thread, I feel like Boba will eventually be overwhelmed. Prime is no slouch in skill and both fighters have some formidable equipment. Assuming Prime's flight can be sustained indefinitely, that advantage is neutralized for Boba.

It's a great match but I think Prime's android physiology ultimately provides him an advantage here.

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read your respect thread, Boba wins.

He really can't be harmed by any if his weapons, even the energy sword.

A thermal detonator to the face should do the trick

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The guy who looks like Venom with a lightsaber.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 owie  Moderator

@shiryu said:

@owie:Looking through your respect thread, I feel like Boba will eventually be overwhelmed. Prime is no slouch in skill and both fighters have some formidable equipment. Assuming Prime's flight can be sustained indefinitely, that advantage is neutralized for Boba.

It's a great match but I think Prime's android physiology ultimately provides him an advantage here.

Prime's flight capabilities are unfortunately not very well documented. Without better evidence I would guess Fett is more maneuverable in flight. I do think his cyborg physiology makes him hard to take down.

I read your respect thread, Boba wins.

He really can't be harmed by any if his weapons, even the energy sword.

A thermal detonator to the face should do the trick

I agree that Boba's beskar armor plates are probably invulnerable to any of Prime's weapons. However, the plates only cover certain parts of his body, the rest is covered by a cloth-like weave that is certainly very damage resistant, but I think most of Prime's weapons could penetrate it, from his more conventional weapons to his unidirectional solar flare.

Another option for Prime is simply to engage him in H2H; they're starting pretty close, and Prime is significantly stronger than Fett. All he really has to do is grab him and break his limbs to incap him to a high degree, and since his limbs are mostly not protected by the beskar, that's possible to do. Given his speed, and his generally visceral style of fighting, that's probably not an unlikely tactic for him to use.

Granted it's not an unbeatable tactic either--Fett could try to escape by air, although he's not going to know about Prime's strength ahead of time so I don't know if he would.

I'm not sure Boba would go with a thermal detonator from up close, as he'd be caught in the blast as well, at least if he tried that right off the bat from only 20' apart. Plus Prime has withstood some pretty major damage, such as a barrage of missiles from a mech and being catapulted across a city; the thermal detonator may not take him out on its own. Now if Fett flies up right away and turns the fight into a ranged battle right from the start, this may be a more effective option. Whether he would normally do that, and whether Prime would let him get a chance to do that, is another question.