Posted by Machineheart333 (61 posts) 11 months, 5 days ago

Poll: Green Ranger (Tommy Oliver) vs Scorpion (14 votes)

Green Ranger 86%
Reptile 14%
Vs.

Green Ranger

Powers/equipment

Dragon Dagger

Dragon Shield

Sword of Darkness

Blade Blaster

Mega Heater

enhanced Strength, stamina and endurance

Adept Martial artist

Adept in melee and ranged combat

Vs.

Reptile

Powers/equipment

Kunais

Battle axe

Kirehashi

expert in Hun Gar, Crab and Pao Chui

Reptilian speed, strength, and endurance.

Please vote and the fight and please note The Green ranger's Mega zords and any other vehicle is not in use. this is mano-a-mano

#1 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3372 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn this is close. Both have mystically sourced superhuman strength/healing factors. Both are top shelf martial artists. I think I'm going to go with Green Ranger due to the Dragon Shield. Before his powers were nerfed previous to him becoming the White Ranger, he soloed the other Rangers with it and they couldn't do any damage to him.

#2 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3372 posts) - - Show Bio

By the way, Welcome to the 'Vine!

#3 Posted by joewell (6293 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it Scorpion or Reptile?

#4 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell said:

Is it Scorpion or Reptile?

It's Reptile, the Green Scorpion. I'm in for him BTW, but good fight nontheless.

#5 Posted by joewell (6293 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: Okay, tricky wording but whatevs.

Going for Reptile because of speed, fighting skill, and acid

#6 Posted by King Saturn (224033 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the Green Power Ranger wins in a tough fight with Reptile.

#7 Edited by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell said:

@the_red_viper: Okay, tricky wording but whatevs.

Going for Reptile because of speed, fighting skill, and acid

Dude, it's a known fact. Reptile is the green Scorpion, Sub Zero is the blue Scorpion, Erman is the red, Rain is the purple, Noob Saibot is the black and Smoke is hw white. Did I miss anyone?

It's like the Lantern Corps but with ninjas.

#8 Posted by Hyperlight (5713 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: hahah that's whats up

im leaning towards the GR if he is on his A game

#9 Edited by onilordasmodeus (2532 posts) - - Show Bio

@machineheart333: Green Ranger vs Reptile

• Speed/Reaction time

Reptile. Reptile has dodged gunfire at close range, so he should be able to see and react to everything Tommy can do up close.

• Strength/Striking power

Tie. Both can shatter stone, break metal, and punch through other higher density materials as well.

• Intelegence

Tommy. He became the leader of the Rangers, and has come up with many plans for his team in the heat of battle. Reptile was a henchman, and stayed a henchman, and even de-evolved/went insane as the story continued on after MK4.

• Durability

Tommy. The Ranger suit allows him to take laser blasts as well as direct sword strikes; Reptile can not do that. Tommy's durability is also strengthened by the Dragon Shield.

• Energy projection

Tommy. Along with having his laser blasters, Tommy has the Sword of Darkness which amps his powers (maybe strength and speed, not sure) and gives him more ranged energy attacks. Tommy's ranged attacks are faster and potentially more damaging than Reptile's.

• Fighting Skill

Reptile. While Tommy trains with other great martial artists, Retpile is regarded as one of the best in his realm, and has traded blows with other fighters regarded as the best of their world.

Results (Win / Lose / Draw):

• Tommy - 3 / 2 / 1
  • Reptile - 2 / 3 / 1

While on paper it looks close, I think Tommy blows Reptile out of the water just because of this weapons and his superhuman durabilty.

In h2h I think Reptile could hold his own, especially because of the combat/reaction speed difference, but in weapon's based CQC, Reptile's battle axe is too slow, and his Kirehashi just can't stand up to the power of the Sword of Darkness. Even if Reptile uses his powers/abilities (forceball, acid spit) I don't think he'd be able to do enough damage to put Tommy down, regardless if he is a more capable martial artist or not.

Once Tommy realizes how good and fast Reptile is up close (superior intelect at work here), he'll just make some distance and keep it so he can use his superior ranged abilities to win the day. Tommy's traverse speed is likely as fast Reptile's so he can play the lame keep away game, and though Reptile can dodge gunfire, laser fire is a different deal entirely.

IMO it would be an interesting fight at first, but would get very lame and one sided in the end. GR should win this 10/0.

#10 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3372 posts) - - Show Bio

@onilordasmodeus:

Yeah, the Sword of Darkness was pretty boss though. He WTFstomped the other Rangers with that thing in one shot. I had to re-read the OP to discover he also had that as a part of his arsenal.

#11 Edited by onilordasmodeus (2532 posts) - - Show Bio

@onilordasmodeus:

Yeah, the Sword of Darkness was pretty boss though. He WTFstomped the other Rangers with that thing in one shot. I had to re-read the OP to discover he also had that as a part of his arsenal.

Yeah. As the OP is right now I think this fight is a semi mismatch since Tommy has the SoD and access to all his blasters, on top of all that durability.

#12 Edited by Machineheart333 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Tommy wins :3

#13 Posted by McHotcakes (444 posts) - - Show Bio

Tommy after a good fight.

#14 Posted by mathias74 (88 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw a battle with the White ranger and Scorpion, and I learned that Tommy Oliver is an expert in 11 different martial arts.

#15 Posted by patrat18 (9568 posts) - - Show Bio

GR.

#16 Edited by Dark Cloud™ (2174 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone must have watched the White Ranger vs Scorpion fight on YouTube. ^.< Anyway, with that in mind, and from JDF's own words, Tommy knows multiple martial arts, and if he can take Scorpion, he can take Reptile.