they are both cool

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Sync

i will be honest you can bet that you will get like 4 diffent gls and people will calim they can do whatever...

i will be evil and turn the tide and say superman; when he gets the gl ring in one storyline wins lol, or when he beats a gl and takes their ring..

hal jordan= SUXS

:)

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sync

lol, wont they ring pick up the threat (it lame how they are putting that in the comics now, ... wait super boy prime beat the mess out of them hmmmm?

ok watch people say they weak gls that why

lol punched into the sun huh.. wont he from a sheild?

speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By speed

superman punches gl into the sun before he can create anything

speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By speed

superman can punch him at the speed of light i dont think thats enough time to form a sheild ,even if somehow he makes it by some miracle i bet 5$ superman can break it.
Post Edited:2007-04-12 13:57:24

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Satyrquaze

Speed of Light? Supes just isn't that fast. Flash, maybe.

speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By speed

Sync says:

"uh rewind, he is, what say you vine?"

what?

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sync

uh rewind, he is, what say you vine?

Icoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Icoop

I don't think it'd be over that quick, and I think the GL(which one?) would probably cheat and call the Corps if it was possible (depends on where teh battle takes place). But yeah I guess they did get their asses whooped by Prime...

The real question is can their rings recreate Kryptonite?

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Satyrquaze

Sync says:

Last I checked, he lost the race to Flash... and Flash doesn't hit the speed o' light without a major effort.

Q: Why have a JLA if Supes can be everywhere and do everything himself?

A: He can't.

speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By speed

Satyrquaze says:

"Sync says:
Last I checked, he lost the race to Flash... and Flash doesn't hit the speed o' light without a major effort. Q: Why have a JLA if Supes can be everywhere and do everything himself? A: He can't. "

they ran faster the light here

speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By speed

speed says:

"Satyrquaze says:
"Sync says:
Last I checked, he lost the race to Flash... and Flash doesn't hit the speed o' light without a major effort. Q: Why have a JLA if Supes can be everywhere and do everything himself? A: He can't. "
they ran faster the light here
" />http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s15/aston_olvera/race-tpb.jpg"

with ease

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Satyrquaze

That image looks very Pre-Crisis to me.

Superboy-Prime is only about 10 times as powerful as the modern Superman, so yeah, he can take out a few GL's.

I don't see Hal totally jobbing to Supes.

speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By speed

Satyrquaze says:

"That image looks very Pre-Crisis to me. Superboy-Prime is only about 10 times as powerful as the modern Superman, so yeah, he can take out a few GL's. I don't see Hal totally jobbing to Supes. "

he took out 32 gl in infinite crisis

i think.

the picture is pre-crisis

Icoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Icoop

By that count and Prime's (according to Satyr's count) 10 times normie Supes' strength, regular Supes should be able to take out 3.02 GL's :P

10/32 = 3.02

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#16  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Icoop says:

"By that count and Prime's (according to Satyr's count) 10 times normie Supes' strength, regular Supes should be able to take out 3.02 GL's :P10/32 = 3.02"

Don't think it works like that.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

I have read of Hal using his ring to create kryptonite to beat someone who had stolen Superman's powers. That was around the crisis on infinite earths. In theory a modern GL could do the same, they can manipulate matter on an atomic level with them.

I believe that race was out of continuity, though I'm not sure. Flash is definitely faster than light (at least Wally and Bart are) and I would suggest Superman is too, although not as fast as Flash.

speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By speed

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"I have read of Hal using his ring to create kryptonite to beat someone who had stolen Superman's powers. That was around the crisis on infinite earths. In theory a modern GL could do the same, they can manipulate matter on an atomic level with them. I believe that race was out of continuity, though I'm not sure. Flash is definitely faster than light (at least Wally and Bart are) and I would suggest Superman is too, although not as fast as Flash."

see Satyrquaze

Avatar image for fourpower__r_i_p_
Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Green Lantern.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Satyrquaze

Icoop says:

"By that count and Prime's (according to Satyr's count) 10 times normie Supes' strength, regular Supes should be able to take out 3.02 GL's :P 10/32 = 3.02"

Pre-Crisis on Infinite Earths Superman (and Superboy-Prime) could move planets out of their orbits and could sneeze entire star systems out of existance. Post-Crisis Superman nearly throws his back out trying to lift a mountain.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Satyrquaze

The only time I've seen the modern Superman travel faster than light was then Flash lent him his speed. It was when Adam Strange had captured the JLA on Rann several years ago. Supes had to fly faster than a Zeta Beam, Flash lending him his speed was the only way Supes could do it.

Kal-El under his own power can NOT move faster than light.

Is Superman super-fast? Yes. Faster than it takes an typical GL to form an forcefield? NO.

Icoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Icoop

I was kind of joking about the calculations...anyhoo, no one knows if the power rings can make Kryptonite? I guess we can assume not or they would have used it during IC.

I'm sure Supes could still take out a GL. Obviously it wouldn't be "speed of light finish" but I don't think it'd last that long. A few shields, a couple blastes, maybe some creative mazes or giant lex luthors. Superman gets bored/impatient and knocks the GL a good one in the mouth. Obviously the better GL's would last longer (Hal, or Guy) But I mean its not magic, its not krptonite, (its not "bones") it can't hurt Kal that much right?

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sync

Satyrquaze says:

"Icoop says:
"By that count and Prime's (according to Satyr's count) 10 times normie Supes' strength, regular Supes should be able to take out 3.02 GL's :P 10/32 = 3.02"
Pre-Crisis on Infinite Earths Superman (and Superboy-Prime) could move planets out of their orbits and could sneeze entire star systems out of existance. Post-Crisis Superman nearly throws his back out trying to lift a mountain. "

ok if you want to get all techy with sups fine with me...

so now the question is which version of super man do you wish to use....

and are we allow to use the cartoons version /movies..in which superman does some amazing things..even if not he has done those in the comics and than some (post crisis) at that.

super boy prime from what i have seen, is only stronger due to soaking up more sun, and building that special armor suit/ gives him even more power..and due to him hanging out with the "core" superman so to speak he knows a little more, about strength/weakness and which is shown when he states that kyponite wil not hurt him if it from his dimesion(hmm maybe zod and prime should go at it :) or even ultra man)

superboy prime is a angry superman so to speak...the comics have clearly showed what super man can do when piss off, or even his evil version, though the are not superman to say...when superman does get man/evil..wooooe be to most

if a boy can take out that many gl's i hate to think how many a MAN can take out..

the question about the speed of thought and a gl being able to shield himself in time has been brought on another trend/post

in general, "IMO" one has to really expect danger to repond, speed = suprise

the question become that when a gl is seen they have that reen aura, does the green aura at as a low sheild?

and than if they do not have it on? how can they respond so fast..it not like most of them walk around thinking threat threat threat?

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Satyrquaze

Sync says:

"Satyrquaze says:
"Icoop says:
Pre-Crisis on Infinite Earths Superman (and Superboy-Prime) could move planets out of their orbits and could sneeze entire star systems out of existance. Post-Crisis Superman nearly throws his back out trying to lift a mountain. "
ok if you want to get all techy with sups fine with me... so now the question is which version of super man do you wish to use.... and are we allow to use the cartoons version /movies..in which superman does some amazing things..even if not he has done those in the comics and than some (post crisis) at that. super boy prime from what i have seen, is only stronger due to soaking up more sun, and building that special armor suit/ gives him even more power..and due to him hanging out with the "core" superman so to speak he knows a little more, about strength/weakness and which is shown when he states that kyponite wil not hurt him if it from his dimesion(hmm maybe zod and prime should go at it :) or even ultra man) superboy prime is a angry superman so to speak...the comics have clearly showed what super man can do when piss off, or even his evil version, though the are not superman to say...when superman does get man/evil..wooooe be to most if a boy can take out that many gl's i hate to think how many a MAN can take out.. the question about the speed of thought and a gl being able to shield himself in time has been brought on another trend/post in general, "IMO" one has to really expect danger to repond, speed = suprise the question become that when a gl is seen they have that reen aura, does the green aura at as a low sheild? and than if they do not have it on? how can they respond so fast..it not like most of them walk around thinking threat threat threat?"

I'm only talking about canonicial Superman within the realm of comics. I'm under the impression some of us on this board are talking about the same person wehn they say: "Superman". When you directly compare Superboy-Prime to SuperMAN it's important to point out that the guy that SuperBOY-Prime grows into isn't the same guy that's currently leading the JLA. The closest we get to that is the Superman from Earth-2, who died on the surface of Mogo during Infinite Crisis. Superboy-Prime was a good deal more powerful (not to mention insane) than the modern Superman.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Satyrquaze

I understand your point and to an extent, I agree with it, but did you see John Stewart manhandle the JLA in Green Lantern: Rebirth? I think you're selling the average human GL short.

What happens if we bring Ion into the mix? He's still an agent of the Gaurdians.

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Sync

lol, i agree with you, if you go back to my 1st post i even state what you just said more or less.... and yes "imo i think jon and kyle are by far the best and most dangerous gl's , it like rick james/samuel l jackson"jon" with a rocky bolba can do attuide combo"kyle"

good point, "imo" i think all the powerhouses speakers tried to avoid that one lol

but...

even if ion, the sheer power that super weilds is like (BLAH< YOU KNOW) alot

in bat/sup combo comic book, a angry super breaks though a Gl ring imagnine or a eagle holding him( this was uncle sam with a gl ring) and samm like "WTF"

i think it more of the ring than ion, but ion can be a real force if the start writting him good and right..

my question for ion would be...

is he like a son gohan...inner power hidden we does not acess or know how)this would or may explian why hes able to do what he does)

shamgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By shamgar

superman is faster than flash and two if hal made a force field sups would just shatter it gls cant take out super man. this is why they call him the gratest superhero ever.

speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By speed

Satyrquaze says:

"The *only* time I've seen the modern Superman travel faster than light was then Flash lent him his speed. It was when Adam Strange had captured the JLA on Rann several years ago. Supes had to fly faster than a Zeta Beam, Flash lending him his speed was the only way Supes could do it. Kal-El under his own power can NOT move faster than light. Is Superman super-fast? Yes. Faster than it takes an typical GL to form an forcefield? NO. "
yes he can. when lex luthor became president superman flew to saturn in 4 min and it takes light 11 minutes
Post Edited:2007-04-13 13:36:53
Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Satyrquaze

Naah, he left 10 minutes early, then heard about announcment while flying through the rings of Saturn.

Nothing on that page says he left earth the moment the announcment was made. =)

speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By speed

Satyrquaze says:

"Naah, he left 10 minutes early, then heard about announcment while flying through the rings of Saturn. Nothing on that page says he left earth the moment the announcment was made. =) "

so your saying it took him 10 min.

thats still faster then light

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

If he left 10 minutes early and got there 4 minutes after, that's 14 minutes, 3 minutes slower than light. If you have that comic and can show where he is before and at the time of the announcement you can prove it one way or the other.
Post Edited:2007-04-13 14:00:17

speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By speed

i dont have that comic

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Satyrquaze

No, what I was getting at was he left Earth 14 minutes before that scene took place, so slightly slower than the speed of light.

10 minutes before announcement + 4 minutes since announcement = fourteen minutes.

I left out the part where he folded space using Teh same powaz he used in Superman VI: "The Quest for Peace" when he rebuilt the Great Wall of China by looking at it.

Canonically Flash is faster than Superman; Flash as some trouble hitting the speed of light, and thats the way it should be.

shamgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By shamgar

superman can fly so fast that he can revers the direction of earths spin!

Broken Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Broken Arrow

Isnt the power of the Lanterns ring derived from the consintration of the GL wearing it? If thats the case, then its Supermans strength vs GL's willpower.

Superman wins.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

shamgar says:

"superman was offerd to join the core and he recliend"

shamgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By shamgar

superman was offerd to join the core and he recliend

shamgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By shamgar

sorry i am working 3 other battles like iorn man vs flash. but yeah he said,"with this i would be un stop able" why? well he has every thing super. like will power.

Broken Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Broken Arrow

Declined is probably what you meant, but thats funny.

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By White Phantom

Icoop says:

"I don't think it'd be over that quick, and I think the GL(which one?) would probably cheat and call the Corps if it was possible (depends on where teh battle takes place). But yeah I guess they did get their asses whooped by Prime...The real question is can their rings recreate Kryptonite?"

Yes, GL wins easy.

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By speedlgt

This was pretty much ended before when someone post scans from red son ( I think) pretty much you take a thought based weapon vs a guy whos superstrong and moves faster than a thought. Yeah thats pretty much game. Credit to who ever post the scans a while go.

Avatar image for ulitmateninjagaidenx
ulitmateninjagaidenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

green lanturn.

mantoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By mantoid

GL all the way.

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By White Phantom

speedlgt says:

"This was pretty much ended before when someone post scans from red son ( I think) pretty much you take a thought based weapon vs a guy whos superstrong and moves faster than a thought. Yeah thats pretty much game. Credit to who ever post the scans a while go."

It's been agreed in other forums that Red Son was a different storyline and even if Superman can travel faster then thought he hardly if ever does.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By warlock360

Sync says:

"lol, wont they ring pick up the threat (it lame how they are putting that in the comics now, ... wait super boy prime beat the mess out of them hmmmm?ok watch people say they weak gls that whylol punched into the sun huh.. wont he from a sheild?"

hmmm...

Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

lmao. Yet seriously. The whole SMP arguement is completely irrelevant. SMP is pre-crisis power level. Superman can't hang with him. As for the faster than light thing. Flash proved faster than Kal before he mastered the Speedforce and if u remember, he originally couldnt go faster than Light because he wasn't sure if he'd be able to come back from the speedforce. Then you have the story-arch where he masters it, and viola you get Flash's faster-than light punch. The same move he used to oblterate that white Martian. All 4 of the earth GL's have a solid shot against Supes. Look at what John did. He put the entire league down in minutes.

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By speedlgt

so just because superman doesnt move faster than a thought "often" means he wont do it if he fights a GL? that doesnt make much sense to me. But than again on these forums I hear a lot of "thats not cannon" and thus my favorite hero wins!

anyway all joking aside I dont think a Gl can beat superman.

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By White Phantom

speedlgt says:

"so just because superman doesnt move faster than a thought "often" means he wont do it if he fights a GL? that doesnt make much sense to me. But than again on these forums I hear a lot of "thats not cannon" and thus my favorite hero wins!anyway all joking aside I dont think a Gl can beat superman. "

GL can do anything, he just turns the very air into Kryptonite! What could Superman do to really stop GL? Nothing that's reasonable. What could GL do to Superman? With unlimited power the possibilities are endless.

Imperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Imperial

Depending on who the GL is. Superman would beat any rookie.

The ones who can put up a fight against him are;

Alan Scott

Kilowog apparnetly the only GL that ring makes a sound

Hal Jordan

Kyle Rayner I would say. He won't give up, i can say that much

John Stewart i think could

maybe Guy Gardner

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4