Avatar image for greenlantern555
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By GreenLantern555
@Sexy Merc: Hey, I feel you brada. And that my friend is the way comics, yet incredible, can really be aggravating. Kyle's potential is way above what the writers showed him as. They basically talked him up but pulled him back at the same time. If only the readers could control what they read more or less. IMO he would be a top tier DC character that no one would wan to screw with. Then again people would hate him like they do SuperBoy Prime. :-P
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@Sexy Merc said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" @King Saturn said:
" who is to say the Guardians are immune to Planet Buster attacks though... fighting and harming Superman Prime and Anti Monitor are offensive attacks... that doesnt measure their durability though... and didnt the Anti Monitor of SCW harm a Guardian with an attack that was less than a Planet Buster blast before anyways... I recall it during that final battle in SCW when the Guardians were attacking him... so its not totally out of the Question that a Massive Planet Buster attack could have killed the Guardians and Oa... also since you say that they were just outside of Oa in space then its even more likely to see the attack as simply a Big Planet Buster...  

even if ION was holding back.. what is there to say that he is more powerful than the Surfer still...Silver Surfer held back a lot in his day... and accomplished incredible things then... even this ION overloading Nero doesnt seem all that out of reach for the Surfer since he is a Quality Energy / Matter Manipulator... and the Guardians claiming that he is near his Original ION incarnation power in this form doesnt hold much merit to me... especially since there arent many things to back that up...  "
Only one Guardian got a minor burn from the Anti-Monitor. She wasn't killed. What about the displays or durability during Nekron's first run while he was with Krona? They were ripping apart space and the Guardians' force fields were durable enough to black their blasts while they were tearing through fabrics of space. Nekron amped Krona during the Krona war to levels exceeding the Guardians and Guardians are already well above planet busters, and they were still durable enough to create shields/force fields for the Corps during the war. They are durable enough to withstand planet busters.   
  He didn't have much feats due to his limited time. Surfer held back sure, but he had like 40 years to show us everything. The overloading feat doesn't have anything to do with manipulation. He simply released a very small fraction of his power and Nero was incapacitated. Could Surfer do the same things? More than likely. Based on feats, Hand of God showed more impressive feats. Ganthet would be a better judge of power considering the cosmics he's analyzed and face before and he was the only Guardian that knew of most of Kyle's actions during Hand of God. Holding back more than a pacifist Surfer and not enough feats is the only thing hurting Kyle, but I'm not trying to convince anyone. In m opinion, he would beat Surfer. "
1. Yes... but she was hurt by an attack from a lackluster Anti Monitor that was Not a Planet Buster... thats whats key here...  
2. what the Guardians did during the Nekron run was more a display of Great Energy Manipulation than it was durability... their Force Fields held up against Massive Energy Attacks... but that doesnt give us an indication of how durable they are... just their force fields... so even though they could block massive attacks from Krona with Force Fields... based on what happened during the Sinestro Corps War their physical bodies can be harmed by Energy Blasts less than what their shields can hold up against... but then even if we assumed that the blast from Nero is beyond a Planet Buster... how much stronger ??? and is it feasible to really believe that Nero could generate an attack that really could have wiped out all of the Guardians and Oa together ? he is that powerful ?  
 3. The Overloading Feat has nothing to do with Energy Manipulation ??? How is that... even if he simply Projected a Weak Attack at Nero... thats still a part of Energy Manipulation... since Energy Projection falls under Energy Manipulation in general... and I thought Hand of God was the Original ION... not this version of ION... now if Original ION is what you were aiming to use here... then uh...  "
1) SCW Anti-Monitor may have not been it's old self but it's still much stronger than Surfer and the attacks he dishes out are much more powerful. Surfer can bust a planet but not all of his blasts are at this level.2) The key here is that Nekron amped up Krona to levels exceeding the Guardians and planet busting is elementary for Guardians. With Krona's already decent stats, The Guardians were still creating shields/force fields against his attacks. Their physical bodies can be harmed but so can Green Lanterns. They have auto-shields that are quick enough to black attacks from beings on Krona's level after bring amped. Nero was a human bombs set to blow up the Guardians and Oa once he made contact with them, it wasn't entirely reliant on his own powers. 3) He did use energy and I guess you can call it manipulation. I think there's a better word to describe what he did though. Energy something but not manipulation or projection, but it's the same category. Hand of God was the first ION, I never said he was this version. You said that his levels weren't the same as back then and I was just comparing their feats. If I was  using him it would be spite as he'd solo everyone in this match instantly. "
1. I agree that the Anti Monitor is more powerful than the Silver Surfer... thats easily obvious... but the attacks dished out by the Anti Monitor during that SCW run werent really Planet Busting attacks... at least not for the most part... and since the Surfer can generate Planet Busting attacks... I would say the Surfer giving a Large Cosmic Planet Busting attack could equal the effects of a moderate attack coming from the SCW Anti Monitor... since the scale/force of the blast is big enough to say so... 

2. okay... and in all this... it still remains unclear how durable the Guardians are themselves... they can Create Powerful Shields and Force Fields to withstand Massive Attacks but get hurt by Sub Par Attacks...  

3. Even if Nero was a Human Bomb... how do we know he was much more than just as Big Planet Busting Attack at that point... high end feats of Elite Green Lanterns show us that during the Silver Age dudes like Hal Jordan could level a Planet... but there hasnt been much of feats like this shown in more recent years... outside of the Amped GL type characters ( Parallax, ION... etc ) of course... but regular Ring Bearers dont really generate attacks outside of Planet Busting level...  

4. Energy Manipulation includes all those abilities though... Energy Projection... Energy Conversion... Energy Siphoning all align within this concept... its just some people have more versatility and power with their Energy Manipulation than others... also I thought you said something earlier about Ganthet saying that this version of ION had powers similar to his Original ION form... if that be the case then this is a spite thread... 
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By difficlus

nice debate going on.lol. i may actually change my mind to stalemate since this is the second version of ION. my bad...

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By sexy_merc
@King Saturn said:
" 1. I agree that the Anti Monitor is more powerful than the Silver Surfer... thats easily obvious... but the attacks dished out by the Anti Monitor during that SCW run werent really Planet Busting attacks... at least not for the most part... and since the Surfer can generate Planet Busting attacks... I would say the Surfer giving a Large Cosmic Planet Busting attack could equal the effects of a moderate attack coming from the SCW Anti Monitor... since the scale/force of the blast is big enough to say so... 

2. okay... and in all this... it still remains unclear how durable the Guardians are themselves... they can Create Powerful Shields and Force Fields to withstand Massive Attacks but get hurt by Sub Par Attacks...  

3. Even if Nero was a Human Bomb... how do we know he was much more than just as Big Planet Busting Attack at that point... high end feats of Elite Green Lanterns show us that during the Silver Age dudes like Hal Jordan could level a Planet... but there hasnt been much of feats like this shown in more recent years... outside of the Amped GL type characters ( Parallax, ION... etc ) of course... but regular Ring Bearers dont really generate attacks outside of Planet Busting level...  

4. Energy Manipulation includes all those abilities though... Energy Projection... Energy Conversion... Energy Siphoning all align within this concept... its just some people have more versatility and power with their Energy Manipulation than others... also I thought you said something earlier about Ganthet saying that this version of ION had powers similar to his Original ION form... if that be the case then this is a spite thread...  "
1) Well Kyle has dodged and reacted to FTL attacks and blitzes as a regular Green Lantern, so he should have the same reflexes, if not higher as ION. Surfer might not even be able to hit him with an attack of that magnitude. He won't be firing continuous planet busters either.
2) Nekron amped Krona to levels exceeding the powers of Guardians though and they can crack planets in half with their mind. In an all out war, Krona was fighting them and they put up shields to block his attacks. The getting hurt by sub par attacks can be used for nearly every character, Surfer included. The Anti-Monitor attack only phased the actual Guardian and not when she had a shield or force field up.
3) Kyle blew up Oa in his run and John stated in a JLA issue to Superman that his ring had enough power to slice a planet in half.
4) I guess I just misunderstood energy manipulation then. The reason I brought up the Ganthet feat was because I wanted to hear the debates from other people and see if we had similar mindsets. I had no intent of making a spite thread.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@Sexy Merc said:
" @King Saturn said:
" 1. I agree that the Anti Monitor is more powerful than the Silver Surfer... thats easily obvious... but the attacks dished out by the Anti Monitor during that SCW run werent really Planet Busting attacks... at least not for the most part... and since the Surfer can generate Planet Busting attacks... I would say the Surfer giving a Large Cosmic Planet Busting attack could equal the effects of a moderate attack coming from the SCW Anti Monitor... since the scale/force of the blast is big enough to say so... 

4. Energy Manipulation includes all those abilities though... Energy Projection... Energy Conversion... Energy Siphoning all align within this concept... its just some people have more versatility and power with their Energy Manipulation than others... also I thought you said something earlier about Ganthet saying that this version of ION had powers similar to his Original ION form... if that be the case then this is a spite thread...  "
1) Well Kyle has dodged and reacted to FTL attacks and blitzes as a regular Green Lantern, so he should have the same reflexes, if not higher as ION. Surfer might not even be able to hit him with an attack of that magnitude. He won't be firing continuous planet busters either. 2) Nekron amped Krona to levels exceeding the powers of Guardians though and they can crack planets in half with their mind. In an all out war, Krona was fighting them and they put up shields to block his attacks. The getting hurt by sub par attacks can be used for nearly every character, Surfer included. The Anti-Monitor attack only phased the actual Guardian and not when she had a shield or force field up. 3) Kyle blew up Oa in his run and John stated in a JLA issue to Superman that his ring had enough power to slice a planet in half. 4) I guess I just misunderstood energy manipulation then. The reason I brought up the Ganthet feat was because I wanted to hear the debates from other people and see if we had similar mindsets. I had no intent of making a spite thread. "
1. Fair Point... though I dont think the Surfer may have to use those type of attacks on the Surfer to begin with ( SS could take this fight to the Astral Plane )... " Curveball " 
2.okay... this goes back to the Guardians generating Force Fields to stop those attacks of Krona... not unless some of the Guardians took the blasts of Krona head on with No Shields... then you are cooking with some serious gas here...   
3. so essentially one other instance of Green Lantern busting a Planet... but still there is nothing to indicate a Regular Ring Bearer even of Elite Veteran status can destroy much more than a Planet... 

4. alrighty
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By sexy_merc
@King Saturn said:
" 1. Fair Point... though I dont think the Surfer may have to use those type of attacks on the Surfer to begin with ( SS could take this fight to the Astral Plane )... " Curveball " 
2.okay... this goes back to the Guardians generating Force Fields to stop those attacks of Krona... not unless some of the Guardians took the blasts of Krona head on with No Shields... then you are cooking with some serious gas here...   
3. so essentially one other instance of Green Lantern busting a Planet... but still there is nothing to indicate a Regular Ring Bearer even of Elite Veteran status can destroy much more than a Planet... 

4. alrighty "
1) Kyle as ION was never shown to be able to go into the Astral Plane so I really don't know what would happen there.
2) The point I was making is that the Guardians could have generated a force field against Nero for his attack as Krona amped by Nekron was above planet busting and their force fields could block their attacks. Planet busting when Guardians don't have a defense up is questionable as Anti-Monitor was able to burn one, so I guess that would do some damage, but they are too smart to not put one up of that magnitude. Back to the Nero thing, they could have very well generated a force field at that point. Kyle didn't even have to do anything considering the number of Guardians present, but Kyle was the one who stopped them. This could mean that it was just showcasing his power though so whatever.
3) Kyle still blew up the planet midway in his series though so technically he wasn't as experienced as he got later on and John's ring is already capable of slicing planets in half and his willpower has been measured against Hal and Guy, so why couldn't elite Green Lanterns be capable of busting planets? Kyle also constructed a Super Nova before.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@Sexy Merc said:
" @King Saturn said:
" 1. Fair Point... though I dont think the Surfer may have to use those type of attacks on the Surfer to begin with ( SS could take this fight to the Astral Plane )... " Curveball " 

4. alrighty "
1) Kyle as ION was never shown to be able to go into the Astral Plane so I really don't know what would happen there. 2) The point I was making is that the Guardians could have generated a force field against Nero for his attack as Krona amped by Nekron was above planet busting and their force fields could block their attacks. Planet busting when Guardians don't have a defense up is questionable as Anti-Monitor was able to burn one, so I guess that would do some damage, but they are too smart to not put one up of that magnitude. Back to the Nero thing, they could have very well generated a force field at that point. Kyle didn't even have to do anything considering the number of Guardians present, but Kyle was the one who stopped them. This could mean that it was just showcasing his power though so whatever. 3) Kyle still blew up the planet midway in his series though so technically he wasn't as experienced as he got later on and John's ring is already capable of slicing planets in half and his willpower has been measured against Hal and Guy, so why couldn't elite Green Lanterns be capable of busting planets? Kyle also constructed a Super Nova before. "
1. ah ha... lol 
2. alrighty... so the attack could have been a Big Planet Buster that the Guardians could have stopped but Kyle simply intervened to showcase his ability... I can live with that...  
3. well I wasnt saying Elite Green Lantern's couldnt make Planet Busting attacks... I say they cant make much more than that under normal conditions... Kyle making a Super Nova is interesting though... but I could accept that as simply a High End Feat since Kyle is one of the Top GLs anyways... its not something that normally happens though... 
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By sexy_merc
@King Saturn: Kyle has more ridiculous feats that any Green Lantern, Post-Crisis. He contained a solar system plus buster while under major pressure from it about to explode at any time and he constructed a suit to withstand the heat of the sun point blank all at the same time.

As for making more than planet busting feats, I'll have to re-look at my scans as I'm not home right now.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@Sexy Merc said:

" @King Saturn: Kyle has more ridiculous feats that any Green Lantern, Post-Crisis. He contained a solar system plus buster while under major pressure from it about to explode at any time and he constructed a suit to withstand the heat of the sun point blank all at the same time.  As for making more than planet busting feats, I'll have to re-look at my scans as I'm not home right now. "

I meant something that doesnt normally happens with Green Lanterns in general... not so much just Kyle... but I think I see what you are getting at here... 
Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

GLC in the end. 

sexy beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By sexy beast

Cosmic Avengers ftw. 

AworkofArt123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By AworkofArt123
@Sexy Merc said:
" @AworkofArt123: How is their durability at question? That might possibly be their greatest defense. Top tier Lanterns (the ones in this match) are capable of surviving planet busters from auto-guards by their rings, containing supernovas while transferring their teammates to negative radiant energy, rookie Lanterns can seal black holes, they can easily put up shields against nukes, Kyle as ION absorbed and condensed an attack from Nero that had the power to kill the Guardians and potentially destroy all of Oa. There are tons more durability feats. "
I'm just saying that throwing up a field has potential for more openings then just being able to tank a hit. For instance, I know their green light fields can protect them against damn near anything. However you have to have the reaction time in order to create that protective shield. The lanterns have shown (at least the best ones) to react at FTL speeds, so I would say that this is normally not a problem. However just like anything else, you have to take into account probability. There is still always a chance of a hit coming through. 

Now all the cosmic avengers have FTL reaction time plus the ability to tank any hit that might slip by their defense. However I did not take into account auto-guard. This is a great function of the ring, however we see green lanterns die ALOT. This goes to show that auto-guard is not perfect. Now I know we aren't just talking about any 5 green lanterns, this is the creme de la creme lineup. So I have to take that into account as well.  

I still think this is a great fight. I love both sides, and I don't think either side can curbstomp the other. I say you have really come up with a very balanced scenario and this is one of the first (if not the very first) time I have actually sat on the fence. However I seem to keep leaning slightly in the cosmic avengers direction. 
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By MKF30

GL corps for me

CharlieJade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By CharlieJade

Cosmic Avengers own it - Surfer and Ion are close, I might give Ion the edge but this is a long, hard fight.
 Ion against Bill, or Quasar Ion would take it but Quasar or Bill are a hell of a lot more durable than a Lantern

and that's the weak link, the Lanterns

Richard Rider maybe the weakest here would still give any Lantern one hell of a fight, Gladiator at peak has feats close to Wonder Woman and Supes so he can own a Lantern with speed, strength and durability.
Bill, Quasar and Silver Surfer can easily go for the energy drain option. Drain the power out of the ring and they got no more fire power 

Basically all you need happen for this to be a wipeout is to have either Bill, Quasar or Surfer start the energy drain move and with Surfer here its a sure bet he will feed of another's energy
With the Lanterns drained out juice you now got 5 on 1
Even Ion dies

If this is the ORIGINAL ION (that took Kyle as a host and was once used to keep Parallax in check) Then he solos, stomps, slaughters all
 and he doesn't needed no GL help

but the retcon/revamp Ion would have to work to beat a top tier herald

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By sexy_merc
@CharlieJade: Nice, but I have a few complaints.

@CharlieJade said:
" Quasar or Bill are a hell of a lot more durable than a Lantern"
I don't agree with this. Bill is pretty durable but what are some durability feats for Quasar?

@CharlieJade said:
" Gladiator at peak has feats close to Wonder Woman and Supes so he can own a Lantern with speed, strength and durability. "
That didn't stop John from taking out Superman and Wonder Woman along with other League members. Hal defeated Superman on 2 occasions. One in a one on one fight and the other where he took out members of the League before his confrontation with a Guardian. Kilowog also curbstomped Superman before and Guy has stalemated the Eradicator.

@CharlieJade said:
" Bill, Quasar and Silver Surfer can easily go for the energy drain option. Drain the power out of the ring and they got no more fire power."
They could try it sure, but besides a Lantern, no other energy manipulator to my recollection was successful of performing the feat. Hell, Firestorm (one of the best energy manipulators) nearly died trying it and Alan Scott failed to drain Kyle's ring during their confrontation. If Surfer or Quasar can do it, it's not going to be as easy as you say it is.

OldIdiotAccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#66  Edited By OldIdiotAccount

CA.

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By sexy_merc
@Fortanono said:
" CA. "
Explain why or don't bother posting.
Achilles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By Achilles.
@The Average Bear said:
" Green Lanterns via ION. otherwise it would be the Cosmic Avengers. "
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By sexy_merc

After re-reading Kyle's time as ION and comparing it to his already beastly resume as a Green Lantern, and considering that he has the same ring as before, he takes a solid majority over Surfer. Green Lantern Corps for the win in my opinion, thanks for everyone who contributed.

crabtree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By crabtree

cosmic avengers.

Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Assman

Nice battle. I'll take the CA.
BattleMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By BattleMage

Cosmic Avengers

sevennames27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By sevennames27

manx422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By manx422

GLs

JCJQLB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By JCJQLB
@rogue_mar1e said:
" Green Lanterns . "
@manx422 said:
" GLs "
lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GL and OP is bad

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lanterns get drained

Avengers win

Thor2090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol the GL corps stomp them

CRAZYMADMAN90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lantern corps stomp

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sexy_merc: ion wins, otherwise cosmic avengers would ghetto stomp

myround0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Lanterns have no hard upper limits to what they can do. Green Lanterns with the easy win. Five Green Lanterns would stomp Anti_monitor, and the Cosmic Avengers are nowhere near Anti-Monitor's Level of skill or destruction...In fact no one in Marvel is on Anti-Monitor's level, and do not tell me about the one Above All. You have fight guys assembled vs a Fighting Force, with limitless power backing them up.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn’t Ion like teambuster tier. Anyway putting Lanterns against Quasar is borderline pointles