FIGHT!

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By acer51

Green Lantern unless Vision somhow figured out away to sneak up on him.

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By TheSpiritStalker

Lantern

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Can Vision phase through GL constructs? If he can, Vision wins. If he can't, Hal's got this.

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jojjimbo

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Can Vision phase through GL constructs? If he can, Vision wins. If he can't, Hal's got this.

This.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GL.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jashro44
@jojjimbo said:

This.

I think I saw a scan a while back of john Stewart encasing the martian manhunter.
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@jojjimbo said:

This.

I think I saw a scan a while back of john Stewart encasing the martian manhunter.

That doesn't prove anything unless Manhunter was using his intangibility on it.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jashro44
@venomoushatred1001: I would assume he tried it considering he was completely trapped and desperately trying to get out. I will have to check later for the scans but I don't see a reason why he wouldn't use intangibility.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Saren

@jashro44 said:

@jojjimbo said:

This.

That was in Cosmic Odyssey. J'onn has also shattered an amped John Stewart's construct in Trial by Fire.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jashro44
@CitizenBane: I see...Have green lanterns ever held someone intangible then?
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Saren

@jashro44: Not that I can remember, but then they don't have many intangible foes. Then again, they can manipulate magnetic fields, and Magneto owned Vision with just that in Avengers #24.1.

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jojjimbo

@jashro44 said:

@venomoushatred1001: I would assume he tried it considering he was completely trapped and desperately trying to get out. I will have to check later for the scans but I don't see a reason why he wouldn't use intangibility.

You have to remember that in comics heroes often forget to use their abilities(i blame the writers for not being consistent with their powers) but until some one can show me that GL shield can stop intangibles from passing through, I'm gonna have to go with Vision on this one.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jojjimbo said:

@jashro44 said:

You have to remember that in comics heroes often forget to use their abilities(i blame the writers for not being consistent with their powers) but until some one can show me that GL shield can stop intangibles from passing through, I'm gonna have to go with Vision on this one.

Yeah, my vote goes to Vision as well, until I see proof he can stop intangibles.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By czarny_samael666
@CitizenBane said:

@jashro44: Not that I can remember, but then they don't have many intangible foes. Then again, they can manipulate magnetic fields, and Magneto owned Vision with just that in Avengers #24.1.

Remember, that before that Vision was able to hold his heart and Magneto couldn't stop him from doing this.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Saren

@czarny_samael666 said:

@CitizenBane said:

Remember, that before that Vision was able to hold his heart and Magneto couldn't stop him from doing this.

Because Magneto wasn't expecting it.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By czarny_samael666
@CitizenBane said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@CitizenBane said:

Because Magneto wasn't expecting it.

Yeah, but are You sure that this comic proves that Magneto can do the same even if Vision will turn intangible? I doubt it. Everyone will tell You that there is no proof that Vision was using that power in this moment. Besides, if he would be able to, he would just command Vision to let him and he couldn't.
PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PrinceIMC

Morals off I'd say Vision wins. 

During Flash: Rebirth Hal couldn't hold on to Flash when he was phasing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Vision goes intangible....and then what?

Can he still attack while intangible (besides phasing himself threw a person)?

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_slim_ said:

Yes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, sorry I'm not buying.

Yes, he can go intangible and still attack as you say. Why would Hal just try to go heads up with him, once he realize Vision has gone intangible. Couldn't Hal just dodge attacks from Vision and I doubt Vision can keep up with Hal if he chose to just stay out of range. And I guess you are assuming Vision will just remain intangible the whole time.

Also what will Vision do with that 1 day of prep that will sway the battle in his favor?

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_slim_ said:

Yes, he can go intangible and still attack as you say. Why would Hal just try to go heads up with him, once he realize Vision has gone intangible. Couldn't Hal just dodge attacks from Vision and I doubt Vision can keep up with Hal if he chose to just stay out of range. And I guess you are assuming Vision will just remain intangible the whole time.

Also what will Vision do with that 1 day of prep that will sway the battle in his favor?

How is Hal gonna dodge having his heart ripped out of his chest?

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Stronger

Doesnt matter if Vision can phase through GLs force fields.GL can cast energy blasts etc.

I go with Hal but it will be difficult.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_slim_ said:

How is Vision gonna be able to catch Hal to do that? Just because Vision has gone intangible, it doesn't mean he is invisible. Hal is just gonna stand there?

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Stronger said:

Doesnt matter if Vision can phase through GLs force fields.GL can cast energy blasts etc.

I go with Hal but it will be difficult.

Vision can phase through energy blasts.

@_slim_ said:

@_slim_ said:

How is Vision gonna be able to catch Hal to do that? Just because Vision has gone intangible, it doesn't mean he is invisible. Hal is just gonna stand there?

I don't have the scans but Vision is very fast. I'll look for them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@venomoushatred1001: I'm not doubting he's speed. I'm just saying that I don't he's speed would be greater than Hal's or speed that Hal can't react to.

Harddrivexxii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Harddrivexxii

Vision FTW - an hours prep to find Hal would not give him chance to react to Vision passing through him at top speed...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Harddrivexxii said:

Vision FTW - an hours prep to find Hal would not give him chance to react to Vision passing through him at top speed...

It's not an hours prep to find Hal.

Harddrivexxii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Harddrivexxii

@_slim_ said:

@Harddrivexxii said:

Ok whatever - if they are opposites side of the city they aren't in sight of each other - Hal has no idea on Visions capabilities and Vision has had time to prepare. Hal would see Vision coming fast and would throw up a construct - Vision would pass through the construct - then through Hal ... Hal does have quick reactions (being a pilot) but he wouldn't be fast enough to react to Vision ...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Harddrivexxii said:

@_slim_ said:

@Harddrivexxii said:

Ok whatever - if they are opposites side of the city they aren't in sight of each other - Hal has no idea on Visions capabilities and Vision has had time to prepare. Hal would see Vision coming fast and would throw up a construct - Vision would pass through the construct - then through Hal ... Hal does have quick reactions (being a pilot) but he wouldn't be fast enough to react to Vision ...

Your assuming Vision starts out intangible.

And what could Vision do with prep that would give him an significant advantage against GL.

Harddrivexxii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Harddrivexxii

@_slim_ said:

@Harddrivexxii said:

@_slim_ said:

@Harddrivexxii said:

And what could Vision do with prep that would give him an significant advantage against GL.

With that prep time he could find out the capabilities of a Green Lantern - Vision is an android and would find a weakness. Being an android he would formulate the best way to take out Hal. My opinion is that he would want to do this quickly as morals are off and the quickest way would be to turn intangible, fly straight through the city, and straight at Hal. Hal would be able to react quick enough to throw up a defensive construct but not quick enough to react to Vision passing straight through it.

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Thor's hammmer

Lantern has a huge power advantage.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Harddrivexxii said:

@_slim_ said:

@Harddrivexxii said:

@_slim_ said:

@Harddrivexxii said:

With that prep time he could find out the capabilities of a Green Lantern - Vision is an android and would find a weakness. Being an android he would formulate the best way to take out Hal. My opinion is that he would want to do this quickly as morals are off and the quickest way would be to turn intangible, fly straight through the city, and straight at Hal. Hal would be able to react quick enough to throw up a defensive construct but not quick enough to react to Vision passing straight through it.

In an abandoned city Hal will see Vision coming. As I said before he will realize Vision is in an intangible state before Vision can get in range to do any harm (constructs/firing shots). GL can always use his flight speed to stay out of range from Vision. Now as for how he can deal with Vision in an intangible state (assuming he stays intangible the entire battle) I don't know. There are more ways this battle can go than just Vision flying straight through GL while intangible and that being it.

Harddrivexxii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Harddrivexxii

I agree - this is just an opinion of how it could go. There is no reference to beings phasing through a Lanterns construct either. If Vision isn't capable of doing that he gets a serious stomping.

I can't find a reference to Vision's flight speed so I have no idea if he could keep up with Hal.

Running isn't winning. Vision could keep going until the Ring runs out of charge (which would take a long time) but Hal would tire a lot quicker than that.

rd2race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By rd2race

"Running isn't winning. Vision could keep going until the Ring runs out of charge (which would take a long time) but Hal would tire a lot quicker than that." Thats a good point, i agree that straight up hal outclasses vision in every way. however, if he cant stop vision any other way except for running vision can remain intangible indefinately as far as i know and since hes an android he never tires making him a bad match up for the lantern. imo vision ftw

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By acer51

Hmm didn't think about the points that were made perhaps Vision could win this.

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By weaponxx

IF constructs don't affect intangeables, then Vision could win. In general though I would bet on Hal.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PrinceIMC

I say again Flash has phased through one of Hal's constructs so I think Vision can. Plus Vision can be partially intangible and partially solid. He destroyed a gremlin thingy be becoming the density of quicksand and absorbing it. He also stayed partially solid to fist fight Silver Surfer in the lava of an active volcano.

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Needlebay

Hal.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#40  Edited By TDK_1997

Hal can take this because like it was already said,GL's can control magnet fields and Magneto owned Vision with that.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By TifaLockhart  Online

I hate intangibility.

Should I point out that Lanterns themselves can phase or is that a one-off feat like many of Thor's random powers?

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By termiteone4ever

Lantern for sure

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jeanroygrant

Green Lantern Hal Jordan.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Sufferthorn

bump

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My answer is unchanged.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jashro44
@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

I hate intangibility.

Should I point out that Lanterns themselves can phase or is that a one-off feat like many of Thor's random powers?

Really? When was this? I guess it would be like thors random 60's powers if it was a one time thing.
Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Sufferthorn

@jashro44: I don't like to answer in a thread i've made, but you're right with 'thors random 60s powers", yet at the same time it is debatable, because anything Thor does, can probably be done again because he's the epic God of Thunder, so he's not the best example, but your point is still right on the nail.

It's just one of those things that you can argue forever and get nowhere.

Avatar image for drinkurprunejuice77
DrinkUrPruneJuice77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GL

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By jeanroygrant

Green Lantern Hal Jordan.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Shawnbaby
@_slim_ said:

All he needs his to put his hand in Hal's heart and increase his density a bit.