#1 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2306 posts) - - Show Bio

The Guardians are convinced by Raker once more to declare all out war with the dark planet Apokolips and its Ruler. Darkseid has just finished preparing for a new offensive against New Genesis. Having gathered all his wayward forces to him for the battle, (Grayven, Kalibak, his Elite, and any of his forces currently off-world) how does he fair when Mogo trans-warps into his orbit, carrying the entirety of the GL Corps (Ion, Corpse, Alpha Lanterns, Honor Guard, all 7200, Drill Seargent Kilowog, Salaak coordinating,) ready for battle. Lethal Force enabled.
#2 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with the GL Corps.

#3 Edited by TruePwnge (2764 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal would own Apokolips by his lone some

I remember once upon a time, long, long ago during the Kirby days Darksied used to mean something. But not anymore, the guy just gets KO'ed again and again. His monsters and his Elite are far more scary than the man himself.
Batman busted in threatened to blow up Apokolips and Darksied moan like a baby, Batman also put on a pair of Warhammer gloves busted up Darkseids face, Supes these days just covers his eyes and blows Darksied over.
Wonder Woman ping ponged his Omega Effect on her bracelets, and Batman dodged the Omega Effect. Now he gets himself owned by a a flight of stairs.

#4 Posted by Magicalmoment (1516 posts) - - Show Bio
TruePwnge said:
"Hal would own Apokolips be his lone someI remember once upon a time, long, long ago during the Kirby days Darksied used to mean something. But not anymore, the guy just gets KO'ed again and again. His monsters and his Elite are far more scary than the man himself.Batman busted in threatened to blow up Apokolips and Darksied moan like a baby, Batman also put on a pair of Warhammer gloves busted up Darkseids face, Supes these days just covers his eyes and blows Darksied over. Wonder Woman ping ponged his Omega Effect on her bracelets, and Batman dodged the Omega Effect. Now he gets himself owned by a a flight of stairs."
nt sure,but i think that just hal jordan is not enough
#5 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

The Green Lanterns would win.... it's been done before, back in the Silver Age...

The Guardians and GL's invaded GL and fought Darkseid to a standstill... it was only because they came to a peace agreement that Darkseid still lives... if he had pushed The Guardians then, he's be dead... simple as that

#6 Edited by TruePwnge (2764 posts) - - Show Bio

They really screwed up the Lanterns with that weakness against anything yellow - so Darkseid cheated... bah! Modern Darksied wouldn't last five seconds against the Crop

Surely they realized giving the GL characters this achilles heel allows him to be weakened by just standing out in the sun was stupid...I guess the writers were smoking too many drugs back then

#7 Posted by Magicalmoment (1516 posts) - - Show Bio

well,the corps would win

#8 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2306 posts) - - Show Bio

That's what made me want to re-do this battle. The Corps don't have their yellow weakness anymore, and even have Lethal Force when necessary. If Darkseid's machinations forced the Guardian's to act and declare war, even with all his armies i think he'd loose. Raker would jump at the chance to face him again. I'm pretty sure Kyle, Soranik, Hal, John, Vath, Isamot, Guy, Kilowog, Stel, Green Man, and Salaak are more than a match for his elite. Sodam (if written correctly, and i'll be honest i'm putting my trust in that last Tomasi interview that we're about to see that turned around), should be able to take Kalibak and Grayven on his own. That leaves the Alpha's, Corpse, and the other's to take on Darkseid's war machine. An Parademons vs Lanterns...i'm going with the Lanterns. An with Mogo having jumped them all their he can cancel out any major advantage Apokolips planet-side weapons would have. I don't even see the Guardians needing to get involved. I just wanted to see what you guys thought.

#9 Posted by TruePwnge (2764 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 2 Lanterns will turn Apokolips into dust

#10 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
TruePwnge said:
"Round 2 Lanterns will turn Apokolips into dust"
You just hate darkseid.
#11 Posted by Triumphant (2316 posts) - - Show Bio

GLC

#12 Posted by Crimson Dominion (450 posts) - - Show Bio

The Green Lantern Corp would defeat Apokolips.

#13 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
TruePwnge said:
"They really screwed up the Lanterns with that weakness against anything yellow - so Darkseid cheated... bah! Modern Darksied wouldn't last five seconds against the CropSurely they realized giving the GL characters this achilles heel allows him to be weakened by just standing out in the sun was stupid...I guess the writers were smoking too many drugs back then"
That was modern Darkseid.

Anyway, The Corps win. Not many things can stand to the full power of the Green Lanterns.
#14 Posted by Clark_EL (2346 posts) - - Show Bio

@Emerald_General_Jai: Sorry are there parademons?

#15 Posted by dondave (33294 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern Corps ftw

#16 Posted by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

GLC wins this with hefty causalities.

#17 Posted by logy5000 (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

@TruePwnge said:

Hal would own Apokolips by his lone someI remember once upon a time, long, long ago during the Kirby days Darksied used to mean something. But not anymore, the guy just gets KO'ed again and again. His monsters and his Elite are far more scary than the man himself.Batman busted in threatened to blow up Apokolips and Darksied moan like a baby, Batman also put on a pair of Warhammer gloves busted up Darkseids face, Supes these days just covers his eyes and blows Darksied over. Wonder Woman ping ponged his Omega Effect on her bracelets, and Batman dodged the Omega Effect. Now he gets himself owned by a a flight of stairs.

Leave it to a GL fanboy to pick out every PIS loaded showing for Darkseid.