Green Lanterns Couples Battle

Daydream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Daydream

It's an all out battle between two Green Lantern couples...Can Arisia &  Hal Jordan of the Green Lantern Corps out duel Jade, the daughter of the original Green Lantern & Kyle Rayner? The battle is in a deserted city, no morals or prep. Win via KO or incapacitation. Which couple wins?

Hal and Arisia
Hal and Arisia
Kyle and Jade
Kyle and Jade

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By sexy_merc

Well, I'm going for my favorite couple in comics.

By the way, does Jade have the Starheart?

Daydream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Daydream
@Sexy Merc:
Yes she does. I'm going to assume you're rooting for Rayner & Jade?
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sexy_merc
@Daydream: Yup, my favorite character in comics and probably my second favorite Lantern. Extreme bias but whatever.

Post-Crisis, Kyle is the greatest Lantern feat-wise. Jade with the Starheart can take out Arisia in a decent fight. I'll avoid using current versions since Johns wanks the hell out of Hal.
Daydream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Daydream
@Sexy Merc:
To be honest I like Johns' run with GL, but Jordan is my favourite Lantern so...
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sexy_merc
@Daydream: There's nothing wrong with him but I started reading Green Lantern since Kyle's first appearance. Johns can't portray Green Lanterns power-wise well at all. His numbers are all around the place and it's clear he doesn't do much research on them. The fact that Hank is fighting on equal terms with Ganthet and Hal one-shot and Alpha Lantern without his ring should be strong enough points to show how Green Lanterns went straight to hell when he took over. He still has some good stories though and power-wise, Arisia never really impressed me except for that incident with Hank. I love Hal too, my top 10 probably has like 7 Green Lanterns including him but he writes Hal with extreme fanboyism.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Silver2467

I would have to say Kyle and Jade. Arisia is not quite on the level of Jade, and Hal and Kyle could go either way, in my opinion. But with Jade, Hal will lose. Current power levels though may be a different story, given how much excessive focus Hal has been getting, but all the same, I would choose Team 2. 

Daydream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Daydream
@Sexy Merc:
Interesting, so other than Johns who would you want as the writer for GL? 

Also, anyone else with thoughts? Anyone for Hal/Arisia?
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sexy_merc
@Daydream:  With the changes he's made, I think he should just continue writing, just do more research, stop retconning everything (even his own retcons), and stop picking favorites. He's a good writer and Tomasi, Marz, O'Neil among many others are amazing writers in their own right but with the way DC is going right now, I don't think a major change like that should/could happen.