Avatar image for rolandthunder25
Rolandthunder25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rolandthunder25

The most Legendary Grendel of all time...Hunter Rose vs One of Marvel's most Lethal Martial arts masters...The Cat

Both meeting unexpectedly as Grendel attempts to Kill a Diplomat The Cat has been hired to protect. Who do you think would win?

I like them both so this one is hard for me...I want to know who you pick and why...make your case.

Rolandthunder25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Rolandthunder25

Hmmm...no takers yet? Maybe I'm too "Old School" for everyone...?

Avatar image for the_cramoisi_fleur
The Cramoisi Fleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Cat is tight but his showings are so limited its hard to rank him among Marvel's top tier.

Rolandthunder25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rolandthunder25

Well, he's shown to be Shang-Chi's Equal in may cases as well as having the ability to easily beat Deadpool on at least two separate occasions...

Rolandthunder25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rolandthunder25

Canm anyone help me with this one? I'd really like to know what some of you think...I can't decide :-(

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6  Edited By owie  Moderator

I'm going for Hunter Rose. I'm not directly familiar with the Cat, but have read about him. Impressive to beat Deadpool, didn't know about that. I didn't think he had any recent appearances.

But Hunter is my man, and he was able to take on Batman (even if he lost eventually). So at least partially because I am a hard core Grendel partisan, and partially based on facts, I am going for Hunter in the end.

Rolandthunder25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rolandthunder25

@Owie said:

I'm going for Hunter Rose. I'm not directly familiar with the Cat, but have read about him. Impressive to beat Deadpool, didn't know about that. I didn't think he had any recent appearances.

But Hunter is my man, and he was able to take on Batman (even if he lost eventually). So at least partially because I am a hard core Grendel partisan, and partially based on facts, I am going for Hunter in the end.

Thanks for your opinion, I'm pretty familiar with both and a big fan of Hunter Rose, but The Cat is seen as one of the top Marvel martial Artists, even capable of shattering objects made of steel...

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By owie  Moderator

@Rolandthunder25 said:

@Owie said:

Thanks for your opinion, I'm pretty familiar with both and a big fan of Hunter Rose, but The Cat is seen as one of the top Marvel martial Artists, even capable of shattering objects made of steel...

Well hard to say then. I know Cat's rep, but was assuming he pretty much just existed in the old days, if he's continued to have impressive feats, fighting against super powered opponents, then maybe he could do it.

One thing about Hunter that keeps him at a certain level is that he lost to Argent, who in my opinion is not exactly a super-duper opponent. If that's his ceiling, so to speak, then there are a number of people we think of as street level that could beat him, because most super hero street levelers could (I think) take Argent.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jeanroygrant

cat

Rolandthunder25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rolandthunder25

@Owie: True, bit I think that was plot/fate more than anything...still I think the fight would be a good one if you take into account Hunter Rose's showing against Batman.

Rolandthunder25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rolandthunder25

@Owie said:

@Rolandthunder25 said:

@Owie said:

Well hard to say then. I know Cat's rep, but was assuming he pretty much just existed in the old days, if he's continued to have impressive feats, fighting against super powered opponents, then maybe he could do it.

One thing about Hunter that keeps him at a certain level is that he lost to Argent, who in my opinion is not exactly a super-duper opponent. If that's his ceiling, so to speak, then there are a number of people we think of as street level that could beat him, because most super hero street levelers could (I think) take Argent.

No Caption Provided

True, but if he manages to use stealth and surprises Cat with his electrified Devil's Fork, he could pull out a win...

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By owie  Moderator

@Rolandthunder25 said:

True, but if he manages to use stealth and surprises Cat with his electrified Devil's Fork, he could pull out a win...

I was thinking that too, that would probably turn the tables. It's hard, because he doesn't get a chance to prove himself against other characters. Mostly he just cleans up killing normal people. But the Batman fight was solid. So who do you think would win, Hunter or Eppy Thatcher? I'd make a thread about it, but I don't think there are enough Grendel fans out there to answer it.

Rolandthunder25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rolandthunder25

I'm not that knowledgeable on Eppy Thatcher, but from what I can find, he seems pretty smart but also on the verge of insanity, so Hunter Rose may be able to use that to his advantage and stab/shock him to death...the again, like I said, I don't know too much about him :-/