#1 Posted by BlueHope (360 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is suspect by destroy a planet with billions of citizens, the quardians send Hal, Guy and John to capture him. No BFR or godblast in both rounds, battle in space

Round 1: Morals on, the lanterns have 6 hours of prep

Round 2:no prep,morals off, everybody Bloodlusted

#2 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Lanterns

Thor

#3 Posted by Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper (597 posts) - - Show Bio

The Lanterns will win the first round.

Thor will take out the Lanterns with a bit of difficulty on the second.

#4 Posted by SteveMcQueen36 (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor both rounds!

#5 Posted by WillPayton (9726 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lanterns win both rounds.

#6 Posted by BlueHope (360 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#7 Posted by beautifulrevery (1517 posts) - - Show Bio

Lanterns take the first round and Thor takes the second as has already been mentioned.

#8 Posted by mrtrevorguy (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

Lanterns take the first round Thor takes the second

#9 Edited by WillPayton (9726 posts) - - Show Bio

You people are crazy if you think Thor can take out 3 bloodlusted top Green Lanterns.

#10 Posted by matmatxm8 (587 posts) - - Show Bio

#11 Posted by Simon_the_digger (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

#12 Posted by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

GL wins both rounds.

#13 Posted by TheVoiceOfReason (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Lanterns take both rounds.

#14 Posted by Bo88gdan (4522 posts) - - Show Bio

@SteveMcQueen36 said:

Thor both rounds!

#15 Posted by XiiX (9157 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

#16 Posted by Pyrogram (41246 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor loses 1 wins 2

#17 Posted by MzombieX (975 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1. With some prep & teamwork, 3 top Lantern Corps members may be able to pull off a win ... with morals on.

Round 2. A bloodlusted Thor is an entirely different animal. The Green Lanterns cannot prepare themselves to match the rage of the Thunder God - with his kid gloves off.

This is the kind of Thor that has KO'd BRB by hammering him through a planet, defeated a bloodlusted Silver Surfer, taken out SS & Adam Warlock (with soul gem) at the same time, taken out a bloodlusted Drax (with power gem) { same Drax that casually took out Champion of the Universe (amped by Nega-Bands) with little effort }, Moondragon and the rest of the Infinity Watch, etc. Essentially - multiple opponents of High Herald level. So I see no reason why he wouldn't be capable of taking out 3 Lantern Corps members.

#18 Posted by OhItsThatGuy (791 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Lanterns 9/10

Thor with morals is probably one of the biggest jobbers ever. The second he recognizes them as being from Midgard, he will pretty much try to go waaaaaaaay easy on them, which is a bad idea, considering each one of the lanterns here could own Superman with moderate effort.

Round 2: Lanterns 6.5/10

Thor, without morals, is somewhat hax. He can destroy a planet with a single swing, and is more durable than one too. His strength and energy attacks should be able to destroy their defenses, and his hammer should be able to absorb their energies. The only reason I don't give him the win is because Warrior's Madness isn't guaranteed to usher in and there are three lanterns here. While he is mauling one, the others could work on putting him down.

#19 Posted by lilben42 (2594 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins both rounds

#20 Posted by thanosii (1334 posts) - - Show Bio

why limit thors powers and then give multiple superman level opponents. In round two thor should be allowed to use godblast or a antimatter blast either which should quickly finish the lanterns

#21 Posted by baron2011 (1154 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sethlol said:

GL wins both rounds.

#22 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

@MzombieX said:

Round 1. With some prep & teamwork, 3 top Lantern Corps members may be able to pull off a win ... with morals on.

Round 2. A bloodlusted Thor is an entirely different animal. The Green Lanterns cannot prepare themselves to match the rage of the Thunder God - with his kid gloves off.

This is the kind of Thor that has KO'd BRB by hammering him through a planet, defeated a bloodlusted Silver Surfer, taken out SS & Adam Warlock (with soul gem) at the same time, taken out a bloodlusted Drax (with power gem) { same Drax that casually took out Champion of the Universe (amped by Nega-Bands) with little effort }, Moondragon and the rest of the Infinity Watch, etc. Essentially - multiple opponents of High Herald level. So I see no reason why he wouldn't be capable of taking out 3 Lantern Corps members.

this

#23 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1 - Lanterns thanks to prep and prep only. 
Round 2 - Thor easily. It won't be a fair fight. Mjolnir will crush them at speed FTL. They won't even have a chance to move, since Thor controls Mjolnir mentally and he doesn't have to throw it by his hands. It won't be a fight.

#24 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#25 Posted by ABC_123_ABC (60 posts) - - Show Bio

First Round: Lanterns smoke Thor.

Second round: Thor wins with a little bit of difficulty.

#26 Posted by crabtree (1625 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Gl

2. Thor

#27 Posted by thefusescape (190 posts) - - Show Bio

The lanterns have nothing on Thor... He is a god. His hammer can break anything they throw at him.

#28 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22794 posts) - - Show Bio

@XiiX said:

@WillPayton said:

@TheVoiceOfReason

said:

@Sethlol

said:

GL wins both rounds.

@WillPayton

said:

lanterns take this

#29 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@AllStarSuperman, @WillPayton, @XiiX, @TheVoiceOfReason, @Sethlol said:

lanterns take this

To all: 
NO. 
In first round GL will win thanks to prep and prep only. They will attack Thor from suprise. With knowledge how powerfull Thor is, they will try to separate Thor from Mjolnir and they won't give Thor a chance to break the construct, thanks to massive attacks.
In secodn round, they won't have prep nor knowledge. And Mjolnir is faster than any of them and don't has to be thrown. Their constructs will be easily destroyed and when Thor will throw Mjolnir he will also summon magical thunders, control air in their lungs, etc. + summo God blast (like he did against Durok without Mjolnir). 
All of this at once in first microsecond of fight. It won't be a battle - it will be a fast murder.
#30 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2796 posts) - - Show Bio

GL first round,,NARROWLY,,round 2 Thor wins handily

#31 Posted by dondave (38818 posts) - - Show Bio

GL both rounds

#32 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@dondave said:

GL both rounds

Reasons?
#33 Posted by BlueHope (360 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: Thor can't use godblast or BFR , I posted that in the thread

#34 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5238 posts) - - Show Bio

GL's rd 1 an rd 2 Thor.

#35 Posted by darkelf35 (518 posts) - - Show Bio

GL team in a stomp

#36 Posted by logy5000 (6088 posts) - - Show Bio

#37 Posted by spawn_123 (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

GL both rounds.

#38 Posted by Ddecourt (803 posts) - - Show Bio

@MzombieX said:

#39 Posted by OutFoxxed (32 posts) - - Show Bio

@Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper said:

The Lanterns will win the first round.

Thor will take out the Lanterns with a bit of difficulty on the second.

#40 Posted by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

lanterns take this

To all: NO. In first round GL will win thanks to prep and prep only. They will attack Thor from suprise. With knowledge how powerfull Thor is, they will try to separate Thor from Mjolnir and they won't give Thor a chance to break the construct, thanks to massive attacks. In secodn round, they won't have prep nor knowledge. And Mjolnir is faster than any of them and don't has to be thrown. Their constructs will be easily destroyed and when Thor will throw Mjolnir he will also summon magical thunders, control air in their lungs, etc. + summo God blast (like he did against Durok without Mjolnir). All of this at once in first microsecond of fight. It won't be a battle - it will be a fast murder.

Considering Hal Jordan by himself already gives Thor a hard ass fight. Adding the other two makes it a clear win both rounds.

#41 Edited by WillPayton (9726 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sethlol said:

Considering Hal Jordan by himself already gives Thor a hard ass fight. Adding the other two makes it a clear win both rounds.

Exactly. Thor can defeat Hal (and I'm a huge Hal fan), but throw in John and Thor goes down. Add in one more and Thor has little chance. Thor holds back a lot normally, but so do GLs.

John puts the hurt on Superman
Hal blows a hole in Amazo
Hal kills Krona
Hal takes out Mongul
#42 Posted by asIsuspected (543 posts) - - Show Bio

1. GLs

2. most likely Thor

#43 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@WillPayton
And it doesn't change anything. Thor can drain and absorb energy. Out of character he will just drain them. And shoot thunders to put them down. Or speedblitz them with Mjolnir. 
Doesn't change the outcome.

@darkelf35
@logy5000
@spawn_123
Yes, this are great reasons. Lol. Tell me, how are Lanterns going to take Mjolnir? Or hundreds of magicaly boosted thunders that can put on their knees people like Surfer, Hulk and Rulk? 

@Sethlol said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

lanterns take this

To all: NO. In first round GL will win thanks to prep and prep only. They will attack Thor from suprise. With knowledge how powerfull Thor is, they will try to separate Thor from Mjolnir and they won't give Thor a chance to break the construct, thanks to massive attacks. In secodn round, they won't have prep nor knowledge. And Mjolnir is faster than any of them and don't has to be thrown. Their constructs will be easily destroyed and when Thor will throw Mjolnir he will also summon magical thunders, control air in their lungs, etc. + summo God blast (like he did against Durok without Mjolnir). All of this at once in first microsecond of fight. It won't be a battle - it will be a fast murder.

No, he doesn't. Thor in normal battle will defeat Hal. And without morals Thor is on whole different level. Normally Thor has problems with Hulk. But when he really doesn't have time, he can put him and Rulk down with his thunders, fight with Glory speedblitz Galactus (to hurt him) or release enough energy to give pause Warlock and Surfer in the same moment.
#44 Posted by uberhikari (2474 posts) - - Show Bio

First, this smells of a spite thread. Why would OP make the fight 3 GL's vs Thor and then handicap Thor? No Godblast? 6 hours of prep for the GL's? If you need to make a 3 vs 1 fight, then take away a character's strongest attacks, then give the team 6 hours of prep just to make the fight debatable, maybe you shouldn't set up the match.

Second, I think people here are underestimating a bloodlusted Thor to a considerable degree. GL's, even bloodlusted GL's, are herald level characters. But a bloodlusted Thor smacks around herald level beings like nothing.

#45 Edited by BlueHope (360 posts) - - Show Bio

@uberhikari: For me Thor could easily defeat 1, 2 or even 3 desprepared green lanterns, with they powers they have a good potential with some prep but not for random enconters, and with a godblast almost any battle against thor is easy unless the enemy is a at least a low level skyfather but when this happens people accuse the thread of spite, I don't see nothing wrong against powerhouse vs Team battle is very normal found them in this site, Darkseid(almost ever without OB) vs Team , Doomsday vs Team , Thanos vs Team , Despero(almost ever they take off TP) vs Team

Then...sorry but I don't see nothing wrong with my thread buddy

Thx for the criticism, this is always useful to me
#46 Posted by sync1 (2984 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm for GL's both rounds.

There just isn't much Thor can do to them all at once.

#47 Posted by uberhikari (2474 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueHope said:

@uberhikari: For me Thor could easily defeat 1, 2 or even 3 desprepared green lanterns, with they powers they have a good potential with some prep but not for random enconters, and with a godblast almost any battle against thor is easy unless the enemy is a at least a low level skyfather but when this happens people accuse the thread of spite, I don't see nothing wrong against powerhouse vs Team battle is very normal found them in this site, Darkseid(almost ever without OB) vs Team , Doomsday vs Team , Thanos vs Team , Despero(almost ever they take off TP) vs Team

Then...sorry but I don't see nothing wrong with my thread buddy

I find this ironic because you're overestimating Thor in round 1 but other people are underestimating him in round 2. I don't know anybody who thinks that a morals on Thor could take out a low level skyfather with a god blast. He certainly wouldn't start out a fight that way. Thor doesn't even have the speed to take on a low level skyfather. Just curious, but who would you put at low level skyfather? I don't think even a full powered god blast could take out a low level skyfather. I would think that Thor (even with god blast) vs Hal would be a debatable thread considering some of Hal's feats. But Thor (without god blast) vs Hal, John, and Guy with 6 hrs prep is too much imo. And while you're right to say that team vs matches are common on this site, what's most important in a team vs. match is balance. I simply don't think you've created a balance match up, which is why I called the thread spite.

#48 Posted by XLR87T3 (2999 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

Thor got blitzed by freaking Wolverine! He loses both rounds.

#49 Posted by WillPayton (9726 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is not blitzing the Lanterns. I dont have the scan (maybe someone can post it), but they can set the ring to auto-fire at anyone moving above a certain speed. Also, lanterns like Hal have been shown to be able to keep up with Flash at times. Thor's combat speed has never been that impressive.

#50 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@XLR87T3 said:

@WillPayton said:

Thor got blitzed by freaking Wolverine! He loses both rounds.

No. And You're talking this like Lanterns would have much more speed feats than Thor. Plus out of character we're talking about his full potential. By pure 2 fights with PG Drax he is too much for planet level. Champion got some magic bracelets that gived him planet level again (he destroyed their planet) and Drax one-shotted him.  Later was even able to take Gem from him. And when Godess controlled him, they were fighting (and PG Drax can't actually be putted down) until Thanos, Warlock and Xavier didn't took her down. I am not sure if You know how powerfull Warlock is, but bloodlusted Thor was able to defeated Silver Surfer and Adam in the same time, showing omnidirectional blast/thunder attacks. And he KOd Surfer with this thunder. Plus Lanterns are using energy projection that is useless agaisnt Mjolnir. Thor was able to absorb energy Glory and shoot it again on him. Plus Thor controls Mjolnir by his mind, Mjolnir that can fly 3 times FTL. Lanterns can't stop Mjolnir.