#1 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
Green Goblin

VS

Wolverine

Random Meeting in Central Park.
#2 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

I think wolverine.

#3 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm having a tough time deciding. Green Goblin is smart and has the advantage of flight and range.

#4 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

But has'nt wolverine lived through explosions?

#5 Edited by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"But has'nt wolverine lived through explosions?"
Yeah, but I didn't say he had to kill wolverine.
#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Goblin takes this.

#7 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

green goblin cause he can just throw bombs from far away... wolverine need to get close to cause damage..

#8 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

GG,but logan will hold in there

#9 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio
I change my vote to Wolverine.
#10 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"
"

why ?
#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio
T.J. Magnum said:
"Vance Astro said:
"
"

why ?"
Because I don't see Norman doing anything to Wolverine...I'm sure Wolverine is faster than him.His pumpkin bombs aren't going to do anything and neither are any of his cutting weapons...and if he gets fairly close to the groung,Wolverine can jump on the glider and take him out.He has like a 40-30 foot vertical leap.Notice I said foot not inch.
#12 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"T.J. Magnum said:
"Vance Astro said:
"
"

why ?"
Because I don't see Norman doing anything to Wolverine...I'm sure Wolverine is faster than him.His pumpkin bombs aren't going to do anything and neither are any of his cutting weapons...and if he gets fairly close to the groung,Wolverine can jump on the glider and take him out.He has like a 40-30 foot vertical leap.Notice I said foot not inch.
"

true, i see your points
#13 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"T.J. Magnum said:
"Vance Astro said:
"
"

why ?"
"
Why wouldn't they do anything?
#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"T.J. Magnum said:
"Vance Astro said:
"
"

why ?"
"
"

1.He could dodge them

2.He could not dodge them and he'd still be standing.
#15 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"T.J. Magnum said:
"Vance Astro said:
"
"

why ?"
"
"

1.He could dodge them

"
1. Dodging an explosion I doubt.

2. Why would he be standing? He could get back up, but an explosoin is going to knock him right off his feet.
#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"T.J. Magnum said:
"Vance Astro said:
"
"

why ?"
"
"

1.He could dodge them

"

2. Why would he be standing? He could get back up, but an explosoin is going to knock him right off his feet.
"

Nitro blew all the skin and muscle off his upperbody from a close range explosion and he didn't fall.
#17 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"T.J. Magnum said:
"Vance Astro said:
"
"

why ?"
"
"

1.He could dodge them

"

"

Nitro blew all the skin and muscle off his upperbody from a close range explosion and he didn't fall."
That was horrible writing. Wolverine has been beaten by much much less.
#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"T.J. Magnum said:
"Vance Astro said:
"
"

why ?"
"
"

1.He could dodge them

"

"

Nitro blew all the skin and muscle off his upperbody from a close range explosion and he didn't fall."
"

prove it...
#19 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"T.J. Magnum said:
"Vance Astro said:
"
"

why ?"
"
"

1.He could dodge them

"

"

"

prove it..."
Might take me awhile cause I will have to search. I don't own any wolverine comics.
#20 Posted by MAJESTY (295 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine could just stab em and its over.

#21 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio
MAJESTY said:
"wolverine could just stab em and its over.
"

#22 Posted by MAJESTY (295 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"MAJESTY said:
"

........"
...? what? is there much to say? its one of the greatest superheros vs a guy that thinks hes a goblin.a kid that thinks hes a spider beat him matter of fact killed em.so yeah wolverine stabs him and its over.
#23 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing in GG's arsenal stands any real chance of incapacitating Logan for any length of time. He would most likely play dead after being hit with a bomb, and wait for the Goblin to get in close, then jump on his glider, taking away his ability to fly, and putting the Goblin in mortal danger. Alternately, GG realizes he is outmatched, and just flies away.

#24 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio
MAJESTY said:
"Vance Astro said:
"MAJESTY said:
"

........"
...? what? is there much to say? its one of the greatest superheros vs a guy that thinks hes a goblin.a kid that thinks hes a spider beat him matter of fact killed em.so yeah wolverine stabs him and its over.
"
If Spider-Man killed him...then why is he still alive?
#25 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"Nothing in GG's arsenal stands any real chance of incapacitating Logan for any length of time. He would most likely play dead after being hit with a bomb, and wait for the Goblin to get in close, then jump on his glider, taking away his ability to fly, and putting the Goblin in mortal danger. Alternately, GG realizes he is outmatched, and just flies away."
Wolverine play dead? Wolverine would throw a fit after the first batarang or punkin bomb hits him. Thats what he does. The thing is here, is what is he going to do about it when his target can easily avoid him. Lets also not forget that while Green Goblin is insane, he is a genius. He also is stronger and more durable that Wolverine. Lets also not forget that GG has a healing factor too, not as good as Wolverine, but a very good one.
#26 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"Korg said:
"Nothing in GG's arsenal stands any real chance of incapacitating Logan for any length of time. He would most likely play dead after being hit with a bomb, and wait for the Goblin to get in close, then jump on his glider, taking away his ability to fly, and putting the Goblin in mortal danger. Alternately, GG realizes he is outmatched, and just flies away."
Wolverine play dead? Wolverine would throw a fit after the first batarang or punkin bomb hits him. Thats what he does. The thing is here, is what is he going to do about it when his target can easily avoid him. Lets also not forget that while Green Goblin is insane, he is a genius. He also is stronger and more durable that Wolverine. Lets also not forget that GG has a healing factor too, not as good as Wolverine, but a very good one.
"

Are you kidding me? Green Goblin is not more durable that Wolverine.You can have the stronger part but he's not that much stronger than Wolverine that it's going to make much difference...The Hulk is stronger than Green Goblin and had a hard time doing anything with his strength.Iron Man in the Hulkbuster armor slammed an armored car on Wolverine so hard,he made a crater in the street and I don't think he even bled.If Iron Man had done that to GG he would have died.Pumpkin bombs are a joke for someone like Wolverine and and if he's off the glide than he's really done because Wolverine is a far better fighter than he is.
#27 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
"Korg said:
"

Are you kidding me? Green Goblin is not more durable that Wolverine.You can have the stronger part but he's not that much stronger than Wolverine that it's going to make much difference...The Hulk is stronger than Green Goblin and had a hard time doing anything with his strength.Iron Man in the Hulkbuster armor slammed an armored car on Wolverine so hard,he made a crater in the street and I don't think he even bled.If Iron Man had done that to GG he would have died.Pumpkin bombs are a joke for someone like Wolverine and and if he's off the glide than he's really done because Wolverine is a far better fighter than he is."
WHen did this happen? Wolverine isn't that durable, he just heals fast.
#28 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Durability is a moot point. If they are trading blows, the Goblin is not durable enough to withstand adamantium claws. Wolverine, on the other hand, regularly survives blasts of greater magnitude than Green Goblin usually produces without much ill effect.

#29 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"Durability is a moot point. If they are trading blows, the Goblin is not durable enough to withstand adamantium claws. Wolverine, on the other hand, regularly survives blasts of greater magnitude than Green Goblin usually produces without much ill effect."
Wolverine has to beable to hit a moving target in the air. And with enough rapid explosoin, wolverine's healing factor can't keep up. It has happened.
#30 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"Korg said:
"Durability is a moot point. If they are trading blows, the Goblin is not durable enough to withstand adamantium claws. Wolverine, on the other hand, regularly survives blasts of greater magnitude than Green Goblin usually produces without much ill effect."
Wolverine has to beable to hit a moving target in the air. And with enough rapid explosoin, wolverine's healing factor can't keep up. It has happened.
"

Your almost acting as if Wolverine is just going to stand there and get hit or as if Norman has so many bombs that Wolverine would never be able to get away.
#31 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
"Korg said:
"

Are you kidding me? Green Goblin is not more durable that Wolverine.You can have the stronger part but he's not that much stronger than Wolverine that it's going to make much difference...The Hulk is stronger than Green Goblin and had a hard time doing anything with his strength.Iron Man in the Hulkbuster armor slammed an armored car on Wolverine so hard,he made a crater in the street and I don't think he even bled.If Iron Man had done that to GG he would have died.Pumpkin bombs are a joke for someone like Wolverine and and if he's off the glide than he's really done because Wolverine is a far better fighter than he is."
WHen did this happen? Wolverine isn't that durable, he just heals fast.
"
I believe it was during World War Hulk.Wolverine is durable...more durable than Norman.He has taken shots from people who would knock Norman's head clean off of his shoulders.
#32 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
"Korg said:
"

Your almost acting as if Wolverine is just going to stand there and get hit or as if Norman has so many bombs that Wolverine would never be able to get away."
Wolverine is not fast enough to dodge an explosion. He could avoid getting hit by the actual bomb, but the explosion would get him. And lets say gobby through them in a circle around Wolverine, that should be more than enough to overload the healing factor.
#33 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
"Korg said:
"

Your almost acting as if Wolverine is just going to stand there and get hit or as if Norman has so many bombs that Wolverine would never be able to get away."
Wolverine is not fast enough to dodge an explosion. He could avoid getting hit by the actual bomb, but the explosion would get him. And lets say gobby through them in a circle around Wolverine, that should be more than enough to overload the healing factor.
"

The explosion isn't going to harm him and that's the point.

Secondly..how the hell can Green Goblin throw bombs in a circle around Wolverine? Can you throw circular objects in a full circle around a person all at once? No! Can you do it "one after another?" Yes,but what the hell is Wolverine doing while he's doing this.You can circle someone with bombs when they are moving...
#34 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

You honestly think and explosion would not knock Wolverine off his feet and harm him? If you do I can't argue with you because you are taking Wolverine durability way out of porportion. He is only slightly more durable than an average human. The only reason he keeps going is cause he can heal from the wounds he gets.

#35 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"You honestly think and explosion would not knock Wolverine off his feet and harm him? If you do I can't argue with you because you are taking Wolverine durability way out of porportion. He is only slightly more durable than an average human. The only reason he keeps going is cause he can heal from the wounds he gets."

If the Explosion blows him away...that gives him a head start at running...Wolverine is not slighly ore durable than the average human...What are you talking about? Did you see the Namor fight? Namor is class 100,and he didn't even cause Wolverine to bleed...I just told you about the incident with the armored car..That's not healing factor..it's durability! I have seen Wolverine take explosions and not fall,so Why is it that your acting as if I'm blowing Wolverine's attributes out of proportion?
#36 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, and he heals almost instantaneously giving him superhuman endurance. Durability. You understand? GG would not be able to rock Wolverine hard enough with the bombs he carries to take him out. You act like Wolverine doesn't have black ops training, training as a samurai, ninja, etc. He is not always running around in a berserker rage, you know. Whereas Osborne may be brilliant, he is also insane and irrational.

#37 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
"You honestly think and explosion would not knock Wolverine off his feet and harm him? If you do I can't argue with you because you are taking Wolverine durability way out of porportion. He is only slightly more durable than an average human. The only reason he keeps going is cause he can heal from the wounds he gets."

If the Explosion blows him away...that gives him a head start at running...Wolverine is not slighly ore durable than the average human...What are you talking about? Did you see the Namor fight? Namor is class 100,and he didn't even cause Wolverine to bleed...I just told you about the incident with the armored car..That's not healing factor..it's durability! I have seen Wolverine take explosions and not fall,so Why is it that your acting as if I'm blowing Wolverine's attributes out of proportion?"
Only reason Wolverine survives a hit from Namor or a car is because his bones are strong enough to holds his body together, and then his healing factor takes care of the rest. I've seen wolverine get injured from much less than thos things you mentioned, such as swords, ninja starts, daggers, DD with with a dumbell.
#38 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, Wolverine has many, many showings both impressive and not so impressive. Are you going to pick and choose or are you going to use generally accepted truths about the character?

#39 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"Yes, Wolverine has many, many showings both impressive and not so impressive. Are you going to pick and choose or are you going to use generally accepted truths about the character?"
The general truths is that he is physically he is weaker and less durable than GG. He can heal faster than him though. As for reflexes I'm not sure who is the faster one. Wolverine does have some pretty quick reflexes though GG does too. Lets remember that GG keeps up with Spider-Man who is like the king of reflexes.
#40 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the durability issue has already been debated enough. Unless GG is carrying a lot of extra bombs with him, or ones that cause larger explosions with shrapnel, I don't see him taking out Wolverine without running out of ammo. Then he has two options: Fly away, or try to engage Wolverine physically.

#41 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"I think the durability issue has already been debated enough. Unless GG is carrying a lot of extra bombs with him, or ones that cause larger explosions with shrapnel, I don't see him taking out Wolverine without running out of ammo. Then he has two options: Fly away, or try to engage Wolverine physically."
Like I already said, Wolverine's healing factor can be overloaded and he has been knocked out before. And with GG's brains and equipment and powers I could see him doing it.
#42 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

how can his healing factor been overloaded?

#43 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"how can his healing factor been overloaded?"
By taking more hits than it can keep up with.
#44 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, what kind of equipment are you granting the Goblin? Cause if he's just flying through Central Park, probably looking for Spider-Man, I don't think he'll have enough munitions to tax Wolverine's healing factor to the point of incapacitation (which is possible, though he usually doesn't stay down for long).

#45 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"Ok, what kind of equipment are you granting the Goblin? Cause if he's just flying through Central Park, probably looking for Spider-Man, I don't think he'll have enough munitions to tax Wolverine's healing factor to the point of incapacitation (which is possible, though he usually doesn't stay down for long)."
Just his normal equipment, so his glider with his gear, and his bag full of goblin tricks. That should be enough, plus granting the fact that GG have hit him too, not just using bombs or batarangs.
#46 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"pixelized said:
"how can his healing factor been overloaded?"
By taking more hits than it can keep up with.
"
mkay
#47 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:

Just his normal equipment, so his glider with his gear, and his bag full of goblin tricks. That should be enough, plus granting the fact that GG have hit him too, not just using bombs or batarangs.

If GG gets close enough to hit him, he's making a potentially fatal tactical error. If he's close enough to hit Wolverine, even with just the glider, he is losing that glider. As I said, I don't think GG's bag of tricks is enough to incapacitate Logan. He could use a smokescreen to try and cover a physical assault, but it's risky, and the hit is not going to inflict too much damage on Logan.
#48 Posted by Spiderman 2099 (130 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"T.J. Magnum said:
"Vance Astro said:
"
"

why ?"
"
"

1.He could dodge them

"

"

"

prove it..."
The first fight with Deadpool.
#49 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio
Firelord hits Wolverine with two blasts...doesn't even break the skin.

The Punisher hits Wolverine with a Rocket.

Wolverine is down to the skeleton but still standing.

Wolverine..walking through a full blast from Mjolnir.

Wolverine vs. Nuke

Massive Explosion.

Wolverine in tact.

Wolverine hopes they have a bigger bomb..for their sake.

#50 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Can't see what Firelord does to him.

2. Proves my point. His is blown down to his skeleton, which means that his durability couldn't hold him together and only his bones do.

3. Wolverine looks down at the end and pretty fried.

4. Looks to me like the Nuke took him out until hours later.