No Caption Provided
Daaerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Daaerk

Supergirl especially if it's morals off.

Superman-like strength, speed and durability can break (through the shields of) a Green Lantern. :D

- Daaerk

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Stronger

I wish Hal could beat her.

It won't happen though.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Kryptonians>Lanterns.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HBKTimHBK

Supergirl wins.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Clark_EL

@HBKTimHBK: @Daaerk: @Stronger: @The Stegman: Now although I usually don't use ABC logic let's think here. Hal fought Wonder Woman to a standstill in JL #11 (i think... it actually might be in JL 12). And Wonder Woman beat down Supergirl rather easily in Supergirl#17. Not to mention Flash was doing pretty well against her. Although Superman was beating Hal the majority of the time in their fight I think Superman is more powerful than Supergirl power wise and skill wise.

Again I don't like to use ABC logic but Supergirl was beat by that alien copy thing of Superman in Superman#6, but later Superman takes it down pretty easily.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Clark_EL

I'll say Hal.....anyone who differs can feel free to debate.

Daaerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Daaerk

@Clark_EL said:

I'll say Hal.....anyone who differs can feel free to debate.

Sorry, didn’t see your the message in my inbox. -.- Is this battle fought with morals on or morals off. If it is a morals off/blood lusted battle, Supergirl would win in a stompiddy stomp.

Morals on, I still see Supergirl winning due to her superior strength, speed and durability. She has kryptonian DNA which Hal is going to have lots of trouble going up against. His constructs can easily be broken by a Kryptonian under the Yellow Sun.

Supergirl wins.

~ Daaerk

Maladicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Maladicta

@Clark_EL said:

@HBKTimHBK: @Daaerk: @Stronger: @The Stegman: Now although I usually don't use ABC logic let's think here. Hal fought Wonder Woman to a standstill in JL #11 (i think... it actually might be in JL 12). And Wonder Woman beat down Supergirl rather easily in Supergirl#17. Not to mention Flash was doing pretty well against her. Although Superman was beating Hal the majority of the time in their fight I think Superman is more powerful than Supergirl power wise and skill wise.

Again I don't like to use ABC logic but Supergirl was beat by that alien copy thing of Superman in Superman#6, but later Superman takes it down pretty easily.

Hal didn't actually fight WW to a standstill - he was losing, quite handily. And WW beat Kara due to better fighting skills et cetera. Current Supergirl VS Hal would be something like... If enraged, Supergirl wins easily. Otherwise it's a toss-up. And that solar flare things she does could be decisive. Hal doesn't have WW's durability etc.

Hal in the new 52 seems pretty weak, overall.

As for that Alien copy thing... It was beating Supergirl while using mind control to prevent her from fighting back fully. And then, when it started breaking down Superman took over and destroyed it. Hardly comparable, in any way. Superman destroyed it after it had pretty much ceased functioning, yay...

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Havenless

Supergirl has the strength to overcome Hal 52's constructs, he's a duck on the water.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Clark_EL said:

Gotta disagree there.  

Hal didn't really beat Wonder Woman, they traded blows, but the fight I was watching had Hal being handled by her pretty easily, she broke through quite a bit of his shields. Wonder Woman beat Kara because she has more fighting experience. Diana admitted they were close to equals strength and speed wise, however Diana has been trained in the art of combat since childhood, she is a warrior born, Hal isn't.  Flash was doing well against Kara, but I think Flash could beat Hal as well, he has a massive speed advantage on both.  

The way I see it, Hal might get in a few good green punches, but Kara's gonna tear through his shields like Superman did and get to him eventually. 
dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dondave

Supergirl ftw

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Clark_EL

@The Stegman: I understand Dian's skill gave her the edge over Supergirl but she still used skill against Hal.

@Maladicta: Actually there is nothing saying Hal is weaker from his PRE 52 counterpart, as DC didn't rebooot Green Lantern and its characters.

Maladicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Maladicta

@Clark_EL said:

@Maladicta: Actually there is nothing saying Hal is weaker from his PRE 52 counterpart, as DC didn't rebooot Green Lantern and its characters.

They may not SAY he is weaker, but he sure looks like it :p

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Clark_EL said:

@The Stegman: I understand Dian's skill gave her the edge over Supergirl but she still used skill against Hal.

And like I said, Diana was dominating Hal in that fight. 
Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Clark_EL

@Maladicta: He actually has some good feats though.

@The Stegman: Well It was going back and forth I guess you could say Diana was winning the majority of the time.

I don't think if a character can break a construct that doesn't guarantee a win. Supergirl is young and inexperienced Hal is a hardened vet of the Corps and could probably think of something that would give him the edge.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17  Edited By charlieboy

Why does everybody say that Green Lantern wasn't rebooted? Pretty much every bit of his association with the Justice League and the DC universe as a whole has been changed. There may have been few changes in his series but things have changed enough.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Clark_EL

@charlieboy: The writers of DC rebooted everything else but Green Lantern due to the success of Blackest night, they wanted to make as much profit as possible.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By charlieboy

@Clark_EL: But obviously some things have changed because the whole DCuniverse was invovled in things like Blackest Night. That story had to have changed because a lot of these characters never died. So there has to be differences in his past now.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Clark_EL

@charlieboy: Yeah, but the whole Sinestro-Green Lantern war still happened, most of the events from blackest night, and they have delt with black hand before. Also I was reading something about the new GL story arch Wrath of the First Lantern and it said: "They've survived The sinestro-Green Lantern war, Blackest night, conquered the third army, but can theyovercome the First Lantern's wrath?" So I don't know I'm going to guess some of the stuff happened from blackest night, but not all.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By isaac_clarke

Have Green Lantern had a rematch with Superman yet? Because going off their fight fight Super Girl could really kick his rear to infinity beyond.

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By 18hunt

Just wondering how much of a strength boost does the ring give you (physical), and speed too

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By charlieboy

@Clark_EL: Okay that makes sense.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Clark_EL

@18hunt: Well the ring can lift things easily exceeding 100 tons for sure, but it's a lot more than that. Speed, well travel speed in:

Earth's atmosphere: Mach 10

Space: 3 times the speed of light (Can also make wormholes to teleport though)

Combat speed wise they are probably have the speed of Wonder Woman I'm guessing (not sure)...but they can set their ring to auto shoot (automatically target an object moving above the speed of sound).

@isaac_clarke: No, but in the New 52 I believe Superman is easily stronger and more powerful than Supergirl.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By isaac_clarke

@Clark_EL said:

@isaac_clarke: No, but in the New 52 I believe Superman is easily stronger and more powerful than Supergirl.

One would expect that to be a case, simply by longer exposure the sun / muscle size - but it was a younger Superman who gave Hal Jordan a thrashing / humiliated him. Hell given his recent machine bench of planetary weight he is stronger than he was before the 52 reboot.

Maladicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Maladicta

@Clark_EL said:

There's nothing to indicate that, really. His main advantage seems to be having had his powers much longer. She's had them about... a week. (17 issues in, covering about 1 week. Decompressed or what?)

Maladicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Maladicta

@isaac_clarke said:

@Clark_EL said:

One would expect that to be a case, simply by longer exposure the sun / muscle size - but it was a younger Superman who gave Hal Jordan a thrashing / humiliated him. Hell given his recent machine bench of planetary weight he is stronger than he was before the 52 reboot.

He's not had more exposure to the sun. Kara's pod had been circling the sun for a loooong time.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Clark_EL

@Maladicta: Well considering Superman beat down an enemy Kara lost to easily, we could make the case that he's more powerful, not to mention he has better feats.

Maladicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Maladicta

@Clark_EL said:

@Maladicta: Well considering Superman beat down an enemy Kara lost to easily, we could make the case that he's more powerful, not to mention he has better feats.

Where did he beat down Kara? They've fought once, in issue 2 of Supergirl. About 10 minutes after she first got her powers, and couldn't control any of them. She, like, discovered flying and X-ray vision mid-fight. Hardly representative.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Clark_EL

@Maladicta: It was in Superman #6 a clone alien thing of Superman beat her down hard, were as Superman beat him quite easily.

Maladicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Maladicta

@Clark_EL said:

@Maladicta: It was in Superman #6 a clone alien thing of Superman beat her down hard, were as Superman beat him quite easily.

Already replied to that. The clone used Mind Control when fighting Kara, and when Kal took over it was breaking down. So, Kara fought it fully functional, Kal fought it while it was already broken. Hardly comparable, wouldn't you say?

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Clark_EL

@Maladicta: Good point, but I believe it had the same power, maybe not though. Still Kara is young and reckless.

SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SNascimento

What was that power Kara used against WW's lasso?

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By isaac_clarke

@Maladicta said:

@isaac_clarke said:

@Clark_EL said:

He's not had more exposure to the sun. Kara's pod had been circling the sun for a loooong time.

How long is long? I'm running under the assumption he's had the chance to run about developing that power for years under the sun from near his childbirth.

Maladicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Maladicta

@isaac_clarke said:

@Maladicta said:

@isaac_clarke said:

@Clark_EL said:

How long is long? I'm running under the assumption he's had the chance to run about developing that power for years under the sun from near his childbirth.

Decades. Assuming her pod was as fast as Kal's, they've been exposed for sunlight an equal ammount of time.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Clark_EL

@Maladicta: Isn't Kara technically older, but Superman aged faster due to him being on the earth longer?

Maladicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Maladicta

@Clark_EL:

She's older, but was in suspended animation the pod.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Clark_EL

@Maladicta: Yeah so technically she was born before Clark, but he's also older if that makes sense. Like for example Captain America goes in the ice let's say 28.....he comes out 28 but technically he's 90 something.

Avatar image for anywhichwaybutup
AnyWhichWayButUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AnyWhichWayButUp

@Clark_EL:

I thought super girl was stronger and faster since she didnt know how to hold back unless you mean morals off superman compared to supergirl

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Clark_EL

@AnyWhichWayButUp: Pre 52, right now she's still learnig her powers (no smallville training style, where Clark has time to learn and a family to help), but it could change later.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#41  Edited By Raw_Material

Not sure how it would go, considering Supergirl can jus break practically every construct Hal throws at her. And if it's morals off then I'm sure Supergirl has the advantage; but if it's morals on and it's a random encounter then I'm pretty confident that Hal has some percentage of a victory against her, knowing how much willpower he's capable of unleashing with his ring. This is a very controversial fight bro.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Clark_EL

@ckuakini: Thanks...I think

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Morals on Hal eventually wins from versatility. Morals off Hal loses because Supergirl will go all out and overwhelm Hal.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Clark_EL

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: In the OP it says Morals are on...What do you think Hal can do?

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Morals on Hal will win because he has the option to use different methods of subduing Supergirl, especially since she's holding back.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Clark_EL

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: OK

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#47  Edited By Raw_Material

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Morals on Hal will win because he has the option to use different methods of subduing Supergirl, especially since she's holding back.

Pretty much sums it up

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#48  Edited By Stronger

@Clark_EL said:

Hal got his ass beaten by Wonder Woman,Superman and Darkseid(Darkseid was using only physical attacks).

I don't see why Supergirl cannot handle him.....

(Even though I love Hal,and I would like to see him stomping her ass).

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Clark_EL

@Stronger: Because Supergirl is a lot weaker than those characters.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#50  Edited By xxxddd

Kara stomps.

@Clark_EL said:

@charlieboy: The writers of DC rebooted everything else but Green Lantern due to the success of Blackest night, they wanted to make as much profit as possible.

Agreed.