#1 Posted by mrtrevorguy (1198 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern is Hal pre 52,

He is in character.

Both pre 52 and new 52 feats usable,

Sandman is bloodlusted and morals are off,

Fight takes place on a planet 3/4 the size of earth, made entirely of Sand, and is presumed to be the same as earth. (Air supply temperature exc)

No prep,

Who wins and why?

#2 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2962 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtrevorguy: There are many charecters named sand man. Which one?

#3 Posted by HeavyWeight (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtrevorguy: There are many characters named sand man. Which one?

Judge in by the fact he said "Fight takes place on a planet 3/4 the size of earth, made entirely of Sand"

My guess is Sandman

#4 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2962 posts) - - Show Bio

@heavyweight: They could mean the one from rise of the gaurdians didint he have sand manipulation?

#5 Edited by Raw_Material (3209 posts) - - Show Bio

This might just be a PIS..seeing that the battle takes place in a planetary environment, made entirely from sand. I mean, it's Sandman Green Lantern Hal Jordan's going up against. A being known to use sand as his advantage and manipulate it as if it's apart of him. IDK what Hal could do with his power ring, but willpower defeats stupidity and strength any day of the week.

#6 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal makes an army of soldiers with flame throwers and he and his army start glassing the planet. Hal wins.

#7 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11783 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal makes an army of soldiers with flame throwers and he and his army start glassing the planet. Hal wins.

Hal can do one better ....

#8 Posted by Erick_Williams (754 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal

#9 Posted by GodOfWar2 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Sandman beats the holey, everlasting shit out of Hal.

#10 Posted by Joygirl (18479 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, Hal obliterates with comedic ease by taking massive chunks out of the planet and dispersing them harmlessly into space. After a while he goes and takes a break to recharge is ring, get a sandwich, and take a quick nap before returning to finish the job.

#11 Posted by dondave (34339 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal Jordan Stomps

#12 Posted by dondave (34339 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: Or he could turn it into glass

#13 Posted by TifaLockhart (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

Even with morals, I think Hal can hold off Sandman.

#14 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (5871 posts) - - Show Bio

He blast a hole through the Planet causing the Sand to fly out of orbit thus winning the battle.

#15 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11783 posts) - - Show Bio

@godofwar2: lol, HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

oh wow ... That was fuuuuuuuuuuuny....

Cus if you weren't new you know this....

...... Will happen

Sandy can't even break a GL construct....he can't even beat SPIDERMAN ...... HAWHAWHAW.....

#16 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

Sand Man stomps? Is that a joke?

#17 Posted by pr0xyt0xin (55 posts) - - Show Bio

Sandman gives Hal a run for his money, but ultimately loses.

#18 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (11783 posts) - - Show Bio

LOLOLOL, what run for his money? he gets glassed with absolute ease unless you can prove otherwise

#19 Posted by pr0xyt0xin (55 posts) - - Show Bio

@pr0xyt0xin said:

LOLOLOL, what run for his money? he gets glassed with absolute ease unless you can prove otherwise

That is a really big bloodlusted Sandman. Prove? Do you mean find you a comic where Green Lantern fights Sandman? I thought the point of these battles was that the proof is non-existent. Get over yourself.

#20 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (11783 posts) - - Show Bio

@pr0xyt0xin said:
@ancient_0f_days said:

@pr0xyt0xin said:

That is a really big bloodlusted Sandman. Prove? Do you mean find you a comic where Green Lantern fights Sandman? I thought the point of these battles was that the proof is non-existent. Get over yourself.

lol get over myself? cus I ask for evidence of how a character beats another? Wow....that's the same thing as saying "Prove what i say? I thought we just said whatever BS came to mind and left it at that. Get over yourself."

Anyway, Sandman cannot break a green lantern construct....

Hal has contained the force of exploding suns on at least two occasions. Here's one.

Sandman cannot muster the force to break a simple construct, nor can he stop himself from being turned to glass from extreme heat

As I've shown, Green Lantern can generate heat that matches that of the sun, the half of the planet would turn to glass in a few shots ... Sandman loses so badly, and he's slow too, he almost always relies on his human structure no matter how much sand he's around making it possible for even Captain America to dodge him fro a while...and when he actually uses sand to his advantage, it's to a scale that wouldn't even be noticeable to a green lantern...

Hal stomps

#21 Posted by XiiX (7421 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern.

#22 Edited by dondave (34339 posts) - - Show Bio

Sandman beats the holey, everlasting shit out of Hal.

No

#23 Edited by King Saturn (223808 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern Hal Jordan for the win...

#24 Posted by HeavyWeight (679 posts) - - Show Bio

Even I agree Hal wins, however on a planet made of sand, it's doesn't seem to that easy of a win.

#25 Edited by NightwingX (116 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal Jordan wins

#26 Posted by Nefarious (18648 posts) - - Show Bio

This battle made me laugh so hard.

#27 Edited by 14NC3 (1741 posts) - - Show Bio

Even I agree Hal wins, however on a planet made of sand, it's doesn't seem to that easy of a win.

This

#28 Edited by AdmiralNAkbar (195 posts) - - Show Bio

What if this thread changed to THE Sandman as in Morpheus against Zero Hour Hal Jordan?

#29 Edited by momo111191 (245 posts) - - Show Bio