Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Zaiyan
@czarny_samael said:
" Thor by drainnig and then killing powerless Kyle. "
For me that would be a bit out of character, Thor in the modern era can be a bit of a brute and doesn't show intelligence very often. I would still give him a win but only by a slim majority
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Chaos Prime

Kyle ftw imo.. Has shown in the past many feats that could cause Thor no ends of problems..
& as already mentioned his constructs are top notch not even Ultraman could break em when he stuck him in his Construct prison..

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#53  Edited By Zoom
@rayn1984 said:
" @SlimJ87D said:

" @rayn1984 said:

" I thought Green Lantern's limit is his will? Yet most people here believe Thor will just smashed Green Lantern easily/ "
There is actually a power cap. John Stewart was upset after Sinestro corps war when he was by himself in an asteroid field and he used his ring to create a bunch of random ray like constructs. His ring then said "power out maxed out" or something like that. So Green Lanterns can't deposit a certain amount of energy into their rings. This amount is also unknown, I would assume that it is very very high.
"
@Zoom said:

" The limit doesn't apply to Kyle's ring. "

CONFUSING "
Kyle's ring is special.

It was never weak against yellow, it didn't need to be recharged every 24 hours and it didn't have the power limit.
Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Susanoo

Thor wins. His hammer can shut down technology and/or absorb limitless energies.
karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By karrob
@supermandefender said:
" Thor>Kyle Mjolnir>Power Ring hammer>ring    I agree with this.   Thor is stronger without the hammer.  Thors Hammer is stronger than the Power ring.   Thor is going to win this one. Hal has a much better chance than Kyle. Kyle is still young and has less experience. Hal might be able to out think Thor. MIGHT! Id still give it to Thor in the end tho. "
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By slimj87d
@rayn1984 said:
" @SlimJ87D said:

" @rayn1984 said:

" I thought Green Lantern's limit is his will? Yet most people here believe Thor will just smashed Green Lantern easily/ "
There is actually a power cap. John Stewart was upset after Sinestro corps war when he was by himself in an asteroid field and he used his ring to create a bunch of random ray like constructs. His ring then said "power out maxed out" or something like that. So Green Lanterns can't deposit a certain amount of energy into their rings. This amount is also unknown, I would assume that it is very very high.
"
@Zoom said:

CONFUSING "
@Zoom said:
" @rayn1984 said:
" @SlimJ87D said:

" @rayn1984 said:

"
@Zoom said:

CONFUSING "
Kyle's ring is special.

It was never weak against yellow, it didn't need to be recharged every 24 hours and it didn't have the power limit.
"

I think all the rings are equal now. John Stewart showed this cap after Sinestro corps war where their rings are no longer weak against yellow.

Also, recently Ganthet outputted so much power that the ring exploded and took his hand with it. 
GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By GhostRider29

Going to have to say Thor
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Zoom
@SlimJ87D said:
"I think all the rings are equal now."
Evidence?
rayn1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By rayn1984
@Zoom said:
" @SlimJ87D said:
Evidence? "
I want to check his reference too.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By slimj87d
@Zoom said:

" @SlimJ87D said:

Evidence? "
@rayn1984 said:

" @Zoom said:

" @SlimJ87D said:

Evidence? "
I want to check his reference too. "
What let me rebuttal and ask for evidence that shows Kyle's ring being different from all the other lanterns ever since he rebuilt the corps. 
There is evidence that he altered his ring after Hal went rogue, but there is no evidence of it being any different after he restored the corps is there? Why would he restore the corps and why wouldn't the new and revived current Guardians use his ring as a template? Why would they, the current guardians, let the rings keep the flaws that it originally had? Once again, I wouldn't mind seeing this evidence you speak of.

Zoom, you used an example of Kyle not having to recharge his ring every 24 hours, but from what I have seen, no green lantern has had to forcibly recharge their ring in a 24 hour frame. 
jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By jayskee

thor
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Zoom
@SlimJ87D said:
" @Zoom said:

" @SlimJ87D said:

Evidence? "
@rayn1984 said:

" @Zoom said:

" @SlimJ87D said:

Evidence? "
I want to check his reference too. "
What let me rebuttal and ask for evidence that shows Kyle's ring being different from all the other lanterns ever since he rebuilt the corps. 
There is evidence that he altered his ring after Hal went rogue, but there is no evidence of it being any different after he restored the corps is there? Why would he restore the corps and why wouldn't the new and revived current Guardians use his ring as a template? Why would they, the current guardians, let the rings keep the flaws that it originally had? Once again, I wouldn't mind seeing this evidence you speak of.

Zoom, you used an example of Kyle not having to recharge his ring every 24 hours, but from what I have seen, no green lantern has had to forcibly recharge their ring in a 24 hour frame. 
"
Uh...because it's the same ring he's always had?  The same ring that isn't exactly like all the others?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63  Edited By Static Shock
@SlimJ87D said:
"no green lantern has had to forcibly recharge their ring in a 24 hour frame. 
"
Hal Jordan had to recharge his ring after he regained consciousness (when Captain Atom defeated him). The ring had already used up its 24-hour charge soon after the fight.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By slimj87d
@Static Shock said:
" @SlimJ87D said:
"no green lantern has had to forcibly recharge their ring in a 24 hour frame. 
"
Hal Jordan had to recharge his ring after he regained consciousness (when Captain Atom defeated him). The ring had already used up its 24-hour charge soon after the fight. "
I remember the lanterns having to go rescue another lantern who was stuck on a planet for a few days. When they got there, he said he wasn't using his ring that much to conserve his energy. But I'm not sure. Do you recall this?

@Zoom: 
Yeah, but is there any evidence that it is different from the new rings? And what evidence is there that he doesn't have a power output cap? We've only recently seen this power output cap on New Earth with john Stewart and Ganthet. I'm not calling you a liar, so please don't get upset. I just want to know why I am wrong with some evidence. 
Zaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Zaiyan
@texasdeathmatch said:

" Are Thor fans ever capable of offering explanations? I'm starting to suspect the only buttons that work on their keyboards are T, H, O, R, W, I, N, and S. "

No, they don't. I see Kyle wining but Thor fans might also be right. but I'll try and defend them
Thor could win some, can be as fast as Kyle even faster BUT Thor rarely uses speed....he can beat Kyle in speed but its out of character. Thor is tougher than Kyle, if he gets past the ring Kyle is just a man, if Kyle can get past the hammer Thor is still a brick. He can soak lasers, magic blasts and without the hammer is still tough enough to brawl with Hulk. The hammer might be a better weapon than the ring, the ring is great and is powered by will and can create an contructed imagined, but Thor's hammer doesn't depend on will, its more of a magic gun to trigger hurricanes, bolts, thermo blasts etc and it is not easily manipulated. Nothing lower than Skyfather should be able to manipulate the hammer, while in recent times writers have made the ring far more easy to drain
Thor if he chooses to ring drain should win but that would mean that Thor is using his intelligence during battle instead of brute force and Thor using intelligence would be a bit out of character for me. Especially the way Thor has been wrote recently
For me Kyle takes the majority cos he is getting stronger and might deserve a sopt as a top A-lister. Thor has been downgraded by Marvel, they don't want him taking out top villains. Thor's name no longer carriers like it did in comics, its thanks to movies and cartoon series his name still means something and no thanks to his poor showing in comics.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Static Shock
@SlimJ87D said:

I remember the lanterns having to go rescue another lantern who was stuck on a planet for a few days. When they got there, he said he wasn't using his ring that much to conserve his energy. But I'm not sure. Do you recall this?
"
I don't recall that instance. What book was it in?
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By slimj87d
@Static Shock said:
" @SlimJ87D said:

"
I don't recall that instance. What book was it in? "
It was kind of recent in the Green Lantern Corps series. I don't remember who they had to rescue, or when they got there that Lantern's ring had actually ran out of energy. How many days was Arisia stuck on Daxam for after Sodam got stuck in the sun? I don't think she had her Lantern on her did she?

I'm reading different sources from fan websites right now that suggest the rings don't need to be charged every 24 hours anymore. But I have yet to find scans or real evidence. I'll have to look more into it after I get off of work. 

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Static Shock
@SlimJ87D: Hmmm... Sounds like Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors, I think. I'm behind on that book, however. At one point, the rings held a 24-hour charge. They don't have that benefit anymore, though. Unfortunately, I'm unable to tell you which book I read that in.
lantian1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By lantian1

I don't think the rings use the 24hr charge system as when they are with a Blue lantern the rings charge increases by a percentages I think the ring jumps to 200%

The feet where Ganthet destroyed his hand was when the rings were corrupted and he was trying to rip the rings off John Stewart and Kyle Rayner

The central battery is said to collect will power from every living being in the universe, raw emotional will power converted into energy.

The actual energy within the ring is then amplified by the wielders own will a million times

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By slimj87d
@lantian1 said:
" I don't think the rings use the 24hr charge system as when they are with a Blue lantern the rings charge increases by a percentages I think the ring jumps to 200%The feet where Ganthet destroyed his hand was when the rings were corrupted and he was trying to rip the rings off John Stewart and Kyle RaynerThe central battery is said to collect will power from every living being in the universe, raw emotional will power converted into energy.The actual energy within the ring is then amplified by the wielders own will a million times "
I have the scan of Ganthet with his hand blown up at home. i'll post it up later, btu he said he excerted the amount of energy output the ring can handle. john Stewart doing the feat had him capped, so maybe Ganthet override it since he is a guardian afterall. 
demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By demifiend

any top lantern can deal with thor.

specially kyle
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#72  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

sorry to bump but kyle got this his only chance is draining.

kyle destroys oa page 1
kyle destroys oa page 1

kyle destroys oa page 2
 kyle destroys oa page 2

kyle destroys oa page 3
 kyle destroys oa page 3

kyle destoys oa page 4
 kyle destoys oa page 4

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

kyle holds super nova.
 kyle holds super nova.

kyle holds big bang energy.
 kyle holds big bang energy.

No Caption Provided

kyle can bfr ring lock thor.
 kyle can bfr ring lock thor.

taking solar system buster
 taking solar system buster

No Caption Provided

taking four lanterns hit
 taking four lanterns hit

lifting galaxy worth of food
 lifting galaxy worth of food
AtraCruor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By AtraCruor

While I love Kyle, my fav lantern and second fave DC character I have but two words to say in this fight... Anti-Force.  And all of those energy holding feats can easily be done with the force fields he can create using Mjolnir and if Kyle tries to trap him, Thor can teleport out using his hammer as well.

Avatar image for themightyavenger
TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By TheMightyAvenger
@dccomicsrule2011: Kyle didn't hold the supernova on his own he had help from Kal Kent, impressive either way, he did contain the energy but it wasn't the energy of the whole Big Bang just a part of it, and as far as BFR goes Thor can do it to. 
Avatar image for themightyavenger
TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By TheMightyAvenger

As for the fight i will side with Thor.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Pharoh_Atem
@TheMightyAvenger said:
@dccomicsrule2011: Kyle didn't hold the supernova on his own he had help from Kal Kent, impressive either way, he did contain the energy but it wasn't the energy of the whole Big Bang just a part of it, and as far as BFR goes Thor can do it to. 
Kyle did not hold it but kyle was a rookie then kyle has is stronger now. He contain some energy from the big bang the only way i see thor winning is draining which if Anti-Monitor could not do it thor can not either. Kyle can easily bust a planet he bust two in his time i have to fine the other scan kyle got this.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By progenitorigin

Thor, but I think that Kyle could put up a good fight.
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Pharoh_Atem
@progenitor said:
why do you say Thor?
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By progenitorigin
@dccomicsrule2011 said:
@progenitor said:
why do you say Thor?

Well, for one, I think that Thor is more experienced in combat than Kyle is, and I think that he's a bit more physically durable than Kyle, unless Kyle makes a construct.  One thing Kyle has going for him, is that I think he's one of the most imaginative Lanterns that's been around, that's always impressed me, but as stated beforehand here, Thor could always attempt to absorb the power, Thor's shown incredible speed while using the hammer, being able to summon the weather to his advantage, using lightning that even harmed the Chaos King.  I think that it would be a great fight, but I just see Thor taking a slight majority.  Depending on the situation, it could go both ways, IMO.
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Pharoh_Atem
@progenitor said:
@dccomicsrule2011 said:
@progenitor said:
why do you say Thor?
Well, for one, I think that Thor is more experienced in combat than Kyle is, and I think that he's a bit more physically durable than Kyle, unless Kyle makes a construct.  One thing Kyle has going for him, is that I think he's one of the most imaginative Lanterns that's been around, that's always impressed me, but as stated beforehand here, Thor could always attempt to absorb the power, Thor's shown incredible speed while using the hammer, being able to summon the weather to his advantage, using lightning that even harmed the Chaos King.  I think that it would be a great fight, but I just see Thor taking a slight majority.  Depending on the situation, it could go both ways, IMO.
i Say kyle 9/10 Reasons kyle has better durability when he makes constructs he has taken solar system busters,planet busters supernovas and black holes not to mention he can easily bust a planet and a less powerful gl hurt Anti-monitor. He has nanosecond reaction and is faster then Thor with constructs. Thor could try to drain but imo it will not work Captain Atom could not do it Anti-Moniter could not do it i do not see thor doing it either and the GL rings are plasma not energy. i See kyle winning 9/10.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By progenitorigin
@dccomicsrule2011 said:
@progenitor said:
@dccomicsrule2011 said:
@progenitor said:
why do you say Thor?
i Say kyle 9/10 Reasons kyle has better durability when he makes constructs he has taken solar system busters,planet busters supernovas and black holes not to mention he can easily bust a planet and a less powerful gl hurt Anti-monitor. He has nanosecond reaction and is faster then Thor with constructs. Thor could try to drain but imo it will not work Captain Atom could not do it Anti-Moniter could not do it i do not see thor doing it either and the GL rings are plasma not energy. i See kyle winning 9/10.

Good points--also, great scans.  I think that Kyle would have to be fully on the defensive to defeat Thor, because I think that Thor has the power to deal heavy damage to Kyle's constructs.  If the Ring's output is plasma, that kind of debunks the whole Thor absorption theory, but Thor still has a lot of experience in combat, moreso than Kyle does, and I think that would prove to be an advantage.  I could see it being 6/10 Kyle, but I think 9/10 is almost just a stomp.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#82  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@progenitor:

using lightning that even harmed the Chaos King

Sorry to kind of call you out on this but I think lightning hurting Mikaboshi at the point he was in strength was kind of PIS. Unless it's amped Thor I don't think he should  be able to do something like that.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By progenitorigin
@god_spawn said:
@progenitor:

using lightning that even harmed the Chaos King

Sorry to kind of call you out on this but I think lightning hurting Mikaboshi at the point he was in strength was kind of PIS. Unless it's amped Thor I don't think he should  be able to do something like that.

No problem.  I was kind of rethinking it due to reading the series again just recently, Thor struck Supergod Herc with a lightning bolt and it didn't even effect Herc, so that feat is debunked unless, like you said, amped Thor.
jaywray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By jaywray

Thor has had conversations at the centre of a sun, 350 billion times higher pressure than the centre of the earth. I don't see gl producing anything that can beat that, i also couldn't see him even slowing the hammer hurling towards him at 3x lightspeed. I am a fan of Kyle but most of his feats seem to to be containment, and I just dont see him holding Thor for long, and even at that, thor can still use the lightening from outside his containment.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Not really a stomp thor will give a good fight every time he can hurt beings like chaos king and sky fathers. I see kyle 9/10 but Thor will put up a decent fight every time.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By progenitorigin
@dccomicsrule2011 said:
Not really a stomp thor will give a good fight every time he can hurt beings like chaos king and sky fathers. I see kyle 9/10 but Thor will put up a decent fight every time.
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Agreed.
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Pharoh_Atem
@jaywray said:
Thor has had conversations at the centre of a sun, 350 billion times higher pressure than the centre of the earth. I don't see gl producing anything that can beat that, i also couldn't see him even slowing the hammer hurling towards him at 3x lightspeed. I am a fan of Kyle but most of his feats seem to to be containment, and I just dont see him holding Thor for long, and even at that, thor can still use the lightening from outside his containment.
Kyle has taken black holes before a black hole gravity pull is way better then the sun pull.kyle reacted to a ship moving 7x faster then light kyle has beating beings like major force and mongul and held supernovas and the big bang energy.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By difficlus
@dccomicsrule2011 said:
@jaywray said:
Kyle has taken black holes before a black hole gravity pull is way better then the sun pull.kyle reacted to a ship moving 7x faster then light kyle has beating beings like major force and mongul and held supernovas and the big bang energy.
but Kyle has no autoshields. a quick attack form thor will KO him. 
jaywray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By jaywray
@dccomicsrule2011:  
I just did a search for some images of it but I cant seem to find any since all the images are clogged up with the GL movie images ... 
Im not quite sure if we're describing the same thing, would you happen to have scans? 
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Pharoh_Atem
@difficlus said:
@dccomicsrule2011 said:
@jaywray said:
kyle reacted to a ship moving 7xlight he wilol have no trouble getting shields up.
@jaywray said:
@dccomicsrule2011:  I just did a search for some images of it but I cant seem to find any since all the images are clogged up with the GL movie images ... Im not quite sure if we're describing the same thing, would you happen to have scans? 

what scans are you talking about? The Big Bang or the Supernova?
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#92  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Glory was shown to be weaker than Mikaboshi, significantly at that. His feats with Glory can be backed up, he's stunned beings like Ego, and hurt a low Galactus,  broke Exitar's dome, hurt Celestials etc. As for redirecting Glory's energy attack, Thor did absorb and redirect the null bomb. His feats are shown that he can hurt high powered beings but none of them were on Mikaboshi's level at the time of the lightning bolt, I still call it PIS.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By difficlus
@jaywray said:
@dccomicsrule2011:  I just did a search for some images of it but I cant seem to find any since all the images are clogged up with the GL movie images ... Im not quite sure if we're describing the same thing, would you happen to have scans? 
just go to a respect thread. 
spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By spiderbuck1

Thor.

Vouile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Vouile

Thor

In a solid lead.

Vouile

Strike3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Mjolnir has easily absorbed all kinds of cosmic & mystical energies, it would absorb Ring energy too.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GL rings absorb every too.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By DemonKnights

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@jaywray said:

"A quick attack from thor." Ahahhhahaha

Good one.

I love comicvine. So many comedians.

Strike3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Strike3

@shadowhuntr said:

@czarny_samael said:

" @HolySerpent said:
" @czarny_samael: i dont agree it would be that easy, but thor could beat him "
I don't see other way, since BFR is pretty much banned. Both are fast and strong. Thor won't be able to use God BLast, and from other blasts only Anti-Matter/Anti-Energy could be effective on Kyle. In theory Thor can manipulate souls, but... I am not sure an he use it in battle. On the other hand drainning is perfect one to defeat someone with limitted energy source. A specially that this energy will boost Thor. "

Are you stupid enought to think that Thor could drain the willpower out of the ring of GL? lol?

This sounds dumb. The energy in the ring is cosmic energy that responds to willpower. Remember, Starheart energy is the magic, Kyle's is the cosmic.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kyle