No Caption Provided
Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is an interesting fight. The mountain isn't necessarily known as a great swordsman, he's just overwhelmingly powerful. Drogo is overwhelmingly powerful as well, but is also a very skilled warrior. Without armor, this would be a stomp for Drogo in my opinion. With armor, that's a harder sell. It depends on whether the mountain fights intelligently, or if he blows himself up trying to rush Drogo. Drogo is used to being the big dog in any fight, so there's an adjustment he needs to make as well that would put him off his regular battle strategy. Without armor, Drogo stomp, with armor, maybe drogo 59%?

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By bigcimmerian

bump

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

I usually back a skilled knight against Drogo, usually due to his lack of knowledge on Westerosi armour, which has been shown to be the end of a few skilled Essosi fighters. However Gregor is only an above average swordsman, who is made great by sheer size and strength, affording him powerful weaponry and armour, I think Gregor takes this 8/10, only due to Khal's inferior weaponry and lack of familiarity with Westerosi armour.

Without armour though, Drogo 10/10 in my opinion.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By jwwprod

Khal Drogo.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game of thrones spoilers ahead

It's been ages since I've read but didn't the Mountain beat the really skilled Prince and only die from the poison.

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game of thrones spoilers ahead

It's been ages since I've read but didn't the Mountain beat the really skilled Prince and only die from the poison.

More or less, but there is some context there.

Anyway as for this battle I say the Mountain takes it at least 9/10 with full gear. His armor is almost impenetrable. If they don't have any armor then I would give the majority to Drogo in a decent fight.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With armor the Mountain wins 10/10 without armor Drogo wins 10/10. With standard gear Gregor stomps

IamTheGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drogo can easily hamstring Mountain and then shove the point of his curved blade through his face. He will take no more than a minute. Dothraki don't wear armor. So Drogo hasn't lost any fight means he has got the agility to evade dothraki blows which are insanely faster than that sluggish Gregor Clegane.

UFT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By UFT

gregor is "faster than you'd expect", unbelievably strong (could probably wield robert baratheon's hammer no problem) and is head to toe in the toughest armor a lannister can buy. bronn feared to face him, and bronn is no amateur.

hes also led the charge in countless battles.

drogo is probably good in a nomadic society of short swords. but there's a reason why guys like drogo kept their distance in real life vs armored knights. thats just speculation though, as drogo has only one feat, and thats killing a bloodrider, while still taking a mortal wound

livewyre718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gregor with armor is too much for Drogo to handle.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gregor stomps. Khal Drogo has no way to consistently get through Gregor´s armor. Oberyn had a difficult time dealing with him and the reach of his spear gave him a huge advantage when dealing with an opponent like Gregor. Drogo´s weapon is even shorter than Gregor´s long sword, so he has to come extremely close to even hit him. And without armor he will be killed in one hit.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By PeterParkerJr

Gregor stomps with armor.

But I think even without the armor, Clegane can still take him. It's like how Bronn said to Tyrion, you could dance around him, get him off his feet, but one misstep and it's over. I think Drogo would be a little too overzealous and with the reach advantage Clegane has, I think he takes the majority.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peterparkerjr: Gregor's armor is part of why he's so difficult. Bronn could dance around Gregor all day but due to the armor, he would need to bring Gregor off his feet in order to get a kill shot. Without armor, Gregor would be toast against someone like Bronn or Drogo who use more speed and precision.

militaryMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mountain stomp rofl easy well done!

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mountain wins easily in armor. Drogo has no reach like the Viper did to make up for the armor. Without armor, Drogo takes this.

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drogo might actually take this due to the Mountains lack of skill or reserve. Drogo would tire him out much as Oberyn did, but Drogo won't be trying to get a confession out of him. Once Gregor becomes so tired he falls to his knees... it's all over. If Drogo's stupid/arrogant enough to just attack head on though... he likely get's destroyed. That armor's a b**ch.

UFT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

drogo has lack of skill too. he would not want to dance around. dothraki would call that cowardly, at least in terms of a single combat

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gregor unless they're both unarmored then I'd be inclined to back Ronan

Avatar image for geomancertactics
Geomancertactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Geomancertactics

Gregor because armor and legit superhuman strength.

xtreamrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By xtreamrob

Ill back Ser Gregor, with or without armor. Drogo's lack of knowledge about armor will get him wrecked just like Qotho when he faced Ser Jorah. Even without armor I still see the mountain putting up a good fight, seeing as his armor weighs a ton and he's still able to wield a greatsword with ease makes me wonder how quick he'll be without the armor weighing him down. And plus its not like he'll take one knick and go down, he got impaled by Oberyn who used the nastiest poison in all of the ASOIAF universe and still kept comin until his achilles was cut. If Drogo gets close enough for the mountain to grab him he gets his head smashed in. If Drogo is smart enough to keep his distance he might eventually bring down the mountain.

USSJ3071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gregor rips off drogo's head

Ecthelion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Greggy

GodEmperor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GodEmperor123

@uft said:

gregor is "faster than you'd expect", unbelievably strong (could probably wield robert baratheon's hammer no problem) and is head to toe in the toughest armor a lannister can buy. bronn feared to face him, and bronn is no amateur.

drogo is probably good in a nomadic society of short swords. but there's a reason why guys like drogo kept their distance in real life vs armored knights. thats just speculation though, as drogo has only one feat, and thats killing a bloodrider, while still taking a mortal wound

last0fth3risen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although Drogo's single feat easily makes him the most skilled fighter on the show (what he did there was insane), there's no way he can win with two short swords against a fully clad Mountain with a greatsword.

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Mountain.

PhoenixTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Drogo has that many actual combat feats.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixtitan: He was said to be undefeated amongst all of his people and the most skilled in all his lands according to lore.

BigDaddyMushu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm I think due to speed Drogo has this, Oberyn was about as protected as Drogo will be and he was tagging The Mountain pretty easily while taking only one or two hits. While Drogo isn't as fast as Oberyn he is far stronger so I believe it equals out

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Gregor because of his armour.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#32 Lunacyde  Moderator

I usually back a skilled knight against Drogo, usually due to his lack of knowledge on Westerosi armour, which has been shown to be the end of a few skilled Essosi fighters. However Gregor is only an above average swordsman, who is made great by sheer size and strength, affording him powerful weaponry and armour, I think Gregor takes this 8/10, only due to Khal's inferior weaponry and lack of familiarity with Westerosi armour.

Without armour though, Drogo 10/10 in my opinion.

This.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jorah explained himself in one of the earlier episodes. Dothraki weapons are quick, particularly useful on horseback against unarmoured opponents. Against the Moutain these are not the right weapons. He wears thick heavy armour from head to toe. Drogo is quicker but his blade won't pierce his leather/mail. It'll get lodged in his apparel and Gregor will cleave him in two.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 the_red_viper  Moderator

@giliad_ said:

Jorah explained himself in one of the earlier episodes. Dothraki weapons are quick, particularly useful on horseback against unarmoured opponents. Against the Moutain these are not the right weapons. He wears thick heavy armour from head to toe. Drogo is quicker but his blade won't pierce his leather/mail. It'll get lodged in his apparel and Gregor will cleave him in two.

Many people appear to not understand this very simple principal. Speed isn't everything.

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By cdiddyman911

Gregor stomps with armor

Drogo stomps without armor

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71d5620272
deactivated-59b71d5620272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

End in sex.

Jooosh1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Drogo IMO, he's as skilled and quick as Oberyn but much stronger and serious.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#38 JediXMan  Moderator

Mountain, all day.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish Khal Drogo had more on-screen feats :(

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drogo from implied power, Mountain from feats.

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But....but.....I thought Bruce Lee could beat anyone ever?

@giliad_ said:

Many people appear to not understand this very simple principal. Speed isn't everything.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 the_red_viper  Moderator

@ginman333: Yeah but that by scaling from Chuck Norris.

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5 Hail chucks and 5 our chucks for using his name without a punchline.

Bless you

@ginman333: Yeah but that by scaling from Chuck Norris.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much been said, with armor mountain, without much more skilled Drogo

hmsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd give it to Drogo. While Mountain's armor is a plus, Drogo is nowhere near dumb enough to attack the armored part. I mean, Drogo beat a skilled warrior with his bare hands, while dodging and taunting this so called great warrior. Clegane may be stronger in brute strength, but it's unlikely Clegane can beat Drogo, given how Clegane got his ass kicked by that other guy with a spear.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aad0467ddfcf
deactivated-5aad0467ddfcf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uft said:

Inside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: Strength doesn't matter much if your opponent is too fast for you to tag them though, in the long run, speed matters far more then strength, especially in something like swordplay. Don't get me wrong, strength helps, but if you're big and aren't the best swordsman, its gonna cause you more harm then good.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator
Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers