Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe

It was done two years ago. So, start a new one. ;)

I like  Green Lantern.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By King_Saturn
Depends on which Green Lantern... it would take an experienced one to beat Quasar
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe
@King Saturn said:
"Depends on which Green Lantern... it would take an experienced one to beat Quasar
"

Bzzd - Green Lantern Wiki  ;) :D
Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

@King Saturn said:
"Depends on which Green Lantern... it would take an experienced one to beat Quasar
"

Yeah, and it depends on the Quasar too. Richard would more than likely get trounced by most named lanterns, he was only Quasar for a few minutes and would prob be hard pressed to beat any Vet w/ a ring. Whereass Phyla could probably hold her own, against Vath, Isamot, Natu, Iolade, Arisia, The Lost Lanterns and the like it could go either way and go there fast. Yet the best of Lanterns, Hal, John, Guy, Kyle, Kilowog and Salaak would trounce her, yet could also loose in a good bout against Wendell. I'd take Kyle and Hal over Wendel, and give him a 6/10 majority against John, Guy, and Kilowog.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By King_Saturn
@Emerald_General_Jai said:
" @King Saturn said:
"
Yeah, and it depends on the Quasar too. Richard would more than likely get trounced by most named lanterns, he was only Quasar for a few minutes and would prob be hard pressed to beat any Vet w/ a ring. Whereass Phyla could probably hold her own, against Vath, Isamot, Natu, Iolade, Arisia, The Lost Lanterns and the like it could go either way and go there fast. Yet the best of Lanterns, Hal, John, Guy, Kyle, Kilowog and Salaak would trounce her, yet could also loose in a good bout against Wendell. I'd take Kyle and Hal over Wendel, and give him a 6/10 majority against John, Guy, and Kilowog. "
true enough
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By geraldthesloth

id give wendell 6/10 on kyle and hal as well but that's just my opinion.

Mr. Exfed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mr. Exfed

If its any of the top tier Lanterns..I can see it going either way..Still after the Gladiator ordeal im going with GL 6/10

Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraldthesloth said:

"id give wendell 6/10 on kyle and hal as well but that's just my opinion."

Normal difference of opinion. I think Kyle and Hal edge him out.

Psyker star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Psyker star

Quasar  is more powerful than Green lantern he would win

Mr. Exfed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mr. Exfed
@Psyker star said:
" Quasar  is more powerful than Green lantern he would win "
Not really..hes slower..his constructs arent as strong and he lacks the versatility of a GL
Psyker star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Psyker star

Quasar might be slower and less versatile but in overall power level i think he outclasses Green Lantern  

Avatar image for secret_turchin_man
Secret Turchin Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the sort of thing where I can go either way. Depends on what version of Wendall we are talking about. I can bring up his holding his own against Rachel w/ the Phoenix Force and people will call that PIS, other people can bring up the fight with Gladiator and I will call that PIS. The guy is supposed to have the same job(more or less) as the GLC. Since he is the only one doing it as opposed to 7200 GL's that says to me that maybe, just maybe, He is supposed to be powered accordingly. But ultimately it comes down to perception. I think he should be more powerful than any one Lantern, but his showings are so varied I am going to say Hal 6/10, Kyle 5/10, the next level of Lantern 4/10, anything below loses all the time.

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Lantern Prime

Gl for life!

Avatar image for mar_vell_liberation_front
Mar-Vell Liberation Front

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I'd have to say if it were the high tier lanterns, meaning Alan, Hal, John, Guy, they would win.

Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe
@Mar-Vell Liberation Front said:
"I'd have to say if it were the high tier lanterns, meaning Alan, Hal, John, Guy, they would win. "

You forgot Kilowog, Sodom Yat,  and the Alpha Lanterns.  >:p  BZZD  :D

Any hybrid Lantern, a Lantern with multiple rings.
Green Lantern Corps - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No Caption Provided

Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe

It should be a descent battle.    I like this picture.

No Caption Provided

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By geraldthesloth
@Cezar_TheScribe said:
"

It should be a descent battle.    I like this picture.

No Caption Provided
"
LMFAO!

was that from Secret Invasion?
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Satyrquaze

Any sizable differences between the power of the Green Lantern Rings and the QuantumBands can be traced to their respective writers knowledge of how energy functions and knowledge of the Electromagnetic Spectrum.

When the GL ring was created, I seriously doubt Bill Finger had the knowledge of science that Mark Gruenwald had when he fully explored the QuantumBands in the late 80's early 90's.

When later writers of GL wrote themselves into a corner they used the excuse of "It's Magic" and then proceed to do whatever they needed to get Hal Jordan out of jams. When people say "The GL Rings are more versatile..." this is actually what they are talking about. Not sure where the 'F' they get faster from...

Mark Gruenwald wrote the q-bands to entirely objects cemented in science. For everything the q-bands do there is at least a strong scientific hypothosis to explain how. The same cannot be said for the Green Lantern Rings.

As far as Quasar vs. Hal or Quasar vs. Kyle: I think the deciding factor would come down to expirence more than anything else. Hell, at least one fight the color of the the constructs could greatly effect the outcome, but I see Quasar winning against Kyle 6-7 out of 10 fights, but losing to Hal by a similar margin.

For the record: When I saw Quasar I am refering to Wendell Vaughn.

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SeSAW
@Mr. Exfed said:
"@Psyker star said:
Not really..hes slower..his constructs arent as strong and he lacks the versatility of a GL "

What I can tell you never read Quasar. Quasar could probably take 3 or four GL at one time only Yat would stand a chance.
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By geraldthesloth
@SeSAW said:
" @Mr. Exfed said:
"@Psyker star said:
Not really..hes slower..his constructs arent as strong and he lacks the versatility of a GL "
What I can tell you never read Quasar. Quasar could probably take 3 or four GL at one time only Yat would stand a chance. "
PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PrinceIMC

I have to agree with Emerald General Jai. I think Wendell would probably lose against Hal or Kyle but probably be able to beat the other high level lanterns like Guy, John and Killowog.

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SeSAW
@PrinceIMC said:
"I have to agree with Emerald General Jai. I think Wendell would probably lose against Hal or Kyle but probably be able to beat the other high level lanterns like Guy, John and Killowog."
GL are protectors of sections of a galaxy there are 7200 of them. The Quantam bands make Wendel alone protector of the universe they can absorb and transmute the energy of entire stars as much. The quantam bands are far more powerful than a gl ring.
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe
Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Satyrquaze
@Cezar_TheScribe said:
"The power rings artifacts are considered to be the most powerful weapons in the DC Comics Universe, as their scope is limited only by the imagination and willpower of the wielder.   Power ring (DC Comics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No Caption Provided
"

Artifacts are generally more powerful in the Marvel Universe (Infinity Gems, Ultimate Nullifier...etc...) and the Quantum Bands are rated as within the top 5.
SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SeSAW
@Cezar_TheScribe said:
"The power rings artifacts are considered to be the most powerful weapons in the DC Comics Universe, as their scope is limited only by the imagination and willpower of the wielder.   Power ring (DC Comics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No Caption Provided
"

Yes and with that in consideration tell me who they have manage to beat in battle that can compare to quasar, there constructs can be broken and they cant transmute real energy, Quasar can. He can also make stronger shields than them, and you can take a ring from a GL you cant remove the bands from Quasar easily at all.
Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Satyrquaze
For a very long time, power rings were unable to affect objects colored yellow. Lanterns have typically found ways to get around these limitations by affecting objects indirectly. Originally, it was believed that the "yellow impurity" was implanted deliberately because the Guardians wanted the rings to have a weakness to prevent a Green Lantern from becoming all-powerful. More recent events have revealed that the "yellow impurity" was in fact caused by a yellow energy being, named Parallax, made of pure fear imprisoned in the Central Power Battery. Following the defeat of this creature, an experienced wielder of a power ring can, with effort, overcome the yellow weakness by recognizing the fear behind it, and facing that fear.

~ from Wiki

Quasar's constructs are yellow by default. Dividing your attention between concentrating one's greatest fear while fighting someone with very comparable powers who just as adept at using them as you are is a tall order, even for the greatest veteren of the GL Corps. I have to give the edge to Quasar.
SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SeSAW

I don't think yellow affects there rings anymore

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Satyrquaze
@SeSAW said:
"I don't think yellow affects there rings anymore "

It does. Geoff Johns making the effort to show it is another story entirely.

I haven't seen anything pointedly saying that Green Lanterns can freely effect yellow.
Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Satyrquaze said:
"@SeSAW said:
It does. Geoff Johns making the effort to show it is another story entirely.I haven't seen anything pointedly saying that Green Lanterns can freely effect yellow. "

Then go back and re-read GLC. You have a couple of instances where Guy explains to the Rookies they need only conquer their fears to affect Yellow. An the entire point of SCW was them facing opponents w/ comparable/identical weapons and they harness the power of fear itself. So an arguement that Wendell will get a pass b/c of yellow doesn't really fly when dealing w/ any of the vets. Hence why i did the break down w/ different Quasar's and the diff GL's. I don't see anything that really leads me to beleive the quantom bands are any better than the current GL Rings.
Larfleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Larfleeze
@Satyrquaze said:
"@SeSAW said:
It does. Geoff Johns making the effort to show it is another story entirely.I haven't seen anything pointedly saying that Green Lanterns can freely effect yellow. "
You need to seriously catch up on your GL then lol. Only rookies have that problem now.
PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By PrinceIMC
@SeSAW: The quantum bands absorb and manipulate energy from the electromagnetic spectrum. Energies from different dimensions and universes like darkforce and magic bypass his constructs, a lantern's green energy might have similar effects until I see the two of them actually fight to determine this.

If it were a contest to absorb star energy then sure Quasar would win. But in a straight out fight I think Hal and even Kyle are better at using their powers in a fight and defeating opponents. Its not all about the power of their equipment.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AtPhantom

The yellow weakness difficulty has either been retconned or simply forgotten, since we have seen no sign of it throughout the Sinestro corps war.  If the GL's had difficulty with yellow, they would not really be able to win the war, but instead, as soon as killing is authorised, they pretty much rout up all the sinestros. Human Lanterns and the lost lanterns were quite happy to take on significant sinestro forces on their own, and they seemed to do just fine.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Satyrquaze
@Emerald_General_Jai said:
"@Satyrquaze said:
Then go back and re-read GLC. You have a couple of instances where Guy explains to the Rookies they need only conquer their fears to affect Yellow. An the entire point of SCW was them facing opponents w/ comparable/identical weapons and they harness the power of fear itself. So an arguement that Wendell will get a pass b/c of yellow doesn't really fly when dealing w/ any of the vets. Hence why i did the break down w/ different Quasar's and the diff GL's. I don't see anything that really leads me to beleive the quantom bands are any better than the current GL Rings. "
Hal and John had to 'remember their greatest fear' as recently as post-rebirth in order to effect a yellow manhunter ship, in I think Green Lantern #2-3

Maybe G. Johns retconned it since then without giving any sort of explaination... it's possible, he does that kind of thing. 
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AtPhantom
@Satyrquaze said:
"Hal and John had to 'remember their greatest fear' as recently as post-rebirth in order to effect a yellow manhunter ship, in I think Green Lantern #2-3Maybe G. Johns retconned it since then without giving any sort of explaination... it's possible, he does that kind of thing.  "
SCW has no mention of the yellow difficulty, and that's even more recent. Yes, It's quite possible he just phased it out.
Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Satyrquaze
@AtPhantom said:
"The yellow weakness difficulty has either been retconned or simply forgotten, since we have seen no sign of it throughout the Sinestro corps war.  If the GL's had difficulty with yellow, they would not really be able to win the war, but instead, as soon as killing is authorised, they pretty much rout up all the sinestros. Human Lanterns and the lost lanterns were quite happy to take on significant sinestro forces on their own, and they seemed to do just fine."

I think part of that could be explained away as surprise on the part by the Sinestros.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AtPhantom
@Satyrquaze said:
" @AtPhantom said:
"The yellow weakness difficulty has either been retconned or simply forgotten, since we have seen no sign of it throughout the Sinestro corps war.  If the GL's had difficulty with yellow, they would not really be able to win the war, but instead, as soon as killing is authorised, they pretty much rout up all the sinestros. Human Lanterns and the lost lanterns were quite happy to take on significant sinestro forces on their own, and they seemed to do just fine."
I think part of that could be explained away as surprise on the part by the Sinestros. "
But it does not explain how Hal and Kyle were capable of holding off dozens of SCs on their own.
Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Satyrquaze
@AtPhantom said:
"@Satyrquaze said:
SCW has no mention of the yellow difficulty, and that's even more recent. Yes, It's quite possible he just phased it out."

Yeah, I'm not a fan of John's work, this is just another reason.

In the final analysis, Quasar curbstomps pretty much any other GL other than Hal and maybe Kyle. I still think Wendell takes out Kyle after a long and difficult fight. Worse case scenario Wendell just stalemates Kyle until Kyle runs out of power. That alone makes the Quantum-bands superior to the Power Rings.
Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Satyrquaze
@AtPhantom said:
"@Satyrquaze said:
" @AtPhantom said:
I think part of that could be explained away as surprise on the part by the Sinestros. "
But it does not explain how Hal and Kyle were capable of holding off dozens of SCs on their own."

Experience.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AtPhantom
@Satyrquaze said:
" @AtPhantom said:
"@Satyrquaze said:
" @AtPhantom said:
But it does not explain how Hal and Kyle were capable of holding off dozens of SCs on their own."
Experience. "
If the yellow weakness was still there they would have a hard time fighting off just a couple sinestros, regardless of the experience.
Larfleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Larfleeze

Any of the human GL's could win....

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Satyrquaze
@AtPhantom said:
"@Satyrquaze said:
" @AtPhantom said:
"@Satyrquaze said:
Experience. "
If the yellow weakness was still there they would have a hard time fighting off just a couple sinestros, regardless of the experience."

Alright, fine.

In the begining of the SCW, Kyle was beating all those Sinestro-corps members becasue he was the vessel for the Ion entity after that he was wasn't beating any Sinestros.. he was killing Lanterns. At the end of the war he was playing second fiddle to Hal who was kicking Sinestro's ass. So, I'm not sure when you mean.

As far as Hal, Geoff Johns is Hal Jordan's his biggest fan, he'd write him taking out everyone in the DCU with a ball of twine and a AA battery if he thought he could get away with it. 
Mr. Exfed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Mr. Exfed
@SeSAW said:
" @Mr. Exfed said:
"@Psyker star said:
What I can tell you never read Quasar. Quasar could probably take 3 or four GL at one time only Yat would stand a chance. "
What I can tell is that you never read Green Lantern...On top of that you are a moron that thinks Namor can beat Black Adam

Please dont speak to me
Mr. Exfed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Mr. Exfed

For the people in here who arent idiots like SeSaw

Im sticking with GL but its understandable on why someone would say Quasar could win also

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Satyrquaze
@Mr. Exfed said:
"@SeSAW said:
What I can tell is that you never read Green Lantern...On top of that you are a moron that thinks Namor can beat Black AdamPlease dont speak to me"

But, he not that far off, this time, Quasar *could* beat 3-4 GL rookies without breaking a sweat.
Mr. Exfed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Mr. Exfed
@Satyrquaze said:
" @Mr. Exfed said:
"@SeSAW said:
What I can tell is that you never read Green Lantern...On top of that you are a moron that thinks Namor can beat Black AdamPlease dont speak to me"
But, he not that far off, this time, Quasar *could* beat 3-4 GL rookies without breaking a sweat. "
Rookies..sure why not..but it doesnt state him fighting Rookies

SeSaw being the blind Marvel fantard he is...is implying that Quasar can take 3-4 top Lanterns like Kilowag and the Honor Guardians by himself..which is a complete pile of crap
Mr. Exfed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Mr. Exfed
@Satyrquaze said:
" @SeSAW said:
In Secret Origins..Kilowag explained to a rookie Hal Jordan that a GL only needs to conquer his inner fear to overcome yellow
Larfleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Larfleeze
@Satyrquaze said:
"@AtPhantom said:
"@Satyrquaze said:
" @AtPhantom said:
"@Satyrquaze said:
Experience. "
If the yellow weakness was still there they would have a hard time fighting off just a couple sinestros, regardless of the experience."
Alright, fine.In the begining of the SCW, Kyle was beating all those Sinestro-corps members becasue he was the vessel for the Ion entity after that he was wasn't beating any Sinestros.. he was killing Lanterns. At the end of the war he was playing second fiddle to Hal who was kicking Sinestro's ass. So, I'm not sure when you mean.As far as Hal, Geoff Johns is Hal Jordan's his biggest fan, he'd write him taking out everyone in the DCU with a ball of twine and a AA battery if he thought he could get away with it.  "
Geoff Johns has already said in interviews that his favorite super hero is Flash so quit it with the stupid excuses.

@Satyrquaze said:
"@Mr. Exfed said:
"@SeSAW said:
But, he not that far off, this time, Quasar *could* beat 3-4 GL rookies without breaking a sweat. "

No he said that Quasar could beat 3-4 GL's he didn't say rookies. Which is a load of BS.

Hal can beat Quasar
Kyle can beat Quasar
Guy can beat Quasar
John can beat Quasar

There are quite a few Lanterns that could do it...