• Bennett is post-resurrection
  • Morals On
  • No Prep
  • Random Encounter
  • Standard Gear
  • No BFR
  • Win by KO, Death or Incap

#2 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Apologies for my ignorance, but what are Bennet's capabilities?

#3 Edited by Strider92 (16454 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

Apologies for my ignorance, but what are Bennet's capabilities?

I'm so sad I, Vampire was canceled it was beast. Got some feats for ya :D:

Can heal himself and others:

Intangibility:

Reduces an entire vampire army to dust:

Telekinesis:

Pretty strong magical abilities:

Takes a heat-vision blast from Apollo at point black range and in a weakened state without a scratch:

He does also have low level TP but its not great. He can make people forget things and stuff but I don't recall him mind-raping anyone.

#4 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: Wow, that looks ridiculously wicked! He indeed seems very powerful and it's definitely a far more interesting fight than I would've initially assumed it to be. Who are the majority of opponents he fought though and utilized his powers against? Other vampires? Are his powers more capable against those of his own kind or similar origin?

I'm curious as to whether his attacks will be able to bypass Hal's shielding and how frequently he can dish out attacks of enough power to land some damage on him. Those magical abilities look like they can be a huge factor for Bennet but how with an attack on that scale, did it leave him worn out afterwards?

#5 Edited by Strider92 (16454 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Yeah after that big one he was very drained. He basically fell out of the sky. Wasn't KO'd but pretty tired. Basically prior to that he had "borrowed" the powers of the JLD so had copies of Constantine's, Zatanna's and who ever else was there at the time added to his powerset which he then used ot nuke the Vamps back to humans. I'll have to dig through my issues to see if he used them against anything else I know his pwoers seemed pretty effective Vs Humans. He TK'd a few people's heads off as he can bring people back from the dead he never has to hold back because if he kills them he'll just bring them back.

#6 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: How has his TK fared against opponents of similar power or skill to him? Has he ever utilized them against people in the JLD? Did he fare well against Apollo or anyone who might be in possession of shielding or defensive capabilities similar to Hal's Green Lantern ring?

#7 Edited by Strider92 (16454 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: IIRC he took out Constantine and as the powers Bennett had were basically copies of John's and Zatanna's they should be able to work fine on other things. John and Z seem to do pretty well against non-vampiric creatures . However I can't say a recall him ever fighting someone with shielding such as Hal's so I can't say he has fought anyone with shielding capabilities like him.

#8 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: Hmm interesting, so he can indeed replicate the powers of others? Did he do so by interacting with them physically or merely observing them in a manner similar to Taskmaster? Curiously enough, I don't think he would be able to replicate the powers of Hal's power ring though as they are not of his own, but come from a different power source.

#9 Posted by Strider92 (16454 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Oh he didn't replicate them. There was some weird thing that went down that caused Bennett to absorb them when he was resurrected (pretty sure it happened in issue 11) Constantine and Z still had their abilities but Bennett had their power-sets too. So no he can't copy them he just has copies of them if that makes sense lol.

#10 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: OOOOOH ok, gotcha! Clears things up a bit then :P From what you've shown and explained to me, it does seem that Bennet is incredibly diverse in his powers (thanks in part to Zatanna and Constantine) and even without that, his healing capabilities and TK already seemed powerful enough to make him an opponent for Hal to worry about.

Would you say that feats from Pre-52 would be applicable here as the GL universe was largely unchanged once the New 52 came about?

#11 Posted by Strider92 (16454 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: How about giving an opinion on both? Hal with just New 52 and with both N-52 and pre-52.

#12 Posted by Lvenger (19878 posts) - - Show Bio

This seems like it would be a really good battle. Hal hasn't had that good a showing in the New 52 what with Superman and Wonder Woman breaking through his constructs like paper and Sinestro holding him in line. Having read every Green Lantern issue so far and Hal Jordan appearance in Justice League, I think Bennett might be too versatile for Hal to deal with. Not sure what the deal is with Bennett being able to replicate the powers of objects but based on what @strider92: has provided, Bennett might be able to pull off a win here. Morals off Hal would just fry his synapses and then disintegrate him.

#13 Posted by Lvenger (19878 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh and Pre New 52 Hal would definitely take this easily.

#14 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: Well New 52 Hal is relatively low on feats and was relatively weaker as he was using a fake power ring that Sinestro created for him using his own ring. Although even regarding that, he still took out a few Sinestro Corps members with relative ease.

Basically, nothing has changed in the GL universe when the "reboot" happened hence why I asked if the Pre-52 feats were applicable, which would improve his chances here as New 52 Hal's feat are tad bit less impressive. Although, in Justice League, he took an incredibly embarrassing beating from both Diana and Kal, the latter when he was weaker still. It's worth noting he was the most resistant against Graves' mind controlling hallucinations that basically incapacitated the entire League for a short period.

#15 Posted by Saren (25674 posts) - - Show Bio

Bennett actually defeated Apollo and Midnighter simultaneously after he received his augmentation of the power of every vampire on the planet, but that was an off-panel fight.

#16 Posted by Lvenger (19878 posts) - - Show Bio

Bennett actually defeated Apollo and Midnighter simultaneously after he received his augmentation of the power of every vampire on the planet, but that was an off-panel fight.

Damn it I should have read I Vampire if I knew there were crazy awesome feats in addition to top notch writing. I do think he can take Hal in this fight. Sinestro is another story. Johns actually gives him good feats so far.

#17 Edited by TDK_1997 (14892 posts) - - Show Bio

So far New 52 Hal Jordan hasn't been that impressive but I think that he can still take down Andrew.

#18 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Damn it I should have read I Vampire if I knew there were crazy awesome feats in addition to top notch writing. I do think he can take Hal in this fight. Sinestro is another story. Johns actually gives him good feats so far.

Makes sense as any reasonable feats Hal has accomplished thus far in the New 52 have come out of his main title and for almost the entirety of it's run, Hal has had a fake, weaker ring at his disposal.

#19 Posted by Strider92 (16454 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Hopefully they'll start the series again T.T I miss it.

#20 Posted by Lvenger (19878 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Makes sense as any reasonable feats Hal has accomplished thus far in the New 52 have come out of his main title and for almost the entirety of it's run, Hal has had a fake, weaker ring at his disposal.

It'll be interesting to see what he can do with a real ring once Venditti's run starts. I imagine being the leader of the GLC will give Hal at least some good feats.

#21 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

It'll be interesting to see what he can do with a real ring once Venditti's run starts. I imagine being the leader of the GLC will give Hal at least some good feats.

Indeed! I must say though, at first I was rather skeptical whether or not the title would continue to produce entertaining stories to the degree Johns delivered with the mythos but after seeing some solicits, I'd have to say that I'm actually excited. Moving into brand new territory should be interesting to see how the Lanterns develop.

#22 Edited by Lvenger (19878 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Indeed! I must say though, at first I was rather skeptical whether or not the title would continue to produce entertaining stories to the degree Johns delivered with the mythos but after seeing some solicits, I'd have to say that I'm actually excited. Moving into brand new territory should be interesting to see how the Lanterns develop.

It's a shame I have to drop it. Venditti does seem to know what he's doing. Keeping the established Lantern Corps whilst introducing a new villain. It's a good start I must admit.

#23 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Ah budget concerns? Or are you simply picking another title?

#24 Edited by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal comes victorious after an epic fight.

#25 Posted by Lvenger (19878 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Budget concerns. Uni will force me down to 4 titles I cannot go without :(

• Superman Unchained (or Batman/Superman if Snyder disappoints me)
  • Thor: God of Thunder
  • Wonder Woman
  • Indestructible Hulk

I'll pick up some trades throughout the year too but only 4 ongoings whilst I'm at uni.

#26 Posted by Lvenger (19878 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyway back on topic Bennett still wins.