#1 Posted by angryvigilante (1448 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Johnny_Blazed (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done
Like 50 times

GL stomps

#3 Posted by angryvigilante (1448 posts) - - Show Bio

Really. I searched and couldn't find it. How does GL curbstomp Magneto?

#4 Posted by Son Of Storm (11252 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto FTW


#5 Posted by Rothschild (1311 posts) - - Show Bio
@Johnny_Blazed said:
"Been doneLike 50 timesGL stomps "

I second angry... how does Hal exactly Stomp arguably the greatest Villain in comics ever
#6 Posted by Son Of Storm (11252 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rothschild said:
" @Johnny_Blazed said:
"Been doneLike 50 timesGL stomps "
I second angry... how does Hal exactly Stomp arguably the greatest Villain in comics ever "
HE cant
#7 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

A good case can be made for both sides.

I'm backing Hal for this.

#8 Posted by Johnny_Blazed (1114 posts) - - Show Bio
@angryvigilante said:
" Really. I searched and couldn't find it. How does GL curbstomp Magneto? "
@Rothschild said:
" @Johnny_Blazed said:
"Been doneLike 50 timesGL stomps "
I second angry... how does Hal exactly Stomp arguably the greatest Villain in comics ever "
Simple....he vaporizes him
#9 Posted by Johnny_Blazed (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

I know Magneto has shields etc

GL sends in the energy twin and self destructs inside Mags shields...game over

#10 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio
And so it begins....
#11 Posted by Johnny_Blazed (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

Its already over

Fights been done..Mags gets housed

#12 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Im siding with Magneto just for the hell of a debate.

#13 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio
@Johnny_Blazed said:
"@angryvigilante said:
" Really. I searched and couldn't find it. How does GL curbstomp Magneto? "
@Rothschild said:
" @Johnny_Blazed said:
"Been doneLike 50 timesGL stomps "
I second angry... how does Hal exactly Stomp arguably the greatest Villain in comics ever "
Simple....he vaporizes him "

Why and how is Hal going to vaporize him? The Green Lantern Rings are not allowed to use deadly force, the only exception was in Sinestro Corps War.
#14 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@dreadmaster said:
"Why and how is Hal going to vaporize him? The Green Lantern Rings are not allowed to use deadly force, the only exception was in Sinestro Corps War. "
So, the battle is in character? I didn't see that anywhere, but it doesn't say that they are bloodlusted either.
#15 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
Green Lantern should win here... I dont think Magneto would be able to gain control of a GL Power Ring...
#16 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
"@dreadmaster said:
"Why and how is Hal going to vaporize him? The Green Lantern Rings are not allowed to use deadly force, the only exception was in Sinestro Corps War. "
So, the battle is in character? I didn't see that anywhere, but it doesn't say that they are bloodlusted either."

I assume they are in character when no one specifies if they are or not. Unless that registers as CIS?
#17 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" Green Lantern should win here... I dont think Magneto would be able to gain control of a GL Power Ring...
"
Monica Rambeau did it. Dr. Light did it also. And, Mags has shown the ability to manipulate light before.
#18 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@dreadmaster said:
" I assume they are in character when no one specifies if they are or not. Unless that registers as CIS? "
Maybe the OP needs more specification.
#19 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @King Saturn said:
" Green Lantern should win here... I dont think Magneto would be able to gain control of a GL Power Ring...
"
Monica Rambeau did it. Dr. Light did it also. And, Mags has shown the ability to manipulate light before. "
I think Dr. Light's level of Light Manipulation is quite a bit higher than Magneto's though...
#20 Posted by Johnny_Blazed (1114 posts) - - Show Bio
@dreadmaster said:
" @Johnny_Blazed said:
"@angryvigilante said:
" Really. I searched and couldn't find it. How does GL curbstomp Magneto? "
@Rothschild said:
" @Johnny_Blazed said:
"Been doneLike 50 timesGL stomps "
I second angry... how does Hal exactly Stomp arguably the greatest Villain in comics ever "
Simple....he vaporizes him "
Why and how is Hal going to vaporize him? The Green Lantern Rings are not allowed to use deadly force, the only exception was in Sinestro Corps War. "
Um they have been able to use deadly force since the SCW
#21 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @Static Shock said:
" @King Saturn said:
" Green Lantern should win here... I dont think Magneto would be able to gain control of a GL Power Ring...
"
Monica Rambeau did it. Dr. Light did it also. And, Mags has shown the ability to manipulate light before. "
I think Dr. Light's level of Light Manipulation is quite a bit higher than Magneto's though... "
Isn't light made of photons?
#22 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" I think Dr. Light's level of Light Manipulation is quite a bit higher than Magneto's though... "
Maybe it is, but that doesn't make it exclusive to Dr. Light to be able to manipulate light from a GL Ring.
#23 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
"Isn't light made of photons? "
Yes, and they are associated with the EM spectrum. That of which Magneto controls.
#24 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @King Saturn said:
" I think Dr. Light's level of Light Manipulation is quite a bit higher than Magneto's though... "
Maybe it is, but that doesn't make it exclusive to Dr. Light to be able to manipulate light from a GL Ring. "
Good Point...
#25 Posted by MrDirector786 (43418 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern stomps.

#26 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
"Isn't light made of photons? "
Yes, and they are associated with the EM spectrum. That of which Magneto controls. "
And I remember a scan of  Magneto controlling photons why shouldn't it stop him from controlling the gl's power?
#27 Posted by Johnny_Blazed (1114 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" @Static Shock said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
"Isn't light made of photons? "
Yes, and they are associated with the EM spectrum. That of which Magneto controls. "
And I remember a scan of  Magneto controlling photons why shouldn't it stop him from controlling the gl's power? "
By GL power do you mean constructs? Because contructs arent made of energy
Magneto may be able to bend the light around them weakening them but thats it
#28 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Johnny_Blazed said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" @Static Shock said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
"Isn't light made of photons? "
Yes, and they are associated with the EM spectrum. That of which Magneto controls. "
And I remember a scan of  Magneto controlling photons why shouldn't it stop him from controlling the gl's power? "
By GL power do you mean constructs? Because contructs arent made of energyMagneto may be able to bend the light around them weakening them but thats it "
But than how does Dr Light manage to beat Lanterns when Magneto can do the same thing and is willing to harder on them than Dr Light does.
#29 Posted by Johnny_Blazed (1114 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" @Johnny_Blazed said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" @Static Shock said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
"Isn't light made of photons? "
Yes, and they are associated with the EM spectrum. That of which Magneto controls. "
And I remember a scan of  Magneto controlling photons why shouldn't it stop him from controlling the gl's power? "
By GL power do you mean constructs? Because contructs arent made of energyMagneto may be able to bend the light around them weakening them but thats it "
But than how does Dr Light manage to beat Lanterns when Magneto can do the same thing and is willing to harder on them than Dr Light does. "
As King Saturn stated...Lights ability to control light is greater then Magnetos...
#30 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Johnny_Blazed said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" @Johnny_Blazed said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" @Static Shock said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
"Isn't light made of photons? "
Yes, and they are associated with the EM spectrum. That of which Magneto controls. "
And I remember a scan of  Magneto controlling photons why shouldn't it stop him from controlling the gl's power? "
By GL power do you mean constructs? Because contructs arent made of energyMagneto may be able to bend the light around them weakening them but thats it "
But than how does Dr Light manage to beat Lanterns when Magneto can do the same thing and is willing to harder on them than Dr Light does. "
As King Saturn stated...Lights ability to control light is greater then Magnetos... "
@Static Shock said:
" @King Saturn said:
" I think Dr. Light's level of Light Manipulation is quite a bit higher than Magneto's though... "
Maybe it is, but that doesn't make it exclusive to Dr. Light to be able to manipulate light from a GL Ring. "

#31 Posted by Johnny_Blazed (1114 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" @Johnny_Blazed said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" @Johnny_Blazed said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" @Static Shock said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
"Isn't light made of photons? "
Yes, and they are associated with the EM spectrum. That of which Magneto controls. "
And I remember a scan of  Magneto controlling photons why shouldn't it stop him from controlling the gl's power? "
By GL power do you mean constructs? Because contructs arent made of energyMagneto may be able to bend the light around them weakening them but thats it "
But than how does Dr Light manage to beat Lanterns when Magneto can do the same thing and is willing to harder on them than Dr Light does. "
As King Saturn stated...Lights ability to control light is greater then Magnetos... "
@Static Shock said:
" @King Saturn said:
" I think Dr. Light's level of Light Manipulation is quite a bit higher than Magneto's though... "
Maybe it is, but that doesn't make it exclusive to Dr. Light to be able to manipulate light from a GL Ring. "
"
I'm just saying that bending the light around a construct would weaken it..that's all ..I don't know too much about Light so I don't have an explantion for you on how he beats Lanterns
#32 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Johnny_Blazed said:
"I'm just saying that bending the light around a construct would weaken it..that's all ..I don't know too much about Light so I don't have an explantion for you on how he beats Lanterns "
It's very simple. Dr. Light beats them because the ring and the constructs emit light. He controls anything that gives off light. Superboy's heat vision doesn't have photons either, yet, it emits a red light. Dr. Light had control over that, and Superboy was unable to use it as a result. Wonder Girl's lasso suffered from the same thing. She couldn't use the electricity from it because Dr. Light had control over it.
#33 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" And I remember a scan of  Magneto controlling photons why shouldn't it stop him from controlling the gl's power? "
Exactly.
#34 Posted by Johnny_Blazed (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

Well their at least other ways for GL to beat Mags

#35 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

like?

#36 Posted by Johnny_Blazed (1114 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" like? "
BFR
Transmutation
Speed blitzing
Energy twins

#37 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Johnny_Blazed said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" like? "
BFRTransmutationSpeed blitzingEnergy twins "
Right.

How many times does a GL move past the speed of light?

#38 Posted by Johnny_Blazed (1114 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" @Johnny_Blazed said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" like? "
BFRTransmutationSpeed blitzingEnergy twins "
Right.How many times does a GL move past the speed of light? "
Everytime they fly in space
Hal has caught Flash when Superman was unable to
But they dont have to be light speed to blitz Mags

#39 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Johnny_Blazed said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" @Johnny_Blazed said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" like? "
BFRTransmutationSpeed blitzingEnergy twins "
Right.How many times does a GL move past the speed of light? "
Everytime they fly in spaceHal has caught Flash when Superman was unable toBut they dont have to be light speed to blitz Mags "
Magnetos reflexes are fast enough to tag him he was aware of photon moving FTL when she was traveling toward him.
#40 Posted by Johnny_Blazed (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

Quicksilver has been able to blitz Mags though

  • If I recall it stated that Magneto had reflexes 14.5x greater then normal humans did..
#41 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
Right.How many times does a GL move past the speed of light? "
I read somewhere that they move at superluminal speeds in space.

@geraldthesloth said:
" Magnetos reflexes are fast enough to tag him he was aware of photon moving FTL when she was traveling toward him. "



Says his consciousness followed her while she was moving at light speed.


#42 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: Isn't that technically being able to follow someone at ftl?
#43 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" @Static Shock: Isn't that technically being able to follow someone at ftl? "
Well, able to follow at light speed, but not faster than light.
#44 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Johnny_Blazed said:
" Quicksilver has been able to blitz Mags though
  • If I recall it stated that Magneto had reflexes 14.5x greater then normal humans did..
"
I remember Quicksilver saying that his speed is nothing to Magneto. And, you're right about his reflexes. There are close to Spider-Man's


#45 Posted by Johnny_Blazed (1114 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Johnny_Blazed said:
" Quicksilver has been able to blitz Mags though
  • If I recall it stated that Magneto had reflexes 14.5x greater then normal humans did..
"
I remember Quicksilver saying that his speed is nothing to Magneto. And, you're right about his reflexes. There are close to Spider-Man's "
I'm going to dig up a scan if I can...it was Quicksilver nabbing Mags helmet ... He also might of been talking about movement speed..Quicksilver has knocked Spiderman on his ass before
#46 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Johnny_Blazed said:
"Quicksilver has knocked Spiderman on his ass before "
When was this? I remember seeing it the other way around.
#47 Posted by Johnny_Blazed (1114 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Johnny_Blazed said:
"Quicksilver has knocked Spiderman on his ass before "
When was this? I remember seeing it the other way around. "
I dont have the actual scan but it was from Spider Man 71...granted it was from a couple decades ago but it holds some validity
#48 Posted by MKF30 (11635 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll go with GL here.

#49 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Johnny_Blazed said:
" I dont have the actual scan but it was from Spider Man 71...granted it was from a couple decades ago but it holds some validity "
Damn, that's way, way back...
#50 Posted by Johnny_Blazed (1114 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Johnny_Blazed said:
" I dont have the actual scan but it was from Spider Man 71...granted it was from a couple decades ago but it holds some validity "
Damn, that's way, way back... "
Its still valid though...people use Daredevil fighting Sabretooth in debates even though that fight was like in the 60's