Green Lantern Vs Quasar

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#151  Edited By castleking
now you are comparing gladz to superboy? WTF man!?!
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By King_Saturn
so many accounts... cant tell who is who... or is it the same person
Johnny_Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Johnny_Blazed
@castleking said:
" now you are comparing gladz to superboy? WTF man!?! "
Gladz is a watered down version of Superboy and he has a win over Quasar...
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#154  Edited By castleking
@King Saturn said:
" so many accounts... cant tell who is who... or is it the same person
"
i know that they are all you.  :P
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By King_Saturn
@castleking said:
" @King Saturn said:
" so many accounts... cant tell who is who... or is it the same person
"
i know that they are all you.  :P "
ha ha ha
Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#156  Edited By Satyrquaze

Alpha Lanterns are not Green Lanterns. They have as much in common with Manhunters.
I'll repeat what I posted on the last page: pick a Lantern other than Hal and post that GL's 5 top feats as I did with Quasar and we'll compare the two. 
We all know Wendell could easily beat Guy or John, you haven't even argued the point. You just bring up Hal in almost every other post. I get it, he's the greatest.
If you think Gladiator is a watered down Superboy, then clearly you have a DC bias. Like I said, Quasar is basically a hero Sinestro. In single combat no one GL could take on Sinestro and have any hope of winning (other than Hal). If you feel otherwise, proove me wrong.

Starblast is really much less valid than JLA/Avengers.

Johnny_Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Johnny_Blazed

Wendell beating Guy or John? Aint gonna happen..especially with Wendells track record.. you haven't made a case for Wendell either

You don't have to be DC biased to think that Gladiator is a watered down Superboy..because any version of Superboy would kick the crap out of him...and the fact that Gladz was able to bust Quasars constructs is even more proof that their weak compared to a Lanterns constructs..WW and Superman..2 beings vastly superior to Gladz in physical strenght were barely able to blemish John's constructs in rebirth

Quasar is basically a hero Sinestro...says you? Sinestro would beat Quasar also...so would the Honor Guards ...

Johnny_Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Johnny_Blazed

And if you actually believe that Gladiator is anywhere near Supermans level..I suggest you get off the rocks

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Satyrquaze

Back up your arguments with facts. You've said quite a few times that Quasar would just lose to any of the Honor Guard, but when I've repeatedly asked you to pick any Lantern other than Hal and list their top 5 feats to contrast against Quasar you've consistantly failed to deliver.

Sure, Quasar has had his construct destroyed by Gladiator but he's not as weak as you make him out. In a recent issue of War of Kings the Guardians of the Galaxy and the Star-Jamers were all convinced he was capable of killing every member of both teams. That isn't the reputation of a watered-down Superboy. Besides, Quasar's constructs have stood up to the likes of Galactus, Thanos w/ the Infinity Guantlet, and as pictured on the previous page Hulk, Thor, She-Hulk, Colossus, Wolverine, Hercules, Havok, Thing, Cyclops, Human Torch, Ice-Man, Warpath, Wonderman, Jean Grey, Rogue, and Sasquach all at once (Drax the Destroyer with his Power Gem was even depicted as attacking the construct from within). Hulk, Thor, She-Hulk, and Hercules by themselves trump the Superman and Wonder Woman feat.  As I said Starblast is not terribly valid and has been ignored by continuity since then. I mean otherwise I'd just bring up that Kyle got his ring taken away from him by Mr. Majestic as though he was a little kid being punished.

Gladiator is meant to be an allegory for Superboy (or Mon-El depending on who you ask) He should be depicted as just as powerful, but the reason he isn't is because it would raise the question of why the Imperial Guard hasn't just conquered Earth yet. Gladiator is consistantly depicted as on par with the Silver Surfer (pre-Annihilation).

Sinestro consistantly beats all of the Green Lanterns except for Hal. Quasar is capable of the same. You have yet to proove otherwise.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Satyrquaze

He needs multiple accounts so its seems like more people agree with him. ;)

Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

@Satyrquaze said:
"Back up your arguments with facts. You've said quite a few times that Quasar would just lose to any of the Honor Guard, but when I've repeatedly asked you to pick any Lantern other than Hal and list their top 5 feats to contrast against Quasar you've consistantly failed to deliver. Sure, Quasar has had his construct destroyed by Gladiator but he's not as weak as you make him out. In a recent issue of War of Kings the Guardians of the Galaxy and the Star-Jamers were all convinced he was capable of killing every member of both teams. That isn't the reputation of a watered-down Superboy. Besides, Quasar's constructs have stood up to the likes of Galactus, Thanos w/ the Infinity Guantlet, and as pictured on the previous page Hulk, Thor, She-Hulk, Colossus, Wolverine, Hercules, Havok, Thing, Cyclops, Human Torch, Ice-Man, Warpath, Wonderman, Jean Grey, Rogue, and Sasquach all at once (Drax the Destroyer with his Power Gem was even depicted as attacking the construct from within). Hulk, Thor, She-Hulk, and Hercules by themselves trump the Superman and Wonder Woman feat.  As I said Starblast is not terribly valid and has been ignored by continuity since then. I mean otherwise I'd just bring up that Kyle got his ring taken away from him by Mr. Majestic as though he was a little kid being punished.Gladiator is meant to be an allegory for Superboy (or Mon-El depending on who you ask) He should be depicted as just as powerful, but the reason he isn't is because it would raise the question of why the Imperial Guard hasn't just conquered Earth yet. Gladiator is consistantly depicted as on par with the Silver Surfer (pre-Annihilation).Sinestro consistantly beats all of the Green Lanterns except for Hal. Quasar is capable of the same. You have yet to proove otherwise. "

Honestly i think an impasse has been reached here. That an i think you're completely and utterly wrong on how Quasar stacks up against GL's (i see no difference in power, just experience and skill) but am def too lazy to debate w/ you about it.
Johnny_Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Johnny_Blazed
@Emerald_General_Jai said:
" @Satyrquaze said:
"Back up your arguments with facts. You've said quite a few times that Quasar would just lose to any of the Honor Guard, but when I've repeatedly asked you to pick any Lantern other than Hal and list their top 5 feats to contrast against Quasar you've consistantly failed to deliver. Sure, Quasar has had his construct destroyed by Gladiator but he's not as weak as you make him out. In a recent issue of War of Kings the Guardians of the Galaxy and the Star-Jamers were all convinced he was capable of killing every member of both teams. That isn't the reputation of a watered-down Superboy. Besides, Quasar's constructs have stood up to the likes of Galactus, Thanos w/ the Infinity Guantlet, and as pictured on the previous page Hulk, Thor, She-Hulk, Colossus, Wolverine, Hercules, Havok, Thing, Cyclops, Human Torch, Ice-Man, Warpath, Wonderman, Jean Grey, Rogue, and Sasquach all at once (Drax the Destroyer with his Power Gem was even depicted as attacking the construct from within). Hulk, Thor, She-Hulk, and Hercules by themselves trump the Superman and Wonder Woman feat.  As I said Starblast is not terribly valid and has been ignored by continuity since then. I mean otherwise I'd just bring up that Kyle got his ring taken away from him by Mr. Majestic as though he was a little kid being punished.Gladiator is meant to be an allegory for Superboy (or Mon-El depending on who you ask) He should be depicted as just as powerful, but the reason he isn't is because it would raise the question of why the Imperial Guard hasn't just conquered Earth yet. Gladiator is consistantly depicted as on par with the Silver Surfer (pre-Annihilation).Sinestro consistantly beats all of the Green Lanterns except for Hal. Quasar is capable of the same. You have yet to proove otherwise. "
Honestly i think an impasse has been reached here. That an i think you're completely and utterly wrong on how Quasar stacks up against GL's (i see no difference in power, just experience and skill) but am def too lazy to debate w/ you about it. "
Of course he is...its pretty obvious that he is little to no knowledge on GL
Johnny_Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Johnny_Blazed
@Satyrquaze said:
" He needs multiple accounts so its seems like more people agree with him. ;) "
I never denied being Mr.Exfed..in fact it even says on my profile that I was previously Exfed...I just think its sad that you have to resort to personal attacks because you can't come up with a valid argument

@Satyrquaze said:
" Back up your arguments with facts. You've said quite a few times that Quasar would just lose to any of the Honor Guard, but when I've repeatedly asked you to pick any Lantern other than Hal and list their top 5 feats to contrast against Quasar you've consistantly failed to deliver. Sure, Quasar has had his construct destroyed by Gladiator but he's not as weak as you make him out. In a recent issue of War of Kings the Guardians of the Galaxy and the Star-Jamers were all convinced he was capable of killing every member of both teams. That isn't the reputation of a watered-down Superboy. Besides, Quasar's constructs have stood up to the likes of Galactus, Thanos w/ the Infinity Guantlet, and as pictured on the previous page Hulk, Thor, She-Hulk, Colossus, Wolverine, Hercules, Havok, Thing, Cyclops, Human Torch, Ice-Man, Warpath, Wonderman, Jean Grey, Rogue, and Sasquach all at once (Drax the Destroyer with his Power Gem was even depicted as attacking the construct from within). Hulk, Thor, She-Hulk, and Hercules by themselves trump the Superman and Wonder Woman feat.  As I said Starblast is not terribly valid and has been ignored by continuity since then. I mean otherwise I'd just bring up that Kyle got his ring taken away from him by Mr. Majestic as though he was a little kid being punished.Gladiator is meant to be an allegory for Superboy (or Mon-El depending on who you ask) He should be depicted as just as powerful, but the reason he isn't is because it would raise the question of why the Imperial Guard hasn't just conquered Earth yet. Gladiator is consistantly depicted as on par with the Silver Surfer (pre-Annihilation).Sinestro consistantly beats all of the Green Lanterns except for Hal. Quasar is capable of the same. You have yet to proove otherwise. "
How about you back up your arguments with facts
Why should I pick any individual Lantern? When Quasar would lose to any of the top ones..their isn't any point

I'm aware of Quasar holding off most of Earth's power houses with a single construct..the problem is that Wonder Woman and Superman are stronger then every single one of those characters combined...and Mr Majestic is stronger and faster then all of them combined also

So basically Quasar held off a bunch of low tier characters that  arent even close to Supermans level...not a very impressive feat

You claimed Superman and Silver Surfer aren't compared [which was false] yet now you are claiming that Gladiator is on par with him even though we all know that Superman would destroy Gladiator ....

You keep saying Quasar is a hero Sinestro...you have yet to prove this..you keep saying Sinestro consistently beats all other Lanterns
Quasar is not capable of the same..any of the Earth Lanterns or top tier ones like Salaak or Kilowag would beat him

and you have yet to prove otherwise..you just keep resorting to personal attacks and bringing up these mediocre feats of Quasar fighting beings no where near Superman's level...except for Galactus of course..but holding off a bunch of a weak ass low tiers isn't impressive in the least

No Hulk Thor She Hulk and Hercules dont trump Wonder Woman and Superman because none of them come close to their level of phyiscal power..and your obviously a Marvel fanboy if you think otherwise

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Satyrquaze

Let me get this straight:

What you're basically saying is, DC = top tier.  Marvel = weak ass. ?

Am I picking up the jist?

Johnny_Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Johnny_Blazed

No I am saying that Gladiator is in no way shape or form Supermans equal or even close
Supes and WW were able to move 2/3 of the entire Earth...characters like She Hulk don't even come close

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Satyrquaze

The thread isn't about Gladiator or Supes or even WW. If that's your point then... you're posting the wrong thread.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Satyrquaze

I do agree we're at an impasse so I made the effort to tabulate the votes in cluding the previous thread linked on the first page of this thread.

I ingnored repeat posters who had already voted. 

I counted anyone who said Quasar could take out every other GL except Hal or Kyle as a vote in Quasar's favor since he's being descibed as being capable of defeating 7198 GLs but falling short against the most powerful 2 (which is in mind pretty much where Sinestro is). You'll remember in my inital post

In the previous thread it was Hal Jordan: 5 and Quasar (Wendell Vaughn): 7

In this thread it was "Green Lantern" (meant to represent one of the Green Lantern Corps): 7 and Quasar (meant to represent Wendell Vaughn): 7

I'm prepared to call it a tie for this thread.

Johnny_Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Johnny_Blazed
@Satyrquaze said:
" The thread isn't about Gladiator or Supes or even WW. If that's your point then... you're posting the wrong thread. "
I never said it was..I was responding to you other post

@Satyrquaze said:
" I do agree we're at an impasse so I made the effort to tabulate the votes in cluding the previous thread linked on the first page of this thread.I ingnored repeat posters who had already voted. I counted anyone who said Quasar could take out every other GL except Hal or Kyle as a vote in Quasar's favor since he's being descibed as being capable of defeating 7198 GLs but falling short against the most powerful 2 (which is in mind pretty much where Sinestro is). You'll remember in my inital postIn the previous thread it was Hal Jordan: 5 and Quasar (Wendell Vaughn): 7In this thread it was "Green Lantern" (meant to represent one of the Green Lantern Corps): 7 and Quasar (meant to represent Wendell Vaughn): 7I'm prepared to call it a tie for this thread. "

It isnt a tie..Quasar cant beat any top Lantern that includes Hal Kyle John Guy Salaak Kilowag...you can concede if you like though
Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Satyrquaze

@Johnny_Blazed said:

@Satyrquaze said:
It isnt a tie..Quasar cant beat any top Lantern that includes Hal Kyle John Guy Salaak Kilowag...you can concede if you like though "

Over half the people who have voted (through the two threads) believe he can.
Why would I concede? Quasar is winning according to the vote. (any Green Lartern: 12 to Quasar: 14)

Johnny_Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Johnny_Blazed
@Satyrquaze said:
"

@Johnny_Blazed said:

@Satyrquaze said:
It isnt a tie..Quasar cant beat any top Lantern that includes Hal Kyle John Guy Salaak Kilowag...you can concede if you like though "

Over half the people who have voted (through the two threads) believe he can.
Why would I concede? Quasar is winning according to the vote. (any Green Lartern: 12 to Quasar: 14)

"
This isnt based off votes..if you want to go to a voting site go to CBUB or something
and you and I are the only 2 people that have actually typed more then 2 lines

100 people can come in here and just say Quasar wins..it means nothing if their is no valid reason
Wonderchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#171  Edited By Wonderchild

Yellow would effect the ring depending which GL. But besides that the one flaw in all weapons is the user. Quasar doesn't have the mental instabilities that Hal and Kyle have suffered. Quasar is a true hero without a doubt plus he doesn't need to recharge his Quantum Bands. A complete and infinite power source.

TruePwnge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By TruePwnge

I give Quasar a slight edge, he's a cosmic brick who went one on one with the big guys like Surfer and unlike the GL rings the bands don't run out of juice.  Quasar has some very interesting feats,  taking on the Phoenix and the Watchers and the Quantum Bands can also siphon, manipulate or drain away energies. The Bands also do not depend on will power your press the trigger and bang the opponent in front of you is dead.

Should be an interesting fight, Kyle or Hal would give him hell, they are the best GL's out there but I'm not sure they can beat him

G-w-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By G-w-D
@TruePwnge said:
"I give Quasar a slight edge, he's a cosmic brick who went one on one with the big guys like Surfer and unlike the GL rings the bands don't run out of juice.  Quasar has some very interesting feats,  taking on the Phoenix and the Watchers and the Quantum Bands can also siphon, manipulate or drain away energies. The Bands also do not depend on will power your press the trigger and bang the opponent in front of you is dead. Should be an interesting fight, Kyle or Hal would give him hell, they are the best GL's out there but I'm not sure they can beat him "
 Those intresting feats like siphoning away energy can be performed by a Skilled enougth Lantern

@Wonderchild said:
"Yellow would effect the ring depending which GL. But besides that the one flaw in all weapons is the user. Quasar doesn't have the mental instabilities that Hal and Kyle have suffered. Quasar is a true hero without a doubt plus he doesn't need to recharge his Quantum Bands. A complete and infinite power source. "
Yellow nowadays only bothers the Rookies as seen by the spider guild onslaught on Oa and not all of them either. Ie Yat 

Anyway it would be a tough battle for any GL they would need all their willpower, rings full of energy and brains to overcome the aw power of the Bands but a few could pull it outta of the fire 

Wonderchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Wonderchild

Quasar all the way..plus he has more fine control and his bands don't run out of power like a Green Lantern ring does. I love them all but I'll put my money on Quasar.

BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By BatDance
@geraldthesloth said:
" @Satyrquaze said:
"

In no particular order...

Strength of Energy Constructs: Quasar has stalemated Galactus by shielding the FF from Galactus' eye-blasts with a energy construct. (FF #522)

Speed: "Rookie" Quasar flew from New York Harbor to the Sea of Tranquility in under 5 minutes. (no "hyperspace", no quantum-jumping) Avengers Annual #18)

Strength Enchancement:
 "Rookie" Quasar (quantum-enchanced) punched a Watcher (not Uatu), knocking the Watcher on his ass. This is notable for a couple of reasons, chiefly although the Watchers are indeed passive they are only a level under Galactus in terms of power. Secondly, Quasar is something of a pacifist himself. (Quasar #15)

Energy Absorbtion: "Rookie" Quasar absorbed and channeled the entirety of a star's power. Cosmic heroes and villains talk all the time about hitting someone with the power of a star. Here, Quasar shows that not only is he really capable of it, but manages to return the star to it's natural state showing a level of control and will-power arguably unmatched anywhere in the Marvel Universe. (Quasar #16)

General Power: During a fight with the Silver Surfer, Quasar restrained himself out of fear of hurting the Surfer. (Quasar #50)

"
He didn't technically stalemate galactus...He stalemated the phoenix though! "

I see Quasar beating Yat (Ion)

Johnny_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Johnny_Nemesis

Any o f the top Lanterns would win

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By goldenkey

I thought Quasar absorbs energy if he wants to, wouldn't that just drain a power ring making him win. 
Griffin_2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Griffin_2099

Wasn't Quazar the Defender of the Universe a long time before Kyle was a GL? how does he have more experience?

Isn't the Quantum Bands connected to Eon or Epoch? surely they would act as something close to the GL "computer" system.

Didn't Wendell contain Ego the living planet within him using the Quantum Force? surely this speaks to his willpower. Having to be on guard all day every day should take a fair bit of Will.

As for Superman and Wonderwoman being stronger than everyone in the Marvel U. Can we not get into that, I know people consider it gospel but it is just going to send this list int oan even worse spiral.

Red_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Red_Blade

Maybe when Quasar can get past a watered down version of Superboy, I might give him more credit LOL

BIackFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By BIackFlash

Quasar wins, in a close fight

@Psyker star

said:

" Silver surfer could take Vulcan and Quasar is to powerful for GL IMO "

Vulcan has no chance to beat Surfer 
Red_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Red_Blade

Quasar can beat G'nort in a close fight

OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By OhTru
@goldenkey said:
" I thought Quasar absorbs energy if he wants to, wouldn't that just drain a power ring making him win.  "
That's an option but it won't be an easy option 

any good Lantern should try hitting back quick and won't allow Quasar to drain the ring so easy
Avatar image for deathdefyingdevil
DeathDefyingDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

definetly green lantern

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Satyrquaze

Each GL only has so much power in the "gas can" Quasar can stalemate some of the best of them until they run out of power.
Chimichanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Chimichanga

I would like to say Quasar, but I am a marvel fan so.....anyways I could see it going either way or possibly a tie

LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By LordCosmicKing
on of Quasar's 1st tactic would be to shield himself and completely drain his opponent. that alone should give him the majority for most of the GL's and even get him wins against season vets like  hal and definitely kyle
OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By OhTru

Depends on the Lantern a good Lantern like Kyle would give Quasar a really difficult fight

MutenRoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By MutenRoshi

@castleking said:

quasar ftw via energy drain imo.

yeah maybe Quasar wins, but some Lanterns could make the fight very close

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quasar.

Avatar image for lectriccolossus
lectriccolossus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By lectriccolossus

Quasar handedly. Quantum Bands are better than power rings

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By termiteone4ever

I am not seen Qusar been HAl on a serious day

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#192  Edited By dernman

GL

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#193  Edited By Stronger

Quasar.If GL is Hal then I will back him.

YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By YoungGunna
@lectriccolossus said:

Ugh, no there not...

Green Lantern rings are far more versatile - You'll never see Quasar manipulating or replicating energies outside of the electric magnetic spectrum, hold together the continents of Earth, TRAVEL light speed, manipulate matter, replicate psionics, increase his physical strength directly (the one person to do that has now been retconned as using synthetic bands), alter genetics/biology, travel through or stop time. All of these are things that a competent Green Lantern can/will do. 
They also seem to be more powerful - capable of moving planets out of orbit or destroying them, shrinking planets to the size of marbles, protecting against the heat of the core of the sun (both Wendell and Phyla have feared death from just the sun's photosphere), etc.

One thing that the bands do have going for them is the no recharge bit, which is indeed excellent. Wendell used them to absorb energy quite a bit, something that isn't true of most GL's and their rings but unlike Quasar, Lanterns can actually manipulate energy OUTSIDE of the EM spectrum.

is Wendell Vaughn a match for Hal Jordon or Kyle Rayner?
For Kyle Rayner, I think yes, it's be a good fight with Kyle coming out ahead a bit. Against Hal Jordan, I think Hal wins 7-8/10. 
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#195  Edited By vuviper

@YoungGunna said:

@lectriccolossus said:

Ugh, no there not...
Green Lantern rings are far more versatile - You'll never see Quasar manipulating or replicating energies outside of the electric magnetic spectrum, hold together the continents of Earth, TRAVEL light speed, manipulate matter, replicate psionics, increase his physical strength directly (the one person to do that has now been retconned as using synthetic bands), alter genetics/biology, travel through or stop time. All of these are things that a competent Green Lantern can/will do.
They also seem to be more powerful - capable of moving planets out of orbit or destroying them, shrinking planets to the size of marbles, protecting against the heat of the core of the sun (both Wendell and Phyla have feared death from just the sun's photosphere), etc.
One thing that the bands do have going for them is the no recharge bit, which is indeed excellent. Wendell used them to absorb energy quite a bit, something that isn't true of most GL's and their rings but unlike Quasar, Lanterns can actually manipulate energy OUTSIDE of the EM spectrum.
For Kyle Rayner, I think yes, it's be a good fight with Kyle coming out ahead a bit. Against Hal Jordan, I think Hal wins 7-8/10.

Didn't phyla manipulate soul energy?

YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By YoungGunna
@vuviper said:

@YoungGunna said:

@lectriccolossus said:

Ugh, no there not...
Green Lantern rings are far more versatile - You'll never see Quasar manipulating or replicating energies outside of the electric magnetic spectrum, hold together the continents of Earth, TRAVEL light speed, manipulate matter, replicate psionics, increase his physical strength directly (the one person to do that has now been retconned as using synthetic bands), alter genetics/biology, travel through or stop time. All of these are things that a competent Green Lantern can/will do.
One thing that the bands do have going for them is the no recharge bit, which is indeed excellent. Wendell used them to absorb energy quite a bit, something that isn't true of most GL's and their rings but unlike Quasar, Lanterns can actually manipulate energy OUTSIDE of the EM spectrum.

No, not that I can recall of...
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By vuviper
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@YoungGunna said:

@vuviper said:

@YoungGunna said:

@lectriccolossus said:

Ugh, no there not...

No, not that I can recall of...
YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By YoungGunna
@vuviper
How can we be sure if that was a feat of Phyla's quantum bands? It says that Adam lent her his soul and we know he has the capability of doing so.
Siafon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Siafon

Okay I think The Gl's either one would beat Quasar. Now if the GL rings have the yellow weakness it would take sometime, and be a very difficult battle. I think maybe Guy Gardner would lose to Quasar with the yellow weakness. ( A little biased, don't really like Guy like that) But I think the GL's would win.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By vuviper

@YoungGunna: Well she was able to utilize it,

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided