• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by theblackshadow (86 posts) - - Show Bio

i've always wanted to know who would win in this fight i would have to say green lantern but thats just my vote

#2 Posted by Spellca2 (583 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern stomps.
#3 Posted by JediXMan (31206 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless it's a rookie, any Green Lantern wins with ease.

#4 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

Well to me it seems like GL is another case of extremely over powered, so since he is then obviously he would win

#5 Posted by King Saturn (224702 posts) - - Show Bio
a Green Lantern should win this
#6 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (7906 posts) - - Show Bio

Even G'Nort could handle Stark

#7 Posted by Spellca2 (583 posts) - - Show Bio
@reaper2923: 

Green Lanterns aren't really "overpowered". In this case, it is a space-faring super-being with an energy-based weapon working off willpower that allows them to construct whatever they want as long as the ring's power and the user's will can sustain it. That isn't really "overpowered", it just has the tendancy to be overblown.  

Tony has no way of living through this, a lantern could match his speed and blast him out of the sky easily.
#8 Posted by Xi Felix (797 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the most advanced pieces of weaponry on earth vs. one of the most advanced weapons in the entire damn universe. 

Gee, I'm undecided.........
#9 Posted by progenitor (7551 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony Stark has the edge as he is far more advanced in his engineering skills, but Green Lantern can form matter of anything he can think of, and in this case, I think imagination would beat intelligence.  Green Lantern wins.
#10 Posted by MrDirector786 (43633 posts) - - Show Bio

Even G'nort or Bzzzt would completely maul Iron Man.

#11 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

#12 Edited by Terran (580 posts) - - Show Bio

Couldnt Iron man do this to any GL? then they cant use there ring right?
#13 Posted by Notasoccerstar09 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

i give it 15 seconds before starks suit is ripped to shreds and he next to in in the fetal position 

so GL

#14 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio

GL ULTRA RAPESTOMP...=[

#15 Posted by WindCloud (2678 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man has about  a 0.000001% chance of winning here, to be fair to him.

#16 Posted by Fortified_Hooligan (2009 posts) - - Show Bio

It would have to be a hell of a plot contrivance for Stark to get a big enough drop on one a GL to completely defeat them before they had a chance to fight back. Then Stark would be at their mercy. 

#17 Posted by Rothschild (1311 posts) - - Show Bio

if its Guy,John, Kyle, Hal, Kilowog(sounds like a boy Band)...  Its over ridiculously fast

#18 Posted by Sexy Merc (42076 posts) - - Show Bio

Even a rookie Green Lantern can handle Iron Man.

#19 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
" Even a rookie Green Lantern can handle Iron Man. "
You're pushing it.
#20 Posted by Sexy Merc (42076 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_: Maybe I am, but rookie Green Lanterns are still threats, even if minor ones. I have a scan of a rookie shielding himself from an angry Doomsday in time. Doomsday was also not able to break the shield and ended up being imprisoned until the Guardians threw off his conecntration.
#21 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
" @Morpheus_: Maybe I am, but rookie Green Lanterns are still threats, even if minor ones. I have a scan of a rookie shielding himself from an angry Doomsday in time. Doomsday was also not able to break the shield and ended up being imprisoned until the Guardians threw off his conecntration. "
The reason I am sceptic about it is because the level of competence of inexperienced Lanterns, varies. In Johns' run on Green Lantern, while narrating the early years of Hal, it was apparent that at that state, even him, the one who has come to be known as the greatest of them all, wasn't exactly an invincible Lantern right from the start. It required months of extensive training for him to be able to discipline himself and utilize his great will to a degree that made him a good - not top-tier, but good Lantern. In sparring duels, I recall Kilowog being able to shatter his shields, and make him lose balance. 

On the other hand, you have Kyle Rayner, who, without even knowing that a battery is required to re-charge the ring, slapped around Major Force, and had a pretty good showing against Mongul. 

As I said, it varies.
#22 Posted by Sexy Merc (42076 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_: I see what you're saying. Retcon Johns has done some funny stuff with Green Lanterns, so if we were to use a rookie Green Lantern in his run, I would give Tony the win on 9-9.5/10 rookies. I'm really dissapointed with Green Lanterns recently to be honest. Johns is obviously in favor of the Silver Age Comics, but he doesn't know how to handle Green Lanterns, power wise. In Recharge though, two rookie Green Lanterns were able to survive being sucked into a black hole, which means the durability we see of them from Pre-Crisis is also evident in recent tuns. There are some inconsistencies in comics though, so whatever.
#23 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
" @Morpheus_: I see what you're saying. Retcon Johns has done some funny stuff with Green Lanterns, so if we were to use a rookie Green Lantern in his run, I would give Tony the win on 9-9.5/10 rookies. I'm really dissapointed with Green Lanterns recently to be honest. Johns is obviously in favor of the Silver Age Comics, but he doesn't know how to handle Green Lanterns, power wise. In Recharge though, two rookie Green Lanterns were able to survive being sucked into a black hole, which means the durability we see of them from Pre-Crisis is also evident in recent tuns. There are some inconsistencies in comics though, so whatever. "
In all honesty, for someone who is supposed to possess the most powerful weapon in the Universe, and being the best ever in its use, Hal has been underwhelming since his return. I blame Johns for that, as well. He has toned the Lanterns down by a good margin.
#24 Posted by Sexy Merc (42076 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" @Morpheus_: I see what you're saying. Retcon Johns has done some funny stuff with Green Lanterns, so if we were to use a rookie Green Lantern in his run, I would give Tony the win on 9-9.5/10 rookies. I'm really dissapointed with Green Lanterns recently to be honest. Johns is obviously in favor of the Silver Age Comics, but he doesn't know how to handle Green Lanterns, power wise. In Recharge though, two rookie Green Lanterns were able to survive being sucked into a black hole, which means the durability we see of them from Pre-Crisis is also evident in recent tuns. There are some inconsistencies in comics though, so whatever. "
In all honesty, for someone who is supposed to possess the most powerful weapon in the Universe, and being the best ever in its use, Hal has been underwhelming since his return. I blame Johns for that, as well. He has toned the Lanterns down by a good margin. "
Agreed. Some people may say his performance was due to the Parallax incident, but I think it's time to move on and bring back Hal with actual emotion, instead of an extremely will powered brick. Johns only retcon I approved of was getting ROYGBIV involved in the Green Lantern mythos. I don't know why anyone didn't think of that before, and it was convenient for him that Green was in the middle of that. I'm glad that his run has been able to get a lot of fans and more people reading Green Lantern, but hopefully he redeems the Green Lantern name somehow.
#25 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
" Agreed. Some people may say his performance was due to the Parallax incident, but I think it's time to move on and bring back Hal with actual emotion, instead of an extremely will powered brick. Johns only retcon I approved of was getting ROYGBIV involved in the Green Lantern mythos. I don't know why anyone didn't think of that before, and it was convenient for him that Green was in the middle of that. I'm glad that his run has been able to get a lot of fans and more people reading Green Lantern, but hopefully he redeems the Green Lantern name somehow. "
Agreed. I have thoroughly enjoyed his run in terms of writing (especially up to SCW), but he shouldn't be afraid to illustrate how powerful a Lantern could be.
#26 Posted by Sexy Merc (42076 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" Agreed. Some people may say his performance was due to the Parallax incident, but I think it's time to move on and bring back Hal with actual emotion, instead of an extremely will powered brick. Johns only retcon I approved of was getting ROYGBIV involved in the Green Lantern mythos. I don't know why anyone didn't think of that before, and it was convenient for him that Green was in the middle of that. I'm glad that his run has been able to get a lot of fans and more people reading Green Lantern, but hopefully he redeems the Green Lantern name somehow. "
Agreed. I have thoroughly enjoyed his run in terms of writing (especially up to SCW), but he shouldn't be afraid to illustrate how powerful a Lantern could be. "
Likewise.
#27 Posted by Black Lantern Mar-vell (2040 posts) - - Show Bio

Ch'p would also destroy Tony!  Would Steve or Thor ever let him live it down?  LOL
#28 Posted by theblackshadow (86 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah green lantern corps i think are way over powered its really pathetic how stark would lose
#29 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not so sure. That sure is a lot of yellow on Iron Man. :p

#30 Posted by FinalStar86 (8681 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony couldn't even take G Nort

#31 Posted by VIZION2011 (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

I know Tony couldn't even hold a candle to any Lantern but do you think with enough Prep time he may have a chance?

#32 Posted by 2099spidey (21 posts) - - Show Bio

iron man wins! did you not see the 2 movies. plus it depends on which armor. and iron man can turn invisible and he has real missles unilike those gay green ones and iron man has a laser sword that is as sharp as a light saber. His unibeam is 2 powerful for GL anyway.And thats just his current armor.not to mention the war machine and hulkbuster and many others. But dont get me wrong there are some armors GL would beat.I like both but iron man would kill him.

#33 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

@2099spidey said:

iron man wins! did you not see the 2 movies. plus it depends on which armor. and iron man can turn invisible and he has real missles unilike those gay green ones and iron man has a laser sword that is as sharp as a light saber. His unibeam is 2 powerful for GL anyway.And thats just his current armor.not to mention the war machine and hulkbuster and many others. But dont get me wrong there are some armors GL would beat.I like both but iron man would kill him.

This being speaks logic. I will side with this person.

#34 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

Necromancer!!!! ahahah Isnt Iron Man's new armor basicly a downgraded Green Lantern ring?

#35 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

a Green Lantern should win this
#36 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

You know, with Asgardian Fear Itself Invincible Iron Man armor, or Thorbuster armor, he at least isn't a pushover. But I'm thinking the only way he's winning this is with a space suit made of wood and painted yellow....Also it still has to function the same as his current suits. But seriously though, I'm thinking he loses here (Though FI and TB Armor would be interesting to see)

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#37 Posted by termiteone4ever (7860 posts) - - Show Bio

I have seen the green lantern rings perform many feats including intangibility / to even mimic characters powers and all . I dont the Tony winning this

#38 Posted by sa5m (2112 posts) - - Show Bio

The Green Lantern =)

#39 Edited by Hoboseid (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

Random encounter just about any Lantern with a good reputation should dominate

better shields, better energy blasts etc

with a few days prep maybe Tony owns it, he might finding a way to drain the ring and take out the likes of Kyle, John and even Hal

with PIS off the GL wins

#40 Posted by Super_Man91 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man can just create an injection or chemical to make any green lantern fear. just like how batman had one in case green lantern turns bad

#41 Posted by spiderbuck (2454 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with GL here.

#42 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1683 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Iron Man's outmatched here. No matter what armor he uses he loses. Depending on the lantern it'll be anywhere from a decent match to a roflstomp.

#43 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern

#44 Posted by jameshebrew (763 posts) - - Show Bio

@2099spidey: your crazy..gls are just on a totally different level than iron man is

#45 Posted by HolySerpent (12724 posts) - - Show Bio

Any green lantern wins

#46 Posted by Rhysg608 (83 posts) - - Show Bio

words that work here is I AM IRON MAN THEN SHOOT TO THRILL PLAYS GL FALLS TO THE GROUND DUE TO IRON MAN KICKING HIS @SS

#47 Posted by Rhysg608 (83 posts) - - Show Bio

IRON MAN THEN HE USES HULK BUSTER TO TAKE HAL JORDAN OR ANY OF THE GREEN PANSIES OUT BY GOD EVEN NACY CALAHAN FROM SIN CITY WOULD BEAT A DUMB GREEN PERSON PFFT

#48 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

Any GL would win easily.

#49 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent said:

Any green lantern wins
#50 Posted by Dextersinister (6443 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW said:

Any GL would win easily.

Every GL is incredibly skilled but like most stories you will often seen nameless lanterns die to show how powerful a particular threat is, but if any lantern is the focus of a story they are a powerhouse.